7.4

1. Jan 13, 2013
    I played the playstation 3 version fist and I was very impressed with the port. It was brilliant. Character development was great and emotional. It really connected you to the game and made me genuinely care about clementines well being.
  2. Nov 28, 2012
    Shocked there are no user reviews for this game, I felt compelled to write just my thoughts on this entire series actually.

I literally just finished Ep 5 about 15 minutes ago, and all I can say is, if you're a fan of The Walking Dead in any way, shape or form, or you are a fan of great stories, then this series is for you.

I would be willing to concede that the game isn't the most
    impressive visually, or the most innovative, however, this series makes up for it so well in story, and character depth, that I am willing to waive it's (arguable) flaws for it's colossal strengths.

At the asking price for this game, there is really no excuse to at least check out Episode 1, which I am sure, will impress and lead you to get the remainder of the episodes and be in for a real treat.

I hope some people may find this collection of my opinions as incentive to try out this gem of a game series. It most certain to keep you interested and attached right to the very end.
  3. Mar 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Walking Dead: a Telltale Game Series" is a new take-on in "The Walking Dead" Franchise, and Episode 1 A New Day begins this 5-part season. But what do I think of it, let's find out. When I went into "The Walking Dead" for the first time, I played as Lee Everett, a convicted man who's been given a second chance in life to redeem himself as a good man when a zombie apocalypse breaks out and fate puts him in the care and bond of a little girl named Clementine. This game has such an amazing storyline and amazing characters that you meet and bond with who are solid written characters. Why? Because the story adds an emotional touch to it that made me feel like a real person and gives you a better experience in a Telltale game and gives you a more compelling relationship between Lee and Clementine. It makes you relate these characters to yourself and your loved ones. While progressing through the Episode, you meet new people such as a reporter named Carley and a farmer named Hershel (you might be familiar with this character if you are a general fan of The Walking Dead). After meeting with these characters, you feel a lot like you're friends trying to stay together after an apocalyptic break out. Now, the game-play. The game-play is simply amazing, even though this is Telltale's classic point and click format but The Walking Dead in general adds choices to the game. Here is a sequence in the game that allows you to make the choices. When you are in the pharmacy, you have the choice to either save a man named Doug or Carley. If you save Carley, you leave Doug to die and it's the same result when you choose to save Doug instead of Carley. These choices allow for a lot of replay value to see what are the consequences that you have to face after you make these choices. So to recap on the pros, the storyline is amazing due to it's emotional touch, the characters are solidly written and the game-play was great. Now onto the cons of the game. The only complaint I had was that the game has a few goofy moments like when the radio is not working, Carley doesn't know that there are no batteries in the radio. But overall, I highly recommend you play this Episode or the stand alone game on any platform. My final verdict is a 9/10. If there were no goofy moments, this game would be perfect in my opinion but I can't wait to play the 4 remaining episodes on my iPod and play the stand alone game on the PS3. Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2014
    Telltale's fantastic Walking Dead game makes it's way to Android devices, and yo can pick up this first episode for free. With it's fantastic story and characters that tie in well with the comic book universe, this is a must play if you're a fan of the series. There are some great puzzles, quick-time events, and moral decisions to make. It's not my favorite version of the game. It's by far the poorest running version I've seen and it's got some more noticeable technical issues, but if it's the only option you've got then pick this one up on your mobile device. Still if you're looking for the best portable version available I recommend the Vita version any day.

This is a fantastic game and any Walking Dead fan should pick this up ASAP. I still recommend one of the many other systems to play this on, but what makes this experience so enjoyable is still here. So go ahead and pick up this first episode. If for whatever reason you don't like it you can take pride in the fact that it's free so you really will not have lost anything. Still though I see absolutely no reason why people would not like this game.
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    I bought this game for my iPhone 4S I never usually pay for my apps so shelling out £2.99 was a big deal for me, I read the reviews and the game sounded wicked, don't get me wrong it was ridiculously fun. The MASSIVE problem I have with it is the length, £2.99 for an iPhone game is pretty ridiculous anyway considering you can get tonnes of brilliant games for 69p. Walking dead provides you with about an hour and a half game play and then you have to buy the next episode for another £2.99! I am seriously peed off, so peed off infact that I created this account just to rant about it and I never review things. £2.99 seriously get over yourselves yeah walking dead is the in thing right now but stop ripping people off, I wouldn't even mind paying £2.99 for the first episode then 69p for the others but noooooo the game makers are too greedy. F you motherFrs. Not happy grrr. Expand

1. Sep 23, 2012
    A great graphic adventure that could be improved by more challenging puzzles.
  2. Aug 6, 2012
    With terrific visuals, impressive voice acting, an engaging story, and choices with long-ranging effects, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more intriguing mobile adventure title than this apocalyptic tale.
  3. Jul 31, 2012
    Episode one of Walking Dead: The Game lays a great foundation for a story that follows a new group of survivors - how you choose to play Lee will determine how the story spins out in future episodes, but you'll have to live long enough to make it that far first.