• Publisher: inkle
  • Release Date: Nov 7, 2013
7.6

1. Dec 10, 2013
    Excellent game. If you're in to D&D this comes closer than any game on iOS, for a legitimate one player adventure (you can pick up companions). My only gripe is they need to take away the replay option. Such an option keeps making me want to cheat and I lost my interest in playing after awhile.
  2. Nov 25, 2013
    With Sorcery! part 1 Inkle studios managed to raise the bar for digital gamebooks on any device. With Sorcery! part 2 they manage to raise the bar for any game. On any device.

Sorcery! part 2 has the same great atmospheric sounds and music beautiful map layout and wonderful illustrations. Most of all though, it has that same great fairy tale story telling vibe, that you just don't get
    with other games. This isn't some randomly generated dungeon crawler with tons of enemies to battle and loot all over the place. While a lot of today's mobile games tend to strip away all the magic and story and leave a bare mechanical experience, Sorcery! heads exactly in the other direction. Every road you take, every person you meet, every battle you face, every object you find, it all has meaning, substance. Like a great fable it taunts you with choices, sometimes with a clear right or wrong answer, but sometimes not so much. The paths taken to complete your quest may differ significantly.

And it's that sense of quest where part 2 has greatly improved compared to part 1. While part 1 was basically just about getting from A to B (preferably with the greatest amount of treasure), part 2 actually has you completing a quest that needs a lot of persistence. My biggest gripe with part 1, the fact that the game (very much like a book relentlessly) moves forward without the option to revisit places, has been resolved with some very clever tricks the game pulls on you.

This game is one of the best games I've ever played, easily the best game of 2013. To new players I strongly recommend playing the game without using the Rewind option. Make every decision you make count. Maybe you'll make some mistakes, loose something or miss something, but it'll make your feeling of satisfaction that much greater if you finally succeed. Enjoy!
  3. Nov 22, 2013
    I really enjoyed the 1st Sorcery game and was excited to see this release. It has enough action to keep me interested and I love the combo of simple graphics and text format. Maybe it goes back to my youth playing text based RPG games and choose your own adventure books, but it combines those both and still has hands on combat and magic in a graphic interface.

This version greatly
    expands on the 1st game, there is much more to do and it feels like more places to use your items and spells. I wish it was longer, but every great game leaves you wanting more. There is a clever element so you can keep exploring and you can’t power through it like the 1st game but I won’t spoil anything. I did get a decently long playtime trying out different choices and options. I hope the next chapter comes out soon! Expand

1. Dec 28, 2013
    The writing continues to deliver. [Jan 2014, p.82]
  2. Dec 13, 2013
    If you had a good time with Sorcery!, I probably don't even need to tell you to buy this
  3. Nov 27, 2013
    The Sorcery!-series brings the magic of game books to phones and tablets, with charming images and a strong story. Sorcery! plays like an RPG but thanks to its enthralling storyline and oppressive moments more personal and more exciting than many games in that genre.