6.3

1. Sep 17, 2012
    I've played the original TWEWY and it is a fantastic game, probably one of the best on the DS. With it now on iPad, this is a fantastic opportunity if you didn't get that one to experience a fantastic game with real depth and an utterly unique combat system.
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    The greatest game to ever reach ios, It proves that ios is capable of wonderful titles. It is an incredible port of the ds original game, and the kind of game that appears once in a decade. A must play for those who love a good experience through gaming.
  3. Sep 12, 2012
    I haven't been this hooked to an RPG in... well, ever. I'm the type of guy who WANTS to play RPGs, but they simply don't hold my attention for long. In general I find RPG's too difficult to play casually because they require such a significant time commitment, and simply don't have enough depth to keep me interested. TWEWY is different. It has both dexterity & strategic skill based depth. Not only do you have to find skills that synergize well, but you also have to learn to play proficiently with them. This multifaceted skill requirement really puts this game in a league of it's own. To describe this game another way: It sort of plays like a fighting game, only imagine you were able to select a specific moves that your character could perform, and over time you gained access to different moves. On the pricetag: we have paid $60-$80 for videogames for the past 20 years, and now $20 has become unacceptable? You pay $1 for a game, and more often than not, you are gaining $1 (or less) worth of enjoyment. Many $1 games, such as Tiny Wings, have a lot of depth of skill development, and replayability. However, very few $1 mobile games, if any, have any depth of CONTENT. This game is $20 because it provides 200 hours worth of gameplay, and a massive amount of content and storyline to explore. So really, this game is not over priced, because there's simply more game there. Saying that it should cost $1 is like saying a car should cost $100 because it serves the same function as a bicycle: to provide a person with transportation. The game fires on all cylinders, and is one of the first games I've ever had on a mobile device that I truly want to sit down and dedicate time to, rather than just something to do while I'm taking a dump. Expand
  4. Sep 12, 2012
    This is a great port of an amazing game the came out on the DS years ago. The visuals have been updated for the iPad (although they are not at retina resolution), and so have the controls and music. The story and characters are really good and it plays like a dream. I cannot recommend this game highly enough - it is probably the best game that I have played on the iPad.
  5. Jan 6, 2014
    "The World Ends With You Solo Remix" is a great remake of the very famous DS title. Graphically and musically far more beautiful and intense, the game kept its original charm and add a bit of flavor with its overhaul redesign and additional music tracks. I also enjoyed the change in gameplay for the partner, it is far more easier to understand than on DS. The game stays the same though, the story didn't change and is still pretty dark, the pins didn't really change either and allow to keep the gameplay similar to its DS port for that part. I think the game is classy and very well-crafted on all its aspects. There are still some very complicated features on this game but generally you figure it out after a good 10 hours of gaming... I am really happy by this port in general and would not hesitate to recommend it for RPG fans and people who kind of love this very manga/fashion style universe. Expand

1. Oct 3, 2012
    The World Ends with You: Solo Remix is a more than welcome release on the App Store, taking one of the best recent Jrpg to the iOS platform. Even if the original still plays better, the adaptation to the touch screen could be considered a success. Shame on Square Enix for the absurd price, the separate iPhone and iPad versions and the lacking of support for the new iPad Retina Display.
  2. Sep 3, 2012
    As brash and carefree as some of its protagonists, The World Ends with You: Solo Remix doesn't make a seamless translation to iOS, but it's worth the entry price all the same.
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    It's a pity that the visuals haven't been optimized for the retina display, but nonetheless it is a beauty. Stamped with a hefty price tag you'll get an exceptional roleplaying game that is as fascinating as it was a few years ago on the DS.