6.0

1. Mar 23, 2014
    + One of the best looking games on Android/iOS
    + 10/10 character design
    + Female characters + Selectable characters + Voice commands in Team Deathmatch + Lobby chat and private chats + Let's you change your name to anything at any time + Tons of replayability + Can add friends from the chat or search bar + Fast loading + Invite to game + Good music + Great matchmaking + Hats
    + One of the best looking games on Android/iOS
    + 10/10 character design
    + Female characters
    + Selectable characters
    + Voice commands in Team Deathmatch
    + Lobby chat and private chats
    + Let's you change your name to anything at any time
    + Tons of replayability
    + Can add friends from the chat or search bar
    + Fast loading
    + Invite to game
    + Good music
    + Great matchmaking
    + Hats protect you from the first headshot then get destroyed, but appear when you respawn so it's important to buy at least 1 hat, there are a variety of stylish hates to choose from and they last indefinitely
    - Sometimes an enemy will melee kill you from 20+ feet away
    - No executions like in Gears of War
    - No report system
    - No theater
    - No co-op
    - Steals gold from you if you click "PREMIUM" or if you gamble on the slot machine
    - $3 is the cheapest transaction
    - No gore
    - Trailer is extremely misleading
    - No cutscenes whatsoever
    - No offline play which completely defeats the purpose of owning this for Android/iOS
    - No story
    - Voice commands are extremely loud which makes you play with the volume down
    - Almost no wall lets you take cover on it
    - Taking cover is very slow
    - No matter what, most times you take cover behind a wall you will die because for some moronic reason you have a 45 degree cone to shoot in instead of 360
    - Grenades kill you from 20 feet away even if you have a flak jacket on
    - Hackers (rare but still there)
    - Spammers
    - Only 3 servers so 50% of the people in the 'MURICA speak spanish, you could play in the Europe server but it won't have as stable a connection
    - Only 2 game modes
    - Game penalizes you severely just for the basic ability to sprint (you can only set one perk: Sprint, Quick Walk, Armor from Bullets/Melee, Armor from Greandes/Nube toobs)
    - Free-for-all sticks 12 people in a tiny map
    - Sometimes you can't join a match with a friend
    - Character customization could be better
    - No bots
    - Only meant to be played on PC
    - You automatically stick to cover which automatically kills you whenever it happens (trust me) so in other words, bad controls

Mass Effect of War Gears
  2. Jan 25, 2014
    My conclusion is the game just has too many issues for me to fully enjoy and here's why:

The game does have potential but the delay I get from the servers gives me so much trouble. Enemy players are never exactly where they appear and its practically impossible for me to land a melee attack especially if the enemy and I see each other at the same time. I get knocked down by players from behind corners before I can even see them. I get shot and killed even after it appears that I have put some cover between my opponent and myself. I have to estimate where a player actually is when I fire and shoot slightly ahead of them if I want to have any hope of hitting them. It's a nightmare and a mess. On top of that there are games where my soldier suddenly dies and I get a message that says I have committed suicide...

There are three tiers of game play that sort players by their experience earned. The game appears to be designed to be accessible to new players in tiers 1 (levels 1-9) with new weapons being easy to earn and to an extent in tier 2 (10-19) but if you want to stand a decent chance in tier 3 (20-50) you basically have to spend money or spend a long time grinding and competing against players who have earned (or spent...) lots more money and have superior equipment. The fact that I can't even land a melee attack because of technical issues makes any number of dollars I spend to gain equipment irrelevant. I will always be at a disadvantage with this game.
  3. Mar 4, 2014
    I like this game. I often travel a lot, so I can't play video games as often as I like at some points during the year. There is a good varieties of guns, a surprising amount of strategy involved, good controls, movement is smooth, and the maps are big and open. For a console game, it may be extremely generic, but for a iOS game, its extremely impressive.
    If you want the feel of a console
    If you want the feel of a console game on an iOS platform, buy this game, you won't regret it.

1. Apr 11, 2013
    It is indeed better, more complete and entertaining than the first version, but still we think there's something missing. The freemium concept makes its offer more accessible, so if you're a fan of the genre it's worth a try.
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    A blindingly gorgeous shooter and an absolute bargain. [Feb 2013, p.92]
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    You can see that Shadowgun: Deadzone has potential, but it's also largely unfinished, with lots of lag, serious crashes and few contents. It's free to download though, so it's easy to recommend to try it and eventually keeping your fingers crossed for some huge upgrades.