Jet Force Gemini Nintendo 64

8.9

1. SoulD.
    Jul 8, 2006
    This is a great game and MUCH fun! I hope a remake for Nintendo is coming. I love the music and graphics and goofy story line.
  2. Mr.Chicken
    Sep 4, 2004
    JFG is a blast once you get use to the controls.
  3. ZackO.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Great game but too freakin long.
  4. Alex
    Feb 23, 2004
    Fun, Fun, FUN!!!
  5. Gro-Ab-Shalk
    Oct 6, 2005
    Great run-and-gun shooter, smooth action, clean graphics, great fun, great multi-player whether shootout or co-op.
  6. n64nes
    Mar 25, 2005
    Best game ever made in the universe!!!!
    Apr 3, 2007
    This game is surely a gem, I just bought it recently for only $7! I was surprised. :) Though, I played it before I just picked it up, a good 4 years ago (probably more), actually. It was just as awesome as I had remembered it. Really, well, in one word this game is: FUN.
  8. JAdyluvBlackluv
    Aug 29, 2004
    I really like this game .... it's a great shootin' one.
  9. Shaun
    Dec 16, 2005
    Let me explain something... see, there's this little mentality in the reviewing world where you can't differ too much from other people's opinions due to marketing reasons, upper-level pressure, etc... Basically, what I mean is that the proffesional reviews of this game mean nothing. Since it is a game from Rare they have tried to pick out every little thing possible Let me explain something... see, there's this little mentality in the reviewing world where you can't differ too much from other people's opinions due to marketing reasons, upper-level pressure, etc... Basically, what I mean is that the proffesional reviews of this game mean nothing. Since it is a game from Rare they have tried to pick out every little thing possible because Rare is held to very high standards (unfairly in some cases, such as here). If this was a game from any other developer, its reviews would have been considerably better. With that being said, this game is an amazing fast paced little fireball of a fun thing. One of the biggest pluses that I think it gets bashed for is the difficulty. Unless you're a wimpy, whiney little newbie gamer who can't handle tough stuff, you should revel in the fact that this game is pretty difficult. At times, it's repetitive trying to capture all the tribals and certain other goals, but nothing so overwhelming that you will have to stop playing. It's so fun, the levels are so creative, the creatures are cool, and the splattering of alien guts is so well done, that this is in some ways a classic, and at worst a very very good game with some flaws. Long, hard, and fun... that's the way we like 'em :) Expand
  10. lokionicleE.
    May 25, 2007
    Jet force gemini is a real game that uses cleverness with weapons and everything, the music is the best i've heard, and i actually turn the volume ALL the way up on my stereo, and the hardest part is the freakin' villagers, MAN!
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    Classic game, if you own a Nintendo 64 still and are keen to kick back old school be sure to hit this up. Controls are a little iffy however if your playing on PC with an emulator.
  12. Jan 24, 2011
    My brother let me borrow this game and I loved it! This game has as much potential as Zelda: Ocarina Of Time and Goldeneye did in that period. I'm also surprised there isn't a sequel to it yet.
  13. Mar 27, 2014
    A legendary game completely sabotaged by its dated control scheme. When I played Jet force Gemini years ago, I figured it was just me. I had trouble with areas that I believe would have benefited from an extra analog stick, and it seems I was right in theorizing that years from now, when everyone's N64 controllers are falling apart, it would finally come to light the concessions thatA legendary game completely sabotaged by its dated control scheme. When I played Jet force Gemini years ago, I figured it was just me. I had trouble with areas that I believe would have benefited from an extra analog stick, and it seems I was right in theorizing that years from now, when everyone's N64 controllers are falling apart, it would finally come to light the concessions that were made in order to get this "playable" on the N64's bizarre controller. You see, their are at least a few games that are next to impossible to translate over to any other type of controller, this is one of them. With C-buttons that act as strafing buttons, an inverted aiming reticule bound to your center analog, and movement being more or less bound to center analog, its pretty obvious how screwed you are from the beginning. Its a handicap. In another age, this would've never happened, had the N64 actually thought about adding a second analog stick this would've never happened. It baffles me how people can actually play the game anymore. All my attempts have been with Playstation-style controllers, thinking things like, "I'm sure a second analog stick will fix this mess," but then realizing upon further inspection how utterly confusing and painful the basic controls are. Its nigh impossible to figure it out I could sit there for an hour just trying to make a diagram of what movements correlate to what buttons to move around and wow- I could just play something else by this point. Its a tragedy that a game this good is completely held back by its button layout. Obviously sacrifices were made to make a lot of games work with the single analog stick of the n64 controller, but I never realized that it would be next to impossible to convert it over to something practical. Expand
  14. Nov 17, 2011
    A satisfying game, a truly well done 3rd person shooter. although game standards have gone up for graphics in recent years it shouldn't dampen your game play experience too much this remains in my top picks.
  15. May 27, 2012
    A masterpiece and one of the best games of all time. I love this game. A very underrated and underappreciated gem. The controls are amazing and its still odd that not a lot of other games have used its control scheme or gameplay style. This game is like Starship Troopers. So much fun!
  16. Jun 23, 2012
    "The Tribal quest... O God Why!" Now that that´s aside, one has to wonder why Is Jet Force Gemini not seen with better eyes. Huge areas, an impressive array of weaponry, intense smart shooting, and possibly the best soundtrack on the n64, the game is mad fun! Sure, there is details here and there with the graphics, a little bit of slowdown and some weird effects on the cutscenes, but"The Tribal quest... O God Why!" Now that that´s aside, one has to wonder why Is Jet Force Gemini not seen with better eyes. Huge areas, an impressive array of weaponry, intense smart shooting, and possibly the best soundtrack on the n64, the game is mad fun! Sure, there is details here and there with the graphics, a little bit of slowdown and some weird effects on the cutscenes, but it´s not enough to detriment the gameplay. If anything, the game feels sometimes like a rushed effort, but it is not buggy, nor ill planed. There is a HUGE cast of enemies, lots of tasks and the boss battles are thigh! There is even racing minigames inside the game!!! (I also want a sequel, curses!) Just... don´t bother with the multiplayer, pop in Golden Eye instead for multiplayer goodness! Expand
  17. Aug 16, 2012
    Could Rare do any wrong on the N64? They were killing it with their releases. Jet Force Gemini is a very unique game, with a decent plot to boot. The controls may be a little hard to get used to, but once you do, this game is a source of infinite fun.
  18. Feb 8, 2013
    Sin duda fue un grandioso juego, ah envejecido muy bien, lo recomierdo. Incluso es mucho mejor que muchos juegos de la actual generaciĆ³n.

Buen control, excelentes jefes, muchos escenarios, multiplayer local muy bueno, EXCELENTES graficas
  19. Jul 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this game and all the characters in it. However it wasn't without it's flaws, namely collecting all the tribals felt like a real chore, the multiplayer wasn't much fun (except for co-op) and the controls felt far from perfect. besides all this however it's was a very engaging game and I think an underrated part of the N64 library.
  20. Mar 22, 2015
    10/10 ................................................................................................................................................
  21. Feb 28, 2016
    When I beat jet force Gemini in the summer of 2015 it was my crowning victory . It felt like all my life had led to that point. The game is fantastic in my opinion you will play games like Uncharted, Last of us or Gears of War and they all have a similar feel to it. BUT Jet Force Gemini is a unique game it is a third person shooter space exploration odyssey. The only minor thing I dislikeWhen I beat jet force Gemini in the summer of 2015 it was my crowning victory . It felt like all my life had led to that point. The game is fantastic in my opinion you will play games like Uncharted, Last of us or Gears of War and they all have a similar feel to it. BUT Jet Force Gemini is a unique game it is a third person shooter space exploration odyssey. The only minor thing I dislike is the tribal collection, games during this era had a lot of collection like jack and daxter had the precursor collecting. Anyway if you want a unique game that will revitalize you interest in gaming play Jet Force Gemini you will not regret it. But it is not for the faint of heart as it will require you to read walk-through. Nonetheless it is a very rewarding game. I could not beat it during my childhood but once I reached adulthood I beat it in a snap! The most fun I had with this game is going to other worlds and seeing the different planets. The game has a variety of colors ranging from dark moody and dull to bright and colorful environments. The music in this game is also very good. The reason is because the music matches the environment. If you are in a creepy spooky place the music will sound dark and spooky. However if you are in a place that is cheery and bright the music will reinvigorate you and bring you up to speed. The game is not too difficult in my opinion the bosses just require that you keep preserving and eventually you will beat it. I would not say that this game is as hard as demons souls or dark souls. It is a bit easier than that but do not let your guard down as the enemies are no pushovers. In the end the game does a lot of things right but as I mentioned before the tribal collection can be a bit repetitive. I always felt that the tribal exploration was always one of the biggest weakness of jet force Gemini but now I realize it is probably one of its strongest. For example, once you are looking for tribals you will actually look at the map more closely and admire the architecture and landscapes of the games. I think one of the main problems with gaming now is that modern gaming does not let you explore or absorb your environment it keeps rushing you to the next level. But Jet Force Gemini encourages you to explore and digest you environment. After over 15 years I am proud to say that I joined the proud hero's who have beat Jet Force Gemini. Expand
  22. Aug 6, 2016
    This game...this game is an underrated gem..heh get it cause the name has gemini...well onto the review. I love the gameplay, graphics, story, and replay value.

#5 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999
#6 Most Shared N64 Game of 1999

1. An epic game with thrilling shoot-em-up action ensconced in a delectable graphic and sound palette. Jet Force Gemini is another Rare masterpiece through and through.
  2. While the game may not boast the gilded depth and scope of Zelda or the originative spark of Mario, Jet Force Gemini has stolen its way into my heart and become my favorite game on the Nintendo 64.
  3. The gameplay in JFG is reminiscant of a girl that is nice most of the time, but sometimes she can be a real bitch. I believe this game is only second to Zelda64, but it is so close I sometimes waiver on which I think is better.