6.6

1. Feb 21, 2015
    I loved Terraria on PC but the mobile version suck and keeps crashing and they wont refund me.
    Refund me and do the right thing and ill delete this.
    Why do the paying customer always get shafted
  2. Dec 9, 2013
    Whilst not quite being able to hold a candle to the origInal due to some serious frame rate issues on earlier devices and moments of clunky control right when you don't want them, this handheld version of one of the best creative games available is still worth the cash, along as your device is current enough to run it.
  3. Jan 21, 2014
    A decent port looking very crisp. Everything here's except multiplayer, which is a real shame. However this will always be my last port of call for Terraria play simply due to the usual reason when playing almost all touchscreen games : awkward and difficult controls. Going from my xbox controller to using a touchscreen feels like playing the game with one arm tied behind my back.
  4. Jan 28, 2014
    Extremely addicting game, and your imagination is the limit. However, this game is not really one at last, after about 4 days or so of playing you get bored and move on from the game. But other than that, great game.
  5. May 29, 2014
    there are a LOT of bad things about this game. first of all, ITS FREAKING BORING, its just so hard to get into. Second of all, the mining, kiiiiiiinda sucks. the cursor doesn't have the fluency and speed of the mouse on a computer. you don't get the same kind of equipment as the PC edition that confuses the hell out of you when you check their stats. Another thing i preferred over the Xboxthere are a LOT of bad things about this game. first of all, ITS FREAKING BORING, its just so hard to get into. Second of all, the mining, kiiiiiiinda sucks. the cursor doesn't have the fluency and speed of the mouse on a computer. you don't get the same kind of equipment as the PC edition that confuses the hell out of you when you check their stats. Another thing i preferred over the Xbox edition is the crafting, you could craft on the go. this game makes you open the pause button, scroll to the craft screen, find the correct section, and then make the item then you don't even know how many torches, platforms or whatever you made. sorry Re-digit, Terraria is just better for PC. Expand
  6. Apr 18, 2014
    Not being familiar at all with the PC version, i can't compare but one thing that got me from the get go, was the fact that there is no real objective. The tutorial goes through the basics but i mean basics, it doesn't go out of its way at all to explain what to do.

When it comes to the main game, plenty of choice in the character selection and a fairly reasonable three slots available for characters and created worlds.

The game is addictive, the first week i had this game i think i logged 80+ hours. In saying that it has declined but the game has that certain sandbox addictiveness that i haven't experienced since Mine-craft.

Controls work fine for a touch screen and there is the option to use a controller but i have not tested this feature. Graphics work wonderfully and sound and game play definitely wrap this little gem up. It's worth the $3 or whatever it is in the app store. A must for any casual / hardcore gamer.
  7. Nov 16, 2014
    This game is extremely fun, and works better than minecraft pe (minecraft on phone/tablet) If you don't have consoles this is an amazing game to get a full portable experience.
  8. Apr 24, 2015
    I had heard that Terraria was better than Minecraft. TI thought "No way!" But my mind changed right after playing it for the first time! One of the games main features is the variety of bosses - so far I've defeated 6. Just yesterday I took on and defeated the Wall of Flesh! Some of the cooler bosses: Skeletron Prime, the Goblin Army, the Pirate Army, Eater of Worlds and Duke Fishron!I had heard that Terraria was better than Minecraft. TI thought "No way!" But my mind changed right after playing it for the first time! One of the games main features is the variety of bosses - so far I've defeated 6. Just yesterday I took on and defeated the Wall of Flesh! Some of the cooler bosses: Skeletron Prime, the Goblin Army, the Pirate Army, Eater of Worlds and Duke Fishron! This game is truly amazing! Expand
  9. Mar 22, 2015
    Disclaimer: My experience of Terraria comes from the Android port, which at the time of writing lacks a unique page. Either that or im very short sighted all of a sudden.
    While the PC version of Terraria blew people away and did well to encourage high sales, this port had to cut a lot of content. For quite a long time, even Hardmode wasnt added in, but by now Terraria has recieved it's own 1.2 update. And despite only supporting small worlds, these worlds are full of beautifully pixelated biomes. Theres so much to do, and so much to explore. What could go wrong?
    Answer: This is a phone we're talking about.
    Glitches are frequent, mainly odd graphical ones: I once witnessed a crafting menu comprised entirely of doors. Mannequins are very odd around the leg area, NPCs will say some strange things....speaking of NPCs, why wont the Goblin Tinkerer let me reforge? Thats a VERY important feature! Worlds may also not spawn hardmode ores properly. Very annoying to have to make another world and beat the Wall of Flesh again just to get Adamantite.
    But worst of all are the crashes.
    Only a few minutes of play and the game will either crash, or freeze, leading to another crash. These crashes also delete the last few minutes of progress. I had nearly beaten the Destroyer. CRASH! Destroyer is gone. I got a rare banner. CRASH! No banner for me! I had Finally got a Broken Hero Sword.
    CRASH!
    I nearly bludgeoned both myself and the mobile.
    I can only hope 505 fixes this, but for now, I would recommend you avoid the Android version. On iOS you may have better luck, but either way, don't expect roses.
  10. Apr 30, 2015
    This port is just about the worst thing in the world. It reeks of cut corners and a general lack of care for making the game seem like there was effort put in or that it actually wants you to play it. Dozens of items from the PC version are excluded, and replaced with idiotic holiday-themed bosses that constantly clip through blocks and bug out. This is, undoubtedly, the worst possible wayThis port is just about the worst thing in the world. It reeks of cut corners and a general lack of care for making the game seem like there was effort put in or that it actually wants you to play it. Dozens of items from the PC version are excluded, and replaced with idiotic holiday-themed bosses that constantly clip through blocks and bug out. This is, undoubtedly, the worst possible way to play Terraria. There isn't much thought involved in making that proclamation. Expand

1. Oct 20, 2013
    Unwieldy controls and missing multiplayer modes let down an otherwise impressive port. [Dec 2013, p.76]
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    If you like to explore a randomly generated world, mine and harvest everything your eyes can see and build any type of weird structures, Terraria is the right game for you. If you loved the PC version you will love the iOS version too, despite the lack of multiplayer and the size of the map.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    While by no means a replacement for the full PC version of Terraria, this pint-sized iteration is an effortless recommendation.