Mario Kart 64 Nintendo 64
8.7

1. DanielP.
    Jun 20, 2006
    Simply the best game ever invented. 4-player races, each race done once, all night.
  2. SeanB.
    Jan 1, 2004
    I had to say 10 but if it went higher i would say 10,000,000,000!!!!!
  3. AceMistry
    Feb 20, 2005
    Learn to powerslide its amazing. Powersliding is where you have red smoke coming from the car and let go and you get a power boost. It brings a whole new dimension to the game!!!!
  4. MarkH.
    May 19, 2005
    Best racing game ever made never gets boring.
  5. DejanN.
    Feb 18, 2006
    I used to play it the whole day with my friends.. the game is a great fun... not a lashy graphics or anything but a great fun... like the games of our youth.. they were pure fun and we weren't worrying about how good graphic it has nor a good sound or anything... Perfect Ten.
  6. MatthiasB.
    Feb 13, 2005
    Berlin Mario Kart Driver !!! call 0173/46135...
  7. MarvinM.
    Nov 26, 2006
    Best game ever. Simple, addictive, amazing 4 player battle. First game of its kind. Time trials.... they can be intense competition once you learn the E break.
  8. MikeM.
    Apr 27, 2007
    This game isn't perfect. But damnit, what is? I love this game, and if I had to play it to save my life, well damn, I'm pretty sure I'd be safe. The sheer fact that it's a retarded game makes it great. The characters are wacky, so people love them. The realism in this game is in the negatives, and people love it. This game's cons are nothing mroe than hidden pros. This game isn't perfect. But damnit, what is? I love this game, and if I had to play it to save my life, well damn, I'm pretty sure I'd be safe. The sheer fact that it's a retarded game makes it great. The characters are wacky, so people love them. The realism in this game is in the negatives, and people love it. This game's cons are nothing mroe than hidden pros. All all around greatness, and just because SNES might have had a better Mario Kart, doesn't mean this one's horrible. Expand
  9. Apr 29, 2011
    A classic kart racing game that's essential to anyone's N64, if you still play it. Pros: It's shrouded in charm and originality; a small, but satisfying variety of unforgettable characters and weapons; multi-player mode is an endless amount of fun. Cons: The single-player mode is tiresome after awhile; it's not the best looking Mario game on the N64.
  10. Jun 7, 2011
    Wow this game is AMAZING! I don't have it on the original N64 console,but who needs it! I got the Virtual Console service by my side!Anyway this is the only racing game I play, no other. And it has my favorite plummer...MARIO! Soooo, in conclusion i love this game and it's a masterpiece to me.
  11. Jan 16, 2012
    This game is **** awesome. **** **** I am in 2012 now and still play this game a lot! **** awesome game, all of my friends love to play it in multi-player when they come over my house for a all night game session!
  12. Jul 5, 2012
    Maybe not the best version of Mario Kart out there, but probably the most sheer fun. Possibly the best multiplayer avaliable in video games, great maps, free-for-all battle mode... who am I kidding, it IS the best Mario Kart out there.
  13. Aug 16, 2012
    Mario Kart 64 is THE definitive kart racing game. Power-ups are a great addition to a racing game and this game paved the way for games over a decade after it's release. If you even call yourself a gamer, this should be somewhere in your collection.
  14. Aug 6, 2013
    The best Mario Kart of all time! HANDS DOWN!

Best of all: No blue shells being used by the computer!

This is a great classic game in the Mario Kart franchise and I think the very best in the series.
  15. Jun 30, 2014
    This was pretty much my first video-game experience. I remember visiting my Dad in Switzerland when he showed us he'd got this. The excitement of unboxing that N64 bundle with this game hasn't been matched to this day! Me, my brother and my father spent hours and hours racing each other and battling on the awesome battle arenas (particularly block fort and double decker). This game isThis was pretty much my first video-game experience. I remember visiting my Dad in Switzerland when he showed us he'd got this. The excitement of unboxing that N64 bundle with this game hasn't been matched to this day! Me, my brother and my father spent hours and hours racing each other and battling on the awesome battle arenas (particularly block fort and double decker). This game is really what started my life-long love affair with Nintendo. The tracks were amazing, the music was just as good and the crazy weapons made this game a hell of a lot of laughs every time we put the cartridge in! An all-time favourite for sure, with so many childhood memories in that cartridge. Expand
  16. Sep 7, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played, the only problem is the steering other than that it is perfect.This game has one of the best battle mode maps,some great racing maps and it is still playable.
  17. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of the most funnest games I ever played, I love playing 4 player mode on here, i wish they would make a remake of this on the Wii U with the same graphics
  18. MichaelW.
    Jun 29, 2003
    It's the best.
  19. PYL.
    Apr 15, 2004
    This game has a great learning curve that you can develop at first learning how to do the Mini Turbos whith that all new joystick. Then learning different techniques that help you improve.
  20. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Oh mario kart is fun. multiplayer mode had me and my friends playing for hours. great game.
  21. RobertC.
    Feb 22, 2004
    July 27, 1997...my older brother gets one of these new Nintendo 64s. With it were two games that would start more than 4 years worth of gaming nirvana. The first game I put in to play was Mario Kart 64. I had some memory of the original Mario Kart, which I throughly enjoyed. Once I'm able to get on my way to a time-trial, I'm shocked for one by the graphics, and the fact I July 27, 1997...my older brother gets one of these new Nintendo 64s. With it were two games that would start more than 4 years worth of gaming nirvana. The first game I put in to play was Mario Kart 64. I had some memory of the original Mario Kart, which I throughly enjoyed. Once I'm able to get on my way to a time-trial, I'm shocked for one by the graphics, and the fact I couldn't move my kart! Appears I have to use one of these confounded joysticks...and I never looked back. Saddest thing though is when I look at this Mario Kart compared to Duble Dash, I'm thinking: "Holy...those graphics look like crap!". Expand
  22. AxewhipeS.
    Jan 15, 2008
    One of the best games when it came out & still is the N64 had that long lasting appeal that made you want to go back to those games, This game is great fun for all, 1 player has the tracks & time trials & multiplayer allows you to battle & race. An Amazing game, Kramer C obviously doesn't know who, what, or where he is & has amnesia & thought he was playing LAIR.
  23. Jan 19, 2011
    Loved this game it was amazing to play with friends. Easily spent metric ton of hours playing this at my house and over at friends houses. The only downside? only four players could play at a time!
  24. Apr 27, 2011
    Mario Kart 64 was mi first game ever. When you play this game today it wil be stil fun. The gameplay is fantastic and the soundtrack is awesome. The only bad thing is that nothing is perfect.
  25. Jul 26, 2011
    Out of all the Mario Kart games , in top of my list comes Mario Kart 64 definitely , the major improvement comes in the gameplay and graphics. Goofy, fun addicting and bizarre.
  26. Nov 7, 2011
    Mario Kart 64 was an amazing racing game for its time. It still has 8 playable characters like the SNES mario kart, but the graphics and gameplay are improved.
  27. Dec 30, 2013
    Game: Mario Kart 64
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo DS (NDS) Total Score: 94/100 Value Score: 9.4/10 • Story: */10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Great gameplay mechanics compared to Super Mario Kart +A decent roster of
    Game: Mario Kart 64
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo DS (NDS)
    Total Score: 94/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Great gameplay mechanics compared to Super Mario Kart
    +A decent roster of characters
    +Great new additions to the item arsenal
    +Stages are well made and a lot longer
    +Stages have more depth to them with multiple pathways
    +Multiplayer modes enhanced

Cons
    -AI racers are overpowered with the thanks to instant recovery time
    -AI can be really aggressive at times more than they should be
    -Character modes look like they were paper cut out models (highly pixilated too)
  28. May 29, 2012
    True classic, the first game in its genre. Just take your kart, catch some power-ups and destroy your enemies. The one player mode was great and long, but this game shines at multi player. You can spend all night playing with your friends (and laughing to tears).
  29. Jun 5, 2012
    One the one hand a very fun and exciting racing game, that doesnt take things too serious. Funny, creative and mystery racing tracks. On the other hand a pretty bad AI in single game mode, where skill sometimes doesnt help you too much, AI racers catching and speeding up too easily, even after playing them out.
  30. Aug 14, 2012
    This game has held up well, in my opinion, and is one of the very few N64 games I've continued to play years and years later. While it has it's flaws (e.g. no bots in 3/4 player mode, no additional single player content), it is a solid game that continues to be fun long after you've beat it. Mario Kart 64 is really a multiplayer game: play it with some friends and you'll have hours andThis game has held up well, in my opinion, and is one of the very few N64 games I've continued to play years and years later. While it has it's flaws (e.g. no bots in 3/4 player mode, no additional single player content), it is a solid game that continues to be fun long after you've beat it. Mario Kart 64 is really a multiplayer game: play it with some friends and you'll have hours and hours of fun, especially in battle mode! Collapse
  31. Sep 2, 2012
    When this game came out I firmly believe it was better than the SNES version, even though that was great too, and the 64 version still holds water to this day. This game was literally one of the funnest multiplayer games ever, whether you were racing or battling each other. This game is just a classic plain and simple and that is why the predecessors to this game took so many ideas fromWhen this game came out I firmly believe it was better than the SNES version, even though that was great too, and the 64 version still holds water to this day. This game was literally one of the funnest multiplayer games ever, whether you were racing or battling each other. This game is just a classic plain and simple and that is why the predecessors to this game took so many ideas from it. Another great game linked to childhood memories! Expand
  32. Nov 28, 2012
    One of the best n64 games of all time without a doubt and it never gets old sometimes u cant beat the classics. The game will always be a good game for sure
  33. Apr 24, 2013
    BEST COURSES EVER! A very fun game, but the items leave a little to be desired. I recommend it to people who don't normally enjoy racing games, but like super mario
  34. Aug 24, 2013
    Mario and his friends challenge each other in a whacky racing competition on go-karts.

In this lovable classic the game introduces you to a variety of colorful characters from the Mario franchise and a variety of unique maps. The controls are smooth even with the analog control design, and the game is overall fast and fun during its time. The only major issue this game has is the balancing, and you can easily cheat through some tracks. But overall it's still a joyful and entertaining experience.

4.8/5
  35. Mar 15, 2014
    A great kart racing game. I always remembered this as my favourite. It was my first Mario Kart game, and playing it today definately brings back memories. However, what leaves this at 9 rather than 10 is that a few weeks ago replaying the game, I came across a glitch in Rainbow Road, and the music stopped. The whole race then felt lonely. Seriously, if you can, just find a version withoutA great kart racing game. I always remembered this as my favourite. It was my first Mario Kart game, and playing it today definately brings back memories. However, what leaves this at 9 rather than 10 is that a few weeks ago replaying the game, I came across a glitch in Rainbow Road, and the music stopped. The whole race then felt lonely. Seriously, if you can, just find a version without music but with the sound effects, its just lonely. Expand
  36. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 9.0 Sound: 8.5 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

When local multiplayer was the only way to play with friends, this game emerge as a perfect example of truly fun. Hand-to-hand with the goldeneye in this way.
  37. Oct 16, 2014
    8 Characters available from the start, possibility to race with 2 players on Mario Gp, Good voices, good tracks, this game is a Masterpiece!Yeah, AHAHAHAH!
  38. Aug 14, 2012

1. It's the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen! An incredible game for racing and Mario fans that is the best of both catagories (that's right, better than Mario 64)!
  2. And on the eighth day, God created Mario Kart. He saw it, and it was good. [Jan 2004, p.189]
  3. Although it doesn't break any new grounds in originality (like Mario 64), Mario Kart 64 is a great addition to the N64 line-up. The solid graphics, good sound, and addictive gameplay--coupled with features like being able to race yourself (from a former race) in a special ghost mode--make you want to play it forever.