Super Smash Bros. Nintendo 64

8.8

1. May 26, 2011
    No, this game is not as superior as its sequels, but the quality action and amount of items keep things ship-shape. And who doesn't want to see Yoshi take revenge on Mario for all the times the plumber chucked him off a cliff?
  2. Dec 9, 2011
    I loved this game, I played it for countless hours. The campaign is a little boring though but it was worth it to unlock the new characters for the game. The multiplayer was where it was at though and it was countless fun to play with friends.
  3. Feb 11, 2012
    Boy, does this game bring back some good memories. It was one of my favorite N64 games to play. my only only complaint about it is the fact that single player mode is the same every time. But, that's, pretty much it for me. Plus, Ness is better in this version than he is in Melee or Brawl.
  4. Mar 21, 2012
    Smash Bros can be a blast to play. There are tons of game modes and the fighting gameplay has changed fighting games forever. However, I don't think the series really hits it's peak until its sequel, Super Smash Bros. Melee, was released.
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    Super Smash Bros. is a wonderful four-player party game with a low barrier for entry, but plenty of depth to separate players. It's frantic pace makes it easily enjoyable for competitive, reflex-based gameplay that holds up to this day. Unfortunately, the game's single-player experience doesn't entertain nearly as well, being far too short and quite easy.
  6. AxewhipeS.
    Jan 30, 2008
    One of the best N64 games. Great game you can play forever with friends or by yourself, This game started the Smash franchise that it is today & the original is great.
  7. RobertC.
    Mar 16, 2004
    The most addictive, exhilirating, unbelieveable, spectucular, flat-out funniest multiplayer game...ever.
  8. Caleb
    Apr 4, 2005
    This game is insanely addicting and is worth absolutely every time you accidentally go to the bathroom on yourself because you don't want to get up.
  9. BillyBob
    Jul 27, 2005
    Best game.
  10. RolandJ.
    Feb 5, 2006
    A beat-em-up with a genuinely original platforming play mechanic which works due to the variety of styles offered by the many characters. Rhythm and timing rule multiplayer bouts in a way that still hasn't been seen elsewhere since SF2. A finely-tuned experience that is still unrivalled after more than six years and is definitely far superior to the clumsy, stilted mish-mash of ideas A beat-em-up with a genuinely original platforming play mechanic which works due to the variety of styles offered by the many characters. Rhythm and timing rule multiplayer bouts in a way that still hasn't been seen elsewhere since SF2. A finely-tuned experience that is still unrivalled after more than six years and is definitely far superior to the clumsy, stilted mish-mash of ideas that was the briefly-enjoyable GC sequel. Don't pay any attention to the kids' posts saying otherwise! Expand
  11. KevinB.
    Jul 3, 2006
    Well I actually feel honored to rate this game. Super Smash Bros. was the 3rd N64 I bought and turned out to be my 2nd favorite N64 game. (cmon! nothing beats Zelda 64!) If you got some friends over, its a freaking free for all...or team battle...or whatever you fancy..the point is that there is something for everybody..even a training mode to practice so you can even MORE ass then the Well I actually feel honored to rate this game. Super Smash Bros. was the 3rd N64 I bought and turned out to be my 2nd favorite N64 game. (cmon! nothing beats Zelda 64!) If you got some friends over, its a freaking free for all...or team battle...or whatever you fancy..the point is that there is something for everybody..even a training mode to practice so you can even MORE ass then the last battle...you know? that battle? everyone has a least one where they get schooled. So go buy this for like...5 bucks and start kicking ass...TODAY! Expand
  12. SamK
    Feb 29, 2008
    you would have to be an idiot to give this game a bad review there's no denying that there's evident entertainment value.
  13. MattH.
    Feb 5, 2008
    I just saw that this game got a relatively low critic rating while looking for SSBB ratings. Unbelievable. I can't even estimate how many hours (days) I spent playing this game. The bad reviews stemmed from complaints about single player issues - it's not made to be a single player game. If you have at least one friend, this game is fantastic. I still have my N64 hooked up I just saw that this game got a relatively low critic rating while looking for SSBB ratings. Unbelievable. I can't even estimate how many hours (days) I spent playing this game. The bad reviews stemmed from complaints about single player issues - it's not made to be a single player game. If you have at least one friend, this game is fantastic. I still have my N64 hooked up specifically for SSB. Expand
  14. JamB.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Addictive, competitive, cool graphics, some wicked stages.
  15. PeterJ.
    Jul 12, 2003
    It's the best game I've ever played! It's tight!!
  16. Hooligan#3
    May 4, 2004
    WOOOOOOOOOO this game roxx.
  17. TilerB.
    Jun 4, 2004
    Comlpete Yoshification! This game rocks!
  18. LindolfB.
    Mar 19, 2006
    This game is a simply amazing fighter. It is many times better than games such as dead or Alive 3, and i put it on par with Tekkan5. If you have two or more n64 controllers, this game will provide years of entertainment. I still play this game in 2006 because it is just so much damn fun!
  19. ThomasR.
    May 18, 2010
    I can't believe a critic would give this game a 20. It's a fantastic game, and that stupid critic is bringing down its score significantly.
  20. DavidP.
    Nov 27, 2003
    It's cool.
  21. SpencerM.
    Aug 23, 2003
    I think this was the best 64 game there is. Even though 64 is an older system i think it has great graphics.
  22. D@NNYT.
    Apr 2, 2004
    GOOOOOOOOOD GAAAMMMMMEE!!!
  23. AdamO.
    May 27, 2004
    This game is the BOMB!
  24. Muggy_9?
    Jul 22, 2004
    pretty good game. worth buying.
  25. EricS.
    Jul 30, 2005
    A great game, but lacking and simplistic compared to Melee. A classic game has to be fun to play even after its sequel has been released.
  26. JonathanG.
    May 21, 2006
    This is probably my 2nd favorite game. This game is so freakn awesome. Even though I have the sequel I still love to invite my friend over on some Friday night and put it on 99 stock and only hammers on the igh setting. It can take a while but it is definitely worth it. This game still costs like $20 even now, but that's because it is so much damn fun. It is well worth what I paid This is probably my 2nd favorite game. This game is so freakn awesome. Even though I have the sequel I still love to invite my friend over on some Friday night and put it on 99 stock and only hammers on the igh setting. It can take a while but it is definitely worth it. This game still costs like $20 even now, but that's because it is so much damn fun. It is well worth what I paid for it. 2006 Expand
  27. EthanR.
    May 24, 2006
    Suprised I gave this game a ten? Well you shouldn't be, this game was the best nintendo game ever launched! Usually fighting games are punch, kick, punch then your dead, but this game was different. Gram a beam sword with dk the whack kirby with it, then get a hammer and go kick mario's butt. This game will be remembered for ever!
  28. NickC.
    Aug 21, 2006
    This game is definitely my favorite game of all time. It is easy to pick up, but difficult to master. And with the multiplayer mode, you can duke it out with friends four hours!
  29. BoBBoBBy
    Aug 7, 2006
    Best 4 player game yet played by me and my limited friends!
  30. BrawlroomXAT
    Jan 27, 2010
    One of the best games of its time and even today... It also has what the newer installments of the series and new games in general are lacking "ORIGINALITY". The low critics scores are laughable to any hardcore gamer who played this title back in the day.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999

1. A multi-player hit. Believe me people, you and your friends will spend hours on end battling it out to the very end. Whether it's 2 on 2 or if you think you're a badass 3 on 1.
  2. A highly addictive and satisfying game. Super Smash Bros. is a classic game for the Nintendo 64. If you haven't played it or its successor, and there certainly aren't many of you kinds of people, what are you waiting for? Do it!
  3. Fast paced and accessible to everyone. Nintendo of America were mad to consider not releasing this game in the US. Any doubts about it's quality should be cast out of your mind. It's fun, addictive and it's got a superb multi-player mode.