6.7

1. Feb 21, 2015
    I loved Terraria on PC but the mobile version suck and keeps crashing and they wont refund me.
    Refund me and do the right thing and ill delete this.
    Why do the paying customer always get shafted
  2. May 29, 2014
    there are a LOT of bad things about this game. first of all, ITS FREAKING BORING, its just so hard to get into. Second of all, the mining, kiiiiiiinda sucks. the cursor doesn't have the fluency and speed of the mouse on a computer. you don't get the same kind of equipment as the PC edition that confuses the hell out of you when you check their stats. Another thing i preferred over the Xboxthere are a LOT of bad things about this game. first of all, ITS FREAKING BORING, its just so hard to get into. Second of all, the mining, kiiiiiiinda sucks. the cursor doesn't have the fluency and speed of the mouse on a computer. you don't get the same kind of equipment as the PC edition that confuses the hell out of you when you check their stats. Another thing i preferred over the Xbox edition is the crafting, you could craft on the go. this game makes you open the pause button, scroll to the craft screen, find the correct section, and then make the item then you don't even know how many torches, platforms or whatever you made. sorry Re-digit, Terraria is just better for PC. Expand
  3. Mar 22, 2015
    Disclaimer: My experience of Terraria comes from the Android port, which at the time of writing lacks a unique page. Either that or im very short sighted all of a sudden.
    While the PC version of Terraria blew people away and did well to encourage high sales, this port had to cut a lot of content. For quite a long time, even Hardmode wasnt added in, but by now Terraria has recieved it's own 1.2 update. And despite only supporting small worlds, these worlds are full of beautifully pixelated biomes. Theres so much to do, and so much to explore. What could go wrong?
    Answer: This is a phone we're talking about.
    Glitches are frequent, mainly odd graphical ones: I once witnessed a crafting menu comprised entirely of doors. Mannequins are very odd around the leg area, NPCs will say some strange things....speaking of NPCs, why wont the Goblin Tinkerer let me reforge? Thats a VERY important feature! Worlds may also not spawn hardmode ores properly. Very annoying to have to make another world and beat the Wall of Flesh again just to get Adamantite.
    But worst of all are the crashes.
    Only a few minutes of play and the game will either crash, or freeze, leading to another crash. These crashes also delete the last few minutes of progress. I had nearly beaten the Destroyer. CRASH! Destroyer is gone. I got a rare banner. CRASH! No banner for me! I had Finally got a Broken Hero Sword.
    CRASH!
    I nearly bludgeoned both myself and the mobile.
    I can only hope 505 fixes this, but for now, I would recommend you avoid the Android version. On iOS you may have better luck, but either way, don't expect roses.
  4. Apr 30, 2015
    This port is just about the worst thing in the world. It reeks of cut corners and a general lack of care for making the game seem like there was effort put in or that it actually wants you to play it. Dozens of items from the PC version are excluded, and replaced with idiotic holiday-themed bosses that constantly clip through blocks and bug out. This is, undoubtedly, the worst possible wayThis port is just about the worst thing in the world. It reeks of cut corners and a general lack of care for making the game seem like there was effort put in or that it actually wants you to play it. Dozens of items from the PC version are excluded, and replaced with idiotic holiday-themed bosses that constantly clip through blocks and bug out. This is, undoubtedly, the worst possible way to play Terraria. There isn't much thought involved in making that proclamation. Expand

1. Oct 20, 2013
    Unwieldy controls and missing multiplayer modes let down an otherwise impressive port. [Dec 2013, p.76]
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    If you like to explore a randomly generated world, mine and harvest everything your eyes can see and build any type of weird structures, Terraria is the right game for you. If you loved the PC version you will love the iOS version too, despite the lack of multiplayer and the size of the map.
  3. Sep 5, 2013
    While by no means a replacement for the full PC version of Terraria, this pint-sized iteration is an effortless recommendation.