Banjo-Tooie Nintendo 64

9.0

1. May 24, 2016
    Banjo-Tooie (Yes, Tooie; it's a combination of kazooie and too) manages to live up its predecessor and not screw things all over the place. Get this one if you wish and still have a Nintendo 64 with you.
  2. Jun 9, 2016
    Graphics are great and improved. The best Nintendo 64 game of 2000. I love every second of it. Not as good as the first but is the same level of nostalgic. I think that a lot of people love this game with great heart. No doubt this is the best sequel to a game ever created.
  3. Sep 30, 2017
    Game: Banjo Tooie
    Genre: Adventure Platformer
    Publisher/Developer: Nintendo/Rare System: Nintendo 64 (N64) Total Score: 97/100 Value Score: 9.7/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Bigger Worlds and more moves than the first game +A lot of
    Game: Banjo Tooie
    Genre: Adventure Platformer
    Publisher/Developer: Nintendo/Rare
    System: Nintendo 64 (N64)
    Total Score: 97/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Bigger Worlds and more moves than the first game
    +A lot of mini games
    +Great world designs
    +Longer and a lot of post game content such as cutscene gallery and boss mode/mini game mode
    +Great OST with great remixes
    +More boss battles than the first game

Cons
    -A lot of backtracking, you cannot get to some jiggies and items unless you come back later in the game after learning some moves
  4. Oct 16, 2017
    Banjo Tooie is a perfect sequel with yet again a great story! The gameplay is mixed up with more than just the Banjo and Kazooie gameplay. The controls are yet again great. It has more than Banjo Kazooie, but I still love this game, but I choose the original still.
  5. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  6. Mar 27, 2017
    I grew up with Banjo-Kazooie. For some reason, I had a problem with Tooie because I thought it would be too different. I called BK my favorite game from 1999 to 2014. Then I finally decided to play Tooie, and I 100%-ed it.

It was incredible. Everything BK can do, Tooie can do better. Then only issue is the framerate, as (like other Rare games) Tooie pushed the 64 to its limits. But

It was incredible.

Everything BK can do, Tooie can do better. Then only issue is the framerate, as (like other Rare games) Tooie pushed the 64 to its limits. But don't let that worry you, it will never make the game seize up or anything.

Play this game!
  7. May 22, 2012
    Second part of one of the best N64 games ever. In this second game, Banjo & Kazooie are back with more skills, more levels, new enemies and a lot more tasks to complete. Banjo Tooie is longer than the first game and maybe more complex (not harder). I give it 9 because isn't that original as the first game but still is a very good fun.
  8. Jan 19, 2016
    Banjo tooie is the best n64 game out there atleast for me. The worlds are so big and you can just explore it's so fun it has boss fight and even more!
  9. Apr 22, 2017
    An amazing sequel! The story doesn't bring much but when you get to the gameplay...oh its amazing! They took Banjo Kazooie and raised it up. Clearly a perfect game!
  10. May 10, 2013
    One of the best games I've played games in my life. The game is wonderful, the levels, songs, challenges. The sequel has improved many things Banjo-Kazooie, causing the game to be perfect.
  11. Oct 19, 2016
    Banjo-Tooie, a sequel to one of my favorite N64 games. I never beat it a child though, so I thought now would be a good time to do so, I was NOT disappointed to say the least.

!!!SPOILERS BELOW!!! Nothing was terrible, I have no complaints, the controls where solid, the story had that 1990's vibe, and god yes that music. There are more collectibles in this than the original which

!!!SPOILERS BELOW!!!
    Nothing was terrible, I have no complaints, the controls where solid, the story had that 1990's vibe, and god yes that music. There are more collectibles in this than the original which didn't impact the game as I strive for a lot of collectibles, and then anything more I could talk about already was, so thats all I guess.
    10/10 - CoronzinReviews
  12. Jul 19, 2013
    The sequel of my favorite game and equally marvelous. Yes, the only worthy follower of Banjo Kazooie. 10/10, must-have for every N64-Owner or only Jump'n'Run-Fan. No, must-have for every person, that exists.
  13. Aug 2, 2015
    A must play for any fan of platformers

This game is incredibly fun. I played it years after playing the excellent original and was amazed by how well it passed the test of time. Given the quality offered I am just shocked it got so little attention: I think it was contextual (end of n64) rather than related to the quality of the game itself. The game is huge, the maps are excellent,
    A must play for any fan of platformers

The game is huge, the maps are excellent, the music is awesome (thanks Grant Kirkhope!), the gameplay is flawless, everything is fun and creative. If there are any criticisms to make, these are instantly overshadowed by the general awesomeness of the experience.

What more can be said? One of my favourite games ever. Thank you Rare :)
  14. Feb 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After finishing banjo-kazooie a lot of times i wanted to have the same experience again and oh boy here is banjo-tooie bringing the joy, the adventure, the music and the fun of the first game but on steroids, This game is huge and not just in worlds but in moves, things to collect, bosses, and my favorite thing in the game. All the levels are connected you can go from the first level to the 5th Or Throw and ice cube of the sky level to the lava level etc. Expand
  15. Sep 1, 2012
    A great game for all ages. It was a little lengthy in exploration, but overall each level was very enjoyable. Not one dull moment was found within. The music was well-written, and the characters are fun and engaging. It's definitely a must-have for N64.
  16. Feb 13, 2014
    Banjo Tooie is the peak of platforming games. Bear with me now; I'm not knocking the original, but Tooie's the kinda game I can still puff on and pop into the N64 when I feel like blowing up mayan statues with grenade eggs or transmogrifying into a snowball ( which is more fun than it probably sounds. Or you can also turn into a submarine if that floats your boat, Ringo!) Anyway, theBanjo Tooie is the peak of platforming games. Bear with me now; I'm not knocking the original, but Tooie's the kinda game I can still puff on and pop into the N64 when I feel like blowing up mayan statues with grenade eggs or transmogrifying into a snowball ( which is more fun than it probably sounds. Or you can also turn into a submarine if that floats your boat, Ringo!) Anyway, the game's got jokes (they're better than mine), and a winking self-awareness of the best kind. This game is worthy of a 10 and a playthrough because it's just really fun, embracing it's gaminess and giving folks of all ages something to enjoy. Expand
  17. Nov 22, 2013
    There's only one word to describe Banjo-Tooie: Amazing! This game is so much fun. It's better than Banjo-Kazooie. The worlds were large, there were more moves, numerous things to collect, and much, much more! If you've played Banjo-Kazooie, but not Tooie, I absolutely recommend it. If you loved Banjo-Kazooie, you're gonna Banjo-Tooie even more. A fantastic Nintendo 64 game!
  18. DanielR.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Banjo-Tooie was a fairly good adventures game with lots of funny scenes. Although many seem to believe that the first game in the series was better, i would have to argue that this one is.... one major flaw that i saw while playing this game is that although it is fun it can get boring very very quickly, 100 puzzle pieces was just way to much (to finish 100%) all in all I think this was a Banjo-Tooie was a fairly good adventures game with lots of funny scenes. Although many seem to believe that the first game in the series was better, i would have to argue that this one is.... one major flaw that i saw while playing this game is that although it is fun it can get boring very very quickly, 100 puzzle pieces was just way to much (to finish 100%) all in all I think this was a very good game and I am sad to see this series fall to Microsoft....this game deserves at least a high 8. Expand
  19. PeterT.
    Aug 13, 2001
    It takes 60 seconds to get in the games, but it takes much, much longer to stop playing the game. It is a game you cannot stop playing!
  20. DavidG.
    Apr 1, 2002
    Hmm... I think its hard to complete the game...
  21. JohnH.
    Jan 7, 2003
    It's really on par with Mario 64, just like the original Banjo was. The only thing holding this one back is the hint of slowdown that happens every so often. They tried to push the boundries a little too far, so that it's bordering on maxing out the N64s power (even with the expansion memory pack). That said however, Tooie is a brilliant game. I may have to purchase an Xbox if It's really on par with Mario 64, just like the original Banjo was. The only thing holding this one back is the hint of slowdown that happens every so often. They tried to push the boundries a little too far, so that it's bordering on maxing out the N64s power (even with the expansion memory pack). That said however, Tooie is a brilliant game. I may have to purchase an Xbox if Banjo Threeie ever comes out. Expand
  22. Uter
    Feb 7, 2003
    Bigger and in some areas even better than the original. the only thing to detract from the fun is some occasional slowdown in the larger, more busy levels. make sure you've got the n64 expansion pack. even with it though, the slowdown is still noticeable. the greatness of other aspects make this still a 10/10 in my book.
  23. RyanM.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I think this game is pretty good. I like the new enhancements they made from banjo kazooie, like your able to play as mumbo, and you have many types of eggs, and the multiplayer mode. but lets be honest. Does it even compare to the original banjo kazooie? Gameplay wise, its not even close.
  24. BobA.
    Mar 12, 2003
    What's not too like about this game? Enhanced graphics, multiplayer mode, new charachters, all new worlds and levels, and the levels are HUGE!!!
  25. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Though probably as good as its predessor, I only had it for a far too short time. Maybe when I'm older, eh?
  26. QuackerJack
    Apr 5, 2006
    This game is just the most awesome and ingenious game I've ever played. Its graphics are really good and it is just fun to play.
  27. MichaelJ.
    Aug 28, 2007
    Even better than the first! (That one also gets a 10 from me, though. :P) One thing that I really love about this game is how HUGE the world seems, and all of the levels feel connected, more so than the first one. An absolutely amazing game, a definite must-buy for everyone.
  28. JosephK.
    Oct 3, 2001
    It's fantastic! The moves are incredible! Prepare to kick some badguy butt!
  29. Susan
    Feb 3, 2004
    It's an excellent game that I literally could not stop playing. My grandmother was visiting us from a different state and I couldn't tear myself away from this addictive game LoL I recommend it to everyone, it's an incredibly fun game and doesn't get boring.
  30. Jared
    Feb 12, 2005
    Much much better than the first.

#4 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#3 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    The gameplay is what's key. Banjo-Tooie offers one of the best platforming experiences on the Nintendo 64.
  2. Da Gameboyz
    The graphics are unbelievable, the sound is fantastic and the game has so much replay value it just might be sitting in your N64 for months to come.
  3. If you're not into platform games, it probably won't change your religion, but I can at least guarantee you that it's got a much lower crap-fest-purchase-risk-factor than any of the shiny new PS2 games you could drop 50 bucks on.