GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Dec 12, 2012
    It could be the nostalgia talking... but this is perhaps one of the greatest games of all time. It's definitely the best video game a movie has ever spawned, I can say that for certain.
  2. RichH.
    Aug 28, 2007
    This game stole 3 years of my life. It still plays amazingly today (unlike Perfect Dark, which has aged badly). Perfection.
  3. ScottyP
    Jun 29, 2008
    Goldeneye certainly lives up to its FPS legend status and is a must for all shooter fans. Where shall i start? Satisfying if basic level design, superb graphics, AI which tries very hard and has some devekopers personality, great gadgets that dont hold your hand and let you use your imagination, excellent replay value with a still fun 4 player mode, cheeky and fun feedback from your HQ. Goldeneye certainly lives up to its FPS legend status and is a must for all shooter fans. Where shall i start? Satisfying if basic level design, superb graphics, AI which tries very hard and has some devekopers personality, great gadgets that dont hold your hand and let you use your imagination, excellent replay value with a still fun 4 player mode, cheeky and fun feedback from your HQ. Overall this game puts most last gen ( xbox / ps2 ) games to shame. Its not all great tho' - Weapons are quite poorly weighted ( a pistol will kill quicker than an AK47 or M16 ), there's certainly linearity of play which may put people off, its a bit too easy and some levels take only 3 mins to finish--and thats not a speed run attempt!! Overall a 94% personal score for me. This game has a lot of personality and is a must for any gamer, including all next gen boys looking for a satisfying blast of FPS heaven. Expand
  4. AxewhipeS.
    Nov 23, 2007
    Still years after the release I play this game, although there are many other games out today, this was one of the best games ever and is still the best movie to video games ever & was revolutionary for FPS games alike. This game got me into 007 movies.
  5. BillJ.
    Nov 16, 2007
    This game has everything, invidivual music for every level, bosses, large levels, challenges, multiplayer and many unlockables. Will keep you hooked for months, possibly years! Buy now!
  6. Nov 28, 2011
    I'd always loved this game me and my cousin would play this all day amazing game. i haven't played it in years and i guess it would be extremely bad.
  7. JK
    Apr 15, 2003
    Lots'o'funs.
  8. CameronS.
    Jun 6, 2005
    This game is the best game ever!
  9. RayP.
    Feb 5, 2002
    I bought this game the first day it came out and I still enjoy playing it. This definitely is the best first person shooter.
  10. SimonT.
    Jul 7, 2004
    An outstanding game which cobines solid 3D graphics and interesting gameplay. the multiplayer is also one of the most addictive ever! All in all a brilliant game.
  11. DanielM.
    Aug 9, 2006
    BEST GAME EVER!!!
  12. DerricU.
    Jun 3, 2007
    Goldeneye will forever be known as the game that put the FPS on the map in the home console realm. The formula goes as follows: DOOM is to PCs as Goldeneye is to consoles. Anybody that even attempts to give the title to Halo must've only owned a PS1 back in the day.
  13. DavidH
    Sep 2, 2009
    Best game I've ever played. I still play it now, despite having brought it over 10 years ago.
  14. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Best multiplayer game! EVER!
  15. Sam
    Aug 12, 2004
    Yes, the single player is great, ut multyplayer is where this gem is truy unvieled. In my (and just about evrybody elses) this is the best 007 game ever and second best first person shooter ever.
  16. BenG.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Still [2005] better than any first person shooter. Even better than Halo and Halo 2!
  17. LawrenceC.
    Jun 13, 2005
    The game have the best cheats for nintendo64, is better than zelda.
  18. Mayday
    Dec 11, 2006
    The year is 2006 and still to this day I have yet to play a game up to par with goldeneye (rainbow six vegas?). The only game you need for the n64. Graphics are dated by todays standards though gameplay and controls are top notch. Rumor has it this game will be going online through xbox live, hope it's true. Long live the king of fps!
  19. Mr.Orange
    Nov 7, 2007
    This game did for console FPS what Half-Life did for PC FPS.
  20. TomN.
    Sep 10, 2007
    A once great game forever to be remembered as the FPS genre's one and only true revolution, instead of evolutions made by Halo and Half Life. Goldeneye regenerated and reformed an entire genre all on its own and at time of release it surpassed all other shootemup games. However, by today's standard it is generally a poor game, and can no longer complete. Despite ageing badly and A once great game forever to be remembered as the FPS genre's one and only true revolution, instead of evolutions made by Halo and Half Life. Goldeneye regenerated and reformed an entire genre all on its own and at time of release it surpassed all other shootemup games. However, by today's standard it is generally a poor game, and can no longer complete. Despite ageing badly and being nothing special by today's standards, it gets a good 8 considering what an important game it was. Kids of today will never see what the fuss was all about, but those who grew up with it will always remember how great a game it was. Expand
  21. RichardJ
    Nov 22, 2009
    I've never encountered a game that had me (and friends) coming back again and again and again with each experience being fun and different. Still the best game ever in my eyes. Newer games undoubtedly are technically better, but none have had the all round fun, challenge, excitement, all with that Bond cool.
  22. LukeR
    Jan 21, 2010
    Goldeneye is the reason there are first person shooters on consoles. It showed that it was effective. Before goldeneye the fps genre was mainly a pc thing. halo fanboys thank the nintendo 64 for their success.
  23. MichaelJ.
    Nov 26, 2004
    This game was "frickin' amazing".
  24. JohnB.
    Apr 27, 2005
    There's no doubt, GoldenEye 007 is the greatest game ever to come out for any system. For being a Nintendo 64 game it's awesome. The gameplay is sweet and as old as it is, the graphics are sweet too, and multiplayer mode is just as fun. Any person with a Nintendo 64 needs to get this game.
  25. JeremiahT.
    Jan 17, 2008
    The first person shooter that, made an impact on the consoles. Without 007, you wouldn't have Perfect Dark or Halo. The game is a load of fun and introduces us to some new original ideas. One of the best games on the N64 and possibly, one of the best games ever.
  26. JoannaD.
    Aug 24, 2009
    Actually, Mr. Bond (and John P.), Goldeneye is not the reason Perfect Dark and Timesplitters exist. The reason Goldeneye/PD/TS exist is because of Doom/Wolfenstein. You can thank PC developers for what was accomplished by Goldeneye (as far as gameplay elements go, anyway). However, I still think that Goldeneye improved on the forumula with great graphics and decent multiplayer (for its Actually, Mr. Bond (and John P.), Goldeneye is not the reason Perfect Dark and Timesplitters exist. The reason Goldeneye/PD/TS exist is because of Doom/Wolfenstein. You can thank PC developers for what was accomplished by Goldeneye (as far as gameplay elements go, anyway). However, I still think that Goldeneye improved on the forumula with great graphics and decent multiplayer (for its time). On the contrast, PD brought to us multiple weapon modes (that were actually awesome), an interesting storyline (unlike Goldeneye), great music (Goldeneye was OK here), the 'laptop gun' (Goldeneye/other FPS titles had NOTHING like this), Psychosis gun (Again, GE/other FPS had nothing like this), bots (not in Goldeneye either--and, with some degree of uncertainty, other PC FPS's preceding PD), etc etc etc Goldeneye was great, but it wasn't the template for FPS's succeeding it. Rather, it was merely a way for console gamers to access what PC gamers had been playing YEARS prior. Perfect Dark blew Goldeneye out of the water because it was a new template for following FPS's, and because it extended FPS's into dimensions BEYOND gameplay (with its great story, voice-acting, and music). Try bringing a cogent argument to the table next time, Mr. Bond/John P...you know, other than 'Goldeneye is a superior game because mommy wouldn't let me play M-rated titles when PD came out'. Again, not denying that GE was a good game, but that it wasn't what following shooters were based on (THAT argument only holds true if you really ARE waste of genetic material). Expand
  27. Jul 12, 2011
    i mean wow this game hits a home run big time for 2 reasons one it takes a movie based game and does it way better then the actaul movie and 2 it made the stagnent FPS market fun again after all the doom clones. this game is just hands down lots of fun . outside of just a fun story mode i had so much fun just messing around in the missions with the cheats . plus you have the first real funi mean wow this game hits a home run big time for 2 reasons one it takes a movie based game and does it way better then the actaul movie and 2 it made the stagnent FPS market fun again after all the doom clones. this game is just hands down lots of fun . outside of just a fun story mode i had so much fun just messing around in the missions with the cheats . plus you have the first real fun 4 player FPS multiplayer game . before Halo came out on the xbox this is what me and my friends would sit for hours and hours and play and just have so much fun doing it . this game maybe old and dated by todays standerds but i can still break out the N64 from storage and play this from time to time. that says alot about a game thats 13 or 14 years old now. Expand
  28. Jan 19, 2011
    Incredible. This game was perfect and the recent remake proves it's still perfect and proves you can't go back and tr to recreate a masterpiece. Even in gaming.
  29. Mar 1, 2011
    The best shooter of all time, it will never be replaced! The campaign is long, challenging (if you choose a harder difficulty) and the cheats you can use add hours more gameplay. A great story and the gameplay was unrivalled for its time, and is still one of the best games of all time.
  30. Aug 20, 2011
    After playing it recently, 14 years after its release, this is by far the best FPS game I've ever played. The levels are masterly designed. Each weapon has advantages and disadvantages. The ammo is neither too abundant nor too scarce. The difficulty is very progressive, so that the next mission is challenging, but not overkill. The AI, while harsh, is challenging and gives room toAfter playing it recently, 14 years after its release, this is by far the best FPS game I've ever played. The levels are masterly designed. Each weapon has advantages and disadvantages. The ammo is neither too abundant nor too scarce. The difficulty is very progressive, so that the next mission is challenging, but not overkill. The AI, while harsh, is challenging and gives room to strategy. And the health system ensures that you have to consider all those factors while playing. The replay value and the level of detail of this game tells us that the creators of this game enjoyed what they were doing. And we did, too. A yet unparalleled game worth playing. Expand
  31. Apr 2, 2012
    I spent so much time with this game its insane. I don't even know how many playthroughs and missions and multiplayer and hundreds of hours. All I know is that for me, this game was revolutionary are absolutely brilliant. Don't let ripoffs of the name on inferior titles deceive you...this game was outstanding and a masterpiece. Way ahead of its time. It's assuredly a classic, and I'm glad II spent so much time with this game its insane. I don't even know how many playthroughs and missions and multiplayer and hundreds of hours. All I know is that for me, this game was revolutionary are absolutely brilliant. Don't let ripoffs of the name on inferior titles deceive you...this game was outstanding and a masterpiece. Way ahead of its time. It's assuredly a classic, and I'm glad I can give it the 10 / 10 it undoubtedly deserves. Expand
  32. May 27, 2012
    A masterpiece. One of the best games of all time. A true classic. A game that will always stand the test of time. Always a blast to play. So many great memories with this game. I still listen to the soundtrack.
  33. Jan 9, 2014
    Ok I want to first say that Goldeneye IS the reason that Perfect Dark exists. I've read of couple reviews here it seems some people are completely unaware that Perfect Dark is in fact a Rare game (just like Goldeneye) and that Perfect Dark came out 3 years after Goldeneye using a modified Goldeneye engine. Perfect Dark is literally a copy and paste game that improved on everythingOk I want to first say that Goldeneye IS the reason that Perfect Dark exists. I've read of couple reviews here it seems some people are completely unaware that Perfect Dark is in fact a Rare game (just like Goldeneye) and that Perfect Dark came out 3 years after Goldeneye using a modified Goldeneye engine. Perfect Dark is literally a copy and paste game that improved on everything Goldeneye did so downgrading Goldeneye because you think Perfect Dark is better is just plane asinine. Of course it's better it came out 3 years afterwards and is made by the same damn company!

Anyways now onto Goldeneye.

In my opinion Goldeneye is one of the greatest console shooters of all time. The countless hours my friends and I spent on this game playing 4 player split screen on a 26in tube. "You're screen watching!" Who didn't shout that while playing this game? Now it'll be hard to convince a 9 year old today that this is an amazing game that is an absolute blast but for those who truly appreciate video games and the time when video games brought friends into your household for hours and hours of shooting glory defending a bathroom, this is a timeless classic. Sure the graphics are completely outdated and you only have one analog stick to use but sometimes you have to step back in time and appreciate a classic that helped launch console shooters into the future.
  34. JohnP.
    Feb 22, 2009
    Mr. Koolaid is completely and utterly a waste of genetic material. Goldeneye is the reason that great games like Perfect Dark and Timesplitters exist! The great single player mode, the amazing multiplayer mode. Oh my god, how much countless hours did I play facility with dual RPC-90s and invisibility or throwing knives and invincibility. I miss it so bloody much.
  35. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    I played all the missions literally hundreds of times. It's that engrossing of a game. Though I wonder if the sequel can even compare.
  36. Mar 16, 2012
    Every once in a while I get nostalgic about this game and remember how great it was and how gaming innovation went down from there. The singleplayer mode is linked to the movie and each mission is introduced with a little text to read so: true, some expensive story telling is missing here. AI characters behaved quite predictable, but still extremely well back then (e.g. viewing angles,Every once in a while I get nostalgic about this game and remember how great it was and how gaming innovation went down from there. The singleplayer mode is linked to the movie and each mission is introduced with a little text to read so: true, some expensive story telling is missing here. AI characters behaved quite predictable, but still extremely well back then (e.g. viewing angles, response to gunfire nearby) and never got stuck badly.
    +++
    But playing the singleplayer mode is only one side of the medal. In times of no Internet for the average mortal human and good old couch gaming GoldenEye was the most exciting FPS multiplayer games. Split screen hindered sneaking action, but on quite huge maps it's always better to find each other than to wander around all alone. This game has a huge variety of guns and gadget put together in selectable weapon sets, partiality not balanced, but in a console gaming environment you are always free to apply house rules -- even health could be modified to give experienced players a handicap and keep balance. Most game types offered an interesting mixture of challenge and team dynamics. +++
    Even cheats in this game were a nice nice gimmick as few of them also applied to the multiplayer mode and they did not make you a lazy player as you had to unlock them as "achievements" in the singleplayer mode.
    +++
    All in all this game is still awesome besides its graphics compared to modern games. FPS games today are trying to much to have fancy leveling and unlocking systems while GoldenEye has almost everything a FPS game needs to be fun and innovative.
  37. Nov 19, 2010
    Best game of all time. Hands down. Can't count how many nights I stayed up playing this game with friends. I hope the Wii version is even half as good...if so, it will be a winner too.
  38. Mar 5, 2011
    Often considered the greatest first person shooter of all time, Goldeneye 007 set the bar of quality in what is to be expected from a console shooter and started a trend that made it's genre then most dominant in the industry. Really a perfect mix of fun and realism that allows for novice players to feel like the famous secret agent and more skilled players to take pride in beating theOften considered the greatest first person shooter of all time, Goldeneye 007 set the bar of quality in what is to be expected from a console shooter and started a trend that made it's genre then most dominant in the industry. Really a perfect mix of fun and realism that allows for novice players to feel like the famous secret agent and more skilled players to take pride in beating the game on it's harder difficulties featuring more objectives and faster, stronger, enemies. The multiplayer is addictive and endlessly customizable to insure that there is never a dull moment when a friend comes over. An FPS title that has yet to be over shadowed in more than 14 years later. Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2011
    This game is the ONLY reason I got an N64. I played the missions over and over and over. To today's standards (2011) it is a little corny with poor graphics, AI, etc. but at the time, there was nothing like it. It's like how Pac Man was the sh*# back in the day. Or how He Man had the biggest balls ever (unlike now when I watched an episode it only seems like he wants to suck balls).This game is the ONLY reason I got an N64. I played the missions over and over and over. To today's standards (2011) it is a little corny with poor graphics, AI, etc. but at the time, there was nothing like it. It's like how Pac Man was the sh*# back in the day. Or how He Man had the biggest balls ever (unlike now when I watched an episode it only seems like he wants to suck balls). Groundbreaking for the time. Any fan of FPS should go back to school and take a lesson from the grand daddy of all console shooters. Expand
  40. Jan 6, 2012
    The game that started to change all the fps history is a unquestionable classic of n64. Stealth gave another perspective for shooters. If you´ve never played this game, don´t wast more time!
  41. May 20, 2014
    In 2013 I played this game recently and let me tell you something this game aims automatically but if you put the game's difficulty to hard you are not going to aim automatically making it a difficult ride. But enjoyable non the less it's soundtrack captivated the james bond movie feel and also it's plot. But the main attraction of this game is the multi-player mode that created fun upIn 2013 I played this game recently and let me tell you something this game aims automatically but if you put the game's difficulty to hard you are not going to aim automatically making it a difficult ride. But enjoyable non the less it's soundtrack captivated the james bond movie feel and also it's plot. But the main attraction of this game is the multi-player mode that created fun up to four players with radars to detect were the other player go to and with it's masterful graphics for it's time created an adrenaline rush to play it hours straight a day despite it's shorter than the legend of zelda ocarina of time but I consider this equal to Golden Eye a 9.255 the best n64 game of all time. Expand
  42. May 2, 2014
    Nope. How is this game so highly regarded when it's just a failure of an FPS?

The weapons are improperly balanced, the game-play was absolutely terrible, and everything about this game just has "overrated" all over it.
  43. MrKoolaid
    Oct 22, 2007
    Perfect Dark has a much better storyline, far more multiplayer options, much more innovative weapons, and better music than Goldneye..it's not so much as Rare's fault as it is that it's a James Bond game. If your mommy didn't let you play Perfect Dark and you are thus biased, then get a life and quit spewing misinformed crapiola on the netz.
  44. RobertoT.
    Mar 16, 2003
    This is the worst game i ever play it has no story and the targeting system stink and the movie stink i wish this game was never created stay away from this garbage.
  45. DanielP.
    Jun 20, 2006
    This game is okay, but it is oershadowed sooo much by Perfect Dark it's not funny. Perfect Dark's multiplayer KILLS Goldeneye's. It's single player is a bit better though.
  46. JoshH.
    Oct 22, 2007
    It's a fantastic game, but Perfect Dark is still, to this very day, a much more enjoyable experience.
  47. Feb 7, 2014
    Personally, I found this a bit boring. Maybe it just didn't hook me in like other more exotic and fantastical shooters were doing at the time. People who like a pure no nonsense FPS will enjoy this more
  48. Feb 2, 2013
    GoldenEye 007 is a prime example of a game that aged terribly. Through no fault of its own, more advanced and evolved games have been made in the first-person-shooter genre since 1997. So, on its own, if it were released today; it would not stand a whole lot of a chance. For the time, though, it was pretty legit. The story mode kept true to the great movie and was also fun for the mostGoldenEye 007 is a prime example of a game that aged terribly. Through no fault of its own, more advanced and evolved games have been made in the first-person-shooter genre since 1997. So, on its own, if it were released today; it would not stand a whole lot of a chance. For the time, though, it was pretty legit. The story mode kept true to the great movie and was also fun for the most part (excluding the missions "Silo", "Train", and, "Control") The graphics were decent and it is relatively replayable to an extent. The multiplayer was varied and makes for a good time. The music is genius and sets an appropriate atmosphere. All of this, though, does not negate the fact that the game is way too overrated by nostalgia-blind fanatics. Some of the missions were repetitive and bland, such as "Silo". It wasn't very easy to keep track of health during gameplay because it would only show up when you were hurt and it wasn't very precise with its unshaded coloring. The friendly AI is infamously poor and made a few missions feel broken. Furthermore, the awkward Nintendo 64 controller made the controls feel lopsided, but GoldenEye 007 can't change the controller, so no blame to the game there. Overall, I would not suggest this game to someone today, but it has a good deal a moments to be played, though. The story, music, multiplayer, and impact are all of its key points to be enjoyed. Expand
  49. Jun 29, 2012
    Wow! The memories! Best multiplayer. Before Halo & Call of Duty this game was king of the shooters. Of course it's dated now. But still it's fun to play. These were the days.
  50. Sep 5, 2012
    This game is the REASON we have games like Call of Duty. GoldenEye literally revolutionized the multiplayer FPS, and the people who owned and played this game will NEVER forget it. This game was the highlight of my 15th birthday, we stayed up all night playing this game. They were pretty pissed though because I went 50-0 in 4 player using the golden gun :) Not only did this game have theThis game is the REASON we have games like Call of Duty. GoldenEye literally revolutionized the multiplayer FPS, and the people who owned and played this game will NEVER forget it. This game was the highlight of my 15th birthday, we stayed up all night playing this game. They were pretty pissed though because I went 50-0 in 4 player using the golden gun :) Not only did this game have the best multiplayer ever, it was also a blast and challenge to play single player on all the difficulties. This was also very rewarding because you unlock secret levels. Everything about this game was so awesome back in 1997, and honestly if I still had this and my 64 I'd play it today. Expand
  51. Feb 28, 2014
    What comes as a nice surprise and sticks out like a sore thumb is the game's depth, atmosphere and detail. Well animated characters and intuitive AI, realistic settings and interactive backgrounds sound effects are crisp along with music based on the movie. Ricocheting bullets, the clinky-clonky noise of footsteps just gives this first-person game that feeling of elegance and there isWhat comes as a nice surprise and sticks out like a sore thumb is the game's depth, atmosphere and detail. Well animated characters and intuitive AI, realistic settings and interactive backgrounds sound effects are crisp along with music based on the movie. Ricocheting bullets, the clinky-clonky noise of footsteps just gives this first-person game that feeling of elegance and there is enough content even on 'Agent' difficulty to keep players occupied for a decent amount of time. Overall the game is executed marvelously both single player and multiplayer, it is by far one of the best shooters to grace the generation even to this day leaving players shaken and most definitely stirred. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2013
    This game not only survives the test of time but comes out of that test with An A++. This game proved that shooters could work on console and no it's not jus nostalgia it's still fun today.
  53. Aug 28, 2014
    This game WAS good. The keyword being WAS.
    Back then, it was a really amazing game with stellar graphics, but today they look like polygonal versions of puke.
    Back then, it had revolutionary controls, now it's about as controllable as a wolverine with rabies. Back then, it had amazing multiplayer that was very competitive, but now you have to use a PC mod for HL2 to make sure your
    This game WAS good. The keyword being WAS.
    Back then, it had amazing multiplayer that was very competitive, but now you have to use a PC mod for HL2 to make sure your buddies don't screen-cheat on a 20 inch TV.
    Back then, it was difficult and challenging to beat some of the levels, at least THAT hasn't changed.
    Back then, I would have given this game a better score, but now it just can't hold up. Basically, I'm saying that this game WAS good. It has a lot of things wrong with it. Fortunately though, it's still a good game. It has a lot of good things for the time. I give this game a 7 for the sakes of nostalgia.
  54. Jul 28, 2014
    Not really that good, especially for an FPS game ( a genre of media I generally love). The control scheme and graphics are not great, and people calling it the "best game of all time", like many people do, obviously haven't played too many good titles as this is a bad one. Dissapointed with the quality of this game, Nintendo.
    Aug 14, 2002
    One of the best first person shooters ever made, GoldenEye is bested only by its spiritual successor, Perfect Dark. The excellent story, unbelievable graphics, huge variety of weapons and multiplayer options, stealth gameplay, and objective based mission structure all combine to make this one of the best games ever. One of the N64's classics.
  56. AdamH.
    May 7, 2003
    Amazing. ps roberto T is seriously bent this game kicks butt.
  57. SonnieS.
    Jun 23, 2003
    I would buy this game for $100 if i could, this is the best game i have ever played, better than all the old skool games and the 3rd generation games, it is the most addictive game i have ever played, i have never got bored of it, its a typical frantic game, you get killed and you get your friend back by killing him and so on, the multiplayer system brings this game to the top of the list I would buy this game for $100 if i could, this is the best game i have ever played, better than all the old skool games and the 3rd generation games, it is the most addictive game i have ever played, i have never got bored of it, its a typical frantic game, you get killed and you get your friend back by killing him and so on, the multiplayer system brings this game to the top of the list and you will never find a reason to leave the game, a must for any gamer! Expand
  58. DarylW.
    Mar 3, 2005
    This game is the best FPS ever! so much better than halo, which, to be honest is just retarded. requires skill and has the most amazing multiplayer ever!
  59. JimB.
    Mar 31, 2005
    First half decent FPS on a console. Highly ovverated compared to PC games of the same genre, level design and gameplay is 2 dimensional compared to Half-life.
  60. BarryK.
    Jan 4, 2007
    1998. I spent probably half the year playing Goldeneye with friends. We set up 4 TVs with cereal boxes blocking off the other screens so we could be in stealth mode. Fantastic. No game since has come close to those sessions. About 4 years ago we had a replay with the old gang. It was just as good. I'm on revver.com by the way, look for kingstar!
  61. JasonT.
    Apr 10, 2007
    This is the best FPS ever. It practically made what most FPS games are like today. ALMOST everyone i know who has a Nintendo 64 has Goldeneye and thinks it is one of the best FPS games ever made.
  62. BennettM.
    Oct 8, 2002
    Very action packed and complex, but the replay value is below expectations.
  63. RonaldW.
    Apr 18, 2003
    A challenging, exciting, near realistic singleplayer mode and fun multiplayer mode. I would give this game a 9.6, but it wont let me, I just wish i still had it...(SIGH).
  64. Bob
    Apr 4, 2003
    This is the best game ever made in the history of the world (with the execption of Duck Hunt for NES). It is just too good to believe
  65. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    This game was way ahead of its time. I n64 was still as big as it was at its release than it would be considered the second best shoot em up game ever!
  66. JamesBond
    Mar 26, 2004
    the BEST game EVER MADE !!!!!!!! Goldeneye is far better than perfect dark and kicks the sh*t out of Halo & Half-life. Nothing will ever beat it !
  67. SeanB.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Would give it an 11 if I could. This game is one of the most revolutionary games ever made for any system. As you can tell w/ all of the great reviews, playing Goldeneye should go on your 'Things to do before you die' list. If you haven't played, you're missing out. The reason why this is a great game is hard to put your finger on, but I think it's the great story Would give it an 11 if I could. This game is one of the most revolutionary games ever made for any system. As you can tell w/ all of the great reviews, playing Goldeneye should go on your 'Things to do before you die' list. If you haven't played, you're missing out. The reason why this is a great game is hard to put your finger on, but I think it's the great story and addicting gameplay which seperates this from the rest. In my opinion, this is the single greatest 1st person shooter game ever. I don't think anything will ever bring it down. Perfect Dark was a decent attempt to reproduce it, but the story was too confusing and wacky. MUST HAVE GOLDENEYE! Expand
  68. GustavoH.R.
    Jul 4, 2005
    A genuinely memorable classic for the Nintendo 64. Better than any other title ever released for this platform.
  69. TylerS.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Golden eye is the absolute best bond game that has ever been made and ill bet it still stands to be the best ever made for ever. The only thing that could make this game better would be to include the long lost cheat of all bonds.
  70. BoBBoBBy
    Aug 7, 2006
    HANDS DOWN the best multiplayer game ever! And one HELL of a single player game!
  71. StevenD.
    Apr 30, 2007
    This game is the god of all games! Long live Goldeneye 007! They may keep making games but nothing will ever match to this! Long Live bond Long Live Nintendo!
  72. AlexC.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I would have to rate Goldeneye as one of my top five games ever, and tht includes next-gen games such as Halo. In my opinion, Goldeneye kicks Halo into the dirt. Anyone who thinks that this game is overrated should take a reality check!
  73. NickD.
    Nov 26, 2003
    This game was the best game on n64 when it came out and for that year, hence GAME OF THE YEAR. The first time I played it I was blow away by its graphics and how fun it was. This was one of the best fps out at the time and still is one of mine other than halo.
  74. Uter
    May 23, 2003
    It's got great depth. The feeling of being bond is also done well. I think it is a bit over rated though. There are at least 10 better games on the system.
  75. BradD.
    Jul 14, 2003
    This game revolutionized the FPS genre. No longer are FPS's just DOOM and Quake clones where the goal is to anihilate everything in sight but to sneak around. I gave it a nine because although this game and Perfect Dark two of the greatest games ever made, nothing comes within 1,000,000 yards of being as good as half life is. (P.S. 1,000,000 yards = 1 point)
  76. JamesD.
    Feb 13, 2006
    I don't think this game is highly overrated. Look at the average scores 96! Comparing this game to a PC game is a no-no, Goldeneye stands by itself as one of the most memorable gaming experiences for a long time to come. Shame that Rare didn't churn out sequels like Tony Hawk is diong for his skating game. This is the Nintendo 64 foo'!
  77. Dec 25, 2012
    One of the best games I've ever played, was my favorite N64 game when I was younger. I still play it today every now and then and it never becomes boring.
  78. Jun 10, 2012
  79. Jul 4, 2014
    Uno de esos juegos que deben de pasar a la historia. Como juego singlepayer ya es una obra maestra, pero si le sumamos el endiabladamente divertido multiplayer, estamos ante una bomba de diversión de meses y meses. Fue un adelantado a su tiempo en casi toda su concepción. Un 10 se le queda pequeño a algo tan épico.
  80. May 28, 2012
    Where did the FPS make its leap from Doom and quake to the games we know these days? This right here. The worlds greatest movie game. Thats right movie game. Can you imagine any games based on movies today being anywhere near as good as this?
  81. May 22, 2012
    Only the fact that you can one-shot ppl with od-jobs hat in multiplayer gives this game a 10. And even when thats said the game has some awsome maps. Remember sitting for hours to get through the 00-difficulty. Challenges in games, gotta love it.
  82. May 22, 2012
    The first serious and truly understand as a masterpiece FPS in consoles. There was moments of action, infiltration, you had to use gadgets and there were a wide arrange of different maps and situations. The multiplayer for 4 was one of the best things. Very hard game in the 007 difficulty.
  83. Aug 6, 2012
    This game hasn't aged as well as I would have expected, but in its day it set the bar for FPS games. I spent countless hours playing multiplayer against my siblings and cousins, or dicking around with cheats in single player (oh the nostalgia!). As a big fan of James Bond--and Goldeneye in particular--I was disappointed by the VERY week story in the game, but the gameplay more than made up for it.
  84. Nov 28, 2012
    This game revolutionized FFS for sure. The story was great the golden gun made me **** myself and this game was for sure ahead of its time. Def one of the best N64 games ever
  85. Jan 21, 2013
    Goldeneye 007, a game that I'm sure everyone with a N64 owns and for a good reason. To start with the range of weapons was quite large and still managed to stay intresting for each gun which is impressive even by todays standards. The music in the game stands among some of the best in gaming history and always fits the mood making you feel on edge and ready to fight. The graphics are myGoldeneye 007, a game that I'm sure everyone with a N64 owns and for a good reason. To start with the range of weapons was quite large and still managed to stay intresting for each gun which is impressive even by todays standards. The music in the game stands among some of the best in gaming history and always fits the mood making you feel on edge and ready to fight. The graphics are my only complaint but not for a bad reason, the graphics get the job done and are decent (even by the N64's standards) but thats it which is slightly disapointing for an otherwise perfect game. Then there's the multiplayer which is the main reason this game is so popular, with four player split screen and loads of great maps playing them felt awesome and unique, unlike modern game's online maps which feel to familiar and boring. Other all this game is one of the best ever for it's time and even now it's easy to enjoy. Expand
  86. Jul 9, 2013
    At the time of its release, GoldenEye 007 might have been the greatest game ever made. Everything about it was just awesome. However, after a decade, it just hasn't aged well. Regardless, it's still one of the best and most influential games around.
  87. Nov 13, 2014
    It's 10pm on a Saturday when I walk into the party. It's a group of old friends and I'm the new guy that no one knows. A couple guys and girls are huddled around the TV playing a familiar game. Goldeneye 64. I pick up the controller and immediately start taking names. As C3PO would say "I am now part of the tribe". And that's what Goldeneye 64 is --- not a game but a cultural touchstoneIt's 10pm on a Saturday when I walk into the party. It's a group of old friends and I'm the new guy that no one knows. A couple guys and girls are huddled around the TV playing a familiar game. Goldeneye 64. I pick up the controller and immediately start taking names. As C3PO would say "I am now part of the tribe". And that's what Goldeneye 64 is --- not a game but a cultural touchstone for anyone who grew up playing shooters in the 90s. When Goldeneye was released, using a PC was the only credible way to play an FPS. Sure, there were ports of Doom and Wolfenstein to consoles, but they were not worth their salt. Then came Goldeneye and the paradigm was shifted forever, paving the way for the likes of Halo and Call of Duty. Goldeneye was the first game to credibly use a gamepad to control an FPS. And while the sprawling maps and stealth mechanic of the single-player campaign offered hours of great content, it was the split-screen multiplayer that made this game a true classic. As a lifelong fan of James Bond who has been playing FPS since the original Wolfenstein, Goldeneye hits a sweet spot with me that few games have rivaled before or since. Is it as good as you remember? Of course not, the FPS genre has taken monumental leaps forward since this game was released and the clumsy N64 controller is a medieval torture device compared to modern gamepads. Is it still worth playing. Of course! Goldeneye 64 is like the Casablanca of video games. It may be old but it's still better than most of what has come since. Expand
  88. Aug 5, 2013
    You're gonna want the Honest answer, This games Multiplayer was everything back in the day and to this day is still being played competitively, I cannot fathom how many hours, days, weeks, MONTHS was spent playing against someone with some of the most fun extras ever made in a FPS, Big head mode anyone? Paint-ball?

And sadly that is the only bold statement of this game, because frankly

And sadly that is the only bold statement of this game, because frankly aside from the Dam level, the use of the watch laser on the train and the final level, I cannot remember all too well the single player experience, that was an experience RARE perfected in "Perfect Dark".

But still does that matter? Obviously if you heard the story behind development, Nintendo stopped funding it, Multiplayer was added in as an afterthought, The game was literally filled with bugs, how this game did not fall down to the ranks of generic movie tie-In game is beyond me!

Only RARE could salvage it, which I bring up for the sole purpose that other than the fairly well made Wii remake, Every bond game has either not lived up to the bar this one set, Or every Goddamn remake of this game for Xbox360/PS3 was incredibly disappointing!

Final Verdict: Out of all the problems RARE faced, they delivered one of Video Games most fondest social gaming memories of all time before online reigned supreme! Great game, even greater memories 9/10.
  89. Dec 22, 2014
    Without benefit of nostalgia goggles, a perfectly mediocre game.

Without benefit of nostalgia goggles, a perfectly mediocre game.

The AI is as crude as, say, Doom's, but much less responsive. Never seen characters flatly ignore so much carnage around them. Plus, the AI lacks any features that lead to interesting mechanics (c.f. Doom's monster infighting). They run up & shoot & no more. While it gets the job done, it's bizarre to see the AI praised. GoldenEye did nothing to advance the art.

Shooting is surprisingly satisfying for a game with no gore, thanks to varied, hilariously flamboyant hit reaction & death animations, yet the extraordinarily rapid infinite respawning of enemies quickly sucks all the joy out of dispatching them. Run-n-gun is quite fun here except that it's trivial, and the only real threats are (spawning forever) behind you. You need eyes on the back of your head. Stealth elements feel tacked-on, and just bog down the game. The counter-intuitive marriage of arcadey shooting (GoldenEye's light-gun game roots show) with stealth may be possible, but Rare botched it.

Level design has a couple high points but through most of the game it's either too linear or pointlessly expansive, in the latter case mostly via extremely repetitious, boring, & constricted 90-degree-angle interiors. It's so easy to get lost, because everything looks identical. The few moments where there's real room for flexibility are welcome. GoldenEye kicked off the unfortunate trend of "realistic" level design and is one of the worst examples of its use. Objectives are mostly unobtrusive thematic fluff, but some of them are vague (copy the key?) or frustrating (the ole' escort-the-dumb-bullet-sponge objective again & again). Doesn't help that there's zero saving within missions, automatic or manual. Oh, and unmarked exits that abort your mission and force a restart, they're fun too.

A constant bugbear is a low and wildly inconsistent framerate, where the drops often have nothing to do with the on-screen action. Even in 1997 this was no technical masterpiece. Aesthetically it's a mixed bag. Some environments play to the strengths of the hardware, while others are just awful. Throughout, the artistry behind textures is mediocre.

Many fondly recall GoldenEye for its multiplayer. Can't comment on that. For certain, the single-player is far from timeless, versus its contemporaries & ancestors. GoldenEye's innovation and influence can't be denied, but glowing praise of its quality per se is even more dubious today. A console FPS, what'll they think of next!

FWIW I first played GoldenEye around 2003, having been an FPS fan since the early 90s. I came in with enthusiasm & high expectations due to so much lavish praise, and left disillusioned. It's an instructive example of naivete about other peoples' opinions. There were legitimate reasons why people loved GoldenEye. Quality is bottom of the list.
  90. Sep 4, 2013
    Yes i have fun playing this game once and a while but the controls are clunky, the textures give some modern gamers headaches. but don't forget this is one of the first games that really got the first person shooter genre some deserved attention. If you want to play a 007 first person shooter i either recommend golden-eye reloaded or 007 nightfire
  91. Oct 3, 2013
    Laid the foundation for every FPS that came along after it. The fact that games of today are still trying to live off it's name will tell you all you need to know. Bear in mind this game was made in 1997 so don't compare or expect HD graphics.

Maybe possibly one of the first games that was not truly on a set course? There are empty rooms, and rooms or corridors that lead to no where or have no relation to the game at all. It follows the movie well and is everything you could ask for in a FPS.

Unlike todays FPS it actually gets challenging on the 00 agent setting. I still have nightmares about Bunker 2 and Control.

Considering the multiplayer was an afterthought, has it been bettered? Maybe by Perfect dark. Back in an age when you used to actually have friends round your house, instead of sitting in a dark room alone with a silly headset on.

Good times.....
  92. Oct 17, 2013
    Goldeneye is one of the best games in history And the best first person shooter ever. Single and multiplayer are fun The presentation and level design are phenomenal This game is near flawless it's my first perfect 10/10 this is way better than any COD or halo
  93. Oct 8, 2014
    A game that defined a generation of gamers. Widely recognized as one of the greatest titles across any platform. Truly a treasure of my childhood, i'm just grateful I got to experience it during it's prime. Usually movie rip offs are horrible, this was better than the movie (and the movie was pretty good too). This will forever be with me until my last days and I thank theA game that defined a generation of gamers. Widely recognized as one of the greatest titles across any platform. Truly a treasure of my childhood, i'm just grateful I got to experience it during it's prime. Usually movie rip offs are horrible, this was better than the movie (and the movie was pretty good too). This will forever be with me until my last days and I thank the publishers/designers who developed this game, you should be extremely proud. Your game will sit in the Video Game Hall of Fame forever. Expand
  94. Jan 6, 2014
    The game that introduced me to FPS gaming.
    I still call it a god of video games and one of Rare's master creations.
    I guess anyone who played this game would believe me when it say it was pretty much flawless. Even recently i've hit up a few N64 games and this is definately one of them. The story is pretty much identical to the movie, the action is insane (AI is funny to look at today
    The game that introduced me to FPS gaming.
    I still call it a god of video games and one of Rare's master creations.
    Even recently i've hit up a few N64 games and this is definately one of them.
    The story is pretty much identical to the movie, the action is insane (AI is funny to look at today though lol), a great wide range of levels with heaps of variety, missions are very challenging and I still wonder how I 100%'d the game back then.
    What I admire most about the game, is the unlockables. Remember the days where you played instead of paid? this is a prime example. (yes I got this off a meme I come across haha)
    You EARNED your cheats
    You EARNED Aztec and Egyptian
    Ill never forget how hard it was to unlock invincible on Facility. Beat it under 2:05 on 00 Agent!!
    But for every cheat you unlocked, you were always satisfied and felt some sense of achievement.

This was the reason why many shooters exist.
    It is a fantastic game and there was never a dull moment.
  95. Jan 30, 2014
    the team wasn't even flipping experienced, and it still got international acclaim! you are the only person in the United States, who says that game is total crap. what the F........ ugh. that game ruled. i wish i could still have my flipping N64 so i could blow enemies up and run over them. i started playing this game, at 5. seriously a freaking masterpiece. it's the 3rd most bestsellingthe team wasn't even flipping experienced, and it still got international acclaim! you are the only person in the United States, who says that game is total crap. what the F........ ugh. that game ruled. i wish i could still have my flipping N64 so i could blow enemies up and run over them. i started playing this game, at 5. seriously a freaking masterpiece. it's the 3rd most bestselling game in the world for N64, and the 3rd most popular game. the aiming system is so great, but it was a nuisance to have 2 controllers controlling Bond's aiming and moving.. ah, Damn it, this is the Nintendo 64! Gotta love the Death match!!
    effing awesome! no one really picks Oddjob. why did they even put that effing midget in there? aiming might make you shoot Oddjob, but nevertheless annoying. the rest of the game makes up for that. oh how i loved invincibility, all weapons, double weapons, paintball marks, all that stuff. i would never get bored with that. and i am 12. why you are even trolling on solid gold, make no flippin' sense to me. you don't have the GRACE to describe exactly why you hate it and you sound completely retarded. no wonder there is only one person who even likes you review out of 60.
  96. Mar 19, 2014
    одна из лучших частей 007 похождения бондианы. Имеет сложность ну так на 10 потянет
    Мне очень понравилась эта игра
    но на андроиде не очень на эмулятор
  97. Aug 17, 2014
    Perhaps the best FPS of all time this game was JUST FUN!
    Everything about it was so well done
    Some much replayability with multiple difficulties and more objectives Unlocking cheats with beating mission in a certain amount of time Split screen was just so fun multiple game modes and weapon selection(Slapper only,Explosives) The worst thing about the game and this maybe just
    Perhaps the best FPS of all time this game was JUST FUN!
    Everything about it was so well done
    Some much replayability with multiple difficulties and more objectives
    Unlocking cheats with beating mission in a certain amount of time
    The worst thing about the game and this maybe just nitpicking was the bloody statue level.
  98. May 25, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.8 Gameplay: 9.8 Fun/Story: 10

Great graphics, sound and multiplayer (i spent lots of hours with my friends playing it when multiplayer means split screens)
  99. Jun 30, 2014
    Normally when I rate games it's either more as a multiplayer experience (Super Smash Bros) or a single-player experience (Mario 64); this however, was both. The single-player really sucked me in, the visuals were great at the time and the soundtrack is still one of my favourites in game history. On the multiplayer front it was amazing for it's time, I had countless games with my family asNormally when I rate games it's either more as a multiplayer experience (Super Smash Bros) or a single-player experience (Mario 64); this however, was both. The single-player really sucked me in, the visuals were great at the time and the soundtrack is still one of my favourites in game history. On the multiplayer front it was amazing for it's time, I had countless games with my family as a kid and the game enjoyed a comeback in my second year of university when me and my housemates regularly played it. Sure everyone seemed to have massive amounts of health but the gun modes, game modes (man with the glden gun) and maps are all top drawer. Yet another classic N64 game. Expand
  100. Nov 4, 2014
    This game was one of the greatest for the N64 era. The campaign or w/e it's called is challenging and you have to play different places several times to unlock stuff, some of which can be difficult to achieve. The best part though is the multiplayer, it's awesome and when we were kids, nothing could come close to it. I often miss playing this because it brings back so many memories. ThisThis game was one of the greatest for the N64 era. The campaign or w/e it's called is challenging and you have to play different places several times to unlock stuff, some of which can be difficult to achieve. The best part though is the multiplayer, it's awesome and when we were kids, nothing could come close to it. I often miss playing this because it brings back so many memories. This is a must have game if you own a N64 and if you can manage to get some people to play multiplayer with you then you'll have a blast. Expand

1. 7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 31 silver
  2. Its strategy and story mixed in with the action make it a fantastic gaming experience.
  3. This is probably the best game you can get on the Nintendo 64.