007: The World is Not Enough Nintendo 64

7.7

1. Starfire
    Oct 23, 2007
    Once it came out, this replaced playing Golden Eye for me, with it's varied guns and exciting multiplayer- with or without bots. The graphics are also nicely detailed- though it has to be said that FPS have come a long way since this one and that Goldeneye was overall a better game. Still very enjoyable, though.
  2. [Anomynous]
    Sep 20, 2001
    Doesn't beat "Goldeye" but it beats "Perfect Dark," and it has great graphics, gameplay, gadgets, and cool weapons, but not enough though.
  3. MichaelD.
    Jan 11, 2002
    A very good bond game which could have been improved by having more weapons, levels and a bit more excitement.
  4. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Everybody loves goldeney, they dont like this. In my opinion this games is exactly the same as Goldeney except for better graphics, gameplay, plot, and the shooting is much more realistic!
  5. ChadK.
    Dec 5, 2001
    Bob F. doesn't know what he's talkin about. The game was great, but not as great as "GoldenEye." What makes "GoldenEye" better is that it was the original, the first of it's kind.
    Aug 22, 2001
    This is still a good game. The only thing that is wrong it is that they have fewer guns.
  7. Aug 14, 2012
    I felt that this game was great for the N64, and had several significant improvements over Goldeneye 007--though for numerous reasons I never enjoyed it quite as much overall. The single player has a MUCH more pronounced story, complete with voiced cutscenes, and follows the movie a bit more closely than the previous game. It introduces alternate fire modes for weapons (like Perfect Dark),I felt that this game was great for the N64, and had several significant improvements over Goldeneye 007--though for numerous reasons I never enjoyed it quite as much overall. The single player has a MUCH more pronounced story, complete with voiced cutscenes, and follows the movie a bit more closely than the previous game. It introduces alternate fire modes for weapons (like Perfect Dark), as well as several gadgets, and while many of the weapons are not as iconic as Goldeneye's, there is a much better diversity and balance. Where this game really shines is multiplayer, which offers more game modes, weapon sets, and character models than its predecessor, as well as the option for AI bots (which are great for practice or rounding out a 3-player session. Collapse

#9 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#10 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    If "GoldenEye" was the Sean Connery of Bond games, and "Tomorrow Never Dies" was George Lazenby, then The World Is Not Enough is a likable Roger Moore--showing its age, in it for the money, and prone to bouts of slowdown, but still sporting that old Bond magic.
  2. Da Gameboyz
    (Da Gameplay is) genius' I tell you. 007 is pure magic.
  3. Game Fan
    TWINE revels in fact that it poaches the concepts pioneered in GoldenEye, and N64 gamers should too, because we haven't had it this good since 1997.