7.6

1. Apr 25, 2014
    Awesome, what every game on iOS should aspire too, not freemium city building & candy crushing tripe. Rocketcat is a great team and deserves our support.
  2. Apr 28, 2014
    In TA's reviews they say that this game is similar to Dark Souls....and it is. But the thin is...if you've already played dark souls and you have that option available, this game probably isn't that fun. I played this for about an hour. It does seem to have a lot of depth. and its not easy. Seems to be a lot of ways to upgrade this, and attack with this and defend with that. There are many characters to play with as well. Its probably more fun than I had if I played more too. Its just I put down Dark Souls 2 down just awhile ago, and I haven't beat it yet, so I think I'd rather play that before I beat a game that is similar but not as good. Expand
  3. Apr 30, 2014
    This game gets better with every attempt! Honestly, at first I was kind of confused and considered quitting but all the positive reviews kept me playing until I got what this game is all about. The style and gameplay is perfect for the iPhone. The characters offer lots of depth and upgrade potentials. It's quite a difficult game, but within that lies the challenge and ultimately the fun. I'm between a 9 and 10. Considering they are planning multiple updates that will surely improve the game I'm going with a 10! Expand
  4. Apr 30, 2014
    Wayward Souls is ridiculously enjoyable! The style just oozes SNES-era Final Fantasy, the mechanics and sounds are very Link to the Past-like, the energy system is reminiscent of Secret of Mana, and the random generation of levels plays into that Roguelike replayability we're seeing in some recent awesome PC titles like Nuclear Throne. There are secret and special areas, tons of useless but entertaining hats to find and wear, interesting and well-designed enemies, and a strangely compelling narrative, given the randomness.

Because it's such a challenge, I'd love to use a controller. I think I'll probably also get it on PC for this reason once it's out. Still, Rocketcat did their best with the (invisible) touchscreen controls, and for a Roguelike on a touchscreen device - heck, for *any* game on a touchscreen device - this is top-notch stuff. It's my go-to on iPhone when I'm out, or waiting, or if someone else is using the PC when I want to play Dark Souls 2.

1. Jun 30, 2014
    Wayward Souls blend of action and mystery is a compelling mix that instils a sense of determined curiosity every time I pick it up for another round of dungeon crawling. Players that enjoy RPGs and action games will find the challenge, tactical depth and intrigue-laden plot and characters highly rewarding, however a measure of patience is recommended.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    A charming and challenging mobile roguelike, with plenty of depth to justify the cost of admission. [Aug 2014, p.76]
  3. Jun 7, 2014
    An extremely enjoyable rogue-like that works really well on iOS (but still, Vita version please). [Issue#249, p.76]