Resident Evil 2 Nintendo 64
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Jun 23, 2011
    Still a fun game after all these years, and a surprisingly good port, considering the FMV limitations of the n64 cartridge format. They managed to cram the entire 2 disc game onto one giant cartridge, full motion video and all. The downside to the FMV is that it had to be compressed, resulting in tinnier sounding audio, and smaller, blurry video, but it's their in its entirety. Some of the static backgrounds in the game aren't quite as eye popping as their Playstation or Dreamcast counterparts also, but the polygonal characters look much sharper. The N64 version had the option to change the color of the blood to blue or green, and had a cool randomizer feature that placed objects in different spaces every time you played a new game. If you can deal with the dated mechanics of the old style Resident Evil games, and still have your N64, Resident Evil 2 is well worth picking up. Great old school, horror fun! Expand
  2. May 29, 2012
    The best Resident Evil in my opinion. Leon was a very cool character. Racoon City was very interesting to explore and the puzzles were well designed. The game wasn't too long but was very intense. The only bad point are the graphics, direct port from PS, an inferior hardware.
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    I had a good time playing it. Definitely a must have nintendo 64 title. Good atmosphere, fine gameplay and a good story. When I play this game I don't really feel it has aged much, maybe that is just me. To those people that say "Oooh. the graphics are bad, and also the gameplay is hard" How ignorant can you be? How can you call yourself a gamer and not know that games before before xbox 360 and ps3, all had bad graphics. Look up any game before 2000. Do you even know that games age? This game was great for it's time. Expand
  4. Jun 18, 2013
    One of the first games I ever played, I just cant put in words how epic this game is, one of my favorites from the resident evil franchise. shame where the franchise is going at the moment though.
  5. Nov 23, 2013
    This was the first Resident Evil Game I ever played. Yes i did play it on n64 first and i loved it. Even though the controls were bad and some of the models don't look that great the game was still in tact. The story was amazing the enemy design is still pretty good compared to todays standards, it looks really nice (HD remake please capcom), LOVE the weapons, and the dialouge sounds nice even though the voice actors weren't that compentent. So if you want to see a video review in about two weeks from the post of the review look up my review of Resident Evil 2 N64 on youtube thx bye. Expand

1. Those that have yet to experience RE2 are missing out. Especially those in love with Acclaim’s Shadowman should appreciate this game. It’s a mature game with visuals to rave about and game play not far behind.
  2. Resident Evil 2 is not just a great game, but also proof that the N64 can do the supposedly impossible when developers put their minds to it. An incredible achievement.
    Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo 64 is, quite frankly, the best version of the game anybody living in the US is going to get. It boasts improved visuals thanks to the 4MB Expansion Pak, enhanced high-resolution mode and smoothened out pre-rendered backdrops with no jaggies.