International Superstar Soccer '98 Nintendo 64

• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Sep 15, 1998
8.5

1. Sep 16, 2014
    I have this game for Nintendo 64 and I already played it. It is a very good game!The best part is the create a player option. Sadly, the number of characters you can enter is 8.
  2. Dec 10, 2013
    I dont know what others say about this game, but to me is perfect I have played it for 15th years, have won all the tournaments in the highest level, with al the teams. It doesnt matter how long I play it, I allways love it, because of the wide range of moves, plays and the fact that you will always discover new ways and it doesnt matter if you master the game you will always have the joyI dont know what others say about this game, but to me is perfect I have played it for 15th years, have won all the tournaments in the highest level, with al the teams. It doesnt matter how long I play it, I allways love it, because of the wide range of moves, plays and the fact that you will always discover new ways and it doesnt matter if you master the game you will always have the joy of finally achieving that "almostimpossible" sombrerito to a level 5 goalkeeper in a World Cup Final, if that doesnt mean anything to you is because you havent played this game enought! It would always be a 10! Expand
  3. Oct 23, 2011
    simply the most enjoyable fun easy to play accesible soccer game ever plus superb animation(1998) and great mplayer also
    masterpiece that doesnt get old
  4. BarryP.
    Oct 24, 2008
    This will go down in history as the game that started off the Pro Evolution domination. The game was epic for it's time and was unmatched by Fifa. It set the benchmark for all football games up to this day. The best football game ever made, imo.
  5. ScottC.
    Jul 10, 2006
    One of the greatest soccer games in history, blessed with wonderful game play, easy controls, state-of-the-art graphics. it is made even better by not having a FIFA license, so you can play with Deonardo (Ronaldo) unless you edit the names.
  6. KevinF.
    Dec 12, 2003
    At the time this was the best football game ever, its now been overshadowed by we6, 5 years ago, i'd have given this a ten.

1. It has all the features you could ask for and more and the gameplay has been refined to near perfection. Then it seems, the only reason FIFA is consistently outselling ISS is the fact that EA have the FIFA license and Konami do not. Just don't let that put you off what is possibly the best soccer game on any system.
    If you already own ISS64, see if you find a trade-in deal to get your hands on the new one, otherwise, the amount of additions is not quite enough to warrant purchase of the sequel.
  3. Considering that Japan isn’t famous for its success in the sport, for some reason the developers at KCET have a canny knack of delivering almost every attribute of our beautiful game in precision detail, with realism so sharp you could almost take an eye out!