7.5

1. Aug 14, 2012
    I felt that this game was great for the N64, and had several significant improvements over Goldeneye 007--though for numerous reasons I never enjoyed it quite as much overall. The single player has a MUCH more pronounced story, complete with voiced cutscenes, and follows the movie a bit more closely than the previous game. It introduces alternate fire modes for weapons (like Perfect Dark),I felt that this game was great for the N64, and had several significant improvements over Goldeneye 007--though for numerous reasons I never enjoyed it quite as much overall. The single player has a MUCH more pronounced story, complete with voiced cutscenes, and follows the movie a bit more closely than the previous game. It introduces alternate fire modes for weapons (like Perfect Dark), as well as several gadgets, and while many of the weapons are not as iconic as Goldeneye's, there is a much better diversity and balance. Where this game really shines is multiplayer, which offers more game modes, weapon sets, and character models than its predecessor, as well as the option for AI bots (which are great for practice or rounding out a 3-player session. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2014
    With Rare moving on to develop Perfect Dark, EA decided to essentially "clone" the engine and gameplay of Goldeneye 64. The result is a very playable and enjoyable game that captures the Brosnan-era Bond vibe fairly well. However, it never achieves the heights that Goldeneye does. Worth a playthrough for James Bond fans and N64 shooter aficionados but most modern gamers will have littleWith Rare moving on to develop Perfect Dark, EA decided to essentially "clone" the engine and gameplay of Goldeneye 64. The result is a very playable and enjoyable game that captures the Brosnan-era Bond vibe fairly well. However, it never achieves the heights that Goldeneye does. Worth a playthrough for James Bond fans and N64 shooter aficionados but most modern gamers will have little reason to revisit this title. Interesting side-note, EA was working on a higher resolution version of this game for PC and PS2 when the project was abruptly cancelled. Expand
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    007 suffers from GoldenEye envy and Rare definitely has EA beat on this one. However, 007: The World is Not Enough is still a decent first-person shooter, with a wide variety of weapons and entertaining game-play. The more magic experience would go to GoldenEye, but if you were remotely a fan of that game, The World is Not Enough still has a lot to offer you.
  4. Uter
    May 31, 2003
    It's quite a good fps. But for some unknown reason you can't look up or down. I have no clue why they would take that out - it just makes aiming tough. I would say though, if you liked goldeneye, you probably enjoy this one too.
  5. [Anomynous]
    Sep 20, 2001
    Doesn't beat "Goldeye" but it beats "Perfect Dark," and it has great graphics, gameplay, gadgets, and cool weapons, but not enough though.
  6. MichaelD.
    Jan 11, 2002
    A very good bond game which could have been improved by having more weapons, levels and a bit more excitement.
  7. JoseV.
    Aug 11, 2002
    This was decent, but not great. Never in this lifetime would I say it was better than goldeneye or perfect dark. Some levels are kinda cheesy and it was easy to get through many levels. Don't pay too much if you buy it.
  8. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Everybody loves goldeney, they dont like this. In my opinion this games is exactly the same as Goldeney except for better graphics, gameplay, plot, and the shooting is much more realistic!
  9. dotDragon
    Jun 1, 2005
    There's no reason to buy this game unless you've played through Goldeneye and Perfect Dark so much that you've got everything memorized. The controls are clumsier, autoaim is stupider, you often find yourself running out of ammo, and the in-game cues as to what you should be doing are often obscure at best. Oh, and saving is entirely memory pack-based--no saving to the game There's no reason to buy this game unless you've played through Goldeneye and Perfect Dark so much that you've got everything memorized. The controls are clumsier, autoaim is stupider, you often find yourself running out of ammo, and the in-game cues as to what you should be doing are often obscure at best. Oh, and saving is entirely memory pack-based--no saving to the game cartridge. Rare might have set the bar high, but that's no reason to buy this Bond game. Expand
  10. Starfire
    Oct 23, 2007
    Once it came out, this replaced playing Golden Eye for me, with it's varied guns and exciting multiplayer- with or without bots. The graphics are also nicely detailed- though it has to be said that FPS have come a long way since this one and that Goldeneye was overall a better game. Still very enjoyable, though.
  11. ChrisJ.
    Jul 7, 2001
    Meltdown. Shouldn't be as hard... should have more guns.
  12. BobF.
    Nov 7, 2001
    This game sucks! The gameplay and multiplayer are horrible. "GoldenEye" and "Perfect Dark" are so much better than this piece of trash.
  13. ChadK.
    Dec 5, 2001
    Bob F. doesn't know what he's talkin about. The game was great, but not as great as "GoldenEye." What makes "GoldenEye" better is that it was the original, the first of it's kind.
    Aug 22, 2001
    This is still a good game. The only thing that is wrong it is that they have fewer guns.
    Jan 23, 2002
    The game is OK! I did not even have the game a month and I beat every level. The Meltdown level was kind of stupid b/c at first I could not figure out where to go! I tried to look on the internet for tips and there was nothing.

1. If "GoldenEye" was the Sean Connery of Bond games, and "Tomorrow Never Dies" was George Lazenby, then The World Is Not Enough is a likable Roger Moore--showing its age, in it for the money, and prone to bouts of slowdown, but still sporting that old Bond magic.
  2. (Da Gameplay is) genius' I tell you. 007 is pure magic.
  3. TWINE revels in fact that it poaches the concepts pioneered in GoldenEye, and N64 gamers should too, because we haven't had it this good since 1997.