Sonic CD iOS

8.7

1. Mar 14, 2012
    Wow, Fanboy's are us ! I played this the first time around and although it was ok at the time, gaming has moved on, I really dont know what fun people can eek out of this other than thinking "my god I am glad we are not in the 90's aymore". It's Sonic and it still has the same problems that Sonic always had, no real flow to it, unless you are one of the below reviewers and have devotedWow, Fanboy's are us ! I played this the first time around and although it was ok at the time, gaming has moved on, I really dont know what fun people can eek out of this other than thinking "my god I am glad we are not in the 90's aymore". It's Sonic and it still has the same problems that Sonic always had, no real flow to it, unless you are one of the below reviewers and have devoted your life to small spiky blue things, then chances are you will spend most of your time losing your rings and getting frustrated at which path to take. And this one I would say is worse than the others, half the time you don't know where you are supposed to be going, let alone having to deal with the sometimes annoying controls.

Good for a bit of retro fun, but I certainly wouldn't give it anywhere near 10 out of 10 in the year 2012, I have given it a 5 and 4 of them are because it is nice to see again. The 1 is for the gameplay.
  2. Oct 28, 2016
    The game itself is quite good. Solid framerate, even on a 4S; the physics are decent such that you end up where you think you will, and off-the-hook music. However, this port suffers from mediocre touch controls and the fact that the developers had the hairbrained idea to put ads in it despite it being a paid app! Wanna remove those ads? Pay another fee that you may as well buy anotherThe game itself is quite good. Solid framerate, even on a 4S; the physics are decent such that you end up where you think you will, and off-the-hook music. However, this port suffers from mediocre touch controls and the fact that the developers had the hairbrained idea to put ads in it despite it being a paid app! Wanna remove those ads? Pay another fee that you may as well buy another game with! I feel that last point can be best summed up by James Rolfe: "What were they thinking!?" Expand
  3. Dec 16, 2011
    Sonic CD for iOS is an incredible game. It plays and feels just like the original from 1993, but better. This version was ported by Christian Whitehead ("The Taxman"), a long time Sonic fan and game development guru. It retains the classic graphics, with improved effects. The gameplay and controls are also improved, borrowing Sonic 2's speed and spindash. (The original controls are stillSonic CD for iOS is an incredible game. It plays and feels just like the original from 1993, but better. This version was ported by Christian Whitehead ("The Taxman"), a long time Sonic fan and game development guru. It retains the classic graphics, with improved effects. The gameplay and controls are also improved, borrowing Sonic 2's speed and spindash. (The original controls are still available as an option for those who prefer them.) The game includes both the US and Japan soundtracks, and has Tails as an unlockable playable character. The achievements are not many, but are a cool addition to the game nonetheless. So are the online Game Center leaderboards. The virtual gamepad is implemented very nicely, and doesn't get in the way even if you're used to playing the game with a joystick. The game can be beaten fairly quickly if you're willing to see only the bad ending, but to get the complete experience, a lot of exploration is involved. I would easily pay $10 for this game, and for the current price, you'd have to be crazy not to get it. Running smoothly at 60FPS at all times, Sonic CD for iOS sets a very high standard for iOS ports. Collapse

1. Jan 4, 2012
    Sonic CD is as a must buy for all the Sonic the Hedgehog fans out there, as well as for anyone looking for a solid platform game, capable of combining speed and taste for exploration.
    Sonic CD is a gem that should be played by any fan of Sonic.
  3. Dec 23, 2011
    Sure some elements, like the happy-go-lucky soundtrack that sounds like C&C Music Factory for Kids, feel a little dated – but Sonic CD delivers everywhere that it counts. If you're a fan of the Hedgehog from way back, but have had your heart broken by other mobile ports, fret not – Sonic CD is the game you've been waiting for.