7.8

1. Mar 24, 2011
    This is the game i was waiting for on the iPad.

Every time developers released pre-announced iPad games i ended up disappointed, nothing was immersive enough, nothing could keep me tapping on the "touchtronic device" for more than 20 minutes, nothing was as good as they described it.

S:S&S EP really came through for me; like the other times i was watching the movies online and the hype
    was building up despite some reservations due to previous delusions.
    I couldn't be more wrong, this time everything i was looking for is acknowledged, this game is full of sensations, every scenario, every bit of music, every sentence is full of inspiration and if you can look at it in the right way you can't avoid to stare at the whole thing in awe.

The gameplay is wonderful as well but it doesn't really matter for me, the story brings you to a point where you just don't care about the "how" but you focus more on the story and everything that's happening around you by moving naturally around, and i think this is a very good achievement for the developer, controlling the game just feels right, nothing is off.

I was even scared at a certain point, running away from something, thinking how they could have managed it by putting it toghether some pixel and some very well-made music.

This is the best iPad game to date, and it's gonna take a lot of effort for other developers to move it from the top.
  2. Apr 25, 2011
    simply amazing, nostalgic, magnificence. the best ios game yet and possibly one of the best games ever. at the 4 dollar price calling it a steal is an understatement. then there's the incredible music. its basically a pink floyd soundtrack over a tolken inspired landscape with hints of myst and earthbound like charm, go buy this now.
  3. Apr 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is by far one the best iPad/iPhone adventure games available on the AppStore. Graphics are simply lovely, controls are good, and the script is just too clever and funny. Looking for a challenging and relaxing experience for your iOS device? Just get this game. Expand
  4. Mar 31, 2011
    S:S&S EP is one of those games that requires you to sit down in a dark room, put on a set of headphones, and let yourself become absorbed in it's ambience. In return the game provides you with some of the most clever, beautiful, engaging gameplay you've ever seen. Luckily the game is broken up into 20-30 minute long "acts" complete with curtains closing and sending you back to the home screen. It's a refreshing experience to play an iOS (or any OS) game to tell you straight up to take your time and just enjoy the experience. The best part about it though, is the tone. The story is told in the second person, which provides the game with a refreshingly antiquated feel which itself accentuates the art style.

I don't think I've chuckled or smiled so much while playing a game in years, a definite must buy.
  5. Aug 2, 2011
    All told, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery is a magnificent game. It elevates experience of play far beyond the mundane of it's peers, and at many times moves the player emotionally in entirely unexpecting ways. Though easily billed as an "art game", I think such terms belittle the events of the game. It's not a game of irony that most art games are. Rather it's a moving experience that reveals the vast majority of games to be trite, shallow, and unambitious. Expand
  6. Jan 19, 2012
    This game is pretty, nostalgic, and has great music. Essentially, it's a game for hipsters.
    But it's dang good all the same. Sure it may not be thrilling and fast paced, but that's not what it's trying to be and you know that the moment you start playing. So go ahead, chill out and enjoy the world that Superbrothers, Jim Guthrie, and Capybara Games have created.
  7. Apr 16, 2012
    It's decent but there perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. These perfect scores are a joke. Expand
  8. May 7, 2012
    Don't know what happened to my last review. However, let me summarise. This game is terrible and can hardly be called a game. The so called artwork is "nostalgic" yes, I appreciate it would have taken effort to create and that's what lured me, but really the artwork is limited to what you see in the screen grabs it is only repetitive and uninspiring once you get playing. And by playing I mean finishing the game in around an hour. Look at the walkthoughs online if you don't believe me, there really is no content to this game. The puzzles and game play verge on non-existant and are frankly completely unrelated to the plot. Think clicking inanimate items in a specific order on screen in order to solve them. The sound that is being talked up is really very average, like a student put it together with a keyboard and sound board. The high scores here should not be believed. Please don't purchase this game as I have done, I would rate atari 2600 games above this. Expand
  9. Jan 3, 2013
    Interesting concept. The art style, psychology aspect, and rave reviews attracted me to the game. I appreciate the wtf aspect and humor of the game and having to figure out what is going on and how to play. To me it just wasn't that fun to play though.

1. Apr 26, 2012
    It's obscure, it's "arty" and it surely is old fashioned. And at the end of the day, Sword and Sorcery is surely a unique experience.
  2. Oct 19, 2011
    Has it flaws when it comes to gameplay, but it more than makes up for them with its atmosphere, artistic tricks and some genuinely breathtaking moments. [Sept 2011]
  3. Jul 4, 2011
    This is one of the best games of 2011. Never thought I'd be saying that about an iPhone title.