6.6

1. May 17, 2011
    I've been playing TriviaTunes for awhile now and am surprised no one has yet written a review. The honor is mine I suppose! A friend recommended this game to me after she caught me playing a similar Name-that-Tune game that featured only songs that were already uploaded on my iPod. THIS game, TriviaTunes, features its own playlists of music! Alright, I thought. Let's see if the developersI've been playing TriviaTunes for awhile now and am surprised no one has yet written a review. The honor is mine I suppose! A friend recommended this game to me after she caught me playing a similar Name-that-Tune game that featured only songs that were already uploaded on my iPod. THIS game, TriviaTunes, features its own playlists of music! Alright, I thought. Let's see if the developers can stump me - I happen to be a bit of a music guru.

TriviaTunes has an attractive user interface with a cool graphic of a DJ that appears during the 2-second loading screen. It is openfeint enabled and keeps record of scores and rankings of other fellow Triviatuners. The game itself is a free download with a free 50-song playlist of top hits throughout the past century chosen by the developers. I was pleased to come across soul songs from my youth complemented with current pop hits. A very nice blend! By far, the most awesome feature of this game is the tap-buzzer technology of the iphone (also works on ipod touch and ipad). At the beginning of the round, a song plays for 20 or so seconds, first player to buzz in by tapping in his/her respective quadrant (the game offers multiplayer up to 4 players), gets to choose between a multiple choice of 4 possible songs. My kids and I have been having a blast! I had an obvious advantage to the older songs while they new-schooled me on the more contemporary hits. This is a great game for the family! Aside from the free 50-song playlist, developers have included several playlists representing every genre you can think of. These are sold for $2 a piece and are 100 songs total. The developers consistently update the playlist database so I don't imagine this game will get old.
  2. May 19, 2011
    Fun game with challenging music selection from free playlist. I like the buzzer function and the wide selection of playlists. The free playlist offers a few challenging selections from previous decades and I actually had to think. One thing that bugged me was for the paid playlists, the wrong answers were all obvious wrong answers. That needs to be modified to offer more of aFun game with challenging music selection from free playlist. I like the buzzer function and the wide selection of playlists. The free playlist offers a few challenging selections from previous decades and I actually had to think. One thing that bugged me was for the paid playlists, the wrong answers were all obvious wrong answers. That needs to be modified to offer more of a challenge. Other than that, really fun game! I like how the developers keep adding new playlists! Expand
  3. May 19, 2011
    My friend told me about this "name-that-tune" game. While not the most novel concept in the world, the game plays beautifully. It comes with a free 50 song playlist of randomly selected songs. During the 20 second playing of a song, you or a friend (up to 4 players total) have to tap their finger down on the display. Whoever taps first gets to choose the right answer out of 4My friend told me about this "name-that-tune" game. While not the most novel concept in the world, the game plays beautifully. It comes with a free 50 song playlist of randomly selected songs. During the 20 second playing of a song, you or a friend (up to 4 players total) have to tap their finger down on the display. Whoever taps first gets to choose the right answer out of 4 possibles. I'm having a great time with this game. Once you get bored of the free list, you can purchase a playlist of 100 songs from several different genres for 2 bucks. The developers need to throw in some sub-genres! Definitely a fun, simple game. Expand
  4. Jun 13, 2011
    The developers behind TriviaTunes have succeeded in creating a music trivia game with such a high volume of songs that you'll seriously become addicted. TriviaTunes comes packed with a free 50-song playlist that features 10 samples of popular songs for the players to accurately guess with 4 possible track names to choose from. I like the multiplayer buzz-action feature. It's veryThe developers behind TriviaTunes have succeeded in creating a music trivia game with such a high volume of songs that you'll seriously become addicted. TriviaTunes comes packed with a free 50-song playlist that features 10 samples of popular songs for the players to accurately guess with 4 possible track names to choose from. I like the multiplayer buzz-action feature. It's very gameshow-esque. Other than the free playlist, the developers have pulled together lists of 100 songs all tied together by a particular music genre. These are sold for $2 bucks a pop.

My only complaint is the relatively bland interface. The colors are plain and appears outdated when compared to newer apps. I hope the developers plan to update the graphics in the near future. Other than that, really fun, casual game!

There are no critic reviews yet.