Mario Kart 64 Nintendo 64

8.7

1. DanielP.
    Jun 20, 2006
    Simply the best game ever invented. 4-player races, each race done once, all night.
  2. SeanB.
    Jan 1, 2004
    I had to say 10 but if it went higher i would say 10,000,000,000!!!!!
  3. AceMistry
    Feb 20, 2005
    Learn to powerslide its amazing. Powersliding is where you have red smoke coming from the car and let go and you get a power boost. It brings a whole new dimension to the game!!!!
  4. MarkH.
    May 19, 2005
    Best racing game ever made never gets boring.
  5. DejanN.
    Feb 18, 2006
    I used to play it the whole day with my friends.. the game is a great fun... not a lashy graphics or anything but a great fun... like the games of our youth.. they were pure fun and we weren't worrying about how good graphic it has nor a good sound or anything... Perfect Ten.
  6. MatthiasB.
    Feb 13, 2005
    Berlin Mario Kart Driver !!! call 0173/46135...
  7. MarvinM.
    Nov 26, 2006
    Best game ever. Simple, addictive, amazing 4 player battle. First game of its kind. Time trials.... they can be intense competition once you learn the E break.
  8. MikeM.
    Apr 27, 2007
    This game isn't perfect. But damnit, what is? I love this game, and if I had to play it to save my life, well damn, I'm pretty sure I'd be safe. The sheer fact that it's a retarded game makes it great. The characters are wacky, so people love them. The realism in this game is in the negatives, and people love it. This game's cons are nothing mroe than hidden pros. This game isn't perfect. But damnit, what is? I love this game, and if I had to play it to save my life, well damn, I'm pretty sure I'd be safe. The sheer fact that it's a retarded game makes it great. The characters are wacky, so people love them. The realism in this game is in the negatives, and people love it. This game's cons are nothing mroe than hidden pros. All all around greatness, and just because SNES might have had a better Mario Kart, doesn't mean this one's horrible. Expand
  9. Aug 15, 2016
    The best overall racing game EVER made. Period. I can't help but remember the joy I felt everytime I played this game with family and friends, the level of joy was just over 9000.
  10. Apr 29, 2011
    A classic kart racing game that's essential to anyone's N64, if you still play it. Pros: It's shrouded in charm and originality; a small, but satisfying variety of unforgettable characters and weapons; multi-player mode is an endless amount of fun. Cons: The single-player mode is tiresome after awhile; it's not the best looking Mario game on the N64.
  11. Jun 7, 2011
    Wow this game is AMAZING! I don't have it on the original N64 console,but who needs it! I got the Virtual Console service by my side!Anyway this is the only racing game I play, no other. And it has my favorite plummer...MARIO! Soooo, in conclusion i love this game and it's a masterpiece to me.
  12. Jan 16, 2012
    This game is **** awesome. **** **** I am in 2012 now and still play this game a lot! **** awesome game, all of my friends love to play it in multi-player when they come over my house for a all night game session!
  13. Jul 5, 2012
    Maybe not the best version of Mario Kart out there, but probably the most sheer fun. Possibly the best multiplayer avaliable in video games, great maps, free-for-all battle mode... who am I kidding, it IS the best Mario Kart out there.
  14. Aug 16, 2012
    Mario Kart 64 is THE definitive kart racing game. Power-ups are a great addition to a racing game and this game paved the way for games over a decade after it's release. If you even call yourself a gamer, this should be somewhere in your collection.
  15. Aug 6, 2013
    The best Mario Kart of all time! HANDS DOWN!

Best of all: No blue shells being used by the computer!

This is a great classic game in the Mario Kart franchise and I think the very best in the series.
  16. Jun 30, 2014
    This was pretty much my first video-game experience. I remember visiting my Dad in Switzerland when he showed us he'd got this. The excitement of unboxing that N64 bundle with this game hasn't been matched to this day! Me, my brother and my father spent hours and hours racing each other and battling on the awesome battle arenas (particularly block fort and double decker). This game isThis was pretty much my first video-game experience. I remember visiting my Dad in Switzerland when he showed us he'd got this. The excitement of unboxing that N64 bundle with this game hasn't been matched to this day! Me, my brother and my father spent hours and hours racing each other and battling on the awesome battle arenas (particularly block fort and double decker). This game is really what started my life-long love affair with Nintendo. The tracks were amazing, the music was just as good and the crazy weapons made this game a hell of a lot of laughs every time we put the cartridge in! An all-time favourite for sure, with so many childhood memories in that cartridge. Expand
  17. Sep 7, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played, the only problem is the steering other than that it is perfect.This game has one of the best battle mode maps,some great racing maps and it is still playable.
  18. Oct 7, 2014
    This is one of the most funnest games I ever played, I love playing 4 player mode on here, i wish they would make a remake of this on the Wii U with the same graphics
  19. Aug 31, 2015
    I haven't gone a year in my life without playing this game and completing it over and over again just to cope with the sadness that happens in my life. This game is a memory of mine, something that will stick with me forever. This game is fun, it has creative tracks, a fantastic soundtrack, and can provide hours upon hours of fun with friends, especially taking on the 150cc and mirror cupI haven't gone a year in my life without playing this game and completing it over and over again just to cope with the sadness that happens in my life. This game is a memory of mine, something that will stick with me forever. This game is fun, it has creative tracks, a fantastic soundtrack, and can provide hours upon hours of fun with friends, especially taking on the 150cc and mirror cup with two players!

This game has sunk probably over 1500 hours of my life into it, and I recommend it for any player. This game is something that will be in my heart forever. Thank you Shigeru Miyamoto. Thank you Nintendo. I will continue to play this, and your games, for the rest of my life.
  20. Feb 7, 2016
    The best entry in the mario kart series,it hasnt aged.also,it has one of the best battle modes,best tracks,and best items.before it was a 9,now that it aged well,its a 10.my fav game on the 64
  21. Feb 20, 2017
    This game is the best multiplayer experience on the n64 and one of the best multiplayer experiences of all time. However, Mariokart 64 is also a very fun single player experience, this game has some of the best race tracks in the series. Mariokart 64 is the game that redefined kart racing, and it never gets boring.
  22. MichaelW.
    Jun 29, 2003
    It's the best.
  23. PYL.
    Apr 15, 2004
    This game has a great learning curve that you can develop at first learning how to do the Mini Turbos whith that all new joystick. Then learning different techniques that help you improve.
  24. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Oh mario kart is fun. multiplayer mode had me and my friends playing for hours. great game.
  25. RobertC.
    Feb 22, 2004
    July 27, 1997...my older brother gets one of these new Nintendo 64s. With it were two games that would start more than 4 years worth of gaming nirvana. The first game I put in to play was Mario Kart 64. I had some memory of the original Mario Kart, which I throughly enjoyed. Once I'm able to get on my way to a time-trial, I'm shocked for one by the graphics, and the fact I July 27, 1997...my older brother gets one of these new Nintendo 64s. With it were two games that would start more than 4 years worth of gaming nirvana. The first game I put in to play was Mario Kart 64. I had some memory of the original Mario Kart, which I throughly enjoyed. Once I'm able to get on my way to a time-trial, I'm shocked for one by the graphics, and the fact I couldn't move my kart! Appears I have to use one of these confounded joysticks...and I never looked back. Saddest thing though is when I look at this Mario Kart compared to Duble Dash, I'm thinking: "Holy...those graphics look like crap!". Expand
  26. AxewhipeS.
    Jan 15, 2008
    One of the best games when it came out & still is the N64 had that long lasting appeal that made you want to go back to those games, This game is great fun for all, 1 player has the tracks & time trials & multiplayer allows you to battle & race. An Amazing game, Kramer C obviously doesn't know who, what, or where he is & has amnesia & thought he was playing LAIR.
  27. Jan 19, 2011
    Loved this game it was amazing to play with friends. Easily spent metric ton of hours playing this at my house and over at friends houses. The only downside? only four players could play at a time!
  28. Apr 27, 2011
    Mario Kart 64 was mi first game ever. When you play this game today it wil be stil fun. The gameplay is fantastic and the soundtrack is awesome. The only bad thing is that nothing is perfect.
  29. Jul 26, 2011
    Out of all the Mario Kart games , in top of my list comes Mario Kart 64 definitely , the major improvement comes in the gameplay and graphics. Goofy, fun addicting and bizarre.

#2 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1997
#3 Most Shared N64 Game of 1997

1. It's the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen! An incredible game for racing and Mario fans that is the best of both catagories (that's right, better than Mario 64)!
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    And on the eighth day, God created Mario Kart. He saw it, and it was good. [Jan 2004, p.189]
  3. Although it doesn't break any new grounds in originality (like Mario 64), Mario Kart 64 is a great addition to the N64 line-up. The solid graphics, good sound, and addictive gameplay--coupled with features like being able to race yourself (from a former race) in a special ghost mode--make you want to play it forever.