Star Fox 64 Nintendo 64
8.9

1. Dec 1, 2014
    Do i hear worst star fox game ever? There aren't mini mushrooms in this one, And for some reason you can't ground pound Ridiculous!! and worst of all there is no super sonic power up.
  2. Dec 1, 2014
    Seriously? This is a Star Fox game? Where did Master Chief go exactly? Where are the mini games after each turn? This is by far, the worst Star Fox game to date. I can't believe this was actually made. Why is tripping still in the game? Why are the guns so unbalanced? I would love to have all of these questions answered, but it still wouldn't fix this broken game.
  3. Ghostbuddy
    Apr 18, 2008
    Star Fox was a great achievement. Everything from its addicting gameplay, to its ridicious but memorable dialouge makes this a great game. This was the first game that I played that had multiple plot paths and multiple endings. This was the first game I played like crazy. But it certainly wasn't the last. It has been 11 years since I played this game as a young child. But I still Star Fox was a great achievement. Everything from its addicting gameplay, to its ridicious but memorable dialouge makes this a great game. This was the first game that I played that had multiple plot paths and multiple endings. This was the first game I played like crazy. But it certainly wasn't the last. It has been 11 years since I played this game as a young child. But I still remember this game fondly. Expand
  4. AxewhipeS.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Classic game. One of the Top Nintendo 64 games The game plays great, The Music is epic, The Story is memorable, The Voice acting is good but repetitive ( "Do a barrel roll!" ) & Once you beat the game you can beat it again in a totally new way. There is even a multiplayer option which isn't as bad as people tell me. I find the multiplayer fun, It's no Super Smash Bros. but still Classic game. One of the Top Nintendo 64 games The game plays great, The Music is epic, The Story is memorable, The Voice acting is good but repetitive ( "Do a barrel roll!" ) & Once you beat the game you can beat it again in a totally new way. There is even a multiplayer option which isn't as bad as people tell me. I find the multiplayer fun, It's no Super Smash Bros. but still fun. Overall the new missions will keep you coming back & It is so much fun you will play the old & new missions & you may play so much you may get to know the voice acting by heart. Expand
  5. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    I have beat this game in every possible way and i still play at least one hour a day!!!!!!!!!
  6. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    Golly...in all honesty, I could not put this game down. I remember I played for six hours straight on many occasions...just wow.
  7. JonathanG.
    May 21, 2006
    Definitely one of the best in my book. This game is a true classic. Even though I have beaten is 50 I still love to spend the 40 min. beating it. I do wish that you could save your progress throught the story though. Way better than the GC star fox games.
  8. MikeM.
    Apr 27, 2007
    This game is certainly dated. That being said, it's release on Wii's Virtual Console definitely brought back this game. With past failures (Adventures and Assault, although they are both great games, they just didn't fall into the same category as this one.), this game brings back the old and faithfuls inside all of us, and makes us want to go back to 1997 and be children This game is certainly dated. That being said, it's release on Wii's Virtual Console definitely brought back this game. With past failures (Adventures and Assault, although they are both great games, they just didn't fall into the same category as this one.), this game brings back the old and faithfuls inside all of us, and makes us want to go back to 1997 and be children (or whatever you were then.) Expand
  9. BenjaminB.
    May 10, 2007
    Actually I don't like these kind of games, but when I played star fox 64 I was overwhelmed. it has a great gameplay, an absolutely fair and balanced difficulty, a great atmosphere and (for the 64) great graphics. the only problem is that it's just too short.
  10. BenjaminP
    Sep 25, 2007
    Wow! I've never expected N64 games can have perfect graphics! It has wonderful storyline, and it's very addictive. Star Fox 64 is a game that never gets old.
  11. Jan 10, 2011
    Ah yes. Good ol' Lylat Wars. (Or Star Fox 64) Surely one of the greatest games of all time. The gameplay is really fun and it has replay value due to its multiple endings. The graphics are great for an N64 game. The controls are responsive and do a great job to navigate you through its challenging levels. The characters are great and have varied personalities even though Slippy is well,Ah yes. Good ol' Lylat Wars. (Or Star Fox 64) Surely one of the greatest games of all time. The gameplay is really fun and it has replay value due to its multiple endings. The graphics are great for an N64 game. The controls are responsive and do a great job to navigate you through its challenging levels. The characters are great and have varied personalities even though Slippy is well, himself. Also, luckily Panther isn't in the game. Very lucky. It does get repetitive though... It's still a classic and I'd give a 9.5 if I could, but I can't. Unfortunately for poor of Fox and crew the later sequels are pretty bad (well, Star Fox Assault...ergh...). Hope they return to their glory days. I've also heard that Platinum Games want to make a Star Fox Game. Hope it works if they do get to it... Expand
  12. Jan 19, 2011
    I came to play this game late. Never really interested, but it still tried it. I loved it and I am pretty sure I played from start to finish in one sitting... that sounds too insane but I think it's accurate.
  13. Mar 22, 2011
    star fox on the SNES was alot of fun and the N64 version is even better with multiple paths extending the amount of times you can play it along with very nice graphics for its day . the new addition of taking you into free roam combat and fighting the evil star wolf force was alot of fun . if you loved the old star fox you will love the 64 version . now why cant they make a great star foxstar fox on the SNES was alot of fun and the N64 version is even better with multiple paths extending the amount of times you can play it along with very nice graphics for its day . the new addition of taking you into free roam combat and fighting the evil star wolf force was alot of fun . if you loved the old star fox you will love the 64 version . now why cant they make a great star fox game like this for the wii? Expand
  14. Aug 14, 2011
    A thoroughly original and addictive game with fluid gameplay and a large cast of characters. Fast paced and large scale action make this a game that showed what the N64 was capable of. Maneuvering in all range battles can often be tricky but apart from this there is little that holds the game back.
  15. Jan 7, 2012
    Star Fox might not be the benchmark for flight simulators (and I call it that loosely) and the length may not be the longest, but it is non the less a great game that still can be a lot of fun. Don't expect a legendary game, but don't be surprised if you find yourself getting the urge to play despite the fact it is 15 years old.
  16. Feb 8, 2012
    You will never find a greater game than this. If you plan on getting playing on the Nintendo 64 ever and you haven't played this, you are missing out on one of the greatest 64 games conceived. Memorable characters and lines (Do a barrel roll!), fun combat, and replayibility up the whazoo.
  17. Mar 4, 2012
    Great graphics for the game system, and a wonderful story that has had me hooked for years. It has addicting game play that allows you to keep playing the game over and over again. It is the best game of the star fox franchise, the best game on the nintendo 64, and i think the best video game overall.
  18. May 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This a really fun game and i love it you feel awesome when you are piloting the arwing its really addicting and shooting things just gives you an awesome feeling the sad thing is this game is way to short for asfun as it is there are different levels to unlock through doing certain things like if you save the base and defeat star wolf on one mission then you can have a choice but if you fail to do so you are stuck with only the choice of one level all in all its a good game though Expand
  19. May 23, 2012
    Star Fox 64

Star Fox 64

Graphics 9/10- look amazing, extremely detailed environments and textures for N64 standards. The rumble pack was used for the first time in this game, enhancing the vibrating controller experience. Some points have enemies and texture pop-ups a bit too close to the player. Many items and textures can fit on screen, but this sometimes results in the game taking a slowdown, fortunately this only seems to happen on the non-arwing stages. The laser blasts and bombs are colorful and cartoonish.

Sound 8/10- pretty solid, voice acting is corny but well done, sound effects are awesome to hear and correspond with the gameplay perfectly. The music and soundtrack differs in each linear stage and some sandbox stages, giving an atmospheric feel for the level design and situational urgency it has to offer. The boss music is the same throughout the game minus the final boss and Star Wolf's theme, but the track itself is pretty stimulating and appropriate. Gameplay 9/10- addictive, and stimulating, so much is happening on screen at once, enemy variety certainly helps and even though some may be disappointed with the generic cookie-cutter enemies that die with one shot and lack of difficulty. Choosing multiple paths and two different endings give it much replay ability value. Boss fights are fought in either a sandbox or POV fashion. They are generally easy and not too challenging, though there are some exceptions. Minus the sandbox levels, each stage ends with a boss battle. Defeating these bosses under certain conditions can unlock multiple paths to take upon completion, but you arenâ
  20. Aug 16, 2012
    Star Fox 64 is one of those amazing games that cannot be described in words, as nothing I can say will be adequate enough to describe an amazing thing that can only be experience firsthand. This is a game you simply must try.
  21. Mar 3, 2013
    Star Fox 64 has great graphics, good controls and i like that there is more than one route to complete the game. The major problem is the difficulty, its way to easy. However its fun.
  22. Apr 20, 2013
    One of the greatest games I've ever played and very close to being the best N64 game of all time. Replayability is practically endless and the game's challenging and varies enough for you to want to keep playing.
  23. Jun 18, 2013
    Uno de los mejores juegos de la nintendo 64 y de la historia en su género. Los personajes están llenos de carisma, múltiples caminos alternativos en la historia, secretos, curiosidades y muchas cosas más que lo hacen muy rejugable. Divertidísimo.
  24. Jun 27, 2013
    Star Fox 64 is the best Star Fox game to date. Everything about it, from the awesome graphics to the crazy shooter action, is near perfect. You can't go wrong with this game. The only gripe I have with this game is Peppy the freaking toad. God, he's annoying.
  25. Sep 11, 2013
    Man I really love this game. I played this game all the time when I was a kid, and now looking back on it, Star Fox 64 was better than I ever remembered. And hey who could forget the classic quote "Do a Barrel Roll!"? But Slippy Toad though has to be the most annoying character in this game. But so with great music wonderful graphics and addicting gameplay, Star Fox 64 is a classic. Score: 4/5.
  26. Sep 23, 2013
    Star Fox is one of the most popular games on the N64, and for good reason too; it brought new ideas to the video gaming board. Sure, Star Fox wasn't the first piloting game, but it was the first piloting game to give the player a 3D perspective of the whole game (Or at least the first one to master it). It may not seem like a huge deal, but Super Mario 64 did the same thing with showingStar Fox is one of the most popular games on the N64, and for good reason too; it brought new ideas to the video gaming board. Sure, Star Fox wasn't the first piloting game, but it was the first piloting game to give the player a 3D perspective of the whole game (Or at least the first one to master it). It may not seem like a huge deal, but Super Mario 64 did the same thing with showing the possibilities of a 3D game, and it was one of the greatest games made.
    The keyword to this whole situation is "Master". For a game to be good, you have to expand and evaluate on the ideas and concepts on a game. To master a game, you have to do that, plus achieve every subconscious way to attract the player. Star Fox did this, and quite well at that. It put its new mechanics to the test, not with gimmicks, but with trivial or optional situations. It found a way to have mini-obstacles in the game for the player to experiment with, like random hoops or enemy formations. It also excelled in the combat system as well. It accomplished great control-ability, and smooth movement which gave the player a feel of complete control, especially with moves like the famous "Barrel roll".
    The main thing that makes Star Fox so great is that it's hard to find anything wrong with the game. Though, there are the cheesy lines and acting, the over-easy levels at times, and the lack of cooperation with teammates, those problems are minor. You have to look at the game as a whole, and look at what appealed to you the most. In Star Fox 64, there is much to appeal to you, and you will most definitely come back to play again (Most likely to find out how to play on those other planets).
  27. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 8.0 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.0 Fun/Story: 8.2

Good graphics (one of the first N64 games), great replay value and outstanding gameplay. Good multiplayer.
  28. Jun 21, 2014
    This is the game that got me into star fox even though I played it through emulation. I think this game is the best in the franchise and is by far the fastest. This game also offers some of the best graphics that the n64 is capable of along with good quality music ( not always good though). The joystick makes the game play smoothly and the controls are easy to learn because peppy tells youThis is the game that got me into star fox even though I played it through emulation. I think this game is the best in the franchise and is by far the fastest. This game also offers some of the best graphics that the n64 is capable of along with good quality music ( not always good though). The joystick makes the game play smoothly and the controls are easy to learn because peppy tells you during the level like how to do a barrel roll at the begining. Some bad things are fairly minor but beware on the last level there is a possibility you won't go down the tunnel to the final boss you must reset the game. Overall a good game with a major bug that is rare to find But I say get it on the 3ds if you don't have an n64 or if you have an emulator I say download it Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2014
    This game is awesome fun. The story is cheesy but I loved the characters as a kid (and still do) and the missions were varied and always fun (as well as challenging). Being unable to save during the single-player was a bit of a pain however and the game was pretty short but very high on replay value. The multiplayer was really fun too although it could have done with a few more maps orThis game is awesome fun. The story is cheesy but I loved the characters as a kid (and still do) and the missions were varied and always fun (as well as challenging). Being unable to save during the single-player was a bit of a pain however and the game was pretty short but very high on replay value. The multiplayer was really fun too although it could have done with a few more maps or modes. It's still my favourite space-shooter to this day. Expand
  30. Jul 8, 2015
    Solid graphics, extremely high replay value, interesting characters and levels, sufficient story-line...even the sound effects and music are pretty legit. Almost twenty years later, and this N64 game is still fun to play.

1. It's the shoot 'em up of shoot 'em ups. Star Fox 64 shouldn't be seen as a sequel to the SNES Star Fox, however. It's more of a director's cut to an old, great film.
  2. It features nice graphics, wonderful sound, addictive gameplay, and a lot of replay value.
  3. A very pretty reprise of the original Star Fox story, but with new stuff. [Jan 2004, p.189]