Jet Force Gemini Nintendo 64
8.9

1. Nov 20, 2011
    Classic game, if you own a Nintendo 64 still and are keen to kick back old school be sure to hit this up. Controls are a little iffy however if your playing on PC with an emulator.
  2. Jan 24, 2011
    My brother let me borrow this game and I loved it! This game has as much potential as Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Goldeneye did in that period. I'm also surprised there isn't a sequel to it yet.
  3. Mar 27, 2014
    A legendary game completely sabotaged by its dated control scheme. When I played Jet force Gemini years ago, I figured it was just me. I had trouble with areas that I believe would have benefited from an extra analog stick, and it seems I was right in theorizing that years from now, when everyone's N64 controllers are falling apart, it would finally come to light the concessions that were made in order to get this "playable" on the N64's bizarre controller. You see, their are at least a few games that are next to impossible to translate over to any other type of controller, this is one of them. With C-buttons that act as strafing buttons, an inverted aiming reticule bound to your center analog, and movement being more or less bound to center analog, its pretty obvious how screwed you are from the beginning. Its a handicap. In another age, this would've never happened, had the N64 actually thought about adding a second analog stick this would've never happened. It baffles me how people can actually play the game anymore. All my attempts have been with Playstation-style controllers, thinking things like, "I'm sure a second analog stick will fix this mess," but then realizing upon further inspection how utterly confusing and painful the basic controls are. Its nigh impossible to figure it out I could sit there for an hour just trying to make a diagram of what movements correlate to what buttons to move around and wow- I could just play something else by this point. Its a tragedy that a game this good is completely held back by its button layout. Obviously sacrifices were made to make a lot of games work with the single analog stick of the n64 controller, but I never realized that it would be next to impossible to convert it over to something practical. Expand
  4. Dec 26, 2011
    Jet Force Gemini may not be the most memorable Rareware game on the N64, but it is one gem of a title with a really unique concept and completely different gameplay than what Rare does in most of their games. This at least shows that Rare weren't afraid to pull out a new IP to work on and release it to the public. I really like the exploration and playing as three different characters as you progress further to the game, where each character had their own missions to accomplish in identical or different destinations. The music is also fantastic too which immediately dives you right into the experience. Though I like the originality of the game, I find the iffy controls difficult to maneuver at times whether you are aiming at your enemies. Aiming with those controls becomes something you need to practice a lot with if you want to defeat the tough bosses. Jet Force Gemini maybe a great 3rd person action adventure title to play through, though I would not consider it to be the best Rare game I had ever played. Expand
  5. Nov 17, 2011
    A satisfying game, a truly well done 3rd person shooter. although game standards have gone up for graphics in recent years it shouldn't dampen your game play experience too much this remains in my top picks.
  6. May 27, 2012
    A masterpiece and one of the best games of all time. I love this game. A very underrated and underappreciated gem. The controls are amazing and its still odd that not a lot of other games have used its control scheme or gameplay style. This game is like Starship Troopers. So much fun!
  7. Jun 23, 2012
    "The Tribal quest... O God Why!" Now that that´s aside, one has to wonder why Is Jet Force Gemini not seen with better eyes. Huge areas, an impressive array of weaponry, intense smart shooting, and possibly the best soundtrack on the n64, the game is mad fun! Sure, there is details here and there with the graphics, a little bit of slowdown and some weird effects on the cutscenes, but it´s not enough to detriment the gameplay. If anything, the game feels sometimes like a rushed effort, but it is not buggy, nor ill planed. There is a HUGE cast of enemies, lots of tasks and the boss battles are thigh! There is even racing minigames inside the game!!! (I also want a sequel, curses!) Just... don´t bother with the multiplayer, pop in Golden Eye instead for multiplayer goodness! Expand
  8. Aug 16, 2012
    Could Rare do any wrong on the N64? They were killing it with their releases. Jet Force Gemini is a very unique game, with a decent plot to boot. The controls may be a little hard to get used to, but once you do, this game is a source of infinite fun.
  9. Feb 8, 2013
    Sin duda fue un grandioso juego, ah envejecido muy bien, lo recomierdo. Incluso es mucho mejor que muchos juegos de la actual generaciĆ³n.

Buen control, excelentes jefes, muchos escenarios, multiplayer local muy bueno, EXCELENTES graficas
  10. Jul 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game and all the characters in it. However it wasn't without it's flaws, namely collecting all the tribals felt like a real chore, the multiplayer wasn't much fun (except for co-op) and the controls felt far from perfect. besides all this however it's was a very engaging game and I think an underrated part of the N64 library.

1. An epic game with thrilling shoot-em-up action ensconced in a delectable graphic and sound palette. Jet Force Gemini is another Rare masterpiece through and through.
  2. While the game may not boast the gilded depth and scope of Zelda or the originative spark of Mario, Jet Force Gemini has stolen its way into my heart and become my favorite game on the Nintendo 64.
  3. The gameplay in JFG is reminiscant of a girl that is nice most of the time, but sometimes she can be a real bitch. I believe this game is only second to Zelda64, but it is so close I sometimes waiver on which I think is better.