Super Mario 64 Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Jul 30, 2016
    Super Mario 64 is revolutionary game and best selling game on N64, I think this game much better than Ocarina of Time . Graphics for 1996 is ideal and N64 is revolutionary console and in this game very good storyline, gameplay is very amazing, Very awesome game, best game on N64 and one of the best Mario Games .
  2. Jul 30, 2016
    Still one more Mario game. And again legendary. It's just... just wonderful game of all time. But Galaxy better, but once - first GLOBAL 3D game, having cool graphics and MOAR, MOAR, MOAR, MOAR. Nintendo - you best)
  3. Jul 3, 2016
    My 2nd favorite Mario game is this one. The controls feels so free. Not in the bad way. The levels are awesome and the bosses are too. This has to be the 3rd best nintendo 64 game. I recommend everyone play it. It's 100% awesome!
  4. May 28, 2016
    the concept of colect stars can sound very boring, but when you play it you will love this game. with mario 64 you have a lot of hours to play. you have a lot of things to do and the levels are very varied.
  5. Apr 19, 2016
    Es el primer videojuego de Nintendo al que jugué y prácticamente al primero que jugué en mi infancia. En la actualidad puede que ya no resulte complicado manejarlo pero entonces, que no estábamos acostumbrados al 3D con joystic y más aún si eras crío y comenzabas a jugar, el juego era muy complicado. Era un reto aprender a manejarlo pero cuando lo conseguías merecía la pena. Los mundosEs el primer videojuego de Nintendo al que jugué y prácticamente al primero que jugué en mi infancia. En la actualidad puede que ya no resulte complicado manejarlo pero entonces, que no estábamos acostumbrados al 3D con joystic y más aún si eras crío y comenzabas a jugar, el juego era muy complicado. Era un reto aprender a manejarlo pero cuando lo conseguías merecía la pena. Los mundos rebosan personalidad y diversión. Es uno de los mejores videojuegos de la historia y en está en mi lista de favoritos. Marcó los compases que seguirían la mayoría de juegos 3D en la actualidad y reinventó el genero de las plataformas. Mítico y único. Si lo juegas te divertirá seguro. Expand
  6. Apr 13, 2016
    Possibly the greatest game ever made, or at least in the top 5 of every game ever made. This game will be 20 in a few months and no game yet has rivaled what this game has done in gameplay, worlds, soundtrack, graphics (for the technology back then) or immersion.
  7. Apr 13, 2016
    Me parece el plataformas en 3d por excelencia.Los niveles son muy variados y tiene una musica muy pegadiza.Marca un antes y un despues en los videojuegos
  8. Mar 24, 2016
    The standard setter for all 3D platform games to come, Super Mario 64 develops a fantastic camera system and tight controls for the best experience on the Nintendo 64, in my opinion.

Nintendo do it best when it comes to launch titles, and the time you spend trying to capture all 120 stars will be rewarding and fun. For me, it is still one of the best games ever created.
  9. Mar 12, 2016
    I reviewed all of the classic Mario games now, and it's finally time for me to review this game. God damn, this game is awesome. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. To start off, we have the average everyday plot of a Mario game, so I won't have to spoil it. You go into the castle nearby and you jump into a painting to enter a stage. Something similar has been in every 3D MarioI reviewed all of the classic Mario games now, and it's finally time for me to review this game. God damn, this game is awesome. One of my favorite games of all time, actually. To start off, we have the average everyday plot of a Mario game, so I won't have to spoil it. You go into the castle nearby and you jump into a painting to enter a stage. Something similar has been in every 3D Mario game since. Most stages contain boss fights, which is fine by me. However, they're all pretty easy, so don't expect a challenge. Even the Bowser fights are no challenge. Despite this, the level design is great, the soundtrack is awesome, and the graphics... while not the best for the N64, are still pretty good. Overall, Mario 64 is a kick ass game and my favorite Mario game of all time. Expand
  10. Feb 19, 2016
    ótimo jogo. extremamente criativo na questão do mario entrar nos quadros. ótima trilha sonora, senários muito bem feitos, ótima jogabilidade. só faltou uma coisa: o luigi.
  11. Jan 28, 2016
    Ok, I'm not sure about it being a Mario game makes it bad to the kids who play Call of Duty all day... but who cares! This classical Super Mario 64 will keep you on from playing several hours and hours until you complete the game! After completing the game, you have several things to do left or just call the game a collector's item.
  12. Jan 4, 2016
    The granddaddy of all 3d platformers! Super Mario 64 is basically my childhood! It still remains a personal favorite and game I cherish both in the 3d platformer genre as well as all 3D video games in general.
  13. Dec 28, 2015
    ok first of all please ignore most of the negative reviews there pepole that have played games from now went played this game and thought it was bed becuse its not like games now the graphics are very smooth and the game play is great sometimes the camera is meh but this is a game that sparked the generation and changed gameing
  14. Dec 28, 2015
    Still the best game I've ever played, and I still play it to this day, replaying it every so often. Even ignoring how revolutionary it was in it's time in every possible way (graphics, design, control, sound), it holds up today in almost every respect. My favourite game of all time.
  15. Oct 1, 2015
    Tier 1
    + Obviously a genre-defining classic
    + Displays a crazy amount of innovation and diversity in the unique 3D platforming gameplay and mechanics available + Offers a compelling world full of delightful and surreal visual themes and aesthetics + Allows the player some freedom in their progression through the gameplay ? Particularly steep skill curve later in the game could
    Tier 1
    + Obviously a genre-defining classic
    + Allows the player some freedom in their progression through the gameplay
    ? Particularly steep skill curve later in the game could frustrate some
    ? Very involved completionist requirements with some challenges that could feel tedious (such as 100 coin stars)
  16. Aug 15, 2015
    I give this game a 10 because it has a lot of depth and is considered the best game on the N64. There is lots to explore and lots to collect. There is a wide variety of worlds, ranging from fields, to desert, to flooded towns, to even inside a clock! The 100 coin stars are cool too, and add an extra objective. I had a lot of fun with this as a child and still play it today! 10/10!
  17. Aug 3, 2015
    What is there left to say about this game that hasn't been said? One of the strongest launch titles, one of the strongest mario games and frankly - one of the best gaming experiences you can have if you like platformers.
  18. May 31, 2015
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Un juego revolucionario, una obra maestra inolvidable
    Una noche de navidad ansioso esperando que regalo me llegaría, llega un paquete grande con una de las mejores consolas de la historia y dentro esta maravilla de juego que aun conservo, fue uno de los momentos mas mágicos al poner el cartucho en la n64 y ver a mario en 3d fue alucinante.. uno de los juegos mas revolucionarios de la historia, el juego que puso las bases en 3D y con un control perfecto era mario 64 que se puede decir de este juego que no se aya dicho antes bueno aquí va mi análisis este juego radia magia por donde se le mire su gran banda sonora es hoy en día una de las mejores de la historia para un juego de la saga mario, el paso 2d a 3d a la perfección que muchos juegos no lograron y perdieron calidad , pues miyamoto lo pudo lograr y creo una obra maestra , con una jugabilidad espectacular, donde el control fue exclusivamente creado para este juego.. explorar un mundo 3d para mi era algo nuevo y buscar las 120 estrellas era un reto, l
  19. May 26, 2015
    A very good video the best Nintendo 64 game ever. I say go play it but you most likely have just go play it again.....................................
  20. May 19, 2015
    over rated there were much better games out on n64 such as turok and that star wars game and mariokart 64 , this game in my memory being 32 now was not very good for the time and that was back in 96 my friend,

sega Saturn was better then this piece of crap
  21. Apr 16, 2015
    Bought this game on Wii U eShop Virtual Console and I do not regret my decision. This game is so fun. Everything is fantastic. I only have one complaint, and even this is probably the smallest complaint I've ever had on any game. I just don't the 'Game Over' music. But this is definitely one of the best games of all time. You can't miss out on this masterpiece. 10/10 definitely.
  22. Mar 24, 2015
    This is obviously the best 3D platformer of all time. If you rate this below a 7, your just not a real nerd/geek/gamer. This has amazing graphics, gameplay,swimming,levels,controls,camera and everything!
    THIS IS THE BEST MARIO GAME EVER!!!
  23. Mar 22, 2015
    Super Mario 64 doesn't quite hold up as well as Ocarina of Time did but you're definitely getting the quality experience you'd always expect from a Mario title. The worlds are huge and the gameplay is excellent just like always. Mario's never been on an adventure as grand as this one! From the Wing Cap to a Bob-omb war site to a pirate ship with an eel poking out, Mario 64 has something toSuper Mario 64 doesn't quite hold up as well as Ocarina of Time did but you're definitely getting the quality experience you'd always expect from a Mario title. The worlds are huge and the gameplay is excellent just like always. Mario's never been on an adventure as grand as this one! From the Wing Cap to a Bob-omb war site to a pirate ship with an eel poking out, Mario 64 has something to throw at you every single minute. Expand
  24. Mar 13, 2015
    my god who will hate this game everyone has the n64 love this game good good good gameplay graphics history one of the best marios games I have ever seen
  25. Feb 22, 2015
    Game: Super Mario 64
    Genre: Platformer Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo 64 (N64) Total Score: 90/100 Value Score: 9/10 • Story: 7/10 • Characters: 7/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Fantastic course design +Courses change depending on when you enter them and
    Game: Super Mario 64
    Genre: Platformer Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo 64 (N64)
    Total Score: 90/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Fantastic course design
    +Courses change depending on when you enter them and which Star you are going for
    +Gameplay mechanics give Mario more freedom than previous games
    +Gameplay Style changed from side scroller platformer from start to end towards collectathon on a open world environment.
    +Voiceovers for the first time in the series
    +Health style life bar gives players more chance of taking risks instead of being limited to one or two hits
    +Power ups are available but vary completely different from previous games such as the inclusion of Metal Mario, Invisible Mario and Winged Cap Mario
    +Fantastic Musical Score
    +A lot of replayability and lengthy single player mode to collect all of the power stars.

Cons
    -Certain invisible walls which may of been made in error or intentionally yet annoying that may end up costing you a life
    -Controls can be annoying thanks to the design of the N64 controller
  26. Feb 14, 2015
    The late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and theThe late 90's was the period of time when the 3 major series, Mario, Sonic, and Legend of Zelda were in 2D long enough, and they needed to make the leap into 3D, and each series did it nearly flawlessly! I got this game with my N64 on Christmas, as I am a very AVID retro gamer for my age. I love this game so far! The graphics are great for its time, the controls are precise, and the camera, well... I'll let you see that for yourself. And, this serves as a GREAT launch title for such a great video game console! This game is a lot of fun and I HIGHLY recommend it! Expand
  27. Jan 30, 2015
    This remarkable vidieo game is the most dear to me. It was huge childhood memory of happy fun early mornings of mario. The Music and maps are great. I will never forget these memories...
  28. Jan 14, 2015
    This Game is definitely THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! If you never play this game, go play RIGHT NOW! The controls, the levels, the castle... everything it´s perfect in this game. This game is a Masterpiece!
  29. Jan 10, 2015
    Where do i start? Everything about this game is fantastic. One of the best 3d plat former's to date even after 19 years. With over 120 starts to collect you'll come back to this game to find them all in 15 courses of the most original designs ever in a game. Mario flying around in a 3d environment is truly spectacular. No one will forget this game.
  30. Dec 20, 2014
    Super Mario 64 is the perfect opening game for the N64.
    With diverse level design, appealing graphics, Mario sounding music, great replay value,quite a bit of secrets , and a lot of devious challenges. There is only 1 thing that could be better :
    The changing camera angles
  31. Dec 16, 2014
    This is the third best 3D Mario game of all time, as well as one of my all time favourites. The graphics are stunning especially for N64 standards, the controls are precise, the gameplay was a lot of fun, the music was brilliantly catchy and memorable, the designs have been set of cartoony worlds like battlefield, fortress, water levels, winter levels, desert, volcano with lavas, desert,This is the third best 3D Mario game of all time, as well as one of my all time favourites. The graphics are stunning especially for N64 standards, the controls are precise, the gameplay was a lot of fun, the music was brilliantly catchy and memorable, the designs have been set of cartoony worlds like battlefield, fortress, water levels, winter levels, desert, volcano with lavas, desert, ghost mansion and magical fantasy worlds. Well designed for a N64 game. But I don't like the camera angles of this game, it gets frustrating at times and clunky at areas, despite this, It's not a good Mario game, it's brilliant Mario game, hands down. Expand
  32. Dec 15, 2014
    Fue el primer juego de Mario que realmente jugué (sin contar juegos en emuladores) y lo amo, cada nivel es único, los retos son demasiados y la historia te obliga a terminarlo quieras o no... Así debería ser un juego, y para lo que fue en su época, es posiblemente el mejor de su era pues hoy es un estándar irrevocable y sin duda es el mas memorable que ofrece la industria.
  33. Dec 9, 2014
    What happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets aWhat happened to Mario? This game does not reflect the greatness of its predecessors, such as Mario golf on the play station 1, and Tetris. Like many games in recent times it suffers from a big problem, there is way too much water. The only thing this game has going for it is its deep storyline involving the girl from last of dust, and pokemon diamond. That is why Mario dream cast gets a solid 10/10. Expand
  34. Dec 6, 2014
    Best 3D Mario game Ever! There are so much fun courses to complete and collecting stars on many fun ways. It's easy to learn and has high replay value. This is a game for you if you like memorable levels and music. This game gets never old!
  35. Nov 18, 2014
    This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated.This is the greatest game of all time. Two decades later, it is still being played by speedrunners daily. It's an example of a perfect game, utilizing the best graphics available at the time coupled with amazing physics. It defined the genre of 3D platforming in an open world setting with secrets to uncover and objectives to be completed. The praises of this game cannot be understated. Odds are, if a platforming game has a certain element in it, it came from SM64. Expand
  36. Nov 16, 2014
    This was my first game ever and I am glad about that it is a game that showed others how video games are supposed to be and it blew others all away 10 out of 10
  37. Nov 16, 2014
    Honestly, this single game basically sums up my childhood. Want a real reiew? Go play it yourself. Go ahead. I even cried when the credits started to roll. It took me a lot of years to complete, but hey, atleast it's better than nothing. Thank you, Nintendo and thank you Mario.
  38. Nov 11, 2014
    A great 3d platformer with a great mix of difficulty and fun times. Definitely a classic Mario game that everyone has to play during their lifetime. One of the best games of all time!
  39. Nov 10, 2014
    Out of the massive amount of 3D platformers that the N64 library has to offer, Super Mario 64 takes 3rd place behind Conker's BFD and Banjo Kazooie. However, I think it has the best overworld giving you a full tour of Peach's Castle. I couldn't get into it as much as I could the other two, but I still loved playing this game. Every N64 fan needs this game in their library.
  40. Nov 5, 2014
    Definitely a classic for the N64. This one of the best games growing up and at the time had superior graphics. They just had so much to do and it was like never ending, you competed against friends to see who had the most stars. It's just a great overall game and if you haven't played it yet then I'm sorry.
  41. Sep 25, 2014
    Aaaaaahhh... This game was my childhood right here. The gameplay is so much fun and this is definitely one of the better Mario games out there and in my top 5 favorite games ever made. It is a CLASSIC.
  42. Sep 25, 2014
    Surprising really, as we were expecting from Mario, we should recieve another 2D masterpiece from Nintendo, but no, Super Mario 64 has the best 2D - 3D transition ever made, it appeared to be an impossible task to make a 3D Mario game with all the fun and challange that you often find in Mario games, but no, Nintendo in its best just made a masterpiece, Super Mario 64 is fun, challenging,Surprising really, as we were expecting from Mario, we should recieve another 2D masterpiece from Nintendo, but no, Super Mario 64 has the best 2D - 3D transition ever made, it appeared to be an impossible task to make a 3D Mario game with all the fun and challange that you often find in Mario games, but no, Nintendo in its best just made a masterpiece, Super Mario 64 is fun, challenging, different and immersive 10/10 plataform game, another masterpiece from Nintendo. Expand
  43. Aug 22, 2014
    this game is good but could be better it has solid controls and level design a great hubworld with 3 new powerups the wing cap, the vanish cap and the metal cap and if you download project 64 and a rom of the game you can have ALL 3 AT ONCE!!!
  44. Jul 9, 2014
    This game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some ofThis game basically sucked. Classics are not always good. The graphics were horrible Crash Bandicoot had way better gameplay and graphics. Bosses were lame and repetitive. For the DS was better because the original is not the best. Bowser looked like an oversized stuffed animals. The gameplay overall was boring got bored after collecting a couple stars. The one thing I liked was some of the level designs. Although many PS1 games looked way better such as Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot Expand
  45. Jun 30, 2014
    This game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the gameThis game and everything about it brings back such happy memories for me. I remember being mesmerized by it as a kid. As always with Mario titles the level design was great and very varied, there was lots of cool things like the sliding missions to break up the usual platforming gameplay but above-all the music was probably the best of any Mario title I've ever played. Visually the game was bursting with colour and I remember it being very challenging. I can't wait to replay this one day. A definite classic. Expand
  46. Jun 9, 2014
    Dayum this is a good game best mario game ever in my opnion, so many feels from this game memories with family playing it and friends as well especially all the memories from that on lvl were u must throw bowser onto the bombs :'( good ol days! Really fun game I recomend it to everyone even if it is 1996.
  47. Jun 3, 2014
    Mario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highlyMario 64 is in my Eyes the best Platformer ever. It has a whole lot of easter-eggs and such. the controls feels responsive the gameplay fells good, the sountrack is godly. overall it has a couple of bugs but those bugs are only found because the game has been out for such a long time. this is normal with any game. it's not like you meet a bug on your first playtrough. that is highly unlikely. a masterpiece Expand
  48. Jun 2, 2014
    This game is very good I have it on my wii and it is pure awesomeness good graphics and technology thank you Nintendo for this great game thank you I give this a ten
  49. May 24, 2014
    I know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I getI know this game was revolutionary, but whenever I pick it up and play it- it always ends in frustration about one of the many things that this game hasn't aged well in. Some of these bad things are: that the camera is clunky, Mario cannot turn around without running in a circle, the music (while great) gets old very quickly, and also the fact that there are so many stars per level- I get tired of going back to the same boring level over and over again to get stars. In conclusion, while the game was an 8.5/10 in 1996, now the game is extremely dated and frustrating because of it. Expand
  50. Apr 11, 2014
    This is one of the few games that have set the standard for all games ever very possibly the best game ever in every aspect espiccally for the N64 its amazing how well this game was devoloped
  51. Apr 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While I don't care for this game as much as some people I will admit that I have always enjoyed Mario's first 3D Platformer; Super Mario 64. I do have some nostalgia from this game even though I didn't grow up playing that many video games, I just remember playing this game at a friend's house and I very much enjoyed it. So I eventually got my own copy of the game on the Wii Virtual Console later on in my life and when I got a used N64, I got the original SM64 cart as well, and I still enjoy the game today. The gameplay is solid, there are many different levels with very fun stars to collect, one thing though is that it the level themes may get repetitive; for example early on in the game you will find the level Cool, Cool Mountain which is a snow themed level, but later on in the game you find Snowman's Land; while the levels had their differences, I kind of wished for more diversity in themes, but maybe I shouldn't criticize that since the game may have have some limitations in being made. The bosses are okay, however I do think the final boss against Bowser is cool. I also like Mario's new abilities like being able to kick and ground-pound. Overall Super Mario 64 is a classic; while I do like Sunshine and the Galaxy games better, every gamer should play this. Expand
  52. Mar 31, 2014
    At the the time it revolutionized the gaming industry. This was by far the most epic game of my generation. Super Mario 64 to this day is the best plat former I have ever played. The character is one of the greatest invented. Super Mario 64 will be a game that my children's children will play.
  53. Mar 24, 2014
    Revolutionary. A classic. Look past the graphics. Sweet baby Jesus 64. Again, one of the most revolutionary video games of the forever. Thank you Nintendo, please have my baby Luigi.
  54. Mar 9, 2014
    I love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It'sI love this game, solid controls, camera, and it looks great. While it is not as good as Banjo Kazooie, the creativity and effort is there, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to play a platformer. You could say the game is just an inspiration to others and that's why it's praised, but it's that way for a reason, picking what stars to get when, and creative design show this. It's only short coming is that some stars are a bit tedious to get. Expand
  55. Feb 8, 2014
    A truly great game with amazing aspects. It's quite a blast to play through fully, although the experience is a bit overrated by fans of the game back in the day.
  56. Jan 29, 2014
    I just can't understand why people ike this game.Absolutely awful,just awful graphic(it is all because of the platform),easy to die because of bad camera view.Characters looks absolutely awful,no one looks as in original game,especially Bowser.5,8 out of ten because it is QUITE playable
  57. Jan 13, 2014
    this is considered the best game of all time because it has not grown old with time and it was glorious! sure, the difficulty was pretty cruel, but this game had all we Mario fans could ask for.
  58. Jan 9, 2014
    The best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2ndThe best 3D Platformer and overall just best platformers ever made. Super Mario 64 is a landmark is gaming and rightfully so. The gameplay is amazing, the soundtrack is one of the best in a video game, the level design is amazing, the atmosphere in the levels fit the levels perfectly, the bosses are memorable and is pretty challenging (especially those hidden stars). This is my 2nd favorite game of all time behind Twilight Princess and is just one of the best games ever made and is in my opinion the best game that came out in the 90's. Super Mario 64 is a piece of history. Expand
  59. Jan 5, 2014
    Probably the best video game ever made, with unforgettable levels and musics. If you talk about 3D video games, this one is a must-have. It redefined the platform standards and perfectly launched the N64 back in 1996. If you don't have it, or if you never played it (I hope you did), then buy it, or emulate it if you want, but do something quick, this really is a fantastic masterpiece.
  60. Dec 20, 2013
    It was great as a 3D Mario game, but the camera isn't just bad it's totally evil! The controls are also kinda shifty, the music starts eating away at your brains after about 1 minute, and it's REALLY glitchy.
  61. Dec 7, 2013
    I was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics haveI was never an "N64 kid," so I wasn't lucky enough to experience the plumber's first 3D adventure when it was unleashed upon the world in 1996. Because my vision isn't blurred by the lovely intoxicant that is nostalgia, I can see the game it for what it truly is, after all those years. And what it is, is hands down, one of the greatest video games of all time. While the graphics have clearly aged poorly, the controls, gameplay, and music of Super Mario 64 are still worthy of the term greatness. However, the number one aspect of this game, above any other, is simply the fun you will have playing through it. And then playing through it again to get all 120 Stars. And another time just for fun. A must play, for all who game. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go play some Super Mario 64. Expand
  62. Nov 27, 2013
    This is the first game i ever played. And the best. The visuals are awesome, The control is precise and the gameplay is just fun. There is a lot of worlds and they all feel unique. Best game ever.
  63. Nov 21, 2013
    a great 3d platformer (tough EXTREMLEY overatated) worth a play honestly its poor in comparison to games like galaxy or 3d land/world it IS the first 3d mario game ever so for a first its pulled off great but there are 3 problems i have with it controls
  64. Nov 3, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. All true gamers should play this game, if they already didn't. Controls are easy to learn and comfortable. Music feels free and many tunes are really catchy. I've got all stars trice already. The only bad thing I see about this game is the fact that levels feel a bit "empty". It's still worth buying because it's simply a funny to play and entertainingOne of the best games of all time. All true gamers should play this game, if they already didn't. Controls are easy to learn and comfortable. Music feels free and many tunes are really catchy. I've got all stars trice already. The only bad thing I see about this game is the fact that levels feel a bit "empty". It's still worth buying because it's simply a funny to play and entertaining classic game. Expand
  65. Sep 19, 2013
    This game will always be known as one, if not THE best platformer of all time. Each level is amazing, with amazing music to go along with them. To this day, Super Mario 64 holds up very well. Though this game is not perfect (camera becomes an issue quite a few times), this game is one that will always be known as an all time great.
  66. Sep 16, 2013
    This is hands down one of the best games in history. Graphics and gameplay are classic the story is great all of it just incredible! If you have a N64 and dont own mario 64 you are missing out. I wish luigi was in there.
  67. Sep 12, 2013
    This is one of the best Mario games I ever played. This is why I still prefer the N64 out of any video game console out there, better luck next time Playstation 1. Score: 4/5.
  68. Aug 6, 2013
    Easily one of the best games ever made. The level design is ingenious, the stars are fun to collect, and it has that classical Nintendo charm. I recommend this as a must have for any Nintendo or classic game fan. You will not be disappointed.
  69. Jul 20, 2013
    This game is a blast to play. It's hard these days to see games so much adventure than SM64. In retrospect, the game did'nt age as well as many other platformers at the time (mainly Banjo-Kazooie), but overall it's a part of gaming history, and should be played at least once in your life.
  70. Jul 13, 2013
    This is still one of my favorite Mario Games. I think it has aged very well and it is still fun to play even after finding all 120 stars. The graphics still hold up well and there is so much to do in the game that it is still fun to play even after all the stars are found. For good reason Mario64 will be forever considered a classic platform game.
  71. Jun 27, 2013
    Super Mario 64 might just be the best 3D platformer around. Every level is interesting, full of secrets and stars to collect. The controls are near perfect. The music is amazing.

Yet the most stunning things about this game is that it's for the N64. Had a game like this been released today with better graphics, it would be considered amazing. And yet this game was released over 10 years ago. This speaks volumes as to why this game is a masterpiece. If you haven't experienced Super Mario 64, you haven't experienced what gaming is all about.
  72. Jun 4, 2013
    Now Mario is different, obviously the plot is mostly the same as the last games, but what makes this game so special? THE NEW 3D, so fun, so weird, and you can't stop playing it, well just take a breathe, the platforms are different in each 'picture', not the same, and has many puzzles that, sometimes are very stressing or tire, but are ingenious.
  73. May 18, 2013
    This game made my childhood, this game is the reason why I am still playing games, I am saying this is because of the fact that this is one of the reasons why there are Mario games still being created, probably for the main reason being that they nailed the 3D platform for it's time, and is a true inspiration to many people around the world.
  74. May 1, 2013
    Super Mario 64 has reshaped the 3D platforming genre in video games, along with precise gameplay (except the camera controls). There are barely any story elements involved, but that is not the point of this game. It has a variety of level design and power abilities that the player has in his/her disposal that are useful and FUN in missions, which is a plus. Each objective require differentSuper Mario 64 has reshaped the 3D platforming genre in video games, along with precise gameplay (except the camera controls). There are barely any story elements involved, but that is not the point of this game. It has a variety of level design and power abilities that the player has in his/her disposal that are useful and FUN in missions, which is a plus. Each objective require different skills to complete. The soundtrack is spectacular and each score fits in every aspect, whether in a castle, a sunken ship, or a boss battle. The puzzles are creative and in some cases time consuming, yet rewarding. Sure, there are some glitches around, but it does not effect the progression of the game. The enemies' AI is fair, not easy nor difficult. It has an intermediate amount of gameplay due to the amount of objectives (20+ hours). This game is a prime example of 3D platforming that inspired later games of the same genre. Super Mario 64 needs to be played whether for fun or for use in video game studies. Expand
  75. Apr 24, 2013
    this game came from a time when games where challenging, and you had to figure stuff out by yourself. It is one of the best games for the N64, but the camera can get annoying
  76. Apr 10, 2013
    el juego que invento y perfecciono a la vez el genero de plataformas en 3d, una verdadera obra maestra de diseño, concepto y ejecucion. El mejor juego de lanzamiento de las consolas de nintendo y un clasico de todos los tiempos. Necesito decir algo mas?
  77. Mar 3, 2013
    I thought I might be biased by nostalgia, but I went back to play this game (for the probably the 10th time) and still loved it. It really makes one feel how gimmicky the motion controls are in this serie. Im not a hater against MC, it fits perfect in games like Pikmin.

The levels are great with much space to move, unlike the galaxy series. This is the ultimate 3d Mario in my eyes.
  78. Mar 3, 2013
    The perfect Mario. The controls, the environments, the "open world levels", the castle with its secrets... I could go on!

Id buy an HD remake in an instance!
  79. Feb 28, 2013
    Was my first game on N64 and it is indeed a great 3D Jump ´n Run. Mario was at his peak when this game was released with perfect controls and a great world to explore.
  80. Feb 20, 2013
    Once again, Mario revolutionizes the video game industry, creating some of the best 3d graphics ever seen, and revolutionizing the market with one of, if not the, first free control camera. doesnt seem like a big deal now, 3d games are almost unplayable without a free camera, but back then, this was a huge deal. With 120 power stars to collect, great challege, awesome and varied levelOnce again, Mario revolutionizes the video game industry, creating some of the best 3d graphics ever seen, and revolutionizing the market with one of, if not the, first free control camera. doesnt seem like a big deal now, 3d games are almost unplayable without a free camera, but back then, this was a huge deal. With 120 power stars to collect, great challege, awesome and varied level design, great music, revolutionary game mechanics and controls, fun gameplay, and a huge adventure to go through, this is one of the greatest games of all time. back in the day, this game is an easy 10 out of 10, though i must say now that it hasnt aged all that well. i would still call it an 8 or 9 out of 10, but thinking back to the day this game was released, over 16 years ago, it still holds up. an incredibly fun adventure, and one of the best 3d platformers ever made. though games like banjo kazooie/tooie, and donkey kong 64 would eventually master this formula, Super mario 64 still holds up, and is one of the greatest games ever created. borderline perfect. Expand
  81. Feb 8, 2013
    Mario 64 is on of the greatest games ever made, if not the best 3D platformer ever made. This game is absolutely flawless, with its amazing level designs or its fantastic enemies, (Who can ever forget that piano.) This game is a must buy for any gamer seeking a challenge or just a fantastic experience.

10/10 Flawless Victory.
  82. Feb 3, 2013
    Super Mario 64 is one of those games that you cannot stop playing until you have all 120 stars, and then, to be honest, never touch again. It was fun while playing, but it really doesn't give you a reason to come back. It is colorful, vast, and a great challenge of a platformer. One could tell easily that all the levels had much time and thought put into them. The controls are prettySuper Mario 64 is one of those games that you cannot stop playing until you have all 120 stars, and then, to be honest, never touch again. It was fun while playing, but it really doesn't give you a reason to come back. It is colorful, vast, and a great challenge of a platformer. One could tell easily that all the levels had much time and thought put into them. The controls are pretty tight, despite the control stick not being too precise. The music certainly sets the mood, and there are some great memories to be had with this game. There are some things I couldn't get over, however. In life, there is always going to be "that guy", and in Super Mario 64 there is always going to be "that star". Whether it be "Mario Wings Over the Rainbow" or the 100-coin stars in Small-Big Island, Tick Tock Clock, or especially, Rainbow Ride. The cryptic ones like Big Boo's Balcony or Watch for Rolling Rocks also suck. When playing, I always called the level Tick Tock Clock; "Tick-Me-Off Clock" due to its frustrating layout. The camera can sometimes get funky, but that wasn't even that bad when it did happen rarely. Furthermore, it is very overrated considering that impact is playing a higher role than gameplay. It was kind of funny to hear Yoshi incorrectly say, "It that really you???" Overall; nice, challenging, colorful platformer with a few wrinkles that should have been ironed. Expand
  83. Jan 23, 2013
    When it comes to 3D platforming, this game set the standard. That being said it has been topped by newer platforming games. The levels are the typical themes you'd expect from a Nintendo game, and while two of the themes are repeated, they are set up different enough to offer completely different challenges. The boss fights are epic, and too this day I struggle to fight Bowser in theWhen it comes to 3D platforming, this game set the standard. That being said it has been topped by newer platforming games. The levels are the typical themes you'd expect from a Nintendo game, and while two of the themes are repeated, they are set up different enough to offer completely different challenges. The boss fights are epic, and too this day I struggle to fight Bowser in the final battle. The mini bosses are well done and the little enemies are easy like in any other Mario title.

The Music is classic and the camera was never a problem to me. There is a reason fans have taken this game and made direct sequels. The game has a simple and fun formula. The worlds are fun to explore and all 120 stars have numerous ways to be obtained.
  84. Jan 18, 2013
    best console all time N64, one of the best games all time! SM64 is brillant in so many ways. Levels, story, gameplay, fun factor, controls, sounds. This is how a real Mario game is suppose to be.
  85. Dec 30, 2012
    Being one of the first truly 3D games, Super Mario 64 is undeniably the most revolutionary game of all time. Not only that, but it is a very fun game.
  86. Dec 9, 2012
    Mario had a lot of good games back in the late '80s and early '90s, the most notable ones being Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island (yes, I consider it a Mario game). This game dropped on the N64 and made me momentarily forget about all I had done in the earlier games, mainly because I was burying my face into the TV screen, lost in a new 3D Mushroom Kingdom. ItMario had a lot of good games back in the late '80s and early '90s, the most notable ones being Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and Yoshi's Island (yes, I consider it a Mario game). This game dropped on the N64 and made me momentarily forget about all I had done in the earlier games, mainly because I was burying my face into the TV screen, lost in a new 3D Mushroom Kingdom. It seemed so lifelike back then, and it's still really fun today. This is definitely one of the few N64 games that has stood the test of time. Expand
  87. Oct 21, 2012
    Similar to Ocarina of Time, this is a game that hasn't aged as well as people claim that it has. The level design holds up compared to other N64 titles and the gameplay, while not as precise as others, is still pretty fun. While this game does hold up as a good game, I don't think it holds up as one of the greatest. 8.0
  88. Oct 17, 2012
    Forget the game being called "one of the best games ever made"; this is probably THE best game ever made. Super Mario 64 has aged so well it's almost surreal. Well Nintendo knows how to deliver the goods for their devoted fans.

I've kept playing this game ever since I was about five or something. It is still so much fun to play and enjoy. This is what video games should be, although I do forgive some FPSs/other shooters if they have strong stories and entertainment value.

In terms of pure fun and joy, Super Mario 64 is the best game ever made. Well done Nintendo for making the perfect game, and for letting Mario have Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 as the equally perfect sequels to this groundbreaking game.
  89. Sep 17, 2012
    sorry to say, but I loved Mario on NES and SNES, but this was an insult to the Mario series. Collecting stars? No thanks. I much rather the platforming get to the end of the level style.
  90. Sep 5, 2012
    I will always remember where I was when I first saw Mario 64 a few days after it came out. It was one of the most amazing sites I'd ever seen. I had to wait months to get it myself for Christmas, but it was well worth the wait! Mario 64 was the most innovative video game at its' birth, bringing gamers into a magical 3D world. The graphics at the time were the best we'd ever seen and evenI will always remember where I was when I first saw Mario 64 a few days after it came out. It was one of the most amazing sites I'd ever seen. I had to wait months to get it myself for Christmas, but it was well worth the wait! Mario 64 was the most innovative video game at its' birth, bringing gamers into a magical 3D world. The graphics at the time were the best we'd ever seen and even makes for a fun adventure to this day. Every aspect of this game is perfect for what it is, a Mario game. No matter which painting you take the leep into, the world is amazing, filled with awesome puzzles, and challenges you to the core. Collecting all 120 stars was a REAL feat and rewarding as well. This game brings back memories of a time when life was so much simpler. Expand
  91. Sep 2, 2012
    One of the best 3D platformers that have ever existed. Super Mario 64 stays true to the Mario series by giving you the usual objective of rescuing Princess Toadstool/Peach. But, this game, is very unique compared to other Mario games. First released in 1996, it was immediately a huge success! And It's no wonder. As it includes, 15 amazing levels with 120 different objectives to collect allOne of the best 3D platformers that have ever existed. Super Mario 64 stays true to the Mario series by giving you the usual objective of rescuing Princess Toadstool/Peach. But, this game, is very unique compared to other Mario games. First released in 1996, it was immediately a huge success! And It's no wonder. As it includes, 15 amazing levels with 120 different objectives to collect all 120 "Power Stars" and defeat Bowser. The 3D graphics are wonderful (Even compared to games of our Era, it still presents wonderful, colorful graphics.) Amazing, addicting gameplay keeps you at it for hours and hours. Days and days. Weeks and weeks. And that's a very nice thing about the game. If you're one for wanting to collect ALL the stars in the game, it may take weeks to finish. The game is still a gem even after all these years. It receives a very high 9 from me. Expand
  92. Aug 16, 2012
    No game collection is complete without Super Mario 64, one of the defining games of the entire genre and a benchmark for all future game. Super Mario 64 was done right, especially considering the fact that the N64 had very limited memory, this game was pretty big and impressive.
  93. Aug 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Have you ever played a game that is so darn fun that you can't put it down, even if you 100% complete all save files? This is that game. If I was forced to pick one flaw it would be the storyline, which is barely flawed anyway! You play as Mario, the famous plumber, rendered for the first time in history in polygons. Sure, the storyline is the same old "Bowser captures princess, Mario duffs up Bowser, everyone lives happily ever after" shtick, but this entry throws in paintings and Power Stars into the mix. Bowser owns dimensions contained in paintings that are a danger to Mario, hindering him on his quest. in the paintings you will find the humorously named Power Stars. Power Stars are like keys to doors, because essentially the more Power Stars you have, the more doors you can enter, and entering doors allows you to quest for more Powers Stars. It's a vicious cycle, but you want to get sucked in. Which other video game rewards you with a giant's step towards 100% completion for collecting 100 gold coins? On the topic of coins, a gold coin (canonically named a yellow coin) is worth one buck, a red one two, and blue a whopping five. Collecting eight red coins in a single course rewards you with a-you guessed it-Power Star. The game's graphics were amazing in its time, and to some still are. We're talking about one of the first games to use mainly polygons here. One of the first games to use polygons, and maybe the best. The sound is epic, with a range of tunes going from genuinely day-improving to genuinely scary. Even when you've got all 120 Power Stars (and shed a tear or sixteen), there's still fun to be had. In the Princess' castle grounds, there is a cannon only activated when you have 120 stars that will blast you to the castle roof where you'll find (spoiler) old comrade Yoshi, who will give you 100 lives and an improved triple jump power! (spoiler end) And on the Internet you may encounter sites that gives suggestions of activities to do in the game that are meant to be done after 100% completion! So, even after beating the final boss and collecting all 120 Power Stars, there's still much fun to be had.
    One of the best games ever.
  94. Aug 6, 2012
    As one of the debut games of the N64, Mario 64 was a solid game with plenty to do. There are many many levels, each with their own theme and trove of secrets to explore. Naturally it's the same story as always, but if you're expecting story out of a Mario game, then you should probably wait for pigs to fly. The one thing I always hated about this game is that the camera angles are awfulAs one of the debut games of the N64, Mario 64 was a solid game with plenty to do. There are many many levels, each with their own theme and trove of secrets to explore. Naturally it's the same story as always, but if you're expecting story out of a Mario game, then you should probably wait for pigs to fly. The one thing I always hated about this game is that the camera angles are awful and often very annoying, but for the first 3D Mario, it did a lot right, and I'm willing to overlook this issue. Oh and it has some of the most memorable and enjoyable music from any legacy game, so do yourself a favor and give it a try, eh? Expand
  95. Jul 30, 2012
    It has good and creative worlds,and it has a very good difficulty.The con is that when you do not have another levels to pass after you can't pass a level it comes bored.
  96. Jun 29, 2012
    Aw. This game is my childhood memories in a cartridge. Those who have played it can speak for themselves. Those who haven't are probably spoiled by Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. (good games). Mario 64 is a classic. It's a bit out dated and clunky compared to newer installments, but it still holds its own. Its everything you love about 2D Mario, but all done in 3D this time. And done well.
  97. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficultI'm sure we've all heard about Super Mario 64, one of the world's first 3D Platformers. The story is the usual unoriginal Mario storyline. Bowser has kidnapped Peach so go rescue her. The gameplay involves collecting items called Power Stars across 15 levels by completing different tasks. However, it is brought down by bad controls and a terrible camera which make the game more difficult than it should be. The graphics are smooth and there is a decent amount of variety in level design. The music is mostly your generic happy platforming music although Bowser's Road and Dire Dire Docks are exceptions to this. Super Mario 64 suffers from some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard in my life. The worst part? The worst voice acting in the whole game is the first thing you hear when starting the game.

Overall, while Super Mario 64 was innovative and mindblowing when it was released in May 1996, it aged very quickly and time has not been kind to it at all, making what was once amazing back then, a bad game now.
  98. Jun 6, 2012
    Classic game with an easy concept and the game is done perfectly this is the first Mario title that is in 3d and its also one of the best Mario games you have to restore power to Peach's castle by collecting 120 power stars to free peach and save the castle from Bowser's wrath the gameplay is fun and what you'd expect from a mario game the graphics are really great for the time also theClassic game with an easy concept and the game is done perfectly this is the first Mario title that is in 3d and its also one of the best Mario games you have to restore power to Peach's castle by collecting 120 power stars to free peach and save the castle from Bowser's wrath the gameplay is fun and what you'd expect from a mario game the graphics are really great for the time also the problem is in this game is the camera view and jumping because the camera view can mess up your jumps to where you kill yourself constantly so when you play you have to adjust it just right but this is a classic game and a must buy if you have a nintendo 64 Expand
  99. May 29, 2012
    Pretty interesting game, the first 3D platform and probably the best. Beautiful and hard game, it helped to transform Mario into a legend. Sometimes can be very frustrating, but that's part of its charm as long as you have enough patience.
  100. May 27, 2012
    Another true classic. This game was revolutionary and is a masterpiece. This game will never get old. The music is charming and the game is just a blast to play!
  101. May 26, 2011
    My favorite game of all time, Mario is at his prime here. Not only did this introduced Mario to polygons, but it kicked off a 3D revolution. The unique punch-and-kick gameplay was like nothing anybody had ever seen. The music is great, the story is great, the quantity of levels and challenge is great. Imma let you finish, Ocarina of Time, but Super Mario 64 is the best game of all time, OFMy favorite game of all time, Mario is at his prime here. Not only did this introduced Mario to polygons, but it kicked off a 3D revolution. The unique punch-and-kick gameplay was like nothing anybody had ever seen. The music is great, the story is great, the quantity of levels and challenge is great. Imma let you finish, Ocarina of Time, but Super Mario 64 is the best game of all time, OF ALL TIME! Collapse

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1996
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1996

1. The distribution of power stars in the levels is horrendous. I think 7 stars in one level is more than enough, don't you think? I understand that there are memory constraints, but there either could have been less stars overall, or 1 (maybe 2) more level(s). Definately a problem.
  2. It has quickly grown to become the standard by which almost all other games are measured.
  3. This is definitely a game no game collection should be without...Seriously!