7.6

1. Jun 21, 2013
    good game, with capitalism price tag. dont support this! bought it new for pc 8month ago for 12.99€. this is just a port, yeah, thats nice, but not for 17.99€. putting in a new hud and taking the lowest lowres textured is just NOT worth 17.99€. its ut engine, so its freakin easy to port. and its a VERY poor executed port...
  2. Oct 16, 2013
    Fantastic game, but completely unplayable. Paid $20 for it on my iPad and it crashes constantly. Erases all your data to your last save point, and makes you watch a 90 second intro that you cannot skip. When it crashes at least once every 10 minutes, making you lose all saved data, and watch the same long intro for the 100th time that day, the game is frustratingly and unbearably unplayable.
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    DOES NOT WORK FOR IPAD 2! Beware!

First off let me say that I have not played the game. I really want to! But the game is so tremendously glitchy on the ipad 2 that it is virtually unplayable. I remember seeing an interview with the lead developer about the game. " This game has stirred up quite some controversy with its $20 price tag on an App Store game, " the interviewer said.
    DOES NOT WORK FOR IPAD 2! Beware!

I remember seeing an interview with the lead developer about the game.

"XCOM is a full game and should be charged the full price, " the developer said with a hint of arrogance. I say arrogance because by saying this, he was putting down the many other games on the app store that were not 'full games'. I guess Clash of Clans is not a 'full game' then?

What does the xcom team deliver to the mobile platform? A buggy, unplayable mess of spaghetti code.

How can the developer make a statement like that and then release product that doesn't work on some devices.

3/10 until they can fix this.

1. Oct 7, 2013
    At times brilliant and at other times at least good fun. The iPad version is a missed opportunity because the touch controls are somewhat cumbersome. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 17, 2013
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a great game for the iPad. Despite some restrictions, Enemy Unknown is a great addition for the iPad. It has the same level of tactical movements as its brothers for the consoles.
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    Even after less than a year the excellent XCOM: Enemy Unknown game still has its charms. An accessible, while at the same time a tough turn-based action/strategy game works great on mobile platforms. You just have to get over the loss of its multiplayer game. The touch controls suit the game's style, they are not a nuisance. However, fairly big technical problems, which I wouldn't expect from this kind of applications, hit the game down.