7.7

1. Sep 13, 2013
    I have to admit I've never even watched one episode of the show. I picked this game up on a whim because it was free, and because I've was curious to see if "The Simpsons" are as funny as everyone says. Suffice to say that "Tapped Out" doesn't skimp out on any jokes or fan-service. It's very funny and filled with various characters, locations, and references to and from the show. The gameplay is mixture between a social game and a city builder. It's a lot of fun to play, but suffers from one key issue; timers. Everything from building a house to completing a quest takes a certain amount of real time. The problem with this is when you're waiting on one or more tasks to be completed you're not playing the game. So the core gameplay consists of starting up the game, starting a task, and then waiting for that task to complete. This makes it very much a casual gamers game, which isn't a bad thing, but I would rather sit down and play for more than a few minutes at a time while I wait for the game to send my phone an update telling me that a task has been completed. Still it's not a bad game, it has kept me entertained and coming back, and it will continue to. Even as someone who's not familiar with the show I found myself laughing a lot with this game. So even if you're not a fan this is worth a download. It's fun and humorous, and that's what keeps me coming back despite the timers. Expand
  2. Apr 3, 2014
    okay simpson's new game tapped out . is like the new minecraft. its enjoyable and fun but its to hard .
    Grade B...............................................
  3. Mar 9, 2013
    A lovely game that will make you check on it every day, make lots of friends and this will be the perfect game for that boring nights. It's different from the other same style games, i recommend.
  4. Aug 18, 2014
    An okay city builder. When Homer was goofing around on his Mypad, he didn't notice he was just about to blow up springfield. And now you have to build it back.
    Pros: The story and dialogue.
    Cons: The gameplay. everything takes forever to build. If you want to speed it up, you can use doughnuts, which are very limited, and, if you want to buy them with real money, they rip you off.

This would be higher if they didn't try to rip you off. P.S this game can be addictive. 7/10
  5. Aug 14, 2013
    The Simpsons: Tapped Out has the same idea as other games like Smurf's Village or any other game where you have to build a town or city or anything like that. What makes the Tapped Out truly amazing is it's hilarious script, including 4 cut-scenes that will make you laugh time after time again. But what makes this just over the top is that, you know everybody. You're familiar with the Simpson's family and the Kwik-E-Mart. It makes the whole game enjoyable. A must get whether you're a Simpson's fan or not. Expand
  6. Jun 2, 2013
    This game is a well designed, incredibly rewarding social game using real-time to set characters on missions (each a set number of hours) and then returning later to collect the spoils of their labors. The game does have some very overpriced "donuts" being currency for premium content purchased with real cash, or won through the mystery box. It's fun, though you do need patience for this very addictive game. A must-have for any tablet owner Expand
  7. May 25, 2014
    I have to say, this game is fun, the cost of donuts is a shameless rip off, but it must work as I've bought a fair few. I've played it for nearly two years now almost every day.
    It's fun, with some good story line based missions, a lot of real character voices and most of your favourite folks in it. Good game.
  8. Aug 13, 2012
    I've never played a game like this before, so this is coming from someone who is new to the whole "building a city" type game. I loved it. I've always loved anything Simpsons related and I took great joy in discovering new characters, missions, and buildings. But then the connection errors began... This game requires a connection to the EA servers at all times. This makes absolutely no sense to me and when it fails to connect (which seems to be often) you are unable to play the game at all. Thankfully I've not invested in buying special items (ie. donuts) so it's no loss for me. But I really miss this game. Haven't been able to connect to EA's servers for two days. When it works it's a lot of fun, but they need to fix this server nonsense. Expand
  9. May 3, 2014
    The Simpsons Tapped Out excels at four different aspects: Graphics, Gameplay, Music and Content.
    The music is pleasant, the graphic are good, the gameplay is unique and the amount of content in the game is unprecedented.
  10. Sep 18, 2014
    This game is pretty fun for awhile until things start to take way too long to build after certain levels. The premium donuts are kind of a rip-off even though they toss you some now and again on certain quests. Overall this is an enjoyable game if you are patient and don't care about collecting everything that the game has to offer, like paying 250 donuts for Barney's Bowlerama on your phone.
  11. Feb 20, 2014
    As others have said, there are elements of city building, a social game in that you can visit friends' towns. There are task assignments for characters and witty scripts but most importantly this is not a money grab game. It won't glitch up because you don't rate it at five stars. It is playable for free. There are some items that need cash to unlock, but they aren't truly essential to playing the game. This is also not a twitchy game. It's not for adrenalin junkies or those who want to play through. It is fine for all ages and you just need one mostly working finger.

Suggestion for Developers: A fun expansion that they could do would be to have microgames which could be a little twitchy, like go to Krustyland and actually play the ring toss, or fish in Chalmers' pond.
  12. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Such a stupid game of taking care of your stupid house. It has no relation with the real meaning of the show. In the show, the Simpsons always talk for things about the sex. Here, it has nothing like this. Very
    irrelativeness.
  13. Jun 7, 2014
    Smurfs is better than this stupid game It is so boring too much tapping at least smurfs can create things and play more games this game is **** remove it now clash of clans it better

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Puzzlingly, it seems there are more than enough people whose standards for entertainment are low enough that companies can make a lot of money with products like The Simpsons: Tapped Out. The problem is, that this takes away resources for the development of 'real games'. Economically, it might be a sound strategy, but it's also one that could conceivably prompt me to quit this job some day.
  2. Sep 30, 2012
    It's Cityville with the Simpsons, simple as that. Fans of the TV series should definitely try this out.
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    It may not have the depth of Sim City or the dedicated following of FarmVille but Tapped Out is still a thoroughly entertaining and addictive experience; arguably the best videogame based on The Simpsons yet.