Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo 64
8.5

1. Jun 18, 2011
    Still worth playing today! I loved the Donkey Kong Country series but this took it and advanced it to a whole new level. I still enjoy playing Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong 64 today. This is a great franchise that I hope can continue to put good games together.
  2. Nov 23, 2011
    This game is the best game of all! I have an old Nintendo 64, my parents gave it to me as a Christmas gift when I was just 3 years old, and this game is the first video game I played in my life. Of course I could not beat this game when I was 3 years old, but recently I decided to try to beat this game and I finally did it. The Music in this game is the best game music ever. An interestingThis game is the best game of all! I have an old Nintendo 64, my parents gave it to me as a Christmas gift when I was just 3 years old, and this game is the first video game I played in my life. Of course I could not beat this game when I was 3 years old, but recently I decided to try to beat this game and I finally did it. The Music in this game is the best game music ever. An interesting plot, some levels are quite hard, but all you need to beat this game is perseverance. Best game ever! Collapse
  3. BillS.
    Oct 20, 2005
    This is da best game ever.You suck rustys for given it a 3.if you had a mind you would realize it is 1 of da best n64 games.
  4. SilentNinja
    Sep 3, 2005
    This game is so cool it reminds me of my old friends. he he . . .i still have the rap memorized!
  5. AlyssaW.
    Jul 24, 2006
    This is a wicked awesome game! Rusty you are SOO stupid if you hate this game. I think this game has alot to it and can be challengeing and fun! Me and my brother play it all the time and my brother had this game since he has been 6 and now he's 18 and still hasn't beaten it!
  6. JonathanG.
    May 21, 2006
    Freakn awesome game. Rusty just does not have his head screwed on right. DK all the way.
  7. RobertA.
    Feb 21, 2004
    I completely demolished this game when it came out....about 2 months after i got it i had it beatin 100%.
  8. Sep 23, 2011
    I do agree trying to collect everything and be a completionist is VERY OVERWHELMING. I never knew where to start. BUT it is self awarding. The game is very nostalgic (at least for me) I remember watching my nephew play it when I was little and having a blast. A couple flaws, the camera is frustrating, and hard to get used to, plus, I felt the combat wasn't as good as it could be, thingsI do agree trying to collect everything and be a completionist is VERY OVERWHELMING. I never knew where to start. BUT it is self awarding. The game is very nostalgic (at least for me) I remember watching my nephew play it when I was little and having a blast. A couple flaws, the camera is frustrating, and hard to get used to, plus, I felt the combat wasn't as good as it could be, things re-spawned 5 seconds after you kill them, so there's no point to killing enemies, really. Expand
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    So many items to collect in the game. You play as 5 different DK crew characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong, and Chunky Kong. There are a lot of fun places in the game and the missions add even more fun to the game, especially the bosses.
  10. Mar 31, 2012
    This is the best game ever
    I love Collecting everything and the music is awesome
  11. CesarG.
    May 8, 2005
    My daughter loves this game.
  12. J.M.
    Jun 20, 2005
    I thought this was a cool game, I may not play it anymore but I remembered how cool it was, the sound, the graphics for it's time. The only problem is that there could have been more challenge because there could have been more moves and more minigames and stuff.
  13. Whatsyourtipple?....apintthereof
    Apr 12, 2004
    Oh come on! this game is a god damn classic!
  14. BrandenL
    Jul 10, 2008
    Hmm. well for one thing, DK64 came out in 1999, and it hasn't even been 10 years since release, so if your brother was 6 when it came out, wouldn't he be about 16-17 by then? And by the way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that goes for all of you below me, so he can give the game the score whatever he wants. i give the game a 8. it was fun, it wasn't perfect, Hmm. well for one thing, DK64 came out in 1999, and it hasn't even been 10 years since release, so if your brother was 6 when it came out, wouldn't he be about 16-17 by then? And by the way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that goes for all of you below me, so he can give the game the score whatever he wants. i give the game a 8. it was fun, it wasn't perfect, it was fun while it lasted, but i consider even DKC2 a better game (obviously). Expand
  15. SamH.
    May 28, 2006
    There are WAY too many collectibles in this game but the gameplay, graphics, and most of all, the music makes up for the game.
  16. Nov 27, 2012
    I dont get why so many people are giving this game a low score and saying its too difficult i could beat this game when i was 10 and its one of the best games ever.
  17. ShawnL
    Dec 8, 2008
    The best game I will ever play! The collectibles, the music, everything in this is perfect. I will remember it forever.
    Feb 12, 2005
    Good but the mechanical fish is to hard it took me 5 years to beat it. also gets boring.
  19. YoshiiR.
    Apr 27, 2005
    Kinda good, despite the fact it truly gets boring. Also, the lack of challenge is disturbing: when the game expected me to have 60 golden bananas, I had 70... you got the point.
  20. Dec 21, 2010
    There is no game I know of in the last few years that match up to this masterpiece. The music is memorable and catchy, the characters varied, the collectibles in large number and a joy to collect (especially when you feel like a god when you know where everything is on familiar levels). The graphics were great for the time and really there needs to be more games like it - a horde ofThere is no game I know of in the last few years that match up to this masterpiece. The music is memorable and catchy, the characters varied, the collectibles in large number and a joy to collect (especially when you feel like a god when you know where everything is on familiar levels). The graphics were great for the time and really there needs to be more games like it - a horde of collectibles that you can take your time with and enjoy instead of rushing to get to the top of a leaderboard and not truly taking in the sensation. Expand
  21. May 28, 2011
    This is a far cry from the Donkey Kong Country series for the SNES. The game is too much a collect-a-thon, a problem exacerbated by the fact that you have replay through each level with five different characters, which is a cheap way of lengthening the game and only serves to make a repetitive game even more repetitive. The sluggish controls are a further example of how much this gameThis is a far cry from the Donkey Kong Country series for the SNES. The game is too much a collect-a-thon, a problem exacerbated by the fact that you have replay through each level with five different characters, which is a cheap way of lengthening the game and only serves to make a repetitive game even more repetitive. The sluggish controls are a further example of how much this game strayed from the series platforming roots. Expand
  22. GaborA.
    Nov 13, 2003
    A million tasks. Not one of them rewarding.
  23. MoleyM
    Oct 1, 2008
    This game is really boring, I agree with Rusty. Not really as bad as a "0" but I feel obliged to bring it down a peg or 2! This was the first clue that rare was losing the plot.
  24. RustyS.
    Jul 13, 2005
    I think this game is highly overrated and its a piece of crap. All you do for the whole time is collect these stupid bannanas and blueprints...hey Rare, I don't give a damn! Oh yeah, and when it came out it was not worth 70 bucks.
  25. Mar 3, 2013
    Its a good jump ´n run and worth to play but its not overwhelming.
  26. Oct 3, 2012
    Eh el mejor juego que he jugado, me encanta, este juego para es como un tesoro.. me enamora...........................................................................
  27. Jul 10, 2013
    Donkey Kong 64 is literally the best game that I will ever play. Everything in this game is perfect. All of the collectables in this game will keep you busy for weeks and weeks. After every golden banana or blueprint you collect is rewarding in every way. This game makes you work hard to collect everything, which is something that modern games don't make you do. The music in this gameDonkey Kong 64 is literally the best game that I will ever play. Everything in this game is perfect. All of the collectables in this game will keep you busy for weeks and weeks. After every golden banana or blueprint you collect is rewarding in every way. This game makes you work hard to collect everything, which is something that modern games don't make you do. The music in this game is also some of the greatest in video-game history. It really amps up the gameplay experience to a great extent. This game could get repetitive to some, but to me, this game is perfect. The difficulty, though, can make it tough to collect everything and get a 101% in this game, but when you finally collect everything, the challenge was well worth the rewarding feeling you get. I couldn't possibly find a fault in this game if you paid me and I will always love this game. To me, this game is a pure masterpiece! Expand
  28. May 29, 2012
    Pretty good platform arcade game. Although it shares some Super Mario 64 mechanics, having 5 characters at our disposal assures lots of hours of fun. Every map has hidden and hard to reach areas. Using one character or another will allow the player to access the new zones. The game is very fun because of the huge number of mini games included. Every character have its own little secretsPretty good platform arcade game. Although it shares some Super Mario 64 mechanics, having 5 characters at our disposal assures lots of hours of fun. Every map has hidden and hard to reach areas. Using one character or another will allow the player to access the new zones. The game is very fun because of the huge number of mini games included. Every character have its own little secrets and way of playing. On the downside, the game can be frustrating at some times because of the mini games difficulty and the amount of tasks. Expand
  29. May 27, 2012
    Okay, this game was so ridiculous and the whole time I kept thinking how retarded the game was....But it was so addicting :D Some how it entranced me to play the game 101 percent through. This game was very fun, addicting, and challenging. A truly great game, just wish it wasn't so corny.
  30. Sep 5, 2012
    For a good 3D game similar to Super Mario 64 it sits well, for a follow up to Donkey Kong Country... not so much. I am a huge fan of the Donkey Kong Country series, DK 64 takes it in a different direction and overall does a decent job. Story (8): Same ol' good ol' story here of King K being a banana thief and reacking havoc on DK's life. Graphics (9) Damn good, pretty much the best 64 hasFor a good 3D game similar to Super Mario 64 it sits well, for a follow up to Donkey Kong Country... not so much. I am a huge fan of the Donkey Kong Country series, DK 64 takes it in a different direction and overall does a decent job. Story (8): Same ol' good ol' story here of King K being a banana thief and reacking havoc on DK's life. Graphics (9) Damn good, pretty much the best 64 has to offer. The island is pretty cool, does feel a bit like DKC and has some rich areas. Sound (8): Some of the music and sounds bring back memories and some other music is pretty mediocre. Gameplay (9): Definitely a fun game to play, the controls are nice and the areas are diverse. There is actually a lot to do, you can interact with other characters as you progress and they can unlock different content for you. Endgame (8): The game is fairly large, and there are a lot of extra things to collect and areas to explore. You will notice as you travel many areas are off-limits at first but open up later. Overall Nintendo did a pretty good job bringing us back DK and his friends. I personally prefer DK in a 3D platform enviroment, but if you like open world exploring games such as Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie, this games absolutely worth a shot. Overall: 8 Expand
  31. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 9 Fun/Story: 9

Another great game and a fine graphics example of N64 capacities. Although not being a DK fan, this game really made me fun and smile.
  32. Dec 20, 2014
    This game is an all around masterpiece
    This game is an all around masterpiece
    It features 5 playable kongs (The previous Donkey Kong games featured 2) each differentiate greatly from one another. The game features 2 ranged weapons that are both great additions to the gameplay. There are lots of coins and golden bananas that are good in creating replay value. The music is very nostalgic and reminds you greatly of the beloved donkey kong country series. Some funny and entertaining scenes and generally silly character movements( Don't move your kong and you'll know what im talking about. This game is very very long, and makes you so proud of yourself when you beat it.
    Overall a masterpiece.
    I would like to say THAT **** BUNNY IN FUNGI FOREST PISSES ME OFF
  33. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  34. Nov 23, 2011

1. Rewarding gameplay, extremely deep control mechanics, beautiful graphics and sheer gameplay variety are just some of the elements that make this game a triumph.
  2. Though some view this as just Banjo-Kazooie with some minor improvements, take it from me, it is far from that. Definitely a candidate that is well deserving of being this years "Game of the Year".
  3. There is so much to do in this enormous, indepth game that you could get sucked into its fantastically animated absorbing world and stay there for weeks. Donkey Kong 64 deseves the fanfare of being the most eagerly-awaited game since Zelda.