Wayward Souls iOS

7.1

1. Apr 28, 2014
    In TA's reviews they say that this game is similar to Dark Souls....and it is. But the thin is...if you've already played dark souls and you have that option available, this game probably isn't that fun. I played this for about an hour. It does seem to have a lot of depth. and its not easy. Seems to be a lot of ways to upgrade this, and attack with this and defend with that. There are manyIn TA's reviews they say that this game is similar to Dark Souls....and it is. But the thin is...if you've already played dark souls and you have that option available, this game probably isn't that fun. I played this for about an hour. It does seem to have a lot of depth. and its not easy. Seems to be a lot of ways to upgrade this, and attack with this and defend with that. There are many characters to play with as well. Its probably more fun than I had if I played more too. Its just I put down Dark Souls 2 down just awhile ago, and I haven't beat it yet, so I think I'd rather play that before I beat a game that is similar but not as good. Expand
  2. Apr 25, 2014
    Awesome, what every game on iOS should aspire too, not freemium city building & candy crushing tripe. Rocketcat is a great team and deserves our support.
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    This game gets better with every attempt! Honestly, at first I was kind of confused and considered quitting but all the positive reviews kept me playing until I got what this game is all about. The style and gameplay is perfect for the iPhone. The characters offer lots of depth and upgrade potentials. It's quite a difficult game, but within that lies the challenge and ultimately the fun.This game gets better with every attempt! Honestly, at first I was kind of confused and considered quitting but all the positive reviews kept me playing until I got what this game is all about. The style and gameplay is perfect for the iPhone. The characters offer lots of depth and upgrade potentials. It's quite a difficult game, but within that lies the challenge and ultimately the fun. I'm between a 9 and 10. Considering they are planning multiple updates that will surely improve the game I'm going with a 10! Expand
  4. Apr 30, 2014
    Wayward Souls is ridiculously enjoyable! The style just oozes SNES-era Final Fantasy, the mechanics and sounds are very Link to the Past-like, the energy system is reminiscent of Secret of Mana, and the random generation of levels plays into that Roguelike replayability we're seeing in some recent awesome PC titles like Nuclear Throne. There are secret and special areas, tons of uselessWayward Souls is ridiculously enjoyable! The style just oozes SNES-era Final Fantasy, the mechanics and sounds are very Link to the Past-like, the energy system is reminiscent of Secret of Mana, and the random generation of levels plays into that Roguelike replayability we're seeing in some recent awesome PC titles like Nuclear Throne. There are secret and special areas, tons of useless but entertaining hats to find and wear, interesting and well-designed enemies, and a strangely compelling narrative, given the randomness.

Because it's such a challenge, I'd love to use a controller. I think I'll probably also get it on PC for this reason once it's out. Still, Rocketcat did their best with the (invisible) touchscreen controls, and for a Roguelike on a touchscreen device - heck, for *any* game on a touchscreen device - this is top-notch stuff. It's my go-to on iPhone when I'm out, or waiting, or if someone else is using the PC when I want to play Dark Souls 2.
  5. May 15, 2016
    Mobile Özgü Oynanabilecek En İyi RPG Oyunlardan
    Oyun büyük bir özenle yapılmış. Mekan tasarımları,düşmanlar,oynanış dinamikleri ve hikaye. Açıkçası hepsi kaliteli. Şahsen Dark Souls'a benzeyen bir oyun ararken buldum ve çok memnun kaldım. Oyun gerçekten zor ama 1-2 gün oynayıp silinebilecek cinsten değil. Açıkçası 1 yıldır telefonumda duran tek oyun bu oyun.
  6. Jan 30, 2016
    A perfectly executed rogue-like, and finally, a real challenge! This game reminds me of the old classics, where you can't just walk through the game, even on the harder difficulty. You really have to earn it, and you'll love every second of it. The difficulty is challenging without seeming totally impossible. You get farther and farther and it keeps you wanting more. The story isA perfectly executed rogue-like, and finally, a real challenge! This game reminds me of the old classics, where you can't just walk through the game, even on the harder difficulty. You really have to earn it, and you'll love every second of it. The difficulty is challenging without seeming totally impossible. You get farther and farther and it keeps you wanting more. The story is fantastic, which is rare these days, and I enjoyed how it unfolded through the plot lines of all six main characters. The game-play is intuitive and feels very natural, which is something lacking from a lot of action games out there right now. The graphics are phenomenal. It's as if they managed to modernize retro graphics - beautiful, yet nostalgic. The lighting in the game is my favorite pack; it gives it a very haunting touch. Replay value is outstanding on this title. The rogue-like nature of the games keeps every play-through different and exciting. Some play-throughs are fairly uneventful, and in others you will stumble across a secret door loaded with treasure, special dialogue, or unique monsters to battle. The hats are surprisingly fun to collect, and now the game features temporary pets as well, which leads me to another replay-value point: the developers are STILL actively releasing MEANINGFUL updates. New features, new dungeon layouts, the pets feature, more hats (I believe), and they are planning to release a new character in the spring with a whole new story line. Best of all, the new content will cost you nothing. This game is 100% pay and play - no in-game advertising or purchase whatsoever. None. This is an all-around fantastic game, and one that is well worth the money! Expand

1. Jun 30, 2014
    Wayward Souls blend of action and mystery is a compelling mix that instils a sense of determined curiosity every time I pick it up for another round of dungeon crawling. Players that enjoy RPGs and action games will find the challenge, tactical depth and intrigue-laden plot and characters highly rewarding, however a measure of patience is recommended.
  2. Games Master UK
    Jun 29, 2014
    A charming and challenging mobile roguelike, with plenty of depth to justify the cost of admission. [Aug 2014, p.76]
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 7, 2014
    An extremely enjoyable rogue-like that works really well on iOS (but still, Vita version please). [Issue#249, p.76]