Mario Party Nintendo 64

7.9

1. Jul 15, 2016
    Fun minigames they are really great! The music is good too! This game CAN be very hard at a lot of points. The game is cruel but that is what makes it fun!
  2. Apr 14, 2016
    Unfortunately, Metacritic's critics only gave the first Mario Party a positive score, but gave the rest of the installments mixed scores. It means that the first will always be the best no matter what these users think.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    This is suck game . This suck game compete with Sonic Shuffle and Crash Bash , but Crash Bash better than Mario Party and Sonic Shuffle . Mario Party not interesting game . This is dull game . Very very bad graphics and not ineresting gameplay , but this game not many better than Sonic shuffle . Strong 1 of 10
  4. Mar 1, 2015
    This game is alright. A good start for the awesome series. The graphics are fine for N64. The minigames are pretty fun. The character selection is okay. The boards are great. Mario Party 1 is not the best in the series, but it is worth getting. The series started getting even better since 6.
  5. Mar 1, 2015
    This game is okay. There are many better games but this game is worth playing. The boards were awesome,the graphics are great for the N64 and is the same as Super Mario 64. The character selection is okay. It is your choice if you want to get it or not.
  6. Jul 24, 2014
    WARNING - this game breaks friendships! This is the best advice I can tell you! Prepare to play with your friends and have the best multiplayer moments of N64! This game is the meaning of fun! Playing with family or friends, the fun is guaranteed! This game is SO legendary that we're about to have the Mario Party 10! Yes, 9 sequences of this amazing game!
  7. Jul 1, 2014
    Completely boring as a single-player game but a hell of a lot of fun in multiplayer. I loved the gameplay that the boards added and there was some great mini-games on offer. Unfortunately there was also a few that weren't so great. Overall though a hell of a lot of fun.
  8. Apr 18, 2014
    I would not recommend this. The RNG in the game is all Bias towards one character. This game could destroy friendships and severe families. For your own sakes, don't buy this game.
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    This is the greatest game I have ever played besides Twilight Princess. Almost every single mini-game is fun and enjoyable to play. However, it is best to play with multiple people.
  10. Oct 27, 2013
    The game is fun, the voices are amusing, the mini-games are good, and the mini-games that involves rotating the analog stick leads me to say, "oooooowwwwwwww." If this game is going to be out on the Virtual Console, Nintendo should replace the analog mechanics with repeated button pressing
  11. May 4, 2013
    Mario Party is one of the multiplayer games that are fun, yet frustrating games, control wise. The first two games in the series are probably the best to my opinion, in terms of mini-games and gameplay. There is not much to say play with your friends!
  12. Mar 10, 2013
    Makes only multiplayer sense.
  13. May 22, 2012
    The game that started the parties fashion. The adventure mode was great and still is a good fun if you manage to play with friends (if your controllers aren't all broken).
  14. Jan 21, 2012
    The original and still one of the best ones. This game is awesome, I love every part of it, the newer ones have more characters, more stages, a different playing styles, but this my favorite Mario Party. Nostalgia may be playing a big role in my love for this game but it doesn't matter to me. I'll still play this game on my N64 to this day.
  15. Nov 27, 2011
    Mario changed the party game genre as well. With a ton of minigames to play, it is hard to get bored of this game in a few hours. The graphics and sound in the game are okay.
  16. Nov 6, 2011
    This game has survived for over 11 years. Just about everytime friends are over i try to get them to play this. It truly is an astonishing classic which revolutionised the board game industry. If i could show you my face when playing this i would
  17. WhyNot?
    Feb 8, 2009
    The first in a series is usually the best, and Mario Party is no exception. Although there are only 6 characters and 8 boards, once you start playing, you'll see why it doesn't need any more. The mini-games -- all 50 of them -- are what you really want to play this game for, and only a couple fall short of expectations. However, twirling the control stick can get a bit painful. The first in a series is usually the best, and Mario Party is no exception. Although there are only 6 characters and 8 boards, once you start playing, you'll see why it doesn't need any more. The mini-games -- all 50 of them -- are what you really want to play this game for, and only a couple fall short of expectations. However, twirling the control stick can get a bit painful. The one place where this game lacks is the story -- it's basically nonexistent. All you do is play a board game. A revolutionary, virtual board game. I give Mario Party an 84/100. Collapse
  18. MichaelS.
    Aug 12, 2007
    The first party game, a classic.
  19. ZeroX
    Aug 17, 2005
    It's a good game but it was all mini-games and the story sucked.
  20. mutatedkangaroo
    Jun 4, 2005
    The two things keeping this game from getting a ten are the broken joystick in my controller and the huge blisters on my palm
  21. RobertA.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Yes this game was very fun. not too challenging. i was one of the sorry souls to use the palm of my hand to spin around the joystick. beware, the joystick will dig a hole into your hand. fun game though :)
  22. MitchellL.
    Aug 6, 2003
    When I got this game I could not put it down the story sound and the wacky mini games are all just about as great as it could get but it got a little tidius that's why I gave it an 8.

#6 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999
#4 Most Shared N64 Game of 1999

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - 31 silver
  2. A perfect, addictive blend of luck, skill, and strategy … anything can happen in a game of Mario Party, and that's what makes it such unique and enjoyable game. Throw your coat on the bed in the guest room, because you're going to be staying a while.
  3. Mario creates another new genre and further demonstrates why the N64 is the system for party animals. The first game of it's kind … for groups of three or four people, though, Mario Party is a Nintendo 64 classic.