Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Nintendo 64

8.1

1. Aug 16, 2012
    Haters aside, a side-scroller Kirby game is one of the best games available for the N64. As someone with limited experience with the Kirby franchise, I was really surprised by this game. The power-up system is pretty awesome and the game has decent graphics for a game on this platform. Over, this is an experience worth having.
  2. WIlliam
    Jan 25, 2005
    This game rocks.
    Apr 13, 2002
    This game is really good.
  4. SarahC.
    Jul 9, 2003
    N64 is the only game system I own (besides GBA) and Kirby64 - The Crystal Shards is the best N64 game I have, so I give it a ten. (and people who object please don't think I'm stupid because I am only ten years old.)
  5. MorganC.
    Dec 27, 2001
    This game is my favrite game! It is hard, fun, and realy cute! Like the fairys. They are the cutest little girls i have ever seen. The cutest, of course, is kirby. I think that kirby is a puffball filled with cream and cotten. I know lots of the fairy's names (i have went to hal.labs):ribbon, snowdrop, flowers, the queen, and more. well the story went something like this.....the This game is my favrite game! It is hard, fun, and realy cute! Like the fairys. They are the cutest little girls i have ever seen. The cutest, of course, is kirby. I think that kirby is a puffball filled with cream and cotten. I know lots of the fairy's names (i have went to hal.labs):ribbon, snowdrop, flowers, the queen, and more. well the story went something like this.....the peaceful space fairys of ripple star and the queen were all relaxing intil ribbon, the fairy princess, looked into the sky to see dark matter! He was after their sacred prize, the power crystal (the fairys belive that it's their god.that sucks). The queen said to the girl "take the crystal away! Away from this world!" So ribbon grabed the crystal and flew out of ripple star. but dark matter was right on her red tail. He broke the crystal and she fell on pop star. Kirby herd her cry for help as she looked up. Kirby said yes to saving the queen and fairys of ripple star, along with grabing the crystal shards. well, I can put another vote later because my mom says to get off this computer. To all kinds of people. Expand
  6. NikkiStar
    Jan 19, 2004
    THIS GAME IS TRULY THE GREATEST! Kirby Crystal Shards is absoultely brilliant. Once you get into the game, you never wanna get out! THIS IS A GREAT GAME! Remember to always play it, you'll find something new, and then, you'll be happy! So, go out and buy it before I do! I do not own it, but I have rented it from BlockBuster. Go out and play this wonderful game!
  7. KurtH.
    Aug 24, 2006
    The graphics in this game may be a little childish, but it looks so clear and sharp that you just have to love them. The gameplay itself is simply AMAZING with the 7 combineable copy abilities. It doesn't last forever, though, which is a shame.
  8. JeddaM.
    Dec 21, 2001
    This game is AWESOME!
  9. Omegamiko
    Apr 16, 2002
    This game truly deserves a ten.
  10. Jun 9, 2011
    Kirby 64 defines the 2.5/D platformer with excellent level design and a truckload of copy abilities. What's especially cool is the ability to mix and match the aforementioned powers.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is quick. It allows limited movement because you follow paths. I like the simple presentation within the whole game.
  12. Feb 1, 2014
    Game: Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: HAL/Nintendo System: Nintendo 64 (N64) Total Score: 78/100 Value Score: 7.8/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 7/10 • GamePlay: 7/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 9/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 4/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 7/10 Pros +Combo Abilities and Powers are a nice addition +Allies
    Game: Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards
    Genre: Adventure/Platformer
    Developer: HAL/Nintendo
    System: Nintendo 64 (N64)
    Total Score: 78/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 4/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 7/10

Pros
    +Combo Abilities and Powers are a nice addition
    +Allies having their own portion in the level design is nice and unique
    +Crystal Shards add a new level of challenge and may increase length value
    +Many old elements from past Kirby titles used which is great for nostalgic fans
    +Keeps the same formula in design and UI as past Kirby games.
    +Level design is well done
    +Bosses have two life bar phases now which add more length to boss fights
    +Storyline now is more detailed through cutscenes and characters have more personality shown.

Cons
    -The lack of some notable abilities is a bit saddening (such as the Hammer and Sword abilities)
    -Some of the crystal shards will make you go to another level to achieve a ability instead of being able to get the ability you need in their respected levels - thus causing confusion on which ability you need.
    -Enemy characters are bland compared to previous Kirby games.
    -Mini boss fights are joke fights with stationary enemies unlike past Kirby games.
    -Gameplay and pace feels sluggish compared to past Kirby games.
    -Delays on certain ability attacks will leave players frustrated as some can lead to one's death or unnecessary damage
  13. Jun 6, 2012
    This game is a bit creepy.(Kirby ripping off his face as cutter.)But it's Awsome!I love combineing abilties.You can even combie two of the same abilties!
  14. Jun 23, 2012
    Do not be deceived by the early levels, Kirby 64 can be quite creative when completing the crystal´s quest, which will leave you scratching your head from time to time. Graphically beautiful and humbly fun, this is a good game for the kids, or if you wanna lower the stress gathered from a hard day´s work.
  15. Apr 28, 2015
    This is one of the games you would like no matter what other people say. The levels are nice, it makes you feel like looking at them rather than playing. The music is great too. My problem is that the game should've had more worlds. What I hate the most is that some copy abilities get canceled like the Stone, using it on bosses will revert you. Overall, 8.8-9.
  16. Jun 9, 2015
    This game...I LOVE IS SO MUCH.Seriously,what's not to love about?This game is one of the best if not the best game on N64.The selling point of this game is you can combine powerups together.Some of them are really cool(like mixing bomb and bomb to launch missilles)some of them are hilarious(like mixing spark and ice to create a frige).Hands down one of the best kirby games of all time.MyThis game...I LOVE IS SO MUCH.Seriously,what's not to love about?This game is one of the best if not the best game on N64.The selling point of this game is you can combine powerups together.Some of them are really cool(like mixing bomb and bomb to launch missilles)some of them are hilarious(like mixing spark and ice to create a frige).Hands down one of the best kirby games of all time.My favorite ability is the lightsaber :). Expand
  17. Dec 8, 2015
    Great game.
    I actually played this one the 20th anniversary, but whatever.
    We need 02 to return, he was such an awesome, mysterious villain.
    yeaauahp.

#7 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#8 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

1. CheckOut
    The only knock on the game is that it is not particularly lengthy when compared to a behemoth like "DK64."
  2. Nintendorks
    Whatever the reasons may be, just rent Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, ignore any qualms about difficulty or length and for the few days you have it proceed to bask in the glow of great fun emanating from your TV screen.
  3. CNET Gamecenter
    Simple, enemy-inhaling fun that's accessible but won't hold your attention for very long.