7.3

1. Jun 7, 2012
    It's a good game with clear reference to 16 bit classics. I've got it for free but it's worth a dolar or more. Controls can be a little problematic but I assume that it's the matter of touch screen instead of the buttons. Either way Swordigo is wort to check out. I give this game 8 but for some reason I can't use the score slider under IPad's safari browser :)
  2. May 13, 2012
    This is a great game and easily one of the best on the system. Now, if you did not like the old NES/SNES versions of Metroid and Zelda, then you won't like this game. While not as deep as those two games, Swordigo easily makes up for that with great gameplay. I have had some issues with the controls as they've been unresponsive at times, which have caused some of the enemies in the game to be a bit more difficult than they should be. However your doing yourself a disservice by not playing this game as it's easily one of the best on the iPhone right now. Especially if you could have picked it up for free, like I did a few days ago. Expand
  3. Apr 2, 2012
    I usually have quite the short attention span when it comes to iOS games. But, for whatever reason this game has held my attention quite a bit. It's a great little game with excellent controls and a charming style to it. If you enjoy iOS action games with a hint of RP in them, you can't go wrong with Swordigo.
  4. Mar 31, 2012
    This is precisly what I was looking for.
    A good platformer with really smooth controls and some RPG-elements (like leveling up and such).

In you'r 5 must have iPhone games (I haven't palyed it on the iPad, but guess it's even nicer there) - this is one of ´em.

I highly recommends this fun, vast game.
  5. Mar 30, 2012
    Possibly the best game experience I've had on the iPad yet. Why? I expected a good platform/RPG game with the usual iPad length of a few hours. Instead I got an epic game that draws on classics like Zelda and wonderboy in monsterland that promised more like 20 hours of gameplay. The dynamic of this game is incredible- starting gently (ok, the plot is almost non-existent-goes to show how little plot can matter in RPGs if the game mechanics and design is this good) then moving into more and more fiendish puzzling areas. You will find yourself getting to a new area, scratching your head, then going "Oh!" and figuring it out. Then it might take you quite a few tries but you always manage to get through it. Do not underestimate how difficult this is to achieve in a game. The leveling element adds so much to the player experience- if you can't get past a boss, go back and grind a bit, then you'll eventually be able to progress- even though this is more likely to happen earlier in the game. Controls are amazingly responsive and i find myself trying to decide whether or not it is better than with a joystick. Visuals are good and remind me of a side scrolling version of little big adventure (twinsen's oddysey). Level design is varied, even though i look forward to even more variety in a sequel. The player is never punished, and teleports are placed perfectly, so as to avoid overly lengthy trips back to a death spot. I can see these developers being offerred treasure chests full of money by activision in a couple of months- the buzz surrounding this game is building big time. Lets hope they stay true to this mixture of old-school, yet post-wow game mechanic style. In summary, These developers have created a new classic. Can't wait for the next one...or maybe an expansion? Expand
  6. Apr 2, 2012

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Swordigo is by far one of the best platformers seen on iDevices. The controls are sharp and they are coupled with marvelous level design. And the price is down right cheap as hell. [Aug 2012]
  2. Jun 28, 2012
    Swordigo is a prehistoric platformer without a single new idea; a hardcore journey through dark fairytale worlds, and a bow to arcade hits of the 90s.
  3. May 30, 2012
    At first glance Swordigo is simple and ugly. But under the surface you'll find a competent and challenging adventure, that reminds you of early Zeldas: A lot of combat, a lot of exploring, the occasional puzzle and a huge world.