Banjo-Tooie Nintendo 64

8.9

1. IvanV.
    Nov 18, 2006
    Wow! loved this game although I'd probly find it a bit dated now. When I grow old and think bout the times I used to play video games this game will probably spring to mind first. Awesome game too bad rare had to fall off after joining Microsoft.
  2. MichaelJ.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Even better than the first! (That one also gets a 10 from me, though. :P) One thing that I really love about this game is how HUGE the world seems, and all of the levels feel connected, more so than the first one. An absolutely amazing game, a definite must-buy for everyone.
  3. JoshF.
    Jan 12, 2008
    Just as fun and addicting as Banjo Kazooie - one of the best games I ever played on the N64!
  4. PeterT.
    Aug 13, 2001
    It takes 60 seconds to get in the games, but it takes much, much longer to stop playing the game. It is a game you cannot stop playing!
  5. RyanM.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I think this game is pretty good. I like the new enhancements they made from banjo kazooie, like your able to play as mumbo, and you have many types of eggs, and the multiplayer mode. but lets be honest. Does it even compare to the original banjo kazooie? Gameplay wise, its not even close.
  6. MattR.
    Jun 15, 2003
    I really liked the graphics and story and gameplay. The levels were great but sometimes it just got boring.
  7. JohnH.
    Jan 7, 2003
    It's really on par with Mario 64, just like the original Banjo was. The only thing holding this one back is the hint of slowdown that happens every so often. They tried to push the boundries a little too far, so that it's bordering on maxing out the N64s power (even with the expansion memory pack). That said however, Tooie is a brilliant game. I may have to purchase an Xbox if It's really on par with Mario 64, just like the original Banjo was. The only thing holding this one back is the hint of slowdown that happens every so often. They tried to push the boundries a little too far, so that it's bordering on maxing out the N64s power (even with the expansion memory pack). That said however, Tooie is a brilliant game. I may have to purchase an Xbox if Banjo Threeie ever comes out. Expand
  8. Uter
    Feb 7, 2003
    Bigger and in some areas even better than the original. the only thing to detract from the fun is some occasional slowdown in the larger, more busy levels. make sure you've got the n64 expansion pack. even with it though, the slowdown is still noticeable. the greatness of other aspects make this still a 10/10 in my book.
  9. BobA.
    Mar 12, 2003
    What's not too like about this game? Enhanced graphics, multiplayer mode, new charachters, all new worlds and levels, and the levels are HUGE!!!
  10. JosephK.
    Oct 3, 2001
    It's fantastic! The moves are incredible! Prepare to kick some badguy butt!
  11. DavidG.
    Apr 1, 2002
    Hmm... I think its hard to complete the game...
  12. Cbbasde
    Nov 23, 2003
    Whoever doesn't like this game should get a mental test.
  13. Susan
    Feb 3, 2004
    It's an excellent game that I literally could not stop playing. My grandmother was visiting us from a different state and I couldn't tear myself away from this addictive game LoL I recommend it to everyone, it's an incredibly fun game and doesn't get boring.
  14. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Though probably as good as its predessor, I only had it for a far too short time. Maybe when I'm older, eh?
  15. Jared
    Feb 12, 2005
    Much much better than the first.
  16. EricS.
    Jul 30, 2005
    Hands-down the best N64 game ever made do to its quirky atmosphere and lasting value. It may even be one of the best games ever, IMO. Banjo Tooie is still fun to play years later. It is much better than the original (which for some reason got higher reviews), which is also a great game, but too similar to Mario 64.
  17. QuackerJack
    Apr 5, 2006
    This game is just the most awesome and ingenious game I've ever played. Its graphics are really good and it is just fun to play.
  18. Feb 13, 2014
    Banjo Tooie is the peak of platforming games. Bear with me now; I'm not knocking the original, but Tooie's the kinda game I can still puff on and pop into the N64 when I feel like blowing up mayan statues with grenade eggs or transmogrifying into a snowball ( which is more fun than it probably sounds. Or you can also turn into a submarine if that floats your boat, Ringo!) Anyway, theBanjo Tooie is the peak of platforming games. Bear with me now; I'm not knocking the original, but Tooie's the kinda game I can still puff on and pop into the N64 when I feel like blowing up mayan statues with grenade eggs or transmogrifying into a snowball ( which is more fun than it probably sounds. Or you can also turn into a submarine if that floats your boat, Ringo!) Anyway, the game's got jokes (they're better than mine), and a winking self-awareness of the best kind. This game is worthy of a 10 and a playthrough because it's just really fun, embracing it's gaminess and giving folks of all ages something to enjoy. Expand
  19. DanielR.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Banjo-Tooie was a fairly good adventures game with lots of funny scenes. Although many seem to believe that the first game in the series was better, i would have to argue that this one is.... one major flaw that i saw while playing this game is that although it is fun it can get boring very very quickly, 100 puzzle pieces was just way to much (to finish 100%) all in all I think this was a Banjo-Tooie was a fairly good adventures game with lots of funny scenes. Although many seem to believe that the first game in the series was better, i would have to argue that this one is.... one major flaw that i saw while playing this game is that although it is fun it can get boring very very quickly, 100 puzzle pieces was just way to much (to finish 100%) all in all I think this was a very good game and I am sad to see this series fall to Microsoft....this game deserves at least a high 8. Expand
  20. May 22, 2012
    Second part of one of the best N64 games ever. In this second game, Banjo & Kazooie are back with more skills, more levels, new enemies and a lot more tasks to complete. Banjo Tooie is longer than the first game and maybe more complex (not harder). I give it 9 because isn't that original as the first game but still is a very good fun.
  21. Sep 1, 2012
    A great game for all ages. It was a little lengthy in exploration, but overall each level was very enjoyable. Not one dull moment was found within. The music was well-written, and the characters are fun and engaging. It's definitely a must-have for N64.
  22. May 10, 2013
    One of the best games I've played games in my life. The game is wonderful, the levels, songs, challenges. The sequel has improved many things Banjo-Kazooie, causing the game to be perfect.
  23. Jul 19, 2013
    The sequel of my favorite game and equally marvelous. Yes, the only worthy follower of Banjo Kazooie. 10/10, must-have for every N64-Owner or only Jump'n'Run-Fan. No, must-have for every person, that exists.
  24. Nov 22, 2013
    There's only one word to describe Banjo-Tooie: Amazing! This game is so much fun. It's better than Banjo-Kazooie. The worlds were large, there were more moves, numerous things to collect, and much, much more! If you've played Banjo-Kazooie, but not Tooie, I absolutely recommend it. If you loved Banjo-Kazooie, you're gonna Banjo-Tooie even more. A fantastic Nintendo 64 game!
  25. Feb 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After finishing banjo-kazooie a lot of times i wanted to have the same experience again and oh boy here is banjo-tooie bringing the joy, the adventure, the music and the fun of the first game but on steroids, This game is huge and not just in worlds but in moves, things to collect, bosses, and my favorite thing in the game. All the levels are connected you can go from the first level to the 5th Or Throw and ice cube of the sky level to the lava level etc. Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  27. Aug 2, 2015
    A must play for any fan of platformers

This game is incredibly fun. I played it years after playing the excellent original and was amazed by how well it passed the test of time. Given the quality offered I am just shocked it got so little attention: I think it was contextual (end of n64) rather than related to the quality of the game itself. The game is huge, the maps are excellent,
    A must play for any fan of platformers

The game is huge, the maps are excellent, the music is awesome (thanks Grant Kirkhope!), the gameplay is flawless, everything is fun and creative. If there are any criticisms to make, these are instantly overshadowed by the general awesomeness of the experience.

What more can be said? One of my favourite games ever. Thank you Rare :)
  28. Jan 19, 2016
    Banjo tooie is the best n64 game out there atleast for me. The worlds are so big and you can just explore it's so fun it has boss fight and even more!
  29. May 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A banjo and a kazoo never sounded better
    Banjo-Kazooie was made in 1998 by a game company name Rare. Nintendo, being the Disney of video games, owned Rare. Banjo-Kazooie follows the story of a bear named Banjo and a bird named Kazooie, it was a revolutionary game, so it makes sense that they would soon make a sequel, Banjo-tooie and then even later, a threequel, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
    Banjo-tooie,is like Luigi from the Mario Bros. series. Luigi will forever and always be overhadowed by his older brother Mario. Again, comparatively, Banjo-Kazooie, the game, is Mario. And then you have the weird uncle, Waluigi, or in this case, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts, which was the third game in the series, but nobody likes to talk about them. Banjo-Kazooie (or as we are going to start calling it B-K) was a really good game. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and bolts was an absolutely awful game. And everybody seems to forget the game in between. Banjo-tooie (or B-t for short), and I will be reviewing B-t.
    Banjo-tooie takes place directly after the events of B-K. In the end of B-K Banjo and Kazooie push grunty off of a tower and she get’s crushed by a rock. We don’t see this of course, the game was rated E. We know this happens though because at the beginning of B-t we meet grunty's sisters. Their names are Mingy and Blobby, you kinda have to wonder what there mother was thinking when she named her daughters. But anyway, Blobby and Mingy use a special gun called the Big-O-Blaster, Or the B.O.B for short. When Grunty rises she remembers she was killed by the bear and bird duo, in her fiery rage she approaches Banjo’s house. Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo, and Bottles are playing a hilarious game of poker, which I think is a great way of showing the character's personality, Kazooie is a funny, sarcastic character, while Banjo is always the one keeping Kazooie in line, Mumbo is a little bit one dimensional but you can tell he is a good friend, and Bottles is a wimpy friend that is super smart but he is also super oblivious. I like that they could show all of these characters characteristics in such a short movie clip. Back to the story long story short Grunty uses her magic to blow up banjo’s house. Banjo, Kazooie, and Mumbo all get out quick enough to survive and, short story shorter, poor Bottles is burnt to a crisp. Then starts Banjo, and Kazooie's, and maybe even Mumbo’s, grand adventure to take grunty down. Again.
    Although the story seems like it was kinda slapped together like a bad sandwich, it really works for the game. You have to be glad that this is not a cliche story where the not so main character get’s captured and you, the hero, go on some perplexing adventure just to save the girl. B-t reminds me of the game “The legend of Zelda: Majora's mask.” In Majora’s mask, Link is not saving the princess. He is taking down the bad guy because Link just has to. B-t takes the same approach by making Banjo and Kazooie go on an adventure to thwart evil, because they realize they just have to.
    The gameplay is a very big improvement from B-K. During B-t you will find little golden musical notes. I don’t want to go into too much detail as far as musical notes go, but essentially you collect them, show them to a mole, an army mole…….. I guess. And he teaches you new skill. Some of them are mandatory to learn like learning how to shoot different types of eggs. While some of the other ones you learn, like the breegull bash (a move that allows you to take kazooie out of your backpack and hit her against the ground) and is only there for the players amusement, and trust me, it is amusing. But my favorite gameplay upgrade is the ability to aim where you shoot your eggs. Kazooie has always had an ability to shoot eggs from her mouth or behind. But now she is able to look around and and aim her eggs more adequately. With the new aiming system many different possibilities are opened up for the game.
    Besides the musical notes and aiming eggs there is two more new gameplay mechanics to the game. Wumba is a character that does what Mumbo did in the first game. She has the ability to transform you into a different forms for that specific level. She is a fun character, and the individual transformations are creative comical, to say the least. Mumbo a shaman that was in B-K is now a playable character. And I’m gonna be honest here, he pretty much stinks. His biggest purpose is to help power up things so that they can be accessible, for Banjo and Kazooie. For example in a level called Witchy-World you use mumbo to power up a bumper cars arena. When you are just running around as him though, he doesn’t have much to offer. He has a stick that he uses to paralyse the enemy for a short amount of time before he defeats them. And that is is, a short stick, really short, you have to be really close to an enemy for the attack to land any damage. At least he looks cool.
    The world is much bigger in this game
  30. May 24, 2016
    Banjo-Tooie (Yes, Tooie; it's a combination of kazooie and too) manages to live up its predecessor and not screw things all over the place. Get this one if you wish and still have a Nintendo 64 with you.
  31. Jun 9, 2016
    Graphics are great and improved. The best Nintendo 64 game of 2000. I love every second of it. Not as good as the first but is the same level of nostalgic. I think that a lot of people love this game with great heart. No doubt this is the best sequel to a game ever created.

#4 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#4 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    The gameplay is what's key. Banjo-Tooie offers one of the best platforming experiences on the Nintendo 64.
  2. Da Gameboyz
    The graphics are unbelievable, the sound is fantastic and the game has so much replay value it just might be sitting in your N64 for months to come.
  3. If you're not into platform games, it probably won't change your religion, but I can at least guarantee you that it's got a much lower crap-fest-purchase-risk-factor than any of the shiny new PS2 games you could drop 50 bucks on.