• Publisher: 2D Boy
  • Release Date: Dec 15, 2010
  • Also On: PC
7.5

1. Jan 28, 2013
    This game is one of a kind. It takes thinking games to a whole new level. The only thing I did not like about the game is there were some levels that seemed impossible and I could not figure out how to get past them. I used www.worldofgooguide.com for the levels that made me want to rage quit! Minus the frustration, I love the game and recommend it to any one who likes a simple yetThis game is one of a kind. It takes thinking games to a whole new level. The only thing I did not like about the game is there were some levels that seemed impossible and I could not figure out how to get past them. I used www.worldofgooguide.com for the levels that made me want to rage quit! Minus the frustration, I love the game and recommend it to any one who likes a simple yet complicated game. Collapse
  2. Apr 13, 2012
    I don't understand how this game can get a bad review. It's simply great - the amazing concept of building structures out of somewhat bloby stuff works perfectly on iPad (it's all about tapping & moving, with clear interface and simple but smart gameplay mechanics) and yet the levels are cleverly built so once you beat them you know the developer has had some concrete plan in mind and youI don't understand how this game can get a bad review. It's simply great - the amazing concept of building structures out of somewhat bloby stuff works perfectly on iPad (it's all about tapping & moving, with clear interface and simple but smart gameplay mechanics) and yet the levels are cleverly built so once you beat them you know the developer has had some concrete plan in mind and you feel well rewarded for completing missions. And it's hillarious. Great game. Expand
  3. Oct 5, 2011
    This kind of game is like Tetris, Mario, Sonic, Zelda.. etc. The game will be a legendary game in its genre. Amazing. And casse-tête à souhait! A kind of Rubikub for computer.
  4. Jun 21, 2011
    Awesome atmosphere and overall feeling, but most importantly awesome gameplay, this game absolutely masters the physics based puzzles and applies them in the most creative, imaginative and ways.
  5. Jun 11, 2011
    World of Goo shines on many accounts: excellent graphics which rely on a refined and imaginative artwork quality, an atmospheric soundtrack which confers a unique feeling to every stage of the game and, above all, an original and varied puzzle game style which poses a different challenge every time you face it, while still keeping the playing time compatible with a quick grab-and-playWorld of Goo shines on many accounts: excellent graphics which rely on a refined and imaginative artwork quality, an atmospheric soundtrack which confers a unique feeling to every stage of the game and, above all, an original and varied puzzle game style which poses a different challenge every time you face it, while still keeping the playing time compatible with a quick grab-and-play session.
    The game also does offer a specific online multiplayer option, which will put you in competition with all other players in a specific building task where your resources are available proportionally to your performance in the single player campaign, giving you reasons to come back to it and find out smarter solutions to levels you already completed.
    It's honestly sad to see such uncontroversial features to be denied by someone. That's very misleading, since they are clearly there.
    The only negative element I could point out is that playing the game on an iPhone poses some challenges which can be slightly annoying, since sometimes your fingers will just obscure your sight of details which could be useful to precision tasks. Nothing unbearable, anyway, and somewhat rooted in the characteristics of the device.
  6. May 31, 2011
    This game has very poor graphics and is not worthy of the very high score it has. The very limited game play also affects the low rate I am giving this game along with the lack of an online multi player option.
  7. Jan 28, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2011
    It's a massive game set in a glorious looking world of intrigue and fun. [Aug 2011, p.95]
  2. Jun 30, 2011
    As great as the original, and for a great price.
  3. Apr 21, 2011
    Part puzzle game, part platformer, and always guaranteed to raise a smileā€¦ it's a real gem. Albeit one that's covered in gloop.