8.9

1. Feb 29, 2012
    BenjaminB. is a freaking loonatic. This game oozes with creativity, and unique gameplay DK64 failed to offer. Not that DK64 was a bad game, it's like comparing salt to sugar. They're two completely different things. All in all, wonderful game.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    Well, Rayman 2: The Great Escape was certainly a great addition to my gaming collection as a young child. I honestly didn't expect to be hooked as much to Rayman 2, considering I found the first instalment to be particularly frustrating. However, I loved it. The controls were practically flawless, with a few minor hiccups, like when the camera angle suddenly spun around and you forget which way you're supposed to be heading. Was it left, or right? The audio was absolutely amazing. Tension when tension was required, and excitement when excitement was required. The only part of this game I didn't particularly enjoy was the storyline. There was simply too many characters to understand what was going on when I was a child. However, I didn't let this bother me. Some levels were incredibly hard (The Sanctuary of Stone and Fire to name just one), however I had good fun giving them a go. I am awaiting the arrival of Rayman 3D on the Nintendo 3DS (which is this game, but on the 3DS). I hope it's just as good and too many things haven't changed, otherwise I may never get another chance to play this game... Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2012
    Well, this was one of the first games i played as a kid, and I can honestly say, that it is still one of my favourites. It held beautiful art and graphics that just captivated you; puzzling challenges that can keep you thrilled; and a simple, yet adorable story, that leads through this mystical world...

1. Quite simply, it's a game you have to play if you like playing games. Its combination of old and new school elements make Rayman 2 a breath of fresh air in the flood of titles released this holiday season. Don't miss it.
  2. To say that Rayman 2 impressed me would be a tremendous understatement. About the only blemish the game has is its lack of any multiplayer contests.
  3. This game plays as good as it looks. Rayman himself responds perfectly to the analogue stick and it doesn’t take very long before controlling him becomes second nature, leaving you to focus your attention on the aweinspiring graphics and infinitely interesting environments. In fact, I can say with a clear conscious that Rayman 2 is absolutely THE BEST FORCED PATH 3D PLATFORMER ON ANY SYSTEM TO DATE. PERIOD.