Super Mario 64 Nintendo 64
9.2

1. Sep 17, 2012
    sorry to say, but I loved Mario on NES and SNES, but this was an insult to the Mario series. Collecting stars? No thanks. I much rather the platforming get to the end of the level style.
  2. Feb 16, 2012
    The model quality is just plain horrible with some ps1 games looking better. It has clunky controls and a bad camera also it makes a really annoying sound when you move the camera. Most of the stars are tedious to get and they reuse the worlds(2 ice worlds for gods sake). If you want a good 3d platformer on the n64, go play banjo kazooie.
  3. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficultI'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficult than it should be. The graphics are smooth and there is a decent amount of variety in level design. The music is mostly your generic happy platforming music although Bowser's Road and Dire Dire Docks are exceptions to this. Super Mario 64 suffers from some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in my life. The worst part? The worst voice acting in the whole game is the first thing you hear when starting the game.

Overall, while Super Mario 64 was innovative and mindblowing when it was released in May 1996, it aged very quickly and time has not been kind to it at all, making what was once amazing back then, a bad game now.
  4. Jul 9, 2014
    This game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some ofThis game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some of the level designs. Although many PS1 games looked way better such as Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot Expand
  5. Dec 9, 2014
    What happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets aWhat happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets a solid 10/10. Expand

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!