The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Nintendo 64

9.2

1. JackP.
    Jun 13, 2005
    WAY better than OOT this one was surreal, how can you compete with that.
  2. Legendarylugi
    Oct 6, 2006
    "Poor story line and redone Ocarina dungeons make Majora's Mask nothing but a cheap Ocarina of Time remake!" What are you talking about? The dungeons completely defied the groundwork OoT set up for it. The Water Temple was pure genius in concept (but a bit to hard in practice I will admit).
  3. SamP.
    Nov 5, 2007
    I love timed games. Best in the series :P This game was always my favourite over OOT. Better than the rest. Plus refighting the bosses alone made it rock.
  4. alyc
    Dec 1, 2009
    I love this game! i havent beat it yet but I play it alot. its very challanging and hrd but I cant stop! Zelda games rock!
  5. Aug 27, 2012
    This game is the best Nintendo game I have ever played!.
  6. MichaelM
    Apr 14, 2010
    I do love the story line in Majora's Mask; the sinister moon's descent down to the doomed Termina is one of the best Zelda story concepts ever. I also like how it feels like a warped version of OOT, right down to the recycled character sprites with new, more twisted agendas. What I don't like, however, is how the game gives you ZERO indication as to what to do next. I I do love the story line in Majora's Mask; the sinister moon's descent down to the doomed Termina is one of the best Zelda story concepts ever. I also like how it feels like a warped version of OOT, right down to the recycled character sprites with new, more twisted agendas. What I don't like, however, is how the game gives you ZERO indication as to what to do next. I don't care what people say: if you are not using a strategy guide of some sort to play Majora's Mask, you are lying. Period. Expand
  7. Link
    Jul 28, 2001
    Very good, but just a bit short.
  8. MichaelL
    Jan 6, 2009
    The only game I can say is better with real confidence is ocarina of time. I look at OoT and MM as opposite sides of the same coin. Where Ocarina focused on dungeons and bosses, Majora's Mask was strong in side quests and character interaction. Collecting all the masks is brilliant. The only real disappointment to me playing this game right after OoT was going from a game with 10 The only game I can say is better with real confidence is ocarina of time. I look at OoT and MM as opposite sides of the same coin. Where Ocarina focused on dungeons and bosses, Majora's Mask was strong in side quests and character interaction. Collecting all the masks is brilliant. The only real disappointment to me playing this game right after OoT was going from a game with 10 dungeons to one with 5. Yet, the game feels just as long, and with all the side stuff, I feel fairly certain the game has more gameplay. Expand
  9. ZacharyD
    Mar 20, 2009
    This game is was of the best Zelda games. I keep talking to Zelda fans who never played it. Everyone MUST play this game, that is, if you're a true Zelda Fan.
  10. AngeloB
    Mar 30, 2009
    This is an AMAZING game all the little details and sidequests you get your money's worth and on top of that you get an AMAZING game and quest. Truly one of the best Zelda games in the series! It may not come close to OoT but it comes so damn close!
  11. LoganR
    Mar 6, 2009
    Linea K. gave it a4: It was simply to bizzare for my tastes. The bosses were just plain weird. When a giant mask grows limbs of un-skinned muscle and starts doing a russian dance across the rainbow-colored arena, I turn the game off. The sidequests, however were numerous and well done. So you hate it because the bosses are wierd? If you're going to judge a game based on it's Linea K. gave it a4: It was simply to bizzare for my tastes. The bosses were just plain weird. When a giant mask grows limbs of un-skinned muscle and starts doing a russian dance across the rainbow-colored arena, I turn the game off. The sidequests, however were numerous and well done. So you hate it because the bosses are wierd? If you're going to judge a game based on it's normalcy instead of gameplay, you seriously need to grow up! This game is awesome! Expand
  12. JordanG
    Sep 21, 2009
    In my view this game is up their with Ocarina of Time as the greatest game ever. The 3 day concept and use of masks add enough originality to make it feel well unique in the series and the challenge, although frustrating in places, is incredibly engaging.
  13. calebr
    Feb 10, 2010
    Honestly, this is the best zelda ever. some of you may say you hate and that oot was better, well oot was FIRST but not at all better. this took oot (which was an AMAZING GAME) and made it so much better. and all of you guys hating that "you only 3 days to beat the game" you honestly didnt even play for longer than 20 minutes. I mean seriously once you return to human form which should Honestly, this is the best zelda ever. some of you may say you hate and that oot was better, well oot was FIRST but not at all better. this took oot (which was an AMAZING GAME) and made it so much better. and all of you guys hating that "you only 3 days to beat the game" you honestly didnt even play for longer than 20 minutes. I mean seriously once you return to human form which should take no less than 20 minutes if you dont suck at gaming (as most of the childish reviewers her do) you will realize how amazing this game is. oot didnt have sidequests like this. oots plot was no where even close as complex as this was. this game here is the best zelda game of all time (followed by oot, than alttp, than spirit tracks, than ww and then the rest are amazing but the ones i listed are the best). Expand
  14. OliverL
    May 18, 2010
    I think the game is HIGHLY underestimated. First of all, I'm very picky when it comes to game music, all of the Zelda games so far have epic music. Majora's Mask have great side-quests, I mean, It's hard to gather all the masks. The idea of having masks overall is very nice, since you wont only use these old weapons, (The weapons themself are good aswell. But I don't I think the game is HIGHLY underestimated. First of all, I'm very picky when it comes to game music, all of the Zelda games so far have epic music. Majora's Mask have great side-quests, I mean, It's hard to gather all the masks. The idea of having masks overall is very nice, since you wont only use these old weapons, (The weapons themself are good aswell. But I don't want to see them to much repeated) Bosses are fun aswell as temples. I liked this game alot and it is a great contribution to the Zelda series! If you havn't already, go play it. Expand
  15. DanielB.
    Jun 28, 2003
    This game relly kicks ass and so does other N64 games!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. SeanB.
    Jul 15, 2004
    Goldeneye is to Perfect Dark as Ocarina of Time is to Majora's Mask. MM is one of the greatest sequels of all time.
  17. BrianD.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Though the characters may have been reused it is a completely different game.However, it is not a game for the weak or simple minded. It is a second masterpiece no matter what any crying sony fanboy tells you.
  18. WillersS.
    Nov 27, 2005
    better than Ocarina of Time. easily one of the top 3 or so games EVER created. this game controlled my life for a perioid of months when it came out. what i loved about this game so much was its dark and hanuning atmosphere compared to all the other zelda games. the plot is totally different too. the story is incredible and often frightening and it is a one of a kind experience most better than Ocarina of Time. easily one of the top 3 or so games EVER created. this game controlled my life for a perioid of months when it came out. what i loved about this game so much was its dark and hanuning atmosphere compared to all the other zelda games. the plot is totally different too. the story is incredible and often frightening and it is a one of a kind experience most likely never to be repeated again. Expand
  19. ChrisM.
    Mar 24, 2008
    One of the most under-rated games ever. Even though OoT is better, this game is still amazingly fun. Collecting masks = best sidequests ever.
  20. BrandonL
    Apr 13, 2009
    This game was great for many reasons. It has difficulty with its time system, which is something that I, as a hardcore Wii and Xbox 360 gamer, admire. Too many games are too easy, and this game will present you with a challenge. The time system also allows you to develop a personal relationship with characters. You have to make your "appointments" on time; and when you don't, you This game was great for many reasons. It has difficulty with its time system, which is something that I, as a hardcore Wii and Xbox 360 gamer, admire. Too many games are too easy, and this game will present you with a challenge. The time system also allows you to develop a personal relationship with characters. You have to make your "appointments" on time; and when you don't, you feel plain awful about it. Best Zelda game for this reason. Even with dated graphics, the story does enough to immerse you. Expand
  21. RM
    May 15, 2008
    One of the things I found most gripping about this game was it's atmosphere. It was a lot of fun, there was plenty of humour and pleasant activities, but it was also a seriously dark and sad tale, where you got the impression a lot of things/people were in disarray. The idea of going back in time and all the problems start over again. Not to mention some of the peculiar, random, One of the things I found most gripping about this game was it's atmosphere. It was a lot of fun, there was plenty of humour and pleasant activities, but it was also a seriously dark and sad tale, where you got the impression a lot of things/people were in disarray. The idea of going back in time and all the problems start over again. Not to mention some of the peculiar, random, pyschedelic stuff they put in (like the paradise of a moon where you taled to the child before taking on the last boss - who asks "shall we play"). A very strange and eerie game - the last computer game I think I ever really enjoyed. Expand
  22. AdamT.
    Nov 28, 2001
    Supoib.
  23. RobertC.
    Dec 22, 2004
    This games rocks but its not as good as oot!!
  24. FranklynT
    Dec 14, 2009
    One of my all time favorite games. One of the hardest Zelda games (Adventure of Link just isnt fair), and one of my favorite N64 games of all time. I still treasure my gold cartridge edition, and still hate the water temple. A Zelda classic, that I plan on giving my children as one of their earlier video games.
  25. Nov 6, 2011
    Majoras Mask, Is a game that tops Ocarinia of Time in so many ways. In it's mechanism (time and masks), in its Game-play, Story and dungeon design. The game is most probably the darkest and grittiest game zelda game. Just because you play as young link doesn't mean its all happy, vibrant, instead there is a gritty feeling, a constant feeling of the inevitable death as you race against theMajoras Mask, Is a game that tops Ocarinia of Time in so many ways. In it's mechanism (time and masks), in its Game-play, Story and dungeon design. The game is most probably the darkest and grittiest game zelda game. Just because you play as young link doesn't mean its all happy, vibrant, instead there is a gritty feeling, a constant feeling of the inevitable death as you race against the evil Looking Moon, to save the world.

On a graphical side, so much more could had been done, if the team had more then a year to make this game, blurry textures, some of which don't quite make sense, and the use of repeated assets from OoT. It makes you think if the out-world design could had also been better with some more time in the oven. Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the out-world design, it rivals this of Oot, but you cant stop thinking that the Giant looming Cactai looking structure in the horizon just looks out of place and weird. This is a game I don't know what to rate, on one hand it surpasses Oot which would make it a perfect 10 but on the other-hand, the lack of polish and strange design design and reused assets clearly shout "this game should had been in the oven a bit more". 9/10
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game!!! Easily the best zelda game ever. Great story, mechanics, characters, graphics, sound, gameplay, music, price, system, coding and boss battles.
  27. May 18, 2012
    Not everyones cup of tea. But my god this game is just so magical and dark and special, I feel like I'm 10 years old again when I play this.

28. LeonA.
    Sep 15, 2007
    This Zelda is is decidedly different from the rest of the series, but that is what makes it so great. Instead of some standard epic adventure, Majora's Mask explores the truth of the human mind through a sad, dark, and almost fairy tale-ish storyline. Everything is so strange and mysterious that it will have you pondering it's true meaning for weeks to come. Truley one of the This Zelda is is decidedly different from the rest of the series, but that is what makes it so great. Instead of some standard epic adventure, Majora's Mask explores the truth of the human mind through a sad, dark, and almost fairy tale-ish storyline. Everything is so strange and mysterious that it will have you pondering it's true meaning for weeks to come. Truley one of the deepest and most thought-provoking games made so far, aside from having everything that makes the Zelda series so incredibly awsome. Expand
  29. JohnE.
    Jan 27, 2008
    By any terms, it would be impossible to live up to OoT, but this comes as close as possible, while still giving a fresh game to all of us gamers. The atmosphere is incredibly well-constructed, the music and the gameplay itself are nothing short of captivating.
  30. SteveE.
    Jul 10, 2004
    Great, but not as good as OOT.
  31. TylerD
    Nov 17, 2008
    Quite an amazing game. Earlier votes attempt to compare OoT with MM and to be quite frank, you can't compare the two. They're both totally different genre's of games, and both have their own amazing style that give the Zelda name the amazing reputation it has. They both live up to expectations. For those who still disagree, MM is an amazing game because of it's complex Quite an amazing game. Earlier votes attempt to compare OoT with MM and to be quite frank, you can't compare the two. They're both totally different genre's of games, and both have their own amazing style that give the Zelda name the amazing reputation it has. They both live up to expectations. For those who still disagree, MM is an amazing game because of it's complex storyline, deviation from the norm, deep and complex side-quests, and great game play that holds to the Zelda name. OoT was amazing because of it's creation of a new genre, implementing the true shell of what Zelda games were soon to become, showing off an amazing storyline with complex temples, and a great new feel. They both had their differences. If I was to choose, I would personally pick MM because of it's three day system and it's complexity. It surpassed OoT in that aspect greatly. Great game, and let the argument rest. Expand
  32. May 24, 2012
    Without a doubt the most masterful game of all time. Every aspect of this game is fabulously perfect and the atmosphere is perfect for an apocalyptic setting. Tons of content and a mass variety of activity. A must play for anyone who claims to be a gamer.
  33. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    Rather good game, but worst Zelda game in my humble opinion. I just didn't like all this mask stuff.
  34. LineaK.
    Sep 1, 2007
  35. SallyS.
    Jun 7, 2007
    I hate timed games. The worst game in the series.
  36. DaveD.
    Dec 25, 2002
    I really loved the game, but, i mean, its not really fun. Its just way too, well, complicated. I know you Zelda lovers may yell at me, but, i really couldn't beat it w/o the strategy guide. The end is the only real fun part...
  37. Princess_zeldamarchese
    Aug 18, 2006
    This game is super hard and confusing they give give you 3 days to do every thing lol if you now wat to do it might be fun duh I just got it yesterday. P.S., the moon is ugly its going to give me nightmares.
  38. Lev
    Aug 23, 2009
    At first I thought it would be better than OoT, the new, bit darker setting seemed more interesting than the 'save princess and world', and the use of masks to change form also seemed appealing. But this game feels like I'm doing stupid chores for random people, and there's almost absolutely nothing telling you where to go next. Also, after Hyrule field, Termina field At first I thought it would be better than OoT, the new, bit darker setting seemed more interesting than the 'save princess and world', and the use of masks to change form also seemed appealing. But this game feels like I'm doing stupid chores for random people, and there's almost absolutely nothing telling you where to go next. Also, after Hyrule field, Termina field was VERY boring. I didn't even bother to get to the first dungeon. I'm still giving it a relatively good score, because it does have good gameplay elements and ideas, but overall it feels very rushed. Expand
  39. Apr 4, 2011
    The main idea behind MM seems to be to replace most of the dungeons with other sources of gameplay. If this sounds fine to you, you probably don't actually like the Zelda series. Ever since Zelda 1, every game has been designed around the dungeons, because that's what makes them fun. MM only has a few main dungeons, and they're not very good ones either. There isn't much to do in them, andThe main idea behind MM seems to be to replace most of the dungeons with other sources of gameplay. If this sounds fine to you, you probably don't actually like the Zelda series. Ever since Zelda 1, every game has been designed around the dungeons, because that's what makes them fun. MM only has a few main dungeons, and they're not very good ones either. There isn't much to do in them, and to even go in them, you have to run around doing errands for an hour (just like WoW). Now, I'm not saying Zelda absolutely has to be focused on dungeons. The issue is that 90% of the gameplay is designed to only work with the dungeons.

And then, there's the obvious flaws. The fact that they reused everything from OoT, all those masks that barely even change the gameplay, and the fact that Nintendo charges full price for this game. Basically, don't buy this game. If you have to play it, borrow it from someone, and if you're not bored after a few hours, I guess go ahead and buy it.
  40. MichelleP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Fair. Not as brilliant as the first one. I was disappointed they didn't have some of the characters for the first one.
  41. MikeG
    Dec 29, 2009
    I didn't like it. Collecting fairies when you have only a short time to complete a temple is very annoying, and the game doesn't feel as open or as epic as OoT.
  42. Ryencoke
    May 13, 2005
    This is the worst Zelda game, it's not fun at all.
  43. TaraW.
    Dec 5, 2006
    This game sucked it was so stupid it did have that Zelda feel to it lol it didnt feel Zelda like the story line was stupid to But I LOVEDDDD the OOT best game ever.
  44. TarikT.
    Oct 22, 2001
    The story sucked as well as the gameplay, and believe me I would know, I have been gaming all my life.
  45. Char
    Jul 25, 2002
    It doesn't even deserve the name Legend of Zelda. Poor story line and redone Ocarina dungeons make Majora's Mask nothing but a cheap Ocarina of Time remake!
  46. JKROFL
    Aug 1, 2009
    I was going to give this game a 9.7 but I had to round up to 10. Anyway Kudos to Nintendo for such a great game. It`s weird but definately not a bad weird. A person called Angelo B. said something like It may not come close to Oot but it`s so damn close. I don`t think that makes sense. How can a game be close and not close at the same time? Regardless of that nonsensical comment I think I was going to give this game a 9.7 but I had to round up to 10. Anyway Kudos to Nintendo for such a great game. It`s weird but definately not a bad weird. A person called Angelo B. said something like It may not come close to Oot but it`s so damn close. I don`t think that makes sense. How can a game be close and not close at the same time? Regardless of that nonsensical comment I think it`s a brilliant game. Almost as good as Okami. Expand
  47. Sariachan
    Dec 7, 2003
    One of the best game I ever played, Majora's Mask is hard to finish, complicated to play but, if one gets used to it, M'sM can provide great fun. It's an original and unique game.
  48. DerekT.
    Sep 20, 2003
    This game is Da BOMB people, it rocks, So get it now, its sweet.
  49. Jun 18, 2011
    Majora's Mask is a good game, even a game I'm willing to play again. But it was lacking. As any other Legend of Zelda game it had great dungeons and all the other little things people have learned to love from the Zelda series, but it could never reach the infinite glory many other games of the time could. Even within the Zelda series it becomes forgettable. Now for the more positive:Majora's Mask is a good game, even a game I'm willing to play again. But it was lacking. As any other Legend of Zelda game it had great dungeons and all the other little things people have learned to love from the Zelda series, but it could never reach the infinite glory many other games of the time could. Even within the Zelda series it becomes forgettable. Now for the more positive: Termina is a great place and the game evolves in it's own unique way. Majora's Mask is still a good play and one I would recommend to almost anyone. Expand
  50. Nov 23, 2011
    Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3dsWtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Thats all I have to say. Expand
  51. Aug 23, 2012
    I personally did not enjoy this, but it has it's good points. The 3-day cycle was the only thing keeping me going. Masks and constantly taking out the ocarina was a pain in the ass. Did not enjoy the story, but still buy it, it's only my opinion after all.
  52. Jun 6, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is oftentimes overlooked and overshadowed by it's older brother, Ocarina of Time. But in Majora's Mask you'll find something unlike anything else. I could go on about the stellar perfectly balanced and responsive gameplay, the then fantastic graphics, the huge at it's time unheard of open world, the familiar and likeable characters, or even the stellarThe Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is oftentimes overlooked and overshadowed by it's older brother, Ocarina of Time. But in Majora's Mask you'll find something unlike anything else. I could go on about the stellar perfectly balanced and responsive gameplay, the then fantastic graphics, the huge at it's time unheard of open world, the familiar and likeable characters, or even the stellar soundtrack. But what sticks most about Majora's Mask is it's theming. Never has there been a game that seems so bright and happy at the surface, but is so dark at it's core. It's something so subtle that many people never notice it when they play. So subtle that still today there are many wild theories and new discoveries. You can't afford to miss it Expand
  53. Sep 17, 2013
    It's Beautiful and Majestic graphics are just as good as Ocarina of Time, but it lacks the charm and warmth of the previous Zelda games and replaces it with a tragic and gloomy story.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask lacks heart and charm. Score: 2/5.
  54. Jub
    Mar 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I did not enjoy this game anywhere near as much as I expected to. Pretty much everything about it is worse than The Ocarina of Time. Don't get me wrong though, it's not a bad game and I am comparing it to the greatest game ever made. I just really don't understand how anyone can say this game is the better of the two.

I'll admit that there are a slack handful of improvements, but only to basic mechanics such as changing your items mid conversation. However, the story, characters, music i.e. everything important is worse, and I don't mean slightly, I mean they really did slap this game together.

*SPOILER [start]*
    If you could disable the time limit in the game altogether, you could probably complete the game at a leisurely pace in 10-15 hours. I recently watched my friend play The Ocarina of Time for the first time and it took him 120 hours. Yes I know that this is the whole point to Majora's Mask but repetitive gameplay is about as boring [for me] as it gets.
    *SPOILER [end]*

Whilst most of the time I do appreciate Nintendo and their innovative visions, this time I did not.
  55. Feb 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Other than wanting attention....I give it a 5 because you can't relax.....its great that there is truly a lot to it......but the masks don't really seem to be as unique or powerful as i had hoped for after an awesome town and music..........Great story and i love how its the same Skull kid from the first or something.....awesome how the skull kid has some prior relationship with the giants.......If i gave it any higher of a score it would only be because im yet to see anything top these two games as far as magical feelings are concerned.....although the giants in real life will always lead you to fight the evil moon.............Giants can see the future sometimes is what im saying....even though they eat so fast.. Expand
  56. Oct 28, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda series is a series I'm still fairly new to, but I know why this series is so highly respected. All of the Zelda games I've played have been some of the best gaming experiences I've ever played. And Majora's Mask is no different. It's the most unique entry I've played so far. It's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time so unlike most Zelda games your actually playing as theThe Legend of Zelda series is a series I'm still fairly new to, but I know why this series is so highly respected. All of the Zelda games I've played have been some of the best gaming experiences I've ever played. And Majora's Mask is no different. It's the most unique entry I've played so far. It's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time so unlike most Zelda games your actually playing as the same Link (the main character of all Zelda games), the story has nothing to do with Ganon, Princess Zelda, or the Tri-Force, and It's focus this time is more on time and side quests than any other entry. In this game you have three days to save the world, and you can do this by rewinding, slowing, and fast-forwarding time. When you first start the game it feels like it's going to be a short experience because there are only a few locations and only four main dungeons, and maybe do to this they decided to up the difficulty, but once you get into it you'll begin to see just how big this game is. It's the most challenging Zelda game I've played, but the game comes packed with 24 masks, most of which are collected by helping out the locals, to help you out. All of the masks have their own abilities, some more useful than others, and if you collect them all you get your hands on one of the coolest items of any Zelda game (that I highly recommend you do to, because it makes the last boss soooo much easier). It's awesome and you really should play it. It offers an experience unlike anything you've ever played before. Expand
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    This game lives up to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's standards, even though it is not as good. This time, Young Link appears in a place known as Termina and must fight a new enemy.
  58. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Majora's Mask is definitely a step in a different direction in terms of a traditional Zelda game. Fortunately, this is a good thing, as a simple enough initial story involving the saving of the world from doom in a span of 3 days, is superseded by a vast array of stories of the characters all over the game. These stories really define the mood of Majora's Mask, and make this game the most story involved Zelda yet. This game is definitely weird though, probably the most unusual Zelda game ever. Although there are only 4 dungeons, they are expertly designed and clever. The gameplay is tweaked in Majora's Mask, as you use masks to complete tasks, overcome obstacles and defeat enemies. This game deserves a 9.7, but doesn't deserve a perfect 10, so I gave it a 9/10. Expand
  59. Nov 30, 2011
    Majora's Mask is a brilliant game, it stands as one of the absolute best entries in the Zelda franchise. It has one of the most powerful soundtracks of the series, the deepest and most meaningful story and characters, and some of the best dungeons and items in Zelda history. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played and I still go back to it over and over. I very highly recommendMajora's Mask is a brilliant game, it stands as one of the absolute best entries in the Zelda franchise. It has one of the most powerful soundtracks of the series, the deepest and most meaningful story and characters, and some of the best dungeons and items in Zelda history. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played and I still go back to it over and over. I very highly recommend Majora's Mask to anyone who likes Zelda or action/adventure games. Expand
  60. Dec 10, 2011
    I was really happy when I managed to get my hands on this game. Sure, the story really has very little to do with it, considering there are so many side quests and minigames, and the graphics aren't that great compared to those today (Dec. 11 2011). This is probably my favorite in the series, with the next closest A Link to the Past. The 3-day time limit makes for some intense gameplayI was really happy when I managed to get my hands on this game. Sure, the story really has very little to do with it, considering there are so many side quests and minigames, and the graphics aren't that great compared to those today (Dec. 11 2011). This is probably my favorite in the series, with the next closest A Link to the Past. The 3-day time limit makes for some intense gameplay when you find yourself in the middle of a dungeon on the final night, and gives speedrunners a goal to work towards (Completing it in a single 3-day cycle, after retrieving the Ocarina). I believe this is still one of the greatest games ever made, and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it even somewhat (Bremen mask FTW!). Expand
  61. Dec 3, 2011
    A quirky and unique twist on the classic Zelda style that tells a new story unlike anything Zelda has seen before or since. Majora's Mask is truly the perfect follow-up to the classic Ocarina of Time, and stands beside it as one of the crown jewels of the Zelda name. You must play this game.
  62. Nov 3, 2013
    This will forever be the best game that was ever released on the N64. While Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece, the added element of the mask system and the 3 day repeating time limit was something that I had never seen in a game before. While not a true sequel to OoT, Majora's Mask is seen as the little brother to the OoT legacy. While OoT has had a few re-releases over the years over eshopThis will forever be the best game that was ever released on the N64. While Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece, the added element of the mask system and the 3 day repeating time limit was something that I had never seen in a game before. While not a true sequel to OoT, Majora's Mask is seen as the little brother to the OoT legacy. While OoT has had a few re-releases over the years over eshop and 3DS, Majora's Mask was not released on eshop till well after OoT and it probably won't be remade outside that like OoT was. This a shame too it was so captivating that it kept you coming back over and over again, making you feel like you were always running out of time before that giant moon with the face on it came crashing down. Expand
  63. Dec 31, 2011
    This game didn't make me want to play it again like ocarina, but it still rocks, because Legend of Zelda will be forever played, doesn't matter where or when, people still love it. The graphics are good, the same as ocarina; it's not the perfect sequel for ocarina; you can turn into Deku, Goron, Zora and, if you get all the other masks and play hide and seek with the moon children,This game didn't make me want to play it again like ocarina, but it still rocks, because Legend of Zelda will be forever played, doesn't matter where or when, people still love it. The graphics are good, the same as ocarina; it's not the perfect sequel for ocarina; you can turn into Deku, Goron, Zora and, if you get all the other masks and play hide and seek with the moon children, specially Fierce Deity, that makes you stronger than final boss, Majora's Mask (in its three forms!!!!); you have to repeat the forth dungeon upside down; Skull Kid is evil now; you can ride Epona already after the second dungeon; you have the same equipment from ocarina; the song of time is used in a very different way from ocarina's; it just has 10 songs; it's as difficult as ocarina; it's smaller than ocarina; Ganondorf is much more difficult than Majora's Mask. I just can say congratulations to Nintendo, because they created another game for The Legend of Zelda series, and we are proud to have the chance to play it, thank you!!! Expand
  64. May 28, 2012
    What is there to say? This is gaming at its best. OOC and Majoras Mask are the 2 best games I can think of in this genre. Nothing has come close to matching these 2 games. They really don't make games like this any more. Quality, and fun to play. Well thought out and well made.
  65. Nov 15, 2012
    Of all the Zelda games, this one definitely has the best side quests. The main game is not bad, but definitely sub par compared to the more popular releases, but the game definitely has some of the best side quests of all time.
  66. May 22, 2012
    Sequel of the best adventure game ever. Is hard to do a good game again, and Nintendo almost achieved it. All the good things from the first one are here: graphics, dungeons, enemies, fighting techniques and items. There are also a lot of new possibilities with the masks. The world is bigger and there are new puzzles. However, I can't give it more than 8 because some things are annoying.Sequel of the best adventure game ever. Is hard to do a good game again, and Nintendo almost achieved it. All the good things from the first one are here: graphics, dungeons, enemies, fighting techniques and items. There are also a lot of new possibilities with the masks. The world is bigger and there are new puzzles. However, I can't give it more than 8 because some things are annoying. You can't play as adult Link and most of the game, you're forced to play as a certain character because of the plot. Collapse
  67. Sep 3, 2014
    Many people have regarded this as superior to Ocarina of Time. I am not one of those people, but the only reason I say that is because of the time limit. Normally, I'm not the best when it comes to Zelda games, which is why when I am playing Majora's Mask which contains a couple of the hardest dungeons ever in a Zelda games with an added time limit, I always piss my pants. SeriouslyMany people have regarded this as superior to Ocarina of Time. I am not one of those people, but the only reason I say that is because of the time limit. Normally, I'm not the best when it comes to Zelda games, which is why when I am playing Majora's Mask which contains a couple of the hardest dungeons ever in a Zelda games with an added time limit, I always piss my pants. Seriously though, it can be frustrating unless you are like super pro. Besides that, I loved the story, the dark atmosphere, and the interesting overworld of Termina unlike Ocarina of Time which had an almost empty Hyrule Field. Simply put, it's a great sequel to OoT and certainly a great game in the series. 10/10 (Oh god not the Great Bay Temple and the Stone Tower Temple... PLEASE, HAVE MERCY!) Expand
  68. Aug 26, 2012
    Wow, i did not know a game could be much better than Oot. But this game, a sequel of one of the greatest masterpieces has overdone it in my opinion. It took the amazing features from ocarina of time and still added new ones. This review will basically be a comparison to Oot and why i think it is better. Saying that, im not hating on Oot, i still think it is an amazing game. Firstly, letsWow, i did not know a game could be much better than Oot. But this game, a sequel of one of the greatest masterpieces has overdone it in my opinion. It took the amazing features from ocarina of time and still added new ones. This review will basically be a comparison to Oot and why i think it is better. Saying that, im not hating on Oot, i still think it is an amazing game. Firstly, lets start with the map, in Oot, you are given a huge map, probably 60% of this map has nothing on it, and when you want to go to Gerudo Valley, you have to trek it all the way from Hyrule to get there. On MM the map is filled with side quests and various other places to visit. Secondly, the characters, in Oot the characters are very unique and have their own personalities. But i cant help but love the fact that in MM each person has their own daily routines of the 3 days, it just adds a world more character to them. Also there were alot more sidequests in MM as there were various mask to collect. Lastly, i dont know why people hate that its timed so much, i think it adds a whole lot more depth to the game. Oh yeah and to reset the time you just play a song, takes like 10 seconds, retard. Expand
  69. Mar 22, 2016
    Recently had a chance to play through this one again and although it is not my favorite Zelda by any means, it is a very well designed game. I am a classic Zelda fan so the more vintage Ocarina of Time story and environment is what I prefer, but many play style elements in OOT are improved. I do not like being timed or the childish aspect of many of the masks, but the puzzles and dungeonsRecently had a chance to play through this one again and although it is not my favorite Zelda by any means, it is a very well designed game. I am a classic Zelda fan so the more vintage Ocarina of Time story and environment is what I prefer, but many play style elements in OOT are improved. I do not like being timed or the childish aspect of many of the masks, but the puzzles and dungeons are so well made it overshadows these minor flaws. If you have any heart for Zelda, this is definitely worth trying. alot of die hard fans consider this one to be the best. Expand
  70. Nov 19, 2012
    The darkest, most engrossing and brilliant game in its series. Perhaps even surpasses Ocarina.
  71. Jul 25, 2013
    truly a great game! not the best zelda of all time but a wonderful and unique addition to series! there are tons of sidequests to do! termina is bustling full of life! there is always something to do, every hour in majoras mask! there are so many vibrant characters to meet and with interesting stories to tell you! you get immersed in the world of termina because you interact with alltruly a great game! not the best zelda of all time but a wonderful and unique addition to series! there are tons of sidequests to do! termina is bustling full of life! there is always something to do, every hour in majoras mask! there are so many vibrant characters to meet and with interesting stories to tell you! you get immersed in the world of termina because you interact with all characters and you learn about them and their story and you get to be involved with their ordeals and make an impact on their outcome! you really feel like your actions are affecting the world! the story is unique also; the game brings a fresh new twist to the zelda series with a new land to explore, new boss, new story, new situation, new everything! except the recylced characters and gameplay from ocarina of time but other than that everything else is brand new! the game also brings a strong sense of urgency! termina is threatening to get crushed by a big ass moon and everyone's lives are in danger! you really felt like you had to save them and the land from impending danger!

my only problem with this game; the 3 day clock system! while an interesting concept, it was really disheartening to see all the people i just saved and helped, go back to their original troublesome situations with their problems unsolved again! it was strongly discouraging to see all the i did gone in the blink of an eye! makes me feel like i went back to square one even though i achieved so much! this is the number one reason why refuse to give this game a perfect 10! i think if this game operated in real time like the ocarina of time i would definantly have given this game at least a 9! overall though, great job nintendo!

great story, great graphics, great character development, fun quests and sidequests, llllllooooot of stuff to do..............8 out of 10!
  72. Oct 28, 2012
    I really love this game. The story is every emotional and different. The temples are not as great as Ocarina of Time but the temples don't play a major part in the whole game as they did in OoT.
  73. Jan 7, 2013
    Majora's Mask takes the engine from Ocarina of Time, throws all the original gameplay out the window, and says "F*** it, we're doing something new." Time travel is perfected with a new version of said time travel bringing a sense of urgency and haste, with Termina doomed to be destroyed by the moon in 3 days. With 4 dungeons, the game may seem short, but the real length comes in the vastMajora's Mask takes the engine from Ocarina of Time, throws all the original gameplay out the window, and says "F*** it, we're doing something new." Time travel is perfected with a new version of said time travel bringing a sense of urgency and haste, with Termina doomed to be destroyed by the moon in 3 days. With 4 dungeons, the game may seem short, but the real length comes in the vast majority of side quests. This is one place where Majora's Mask exceeds the standard set by Ocarina Of Time. As a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time released a year later, it sounds like a blatant cash-grab, but rather, takes what players enjoy about Ocarina of Time and adds more, and removes annoyances, and this is why Majora's Mask is truly the best Zelda game. Expand
  74. Jan 20, 2013
    To say this game stands up does not do it justice. This game is my favorite game i have ever played. The reason people didn't like it was it was different. wait... isent that the thing people are begging for nowadays? new concepts, puzzles and games changes? Honestly im hard to come up with criticism for this game. This may sound weird but the best part seemed to be the fact it wasent asTo say this game stands up does not do it justice. This game is my favorite game i have ever played. The reason people didn't like it was it was different. wait... isent that the thing people are begging for nowadays? new concepts, puzzles and games changes? Honestly im hard to come up with criticism for this game. This may sound weird but the best part seemed to be the fact it wasent as sucessful as oot. You see, oot was remade multiple times, and became a cheat sheet for the rest of the zelda games, but majoras mask was not, meening it is an original title that is still fun. The difficulty is one of my favorite parts of this game though, which seemed to be scrapped in every other zelda game. not puzzle dificulty, just difficulty. The 3rd boss for example is just about impossible, and is something you would never find in wind waker, which seemed about as hard as slicing a loaf of bread. However, the best part about this game might just be the underlining tone. The game seems to get to you, and sometimes makes you wonder if the world is worth saving, and keeps making you 2nd think if the main bad guys is evil or just being controlled. The 5 sections representing the 5 stages of loss is a nice touch, and really helps the games theme. Overall, even on nowadays standard majoras mask is amazing, and should defiinently be played. if none of this was enough, u get fierce deity link. best reward in any game ever Expand
  75. Mar 7, 2013
    How do you make an already perfect game a worthy sequel that could quite possibly be even better? I don't know but somehow Nintendo managed to do just that. The sequel to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, is a game I've wanted to play for a long time. I always was the game at the store, but I always thought it was simply a remake of Ocarina....I couldn't have been more wrong. This game is aHow do you make an already perfect game a worthy sequel that could quite possibly be even better? I don't know but somehow Nintendo managed to do just that. The sequel to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, is a game I've wanted to play for a long time. I always was the game at the store, but I always thought it was simply a remake of Ocarina....I couldn't have been more wrong. This game is a tension driver as your world is about to end and you must find all the missing masks, armed with only you sword, shield, and Ocarina as the only things keeping the moon at bay from destroying the planet and saving the world from a mad orphan. Majora's Mask has taken possession of the Skull Kid and even Link isn't strong enough to stop him alone. Getting to each of the 4 dungeons is in itself, a challenge. The whole world is almost as big as Ocarina's world, but your seriously more restricted this time in the game. The only way to progress through the strory is collect all the masks of power to find a way to stop the Suicidal moon. The game changer here is that you only have 3 Days to do it and with that moon hangin over your head literally all the time, you can't help but feel uneasy when it comes ever closer to your demise. The focus lies primarily on side quests, but that is anything but a bad thing. These quests all have their little personal stories and make you really feel for the sorrow of the people of Termina. Plus all thes stories intertwine with the main conflict and its really interesting to see it all come together in the end. This is a depressing game and while you are driven to save as many people as possible, you must admit to yourself that you can't save them all and thats hard truth you must accept. The challenge in this game is unbelievable so don't be surprised to find yourself staring time all over again before you can take another crack at it. The use of masks is also an awesome change of things and you really have to think out of the box when using them. The ultimate mask Fierce Diety, is also a very important item to use for the final boss since this has to be one of the hardest final bosses I've ever played against. In fact its the last part of the game I haven't beaten yet. The dark atmosphere, tension, story, and unique concept in this game truly makes it an incredible sequel to one of the greatest games ever! Expand
  76. Jun 25, 2013
    How does one follow up Ocarina of Time, a game considered to be one of the greatest of all time. hailed as a masterpiece by all?
    Majora's Mask.
    Majora's Mask.

This has to be the most dark, depressing, and creative Zelda game I have ever played. Everything in this game helps to make it darker and more intense. The three day mechanic creates an extreme amount of tension, the world design is consistently dark, and the people of Termina are all suffering from their own individual issues.

It's a really odd feeling when you save someone only then to go back in time and undo everything you had just accomplished. It's a feeling I've never had with any game, one that only Majora's Mask can offer.

The only reason I'm not giving this game a perfect score is because of the temple designs, which are admittedly more annoying then they are interesting.

Majora's Mask is a must play.
  77. Mar 2, 2013
    Im going to keep it short and simple. I love this game because they blended up the colourful fantasy environments with darker ones. It gives the game a more solid experience, like Twilight Princess. Compared to Skyward Sword, with its e10+ rating, "cartoony" graphics and childish characters MM/TP is the way to go according to me. I hope nintendo does another game for the mature crowd,Im going to keep it short and simple. I love this game because they blended up the colourful fantasy environments with darker ones. It gives the game a more solid experience, like Twilight Princess. Compared to Skyward Sword, with its e10+ rating, "cartoony" graphics and childish characters MM/TP is the way to go according to me. I hope nintendo does another game for the mature crowd, which Im guessing is the biggest segment of the Zelda fans. When comparing the sales of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword it is clear. Expand
  78. Jun 19, 2013
    I would have enjoyed this game more if I didn't force myself to figure out all the side quests, even ones where I didn't like the people that I was helping (those cranky dancing twins). That being said, I loved the game. It made me cry multiple times, it immersed me, it made me think philosophically, and I came to love the gameplay mechanics. The world is unique and wonderful and has soI would have enjoyed this game more if I didn't force myself to figure out all the side quests, even ones where I didn't like the people that I was helping (those cranky dancing twins). That being said, I loved the game. It made me cry multiple times, it immersed me, it made me think philosophically, and I came to love the gameplay mechanics. The world is unique and wonderful and has so many things to do, I still haven't done them all after months of playing. Expand
  79. Nov 8, 2013
    The creepiest, darkest and greatest Zelda game out there majoras mask is truly a masterwork. There is no other Zelda game like it and if you ever get a chance to, play it
  80. Aug 5, 2013
    How can I describe this game? It is a masterpiece! The point of the game is to save the world from the moon colliding with earth in three days, and the moon is falling because of majora's mask, an enchanted evil mask! To do this you need to find and save the four giants. To help you, you have magic masks that allows you to transform into a deku scrub, a goron, and a zora. The concept ofHow can I describe this game? It is a masterpiece! The point of the game is to save the world from the moon colliding with earth in three days, and the moon is falling because of majora's mask, an enchanted evil mask! To do this you need to find and save the four giants. To help you, you have magic masks that allows you to transform into a deku scrub, a goron, and a zora. The concept of having just three days to save term... termin... terminia? Is a great idea! Also, the game is kind of depressing and you just feel a bit down after playing it. Like the dead deku boy. You just feel bad for it! And the music! OH THE MUSIC! I've downloaded a whole bunt of the tracks to my phone! Some tracks are scary or depressing, and other makes you happy and pumped! And the graphics are a great improvement from OOT.

Others might say that it's a copy of OOT. To them I say: what? It's a complete different concept, storyline, mood, heck, even world! One thing that There are also a bunch of side quests that you can do and a ton of masks to find!

the three day time limit might seem hard, but they make it so easy to handle so it's no problem! Find yourself in a temple with two hours left? just play the song of time and start the dungeon over again from the first day!

I love everything about the game except one thing!... NO SAVE FEATURE! You want to save? you can't! You have to find a frickin owl statue and smack it with your sword! if you don't do that, you'll have to start over from the last time you played the song of time! But otherwise it's a wonderful game and I highly recommend it!
  81. Sep 19, 2013
    I think Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time, because of the dungeons and the transformation mask. In the game, a mask salesman finds an ancient mask called Majora's Mask, and an imp (Skull Kid) steals it from him. Later, Link is traveling a forest (People think he's looking for Navi) and Skull Kid steals Links instrument called the Ocarina of Time. When Link chases Skull Kid, heI think Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time, because of the dungeons and the transformation mask. In the game, a mask salesman finds an ancient mask called Majora's Mask, and an imp (Skull Kid) steals it from him. Later, Link is traveling a forest (People think he's looking for Navi) and Skull Kid steals Links instrument called the Ocarina of Time. When Link chases Skull Kid, he finds him, and Link turns into a Deku Scrub. A while later, he meets the salesman. The salesman tells him that if he wants to return to his formal self, find his instrument and bring it back to him. The salesman says he has to find it within 3 days because that's when he has to leave. After Link finds it on the final day, he plays a song and gets sent back in time to the first day. He brings it to the salesman and he gets him back to normal. Link can then put on a mask and he'll turn back into a Deku Scub. Then Link needs to find Majora's Mask within 3 days, but he'll be able to go back to the first day by playing the song I mentioned. Link will end up being able to transform into a Zora and Goron, too. Also, the "Carnival of Time" is in 3 days, and a moon with a face is going ti crash into Termina and kill everyone. Expand
  82. Oct 14, 2013
    Ignore the trolls reviewing here, this game is a solid title, but its shorter than OOT if you do not go into side quests, or aim to 100% the entire game,
    it adds alot to the gameplay with the expanded graphics and RAM capabilities, and the mask system is pretty unique
    the N64 Zeldas seem to be the definative titles in the series (next to Link to the past (SNES))
  83. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is amazing, not quite as long as its predecessor, but with no less heart.
    Majora's Mask's story is amazing, it is a story of friendship, heartbreak, revenge, and redemption all done in a lighthearted but mature way and not the traditional Nintendo happy go lucky way.
    The gameplay is solid with some improvements upon Ocarina of Time, the animations are more fluid, and there are more of them, link instead of awkwardly jumping in one direction, instead does a flip or a side jump across jumps.
    The NPC's will at first seem too be lazy and rehashes from the last game, but if you pay attention too the story it will make sense why they're all back.
    If you haven't played this game you ether need mental treatment, or you're wasting your time reading this, go play it, NOW.
  84. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is definitely the best Zelda game that I have ever played. A Zelda game that is different from others, focusing more on side quests instead of the main game itself. The story is great, where you basically have three days to save the land of Termina. The game play is great as you collect masks throughout the game to become different kind of things. Making yourself a little more different than your actual character. The dungeons are fun and unique, even though there are only four dungeons in the entire game. And the boss fights are fun and challenging. The music is fantastic as well. A good thing for Majora's Mask is that it is darker and mysterious unlike other Zelda games. This is a spectacular sequel from the previous game "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time." Expand
  85. Dec 25, 2013
    A brilliant game, just what we could expect from the genius Miyamoto.
    Definitely an original entry and another way to see this legendary series, Majora's Mask captivates.
    A brilliant game, just what we could expect from the genius Miyamoto.
    More than the perfect Zelda gameplay and feeling of adventure that defines the series, it's the atmosphere that characterizes this game. Link is here confronted to the darkest sides of his journey going through a land of despair in order to save it from the Moon threatening to crash and destroy everything.
    The Legend of Zelda series is and will always be one of the greatest video game series of all time because of titles like this one. A masterpiece, a Zelda game.
    And if anyone ever doubts the magic of this series or the genius of Miyamoto, just head over Youtube and watch the "Is Link Dead in Majora's Mask video. Thank me later for put you back in the right path.
  86. Jan 2, 2014
    I actually understand why people like or dislike this Zelda. As a direct sequel we all had high hopes and everything. I skip all the obvious thing, because you can read just the other.
    What makes this game so unique Zelda or game in general? The symbolization. For example the Majora`s Mask grief theory.(just google it) And all the people influence at Link, the sidequests and the three day. I mean i can`t think of a RPG where there different from day to day. Just pay attention if you know what I mean.
  87. Mar 31, 2014
    this game is awesome, it starts off very slow, but if you can make it through, you'll have what i consider the best experience in the franchise, even more so than OOT, i think this game deserves a lot more credit than it gets
  88. Mar 14, 2014
    While not as popular as it's predecessor majora's mask has so much symbolic meaning and is by far the deepest, darkest, and saddest entry in the Zelda franchise by far, but this game can be frustrating for first time players and might turn off some hardcore Zelda fans with it's lack of dungeons. However it still rocks and is one of my most favorite games to date
  89. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 9

The sequel of Ocarina Of Time, it could be 10 but hand´t the magic and the surprise factor of predecessor.
  90. Oct 25, 2014
    On the surface, a rather fun and enjoyable dungeon-crawler through a very vibrant world. Below that, an adventure underlined with some seriously eerie dark surrealism underneath it. Between the rather cryptic dialogue that shows up every now and then, the more-disturbing-the-more-you-think-about-it event that happens at the farm if you fail, to even the very way you acquire theOn the surface, a rather fun and enjoyable dungeon-crawler through a very vibrant world. Below that, an adventure underlined with some seriously eerie dark surrealism underneath it. Between the rather cryptic dialogue that shows up every now and then, the more-disturbing-the-more-you-think-about-it event that happens at the farm if you fail, to even the very way you acquire the transformation masks, there's a feeling of unrest, of uncertainty, and a tint of somberness to the atmosphere. Which is all only enhanced by the ever-so-slow growing tension given by the impending apocolypse of the moon crashing down.

The atmosphere is one of a kind, and the game's pretty fun too. My absolute peak of the zelda franchise. I wish there were more of a games with a subtle, yet vibrant world like it. Also wish stuff like Stone-Tower Temple would show up again. That dungeon was great.

Do recommend.
  91. Mar 18, 2016
    This was my first Zelda game, so it has to have a heavy nostalgic appeal to me. It's a fantastic game. it's kinda... challenging. I was pretty young when I first played this game, and the 3 day time limit overwhelmed me. Years later, and the time limit still overwhelmed me, but at that time I was an experienced gamer, and I beat the game. This is not a game I can recommend to a casualThis was my first Zelda game, so it has to have a heavy nostalgic appeal to me. It's a fantastic game. it's kinda... challenging. I was pretty young when I first played this game, and the 3 day time limit overwhelmed me. Years later, and the time limit still overwhelmed me, but at that time I was an experienced gamer, and I beat the game. This is not a game I can recommend to a casual gamer. Anyways, the story is the darkest in the series by far. I don't spoil plots in games, but this stuff is dark. The soundtrack is amazing as well. The graphics are better than Ocarina of Time, but in my opinion, it's still no the best the N64 can offer. This is one of the best Zelda games you can play, and I highly recommend it... to hardcore gamers. Expand
  92. May 22, 2012

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 2000
#2 Most Shared N64 Game of 2000

1. Where Majora rises to the top is its concept – three days to save the world. The execution of the idea is flawless: time means everything and the player always has to be aware. The save system is absolutely perfect, letting players feel comfortable in controlling time but still keeping them on the edge of their seats when things get hairy.
  2. CNET Gamecenter
    Stunning, optimized graphics; immersive, rich sound; refined, complex, and deep gameplay; and a mature, gripping plot make it a game that you won't want to miss.
  3. Da Gameboyz
    Da Graphics: To say nothing short of astonishing is an understatement.