9.2

1. Nov 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Majora's Mask is an amazing game. I can't say it's the best in the series tho, as I'm conflicted between MM and Wind Waker.

Majora's Mask to me is like the Morrowind or the Burning Crusade of the Zelda Series. It's new, different, creepy and out of place. The whole world has a "Depressed" feeling to it. It can be a pretty dark game. It get's even darker the more you play it and the more you pay attention to the surroundings in the world.

The main story is pretty short. There are only four dungeons excluding the Moon ( which is just 1 boss ) in the whole game. Each dungeon however, is pretty great in it's own way. Each dungeon as a sort of gimmick or thing to it. Woodfall doesn't have much of one, but Snowhead revolves around the idea of a controlable platform in the main room. Lower or Higher the platform to get into different areas.

Great Bay, while water temples are usually hated, is a pretty ok dungeon. It revolves around changing the water flow to unlock certain areas.

The most amazing of the four tho, is Stone Tower. It has a pretty epic idea of climbing a massive tower to get into it. Halfway through tho, you will be able to literally flip the temple upside down to access chests and doors that were previously upside down to begin with. It's pretty amazing as the developers had to design a dungeon to work both right-side up and up-side down at the same time.

The reason the game has a lack of dungeons compared to other games in the series, is the fact there are MANY side-quests. In fact I'd say that 30% of your play time contributes to the Main-Quest and 70% to Side-Quests. Best of all is the Side-Quests let you learn more about the world, and how everyone has been effected by current events.

You're probably wondering if I think it's better than Ocarina of Time/Master Quest or not. In my opinion, it's much better than OoT.

Overall tho, if you've already played OoT and would like a similar game to play, Majora's Mask will feel like an expansion to OoT. I would recommend it if you're looking for that sort of thing. MM runs in the same engine as OoT with a few minor modifications. It uses the N64 Expansion Pack. It uses the Expansion Pack to display Motion-Blur effects.
  2. Nov 9, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, full stop. This is the first time I have ever handed out a 10/10 on Metacritic. There is not a thing wrong with it and if you plan on buying it, I'd wait for the 3DS version to come out. It's more likable than Ocarina of time in my opinion, because the story is just so much more developed and darker - with noticeable themes running through the game as you explore Termina. As said, it is my favorite game of all time. 10/10 Expand
  3. Nov 6, 2014
    Zelda - Majora's mask is for everyone who likes deep emotional stories. This is one of the best stories i have seen. There is so much intense, touching, actionfilled parts!

This game gives you so much "background-thoughs" while you are solving temples, like: Is everyone going to remember what Link did to whole world? or I am the only one who can save the world... The music "feels" with
    me, and that is why the music is perfect on this game.

Please, try this game right now if you haven't!
  4. Oct 25, 2014
    On the surface, a rather fun and enjoyable dungeon-crawler through a very vibrant world. Below that, an adventure underlined with some seriously eerie dark surrealism underneath it. Between the rather cryptic dialogue that shows up every now and then, the more-disturbing-the-more-you-think-about-it event that happens at the farm if you fail, to even the very way you acquire the transformation masks, there's a feeling of unrest, of uncertainty, and a tint of somberness to the atmosphere. Which is all only enhanced by the ever-so-slow growing tension given by the impending apocolypse of the moon crashing down.

The atmosphere is one of a kind, and the game's pretty fun too. My absolute peak of the zelda franchise. I wish there were more of a games with a subtle, yet vibrant world like it. Also wish stuff like Stone-Tower Temple would show up again. That dungeon was great.

Do recommend.
  5. Oct 13, 2014
    My first 3D Zelda game. It is an awesome experience with many sidequests and things to do. It features only 4 major dungeons, but all of them are pretty good and the boss fights are really well done. Trying to complete to Bombers's Notebook will definitely keep you busy. I like this game, as all NPCs have their own lives and routines and there are many little stories for you to discover, while the rest being very entertaining as well. Moreover, the masks give you a lot of unique abilities, thus making the whole adventure unique. Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2014
    A dark and strange twist to Ocarina of time, even though side quests may not be everyone's cup of tea but in terms of experience and story, this game delivers more than the last game could ever achieve, sure it reuses alot of stuff from the last game, the obvious improvements make up for it and theres always something that will reach out to you in the story, have you ever been rejected by friends? Then skull kid's story can relate to you, the whole always makes you feel trapped in time.In three days, the world is going to be destroyed, you can't get on with life until you save the world, everyone you met, everyone will die and saving them in the end feels rewarding to me. Expand
  7. Sep 25, 2014
    "Majora's Mask" is the darkest, most grotesque, and difficult game in the series, and it just so happens to be my favorite Legend of Zelda video game. The time limit creates so much tension while playing, and the puzzles can be very difficult, and the story is quite original and somewhat morose. I personally feel "Majora's Mask" is superior to "Ocarina of Time".
  8. Sep 3, 2014
    Many people have regarded this as superior to Ocarina of Time. I am not one of those people, but the only reason I say that is because of the time limit. Normally, I'm not the best when it comes to Zelda games, which is why when I am playing Majora's Mask which contains a couple of the hardest dungeons ever in a Zelda games with an added time limit, I always piss my pants. Seriously though, it can be frustrating unless you are like super pro. Besides that, I loved the story, the dark atmosphere, and the interesting overworld of Termina unlike Ocarina of Time which had an almost empty Hyrule Field. Simply put, it's a great sequel to OoT and certainly a great game in the series. 10/10 (Oh god not the Great Bay Temple and the Stone Tower Temple... PLEASE, HAVE MERCY!) Expand
  9. Jul 31, 2014
    I have played all of the Zelda games, even the newer ones and I have to say that this one is my absolute favorite. Not only is it an excellent sequel to an already excellent game, it's a darker note in the series that sort of gives it a different edge than a normal Zelda game. Not only is the story good but the temples are well thought out although they are few. There are many optional side quests to allow you to get all the masks and you are most certainly rewarded for all of your hard work at the end and likewise all of the puzzles and mini games and side quests are fun and well worth the time. The game is challenging as all good Zelda games should be but this one has challenges that not only increase difficulty but make the game feel a bit more dark compared to OoT. The graphics and music (as always) and the game has great replay value. Be careful trying to use the guide, I know there are some mistakes in it (I've heard horror stories particularly with the water temple) so I would personally avoid it or at least be careful with your songs. Overall, as I mentioned, this is my favorite Zelda game in the series and I can't say enough good things about it...the only thing that can really be critiqued is the 3 day time reset gets a bit annoying but it IS what allows you to do ALL of the quests. Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    Once I heard that link is dead in here, I disbanded it. But I listened to the theory and (even though it is false since nintendo only had one year, they put gameplay before narrative) it got me hooked. I played it once at a friends house and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It is just so good. Best game ever.
  11. Jun 23, 2014
    You know what, my score says just about all you need to know of what I think about the game, so instead of just saying what everyone else has already said, I'll first highlight a few things that are flawed about the game.

Like Ocarina of Time, it is a bit outdated in certain areas, though that's to be expected. The 3 day cycle, while overall a well thought out and well implemented
    mechanic, essentially puts a time limit on the game, and this has some annoying consequences. For example, saving is much more of a hassle, losing your items is annoying, and it can be frustrating to have to start over because you ran out of time, though the ability to slow down time makes this less problematic. While many of the sidequests are interesting and rewarding, the main quest is much shorter than other Zelda games, and while it is paced well, it's a little disappointing in length. And while collecting all of the different masks is cool, only a handful of them are actually useful. Most of them are only used once for a very specific purpose, and are then completely useless. I'm not saying that I wanted all of the masks to do elaborate things, but it would have been nice if more of them had practical applications and uses in the game.

Another thing I want to mention is that ever since it came out, there's been a bit of animosity between fans of OOT and fans of MM, which I find rather silly. To fans of OOT, just because MM is different doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, I think it's a good thing, because a good sequel tries new and interesting things, and doesn't just rehash what the original already did. To fans of MM, disliking OOT because it overshadows MM is rather uncalled for. First of all, MM has actually really skyrocketed in popularity in recent years, and in the many top 10 Zelda lists I've seen, I've actually seen MM put at number 1 more often than OOT. Secondly, MM owes it's existence to OOT. A lot of the assets from OOT were reused in MM, and it's safe to say that if OOT hadn't existed, and hadn't been as successful as it was, MM probably wouldn't have happened.

Now, all of that aside, this is a fantastic game, and a worthy sequel to OOT. Along with OOT, this is one of my favorite games of all time. And...I'm not sure what else to say. It's good, and you should go play it if you haven't already.
  12. Jun 19, 2014
    One of the darker zelda games, Majora's Mask is a slightly more intricate entry that focuses on the characters and themes more than the adventure. I consider OOT the better game, but Majora's Mask is still a classic masterpiece
  13. Jun 5, 2014
    I was really impressed with how fun this game was. It was a whole new idea; the masks and the 3 day cycle thing. I thought it would be a little weird for me, but I'm thinking about re-playing it soon, because I miss how unique it was. It's great for all ages, and you won't regret playing it.
  14. Jun 3, 2014
    Not better than Zelda: Ocarina of time but still it's a masterpiece. there is no way to explain the feeling when you play aq good game, because you don't have. listen here, go pick up this game and put a toilet up your ass because you wpn't be moving for weeks. seriously. pick this one and ocarina of time up and hire a chef to cook for you while your having a great time
  15. May 31, 2014
    This game is just a masterpiece,a must have for every true gamer, it's art and nothing else. Astonishing graphics at that time, incredible OST, great NPCs and sidequesting, and the main history. Oh boy, the main history is just as good as it gets, the atmosphere of unrest all over Termina, and what I think makes this game the best of the whole Zelda series is the fact that, no matter how you try, you can't save everyone, because you're gonna have to need to restart every once in a while and eventually no one will remember how much you did for them and that's what makes this entry unique, you are a silent hero for the first time, you are a foreigner that's trying to save people he doesn't know and who he doesn't owe anything because he is a HERO in caps.And this is a GAME in caps, the replayability, the little moments that make this game way more mature than the others like saving people who are already dead, or the Anju-Kafei sidequest, or the Deku Butler's son moment at the end of the game. That makes MM a GAME in caps. Expand
  16. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 9

The sequel of Ocarina Of Time, it could be 10 but hand´t the magic and the surprise factor of predecessor.
  17. May 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. **Could contain minor spoilers**

I LOVE the game! It has so many things to enjoy. Every NPC has his/her own story to follow. And every time you replay the days you get to follow any story you like. It is a very original game overall and the cutscenes and the way the story is told is brilliant. I also love the deeper meaning this game has with the masks of how we all carry many different masks from time to time but we are still the same person underneath. And how Skull kid carries a mask just because he thought he wasn't accepted the way he was when it turns out that there is nothing wrong with him, the mask was the thing that were wrong. This game is filled with action, drama, philosophy, mysteries, secrets and so much more. And the detail that gives the game an even greater experience is to be able to play the role of the legendary Deku, Goron and the Zora and to be able to use their different skills. Simply amazing.

Many complain about that the graphics are old but the game is from year 2000 so that's how the graphics were back then. And if you rate a game mainly on the graphics then you obviously don't know how to rate games. The game is brilliant, no question about it.

The only bad thing i can come to think of is the time limit of the days in-game. The time goes to quickly (even with the "Inverted song of time") and it's hard to enjoy the game fully out without having to feel stressed and that you need to push through the story of the game. I would have liked it if the time would have gone even slower (still with the possibility to speed up or skip time) so you could enjoy the game more and so you wouldn't have to always feel this urge to hurry up. Because right now you have to jump forth and backwards in time a lot and it can be kind of annoying from time to time. But that is the only thing i can judge as negative.

I really hope to see a remake of this game in the future with updated graphics and updated in-game details. Maybe with an expanded range of characters and stories to follow.
  18. May 1, 2014
    Like Ocarina of Time, it's sequel, Majora's Mask is as satisfying game with darker themes, brilliant gameplay and gorgeous graphics.

Majora's Mask is about Link after the events of Ocarina of Time. Link set's off to find his fairy, Navi, but ends up in a parallel universe of Termina. There, Link has three day's to save Termina from Destruction.

Like Ocarina of Time, in this game you
    can play with time even more so than in the previous installment. You can speed up time, slow down time, skip time, and go back in time. And with the three day limit, a sense of urgency is always on you.

Not only that, but the Majora's Mask took some of the best aspects of Ocarina of Time and made them better. The graphics, gameplay, music, and the songs, for example. Also, the world in Majora's Mask, contrary to popular belief, is larger than Ocarina of Times.

Majora's mask story is also very satisfying, as you help people and venture to other lands in Termina, you help remove a sense of darkness over the land. The story is very dark, which makes Majora's Mask one of or the darkest Zelda game..

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is, like Ocarina of Time, is a gorgeous game. High replay value, great graphics, fun gameplay, challenging puzzles, and a long story makes this game a masterpiece to be cherished.
  19. Apr 6, 2014
    I love this game. I really do. I love everything about it; story, visuals, gameplay, characters, emotions, music, the time limit, the creepy imagery of the Stone Tower. It's, in my opinion, the pinnacle of my favorite video game franchise of all time, The Legend of Zelda.
    A masterpiece.
  20. Mar 31, 2014
    this game is awesome, it starts off very slow, but if you can make it through, you'll have what i consider the best experience in the franchise, even more so than OOT, i think this game deserves a lot more credit than it gets
  21. Mar 28, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is a complete masterpiece! I love it so much to the point where I'd say it's arguably not just my favorite Zelda Game, but one of my favorite games of all time. I love that it uses aspects from Ocarina of Time and still uses them flawlessly with some other cool new features. I also love this story to this game, it's very creepy and very dramatic and it can even lead to some pretty deep thoughts about some story aspects. I also thought that the 3-Day system in this game made the game extra fun, it may have been different and I know a lot of people didn't like it, but i did and I would even dare say that I would like something kind of similar to that applied to another Zelda game in the future! I also love the soundtrack, while it did recycle some Ocarina of Time songs it also brought in some cool new songs that fit moods and drama of the game; The soundtrack is great and I would probably say it's one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. Overall, despite what some may say, I think that Majora's Mask was superior to Ocarina of Time and it should not be overlooked! Expand
  22. Mar 16, 2014
    Closer to a 9.5, but Majora's Mask is the second best game I have ever played. It is absolutely phenominal and stands the test of time. The sidequests are incredible involving, the dungeons are a work of art, the atmosphere is to die for, the soundtrack is unforgettable, and the pacing is perfect.
  23. Mar 14, 2014
    While not as popular as it's predecessor majora's mask has so much symbolic meaning and is by far the deepest, darkest, and saddest entry in the Zelda franchise by far, but this game can be frustrating for first time players and might turn off some hardcore Zelda fans with it's lack of dungeons. However it still rocks and is one of my most favorite games to date
  24. Jan 15, 2014
    Nothing could match up to ocarina's greatness. This game sold very poorly because of how unique Majora's mask truely was. Getting the short amount of negatives out of the way. If ocarina of time was a Hollywood blockbuster then Majora's Mask would be one of those independent films that gets many awards for content and directing but 20 people actually go and see. It sold very poorly which is a shame for how amazing this game is and very well deserves the title of it's franchise. Looks deceive as this game sticks out like an artsy fartsy indie flick. But to the positives this game is a cult classic. Over time this game has grown in many people's hearts for it being the darkest installment of any zelda game. This game is like a work of art where you can make various interpretations really. It's a game of more mature topics. did you suffer a loss as a child or are you afraid of losing your friends, than skul kid's stort may speak to you. Even though this game is based mainly on side quests more than the actually plot and storyline. You develop a deep connection with each character who has suffered a loss and you either saving and helping them. Or putting them to rest fulfilling there dying request. For the full review goto The youtube channel JaredHipfn for a full Majora's mask review thanks for reading Expand
  25. Jan 2, 2014
    I actually understand why people like or dislike this Zelda. As a direct sequel we all had high hopes and everything. I skip all the obvious thing, because you can read just the other.
    What makes this game so unique Zelda or game in general? The symbolization. For example the Majora`s Mask grief theory.(just google it) And all the people influence at Link, the sidequests and the three
    day. I mean i can`t think of a RPG where there different from day to day. Just pay attention if you know what I mean. Expand
  26. Dec 25, 2013
    A brilliant game, just what we could expect from the genius Miyamoto.
    Definitely an original entry and another way to see this legendary series, Majora's Mask captivates.
    More than the perfect Zelda gameplay and feeling of adventure that defines the series, it's the atmosphere that characterizes this game. Link is here confronted to the darkest sides of his journey going through a land
    of despair in order to save it from the Moon threatening to crash and destroy everything.
    The Legend of Zelda series is and will always be one of the greatest video game series of all time because of titles like this one. A masterpiece, a Zelda game.
    And if anyone ever doubts the magic of this series or the genius of Miyamoto, just head over Youtube and watch the "Is Link Dead in Majora's Mask video. Thank me later for put you back in the right path.
  27. Dec 20, 2013
    This is the best game I've ever played. There's more things to do than in Ocarina, the sidequests and masks were great, and the music is really good. Also, the time-travel works really well, you can spend half a dozen cycles and still have more to do. The graphics are great for a 64 game, and my only complaints are with two music tracks and one boss. Seriously, that would have been the perfect water temple if not for Gyorg... Expand
  28. Dec 17, 2013
    Easily one of the best games of all time! There's nothing not to love about it. Being able to see all the characters of the world live out their lives over the three days really immerses you in the world.
  29. Dec 13, 2013
    Majora's Mask is undoubtedly the Odyssey to Ocarina of Time's Iliad. Surely, this game is the finest creation available on the N64, a darkly comedic epic, the most emotional entry in the Zelda series, and introduces one of the most unique (and admittedly divisive) mechanics in gaming history.
  30. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This title’s grim motif conveys a unique contrast to the livelier, past installments of the Zelda franchise that mirrors its predecessor’s ability to deliver an inimitable experience. Majora is the first of its kind to enable players revisit old dungeon bosses. Although there are only a few to revisit, perhaps the most amusing part of revisiting boss battles is in using the Fierce Deity’s Mask, which pays homage to Adult Link in Ocarina. The game also features a new soundtrack, although the Lost Woods music makes its return. Another area where Majora makes reference to Ocarina is in the Termina Field area leading to Snowhead, where a musical staff displays a melody from Ocarina. When Link plays the sequence correctly, he is rewarded with rupees.

Players, however, will find their attention sidetracked by the three-day time limit with its embedded restrictions. The mask collection gives a fun side quest appeal to the overall experience, enhancing the game’s completeness piece by piece, only to be taxed by the limited extent of the game’s overall length otherwise. Rather than showcase a vast array of dungeons and puzzles, the game blitzes timed events with a few critical items but greater in number still are the masks, most of which serve no practical purpose.

Overall, the main difference between Ocarina and Majora lies in the smaller details. Whereas Ocarina players sold masks for the salesman, Majora expands on that mechanic, allowing Link to explore the story behind each mask. Ocarina had one single long trade sequence leading to the Biggoron Sword, while Majora had many side quests with multiple rewards. Most of its similarities are due to the fact that the game was originally proposed as an expansion to the original, later to become a standalone game after the N64 Disk Drive project was scrapped.

Verdict 8.5/10

+ Familiarity
    + Expanded mask collection and abilities
    + New soundtrack
    + Revisit bosses and side quests
    - 3 day time constraint
  31. Dec 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is definitely the best Zelda game that I have ever played. A Zelda game that is different from others, focusing more on side quests instead of the main game itself. The story is great, where you basically have three days to save the land of Termina. The game play is great as you collect masks throughout the game to become different kind of things. Making yourself a little more different than your actual character. The dungeons are fun and unique, even though there are only four dungeons in the entire game. And the boss fights are fun and challenging. The music is fantastic as well. A good thing for Majora's Mask is that it is darker and mysterious unlike other Zelda games. This is a spectacular sequel from the previous game "The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time." Expand
  32. Nov 26, 2013
    This is my favourite console game of all time...nothing other than ocarina of time comes close to this masterpiece. The story and everything in this game is just plain genius. This is the game you play after you beat Ocarina of time. It basically picks up the difficulty where OoT left it, it feels like the best expansion pack ever made only it's a full fledged game. It felt like they took the engine that ran OoT and maxed out its potential and then invested every other second focusing on this amazing story and gameplay. I dare someone to come up with a game with a story as complex as this one is. All the work that had to be put into making this time system and all these events line up....it's just a masterpiece. I'm giving OoT a 10 also, but Majora's mask is my personal favourite. Expand
  33. Nov 20, 2013
    Absolutely amazing, Nintendo really gave the game a dark feel witch most people from all ages would enjoy. Also sometimes you can relate to characters story's and that makes a good connection with the audience. For example: If you had a lonely child hood or not many friends, you can relate to skull kids story.
  34. Nov 12, 2013
    This game is an utter masterpiece and is a great sequel to Oot and I can't explain why but i recommend that you search on youtube Game theory is link dead and you will understand way I gave this game such a high mark
  35. Nov 8, 2013
    The creepiest, darkest and greatest Zelda game out there majoras mask is truly a masterwork. There is no other Zelda game like it and if you ever get a chance to, play it
  36. Nov 3, 2013
    This will forever be the best game that was ever released on the N64. While Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece, the added element of the mask system and the 3 day repeating time limit was something that I had never seen in a game before. While not a true sequel to OoT, Majora's Mask is seen as the little brother to the OoT legacy. While OoT has had a few re-releases over the years over eshop and 3DS, Majora's Mask was not released on eshop till well after OoT and it probably won't be remade outside that like OoT was. This a shame too it was so captivating that it kept you coming back over and over again, making you feel like you were always running out of time before that giant moon with the face on it came crashing down. Expand
  37. Nov 1, 2013
    Majora's Mask takes the cake as my favorite game of all time. While the main quest may be a little short, the story is flawless. The dungeons are all perfect and very difficult, the bosses are great as well, but this game makes you feel for all the characters in the beautiful world of terminal. Reliving the same moments over and over again is interesting and you can physically see your progress when you do something good. 10/10 Expand
  38. Oct 14, 2013
    Ignore the trolls reviewing here, this game is a solid title, but its shorter than OOT if you do not go into side quests, or aim to 100% the entire game,
    it adds alot to the gameplay with the expanded graphics and RAM capabilities, and the mask system is pretty unique
    the N64 Zeldas seem to be the definative titles in the series (next to Link to the past (SNES))
  39. Oct 13, 2013
    In my opinion the best Zelda game and also my favorite game. In this way everything works perfectly: Plot, music, gameplay, everything. Definitely a title that everyone should play at least once in life.
  40. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is amazing, not quite as long as its predecessor, but with no less heart.
    Majora's Mask's story is amazing, it is a story of friendship, heartbreak, revenge, and redemption all done in a lighthearted but mature way and not the traditional Nintendo happy go lucky way.
    The gameplay is solid with some improvements upon Ocarina of Time, the animations are more fluid, and there are
    more of them, link instead of awkwardly jumping in one direction, instead does a flip or a side jump across jumps.
    The NPC's will at first seem too be lazy and rehashes from the last game, but if you pay attention too the story it will make sense why they're all back.
    If you haven't played this game you ether need mental treatment, or you're wasting your time reading this, go play it, NOW.
  41. Sep 19, 2013
    I think Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time, because of the dungeons and the transformation mask. In the game, a mask salesman finds an ancient mask called Majora's Mask, and an imp (Skull Kid) steals it from him. Later, Link is traveling a forest (People think he's looking for Navi) and Skull Kid steals Links instrument called the Ocarina of Time. When Link chases Skull Kid, he finds him, and Link turns into a Deku Scrub. A while later, he meets the salesman. The salesman tells him that if he wants to return to his formal self, find his instrument and bring it back to him. The salesman says he has to find it within 3 days because that's when he has to leave. After Link finds it on the final day, he plays a song and gets sent back in time to the first day. He brings it to the salesman and he gets him back to normal. Link can then put on a mask and he'll turn back into a Deku Scub. Then Link needs to find Majora's Mask within 3 days, but he'll be able to go back to the first day by playing the song I mentioned. Link will end up being able to transform into a Zora and Goron, too. Also, the "Carnival of Time" is in 3 days, and a moon with a face is going ti crash into Termina and kill everyone. Expand
  42. Sep 17, 2013
    It's Beautiful and Majestic graphics are just as good as Ocarina of Time, but it lacks the charm and warmth of the previous Zelda games and replaces it with a tragic and gloomy story.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask lacks heart and charm. Score: 2/5.
  43. Sep 10, 2013
    My favourite Zelda title...ever.
    Despite his classic Zelda structure, this title is probably the most unique title in the series. The style is AWESOME. It is weird, tragic, sad, melanchonic, apocalyptic and even ironic and sarcastic.
    The gameplay itself is so particular, with the introductions of masks concept...and the loop of the 3 days is so genial and...yes, is kinda devastating the
    knowledge of having only 3 days to save the world...yes, the same three days, the obsessive repetition of the same 3 days...like i said before: GENIAL.
    Music also are awesome, with new tunes very very weird and perfect for the title's spirit.
    My favourite Zelda ever...I played it after Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, ALTTP and Oracle of Ages...Majora's Mask appear so fresh and unique even after playing those other classic titles...awesome.
  44. Aug 5, 2013
    How can I describe this game? It is a masterpiece! The point of the game is to save the world from the moon colliding with earth in three days, and the moon is falling because of majora's mask, an enchanted evil mask! To do this you need to find and save the four giants. To help you, you have magic masks that allows you to transform into a deku scrub, a goron, and a zora. The concept of having just three days to save term... termin... terminia? Is a great idea! Also, the game is kind of depressing and you just feel a bit down after playing it. Like the dead deku boy. You just feel bad for it! And the music! OH THE MUSIC! I've downloaded a whole bunt of the tracks to my phone! Some tracks are scary or depressing, and other makes you happy and pumped! And the graphics are a great improvement from OOT.

Others might say that it's a copy of OOT. To them I say: what? It's a complete different concept, storyline, mood, heck, even world! One thing that There are also a bunch of side quests that you can do and a ton of masks to find!

the three day time limit might seem hard, but they make it so easy to handle so it's no problem! Find yourself in a temple with two hours left? just play the song of time and start the dungeon over again from the first day!

I love everything about the game except one thing!... NO SAVE FEATURE! You want to save? you can't! You have to find a frickin owl statue and smack it with your sword! if you don't do that, you'll have to start over from the last time you played the song of time! But otherwise it's a wonderful game and I highly recommend it!
  45. Aug 1, 2013
    I played Ocarina of Time first and had never seen anything like it, it blew me away. Then I played MM which still stands today as my favorite Zelda game and in something like a 6 way tie for my all time favorite video game and no I am not just saying that. this game is really something don't get me wrong I see why OoT is hailed as one of the greatest games of all time but to over look MM just because it has the same graphical style and similar mechanics is a huge mistake. I know why many like OoT better too, and when I first played OoT I couldn't imagine a Zelda game being better, however that was before I got my hands on MM the day it was released and saw that (for me, not everyone) I enjoy a darker and more ominous game (The Last of Us, Bioshock, Metro 2033), one of the things i remember most from my childhood is the day I got MM was turned into a deku scrub which was clearly devastating to link, met the "happy" mask salesman, and then was thrust into the world of termina with that as a kid anyway extremely scary looking moon making its way towards clock town to crush and kill its inhabitants. People will say MM copied OoT's graphics, this I do not understand, it was a game made by the same company, in the same time period, on the same console, with the same engine, but this was on purpose, this was not a cash grab like fallout new vegas this was something truly original but made on the same hardware. I don't hear you new gamers saying, oh modern warfare 2 copied modern warfares graphics, or black world at war copied modern warfare 2's graphics, or black ops copied world at war's graphics, or modern warfare 3 and BO2 copied all of the aboves graphics (all true) because it is one franchise on one console, why shouldn't they use a tried and true engine that works well. This being said clock town is head and shoulders above the castle town in OoT with its pre rendered environments which gives the appearance of walking on a painting like a PSX final fantasy game. Not to mention the masks? Come on the mask system is one of my favorite things from any game not just the transformation masks you come across on your main quest but the many many others that make for some great side quests and mini games. People complain about the 3 day system as well which I very much enjoyed, it's not that bad guys play the inverted song of time and you will have plenty of time to get a lot done in these 3 days. I loved how certain things happen on certain days and if you miss it you have to wait until the next go around. Anyway not saying I don't have an enormous amount of respect and love for the classic Ocarina of Time, but way more side quests, transformations, a cool and ominous storyline, a darker and more twisted world and characters. These things make MM my all time favorite Zelda game and one of my all time favorite video games to date. I wrote this review not to disprove the nay sayers, but to state my opinion and hopefully inspire some younger gamers who have a Wii or Wii U to use that virtual console feature and experience one of gaming's best titles. Expand
  46. Jul 25, 2013
    truly a great game! not the best zelda of all time but a wonderful and unique addition to series! there are tons of sidequests to do! termina is bustling full of life! there is always something to do, every hour in majoras mask! there are so many vibrant characters to meet and with interesting stories to tell you! you get immersed in the world of termina because you interact with all characters and you learn about them and their story and you get to be involved with their ordeals and make an impact on their outcome! you really feel like your actions are affecting the world! the story is unique also; the game brings a fresh new twist to the zelda series with a new land to explore, new boss, new story, new situation, new everything! except the recylced characters and gameplay from ocarina of time but other than that everything else is brand new! the game also brings a strong sense of urgency! termina is threatening to get crushed by a big ass moon and everyone's lives are in danger! you really felt like you had to save them and the land from impending danger!

my only problem with this game; the 3 day clock system! while an interesting concept, it was really disheartening to see all the people i just saved and helped, go back to their original troublesome situations with their problems unsolved again! it was strongly discouraging to see all the i did gone in the blink of an eye! makes me feel like i went back to square one even though i achieved so much! this is the number one reason why refuse to give this game a perfect 10! i think if this game operated in real time like the ocarina of time i would definantly have given this game at least a 9! overall though, great job nintendo!

great story, great graphics, great character development, fun quests and sidequests, llllllooooot of stuff to do..............8 out of 10!
  47. Jun 25, 2013
    How does one follow up Ocarina of Time, a game considered to be one of the greatest of all time. hailed as a masterpiece by all?
    Majora's Mask.

This has to be the most dark, depressing, and creative Zelda game I have ever played. Everything in this game helps to make it darker and more intense. The three day mechanic creates an extreme amount of tension, the world design is
    consistently dark, and the people of Termina are all suffering from their own individual issues.

It's a really odd feeling when you save someone only then to go back in time and undo everything you had just accomplished. It's a feeling I've never had with any game, one that only Majora's Mask can offer.

The only reason I'm not giving this game a perfect score is because of the temple designs, which are admittedly more annoying then they are interesting.

Majora's Mask is a must play.
  48. Jun 19, 2013
    I would have enjoyed this game more if I didn't force myself to figure out all the side quests, even ones where I didn't like the people that I was helping (those cranky dancing twins). That being said, I loved the game. It made me cry multiple times, it immersed me, it made me think philosophically, and I came to love the gameplay mechanics. The world is unique and wonderful and has so many things to do, I still haven't done them all after months of playing. Expand
  49. Jun 6, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is oftentimes overlooked and overshadowed by it's older brother, Ocarina of Time. But in Majora's Mask you'll find something unlike anything else. I could go on about the stellar perfectly balanced and responsive gameplay, the then fantastic graphics, the huge at it's time unheard of open world, the familiar and likeable characters, or even the stellar soundtrack. But what sticks most about Majora's Mask is it's theming. Never has there been a game that seems so bright and happy at the surface, but is so dark at it's core. It's something so subtle that many people never notice it when they play. So subtle that still today there are many wild theories and new discoveries. You can't afford to miss it Expand
  50. May 14, 2013
    Phenomenal! Deep, intricate and engaging story. Not so lighthearted as the Zelda games of recent. Reels you in and makes you the hero.
    Extremely hard to live up to expectation after the powerhouse that is Ocarina of Time, but it did exactly that.
  51. May 5, 2013
    One of my favorite games of all time. Not only because of begin a Zelda game and a sequel to Ocarina of Time, but think about it.. A game with a pretty good and also creepy story, characters that are actuality funny, and the gameplay of Ocarina of Time plus the mask transformations....It's a perfect game. Kids nowdays enjoy COD and Battlefield which to me seens wrong... I played this as a kid and i could do something. The game actuality could guide me and i had not many questions of where to go. This game is surly a masterpiece and it deserves more love and attetion guys.. Expand
  52. Apr 25, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time! There is no reason anyone should pass on this amazing game. Especially if you were a fan of the prequel Ocarina of Time.
  53. Apr 19, 2013
    Ben Drowned............................................ but then why does he still haunt the game?.................JK creepypasta is all. good game. best zelda and most unique. so good that it ruined "Ocarina of Time" i thought it was especially creepy how the moon had like a really pist off face
  54. Mar 7, 2013
    How do you make an already perfect game a worthy sequel that could quite possibly be even better? I don't know but somehow Nintendo managed to do just that. The sequel to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, is a game I've wanted to play for a long time. I always was the game at the store, but I always thought it was simply a remake of Ocarina....I couldn't have been more wrong. This game is a tension driver as your world is about to end and you must find all the missing masks, armed with only you sword, shield, and Ocarina as the only things keeping the moon at bay from destroying the planet and saving the world from a mad orphan. Majora's Mask has taken possession of the Skull Kid and even Link isn't strong enough to stop him alone. Getting to each of the 4 dungeons is in itself, a challenge. The whole world is almost as big as Ocarina's world, but your seriously more restricted this time in the game. The only way to progress through the strory is collect all the masks of power to find a way to stop the Suicidal moon. The game changer here is that you only have 3 Days to do it and with that moon hangin over your head literally all the time, you can't help but feel uneasy when it comes ever closer to your demise. The focus lies primarily on side quests, but that is anything but a bad thing. These quests all have their little personal stories and make you really feel for the sorrow of the people of Termina. Plus all thes stories intertwine with the main conflict and its really interesting to see it all come together in the end. This is a depressing game and while you are driven to save as many people as possible, you must admit to yourself that you can't save them all and thats hard truth you must accept. The challenge in this game is unbelievable so don't be surprised to find yourself staring time all over again before you can take another crack at it. The use of masks is also an awesome change of things and you really have to think out of the box when using them. The ultimate mask Fierce Diety, is also a very important item to use for the final boss since this has to be one of the hardest final bosses I've ever played against. In fact its the last part of the game I haven't beaten yet. The dark atmosphere, tension, story, and unique concept in this game truly makes it an incredible sequel to one of the greatest games ever! Expand
  55. Mar 2, 2013
    Im going to keep it short and simple. I love this game because they blended up the colourful fantasy environments with darker ones. It gives the game a more solid experience, like Twilight Princess. Compared to Skyward Sword, with its e10+ rating, "cartoony" graphics and childish characters MM/TP is the way to go according to me. I hope nintendo does another game for the mature crowd, which Im guessing is the biggest segment of the Zelda fans. When comparing the sales of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword it is clear. Expand
  56. Jan 20, 2013
    To say this game stands up does not do it justice. This game is my favorite game i have ever played. The reason people didn't like it was it was different. wait... isent that the thing people are begging for nowadays? new concepts, puzzles and games changes? Honestly im hard to come up with criticism for this game. This may sound weird but the best part seemed to be the fact it wasent as sucessful as oot. You see, oot was remade multiple times, and became a cheat sheet for the rest of the zelda games, but majoras mask was not, meening it is an original title that is still fun. The difficulty is one of my favorite parts of this game though, which seemed to be scrapped in every other zelda game. not puzzle dificulty, just difficulty. The 3rd boss for example is just about impossible, and is something you would never find in wind waker, which seemed about as hard as slicing a loaf of bread. However, the best part about this game might just be the underlining tone. The game seems to get to you, and sometimes makes you wonder if the world is worth saving, and keeps making you 2nd think if the main bad guys is evil or just being controlled. The 5 sections representing the 5 stages of loss is a nice touch, and really helps the games theme. Overall, even on nowadays standard majoras mask is amazing, and should defiinently be played. if none of this was enough, u get fierce deity link. best reward in any game ever Expand
  57. Jan 7, 2013
    Majora's Mask takes the engine from Ocarina of Time, throws all the original gameplay out the window, and says "F*** it, we're doing something new." Time travel is perfected with a new version of said time travel bringing a sense of urgency and haste, with Termina doomed to be destroyed by the moon in 3 days. With 4 dungeons, the game may seem short, but the real length comes in the vast majority of side quests. This is one place where Majora's Mask exceeds the standard set by Ocarina Of Time. As a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time released a year later, it sounds like a blatant cash-grab, but rather, takes what players enjoy about Ocarina of Time and adds more, and removes annoyances, and this is why Majora's Mask is truly the best Zelda game. Expand
  58. Jan 3, 2013
    ok, i dun evan no were 2 start with this won i meen teh stori maed no sence watsoevar. im just lost in teh wewds er somethin den sum meeny butfaec steels my hores 4 no aparent rezen. teh gui chases him in a hoel than he turns my giu in to pinokiho wit a hueg mouf or sum shet. aftur dieing liek 42415 timez at teh starting plaec wit the flower i gaev up cuz i wuz stuk, my frend told me dat ur supoz 2 like go in teh flower n fly but teh gaem nevur tuld me that so stoopid!!!@@2 den u go to a town n evantlly get masks dat turn u into goron freeman liek in halve lyfe and zoro form teh movees. MAEKS NO SENCE! Expand
  59. Nov 19, 2012
    The darkest, most engrossing and brilliant game in its series. Perhaps even surpasses Ocarina.
  60. Nov 15, 2012
    Of all the Zelda games, this one definitely has the best side quests. The main game is not bad, but definitely sub par compared to the more popular releases, but the game definitely has some of the best side quests of all time.
  61. Oct 29, 2012
    Although I love the game and it being one of the darker Zelda games, (Bested only by Twilight Princess) I found it slightly confusing and frustrating to have to keep jumping back in time and losing all you items. Not to mention disorienting when you talk to a person you just did and they don't recognize you. And not to mention the way they administer the story is also extremely confusing and you jump around quests that don't make sense. It may sound like I'm being harsh but I still consider it one of the better zelda games. Expand
  62. Oct 28, 2012
    I really love this game. The story is every emotional and different. The temples are not as great as Ocarina of Time but the temples don't play a major part in the whole game as they did in OoT.
  63. Oct 28, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda series is a series I'm still fairly new to, but I know why this series is so highly respected. All of the Zelda games I've played have been some of the best gaming experiences I've ever played. And Majora's Mask is no different. It's the most unique entry I've played so far. It's a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time so unlike most Zelda games your actually playing as the same Link (the main character of all Zelda games), the story has nothing to do with Ganon, Princess Zelda, or the Tri-Force, and It's focus this time is more on time and side quests than any other entry. In this game you have three days to save the world, and you can do this by rewinding, slowing, and fast-forwarding time. When you first start the game it feels like it's going to be a short experience because there are only a few locations and only four main dungeons, and maybe do to this they decided to up the difficulty, but once you get into it you'll begin to see just how big this game is. It's the most challenging Zelda game I've played, but the game comes packed with 24 masks, most of which are collected by helping out the locals, to help you out. All of the masks have their own abilities, some more useful than others, and if you collect them all you get your hands on one of the coolest items of any Zelda game (that I highly recommend you do to, because it makes the last boss soooo much easier). It's awesome and you really should play it. It offers an experience unlike anything you've ever played before. Expand
  64. Oct 7, 2012
    My favorite tied with Wind Waker. The dark atmosphere is great, the sidequests felt the most wholesome out of the entire series and, aside from the save system, this game is perfect to me. As someone who doesn't like the original Pikmin because of the time limit, this game did it perfectly! You can slow down time and reset it when necessary, giving you more than enough time to complete each dungeon and get all the stray fairies in a single run. The mask system I found unique and entertaining and the villain is one of the best I've ever seen. If this game does get a remake on the 3DS I recommend they fix the save system by causing the game to bring up a menu to save every 12 hours. In conclusion, while this game isn't for everyone, I highly recommend it for anyone who likes a unique and challenging game. As for those of you who call this a cheap Ocarina of Time ripoff: This game is as much of a ripoff of OoT as Call of Duty is of Earthbound. Expand
  65. Sep 3, 2012
    I am surprisingly going to make this short and sweet just like my play time in this game, well except for the "sweet" part. I find myself saying "I don't know what it is about Zelda MM, but I just don't seem to like it." Then I remind myself why. The moon and the whole 3 day in-game cycle. I personally cannot stand this aspect of Majora's Mask and this really turned me off from the title. I know I am going to get flammed, but I just don't like being timed, especially 24/7 in a Zelda game. I also did not like a majority of the masks or characters, they seemed kiddish to me. I am really sorry guys but this is just one die hard Zelda fan for whom this game just doesn't fly. I will admit I did not play through the whole game, I am sure there are some fun parts like there have been already playing half-way through, I just do not have the enthusiasm needed to complete it. Expand
  66. Aug 27, 2012
    This game is the best Nintendo game I have ever played!.
  67. Aug 26, 2012
    Wow, i did not know a game could be much better than Oot. But this game, a sequel of one of the greatest masterpieces has overdone it in my opinion. It took the amazing features from ocarina of time and still added new ones. This review will basically be a comparison to Oot and why i think it is better. Saying that, im not hating on Oot, i still think it is an amazing game. Firstly, lets start with the map, in Oot, you are given a huge map, probably 60% of this map has nothing on it, and when you want to go to Gerudo Valley, you have to trek it all the way from Hyrule to get there. On MM the map is filled with side quests and various other places to visit. Secondly, the characters, in Oot the characters are very unique and have their own personalities. But i cant help but love the fact that in MM each person has their own daily routines of the 3 days, it just adds a world more character to them. Also there were alot more sidequests in MM as there were various mask to collect. Lastly, i dont know why people hate that its timed so much, i think it adds a whole lot more depth to the game. Oh yeah and to reset the time you just play a song, takes like 10 seconds, retard. Expand
  68. Aug 23, 2012
    I personally did not enjoy this, but it has it's good points. The 3-day cycle was the only thing keeping me going. Masks and constantly taking out the ocarina was a pain in the ass. Did not enjoy the story, but still buy it, it's only my opinion after all.
  69. Aug 1, 2012
    It's neigh impossible to describe my feelings toward this game and I have almost no nostalgia for it. Almost everything is absolutely perfect. A direct improvement of everything in ocarina of time excluding length. The best game of all time. Period.
  70. Jul 6, 2012
    A graphical amazement when it came out in 2000, Majora's Mask was a childhood staple and still has a place of honor in my game box. It's dark, it has an emotional story and characters, it reaches into your chest and tears out your heart. For the first time, I felt something while playing a video game. I wanted to win and prevail because I cared about all those characters. I wanted them to live, to prosper, to have happy lives. The masks allow new ways to play the game, to access new features and abilities. Undoubtedly the best Zelda game ever created because it was the first one to make your heart skip. It wasn't a cardboard slash and hack, it was a story. It was a world full of people. Characters have daily schedules and the world moves on, with or without you. How it moves, exactly, is up to you. While the boss battles are admittedly lacking, the game still manages to rise above even Ocarina of Time, although it is usually forgotten at the feet of its older brother. Expand
  71. Jun 23, 2012
    While Ocarina of time was regarded as revolutionary for molding what would become the action rpg adventure game, Majora´s Mask feels more as an independant story filled with a more mature, depressing and creepy world. It is true that you have to rush against time... but there are plenty of ways around for the players who have the brains to work the game´s mechanics. One has to praise Nintendo to give each character in Termina their own story, because for three days, they are fully alive. Expand
  72. Jun 10, 2012
    You really feel for the characters, and you will do anything you can to save them from the moon that will inevitably (or so they think) crash into the earth and destroy everything that they know and love. Nintendo took a huge gamble with the 3-day-system, a gamble that has without a doubt paid off, it's one of the most innovative things I've seen in a game in well, ever.
  73. May 28, 2012
    What is there to say? This is gaming at its best. OOC and Majoras Mask are the 2 best games I can think of in this genre. Nothing has come close to matching these 2 games. They really don't make games like this any more. Quality, and fun to play. Well thought out and well made.
  74. May 26, 2012
    In my opinion this game was better than Ocarina of Time and people just never gave it a fair chance because it was late in the cycle of the N64 and because it was just different than OoT. The game mechanics were refined, the storytelling and character development were impeccable , and the 3 day clock was just genius adding an extra level of depth and challenge to the game. While its true that compared to the first game the main story takes a bit more of a back seat in this game the amount of side quests and alternate story lines give this game an amazing amount of replayability, and I should know (I replay this game at least once a year). Expand
  75. May 24, 2012
    Without a doubt the most masterful game of all time. Every aspect of this game is fabulously perfect and the atmosphere is perfect for an apocalyptic setting. Tons of content and a mass variety of activity. A must play for anyone who claims to be a gamer.
  76. May 22, 2012
    Sequel of the best adventure game ever. Is hard to do a good game again, and Nintendo almost achieved it. All the good things from the first one are here: graphics, dungeons, enemies, fighting techniques and items. There are also a lot of new possibilities with the masks. The world is bigger and there are new puzzles. However, I can't give it more than 8 because some things are annoying. You can't play as adult Link and most of the game, you're forced to play as a certain character because of the plot. Expand
  77. May 18, 2012
    Not everyones cup of tea. But my god this game is just so magical and dark and special, I feel like I'm 10 years old again when I play this.

78. Apr 1, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask can be thought as the odd one out of the Legend of Zelda series. It had a radically different dark and twisted plot than the others. The differences from Ocarina of Time being that Termina is much more vast. Also, sidequests are much more crucial. The whole mask idea puts an interesting spin on the gameplay. The character may be different, but they all seem to be familiar in some way. It is hard to compare which is actually better because of the difference, but I like this one slightly better than Ocarina of Time. What I like about it is that the worlds are varied and the items are new. The graphics are slightly better. The whole game was colorful and amazing. The time travel added a familiar twist on the game. There are some negative aspects though. I never like having to buy add-ons to any game, but honestly, a $10 expansion pak to improve the graphics a bit. If I wanted a graphics change, I would have bought a PlayStation at the time! Also, Link and the Mask Salesman are both tools. Link uses everyone to get what he wants and then goes back in time and leaves them. The Mask Salesman will pretty much kill himself if he doesn't get his precious mask back, but he apparently needs it in three days! When he gets it back, he just leaves without giving you anything after you just risked you life over and over again for him! The three days feature drove me crazy sometimes. Also, the game can be slightly overwhelming. Overall, great game with an even better ending! Expand
  79. Mar 15, 2012
    Legendary. This is my favorite game of all time. For its time, its graphics were stunning, but the STORY. GOD THE STORY! It was so intricate, and powerful. If you like Zelda games, YOU MUST own this one.
  80. Mar 13, 2012
    Majora's Mask is a challenging, dark and unique sequel to the masterpiece Ocarina of Time. The game brilliantly executes a time focus gameplay system. Players are given 3 day cycle to save the world from a demonic moon crashing into it. This game shows that Nintendo can elevate a masterpiece, showing off a game with depth, complexity, and flawless execution of a unique and innovative approach. The inevitable is that we must see a remake of this game on the 3DS! Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2011
    This game didn't make me want to play it again like ocarina, but it still rocks, because Legend of Zelda will be forever played, doesn't matter where or when, people still love it. The graphics are good, the same as ocarina; it's not the perfect sequel for ocarina; you can turn into Deku, Goron, Zora and, if you get all the other masks and play hide and seek with the moon children, specially Fierce Deity, that makes you stronger than final boss, Majora's Mask (in its three forms!!!!); you have to repeat the forth dungeon upside down; Skull Kid is evil now; you can ride Epona already after the second dungeon; you have the same equipment from ocarina; the song of time is used in a very different way from ocarina's; it just has 10 songs; it's as difficult as ocarina; it's smaller than ocarina; Ganondorf is much more difficult than Majora's Mask. I just can say congratulations to Nintendo, because they created another game for The Legend of Zelda series, and we are proud to have the chance to play it, thank you!!! Expand
  82. Dec 19, 2011
    This is the best game ever. Idc what anyone says. Mm is an OoT improvement. Dark original story, amazing emotional music, very unique temples and bosses, a brand new beautiful world, character depth, tons of Sidequests, lots of awesome masks to collect, plenty of mini games, lots of enemies, really cool sub bosses, best gameplay of any Zelda game, just so freakin amazing. Like I said, best game ever. Expand
  83. Dec 10, 2011
    I was really happy when I managed to get my hands on this game. Sure, the story really has very little to do with it, considering there are so many side quests and minigames, and the graphics aren't that great compared to those today (Dec. 11 2011). This is probably my favorite in the series, with the next closest A Link to the Past. The 3-day time limit makes for some intense gameplay when you find yourself in the middle of a dungeon on the final night, and gives speedrunners a goal to work towards (Completing it in a single 3-day cycle, after retrieving the Ocarina). I believe this is still one of the greatest games ever made, and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it even somewhat (Bremen mask FTW!). Expand
  84. Dec 9, 2011
    I still find this to be the best Zelda game. It took the system that Ocarina of Time set up and improved it in every way. The combat is better, the puzzles are interesting, the game is FULL of side quests which is great for this style of game, you play as multiple characters, the world is larger but more compact (more ACTUAL gameplay, not just filler material), it has the most interesting characters / iterations of characters, the best story, the best lore... Why are you still reading this? Go play it. Expand
  85. Dec 3, 2011
    A quirky and unique twist on the classic Zelda style that tells a new story unlike anything Zelda has seen before or since. Majora's Mask is truly the perfect follow-up to the classic Ocarina of Time, and stands beside it as one of the crown jewels of the Zelda name. You must play this game.
  86. Nov 30, 2011
    Majora's Mask is a brilliant game, it stands as one of the absolute best entries in the Zelda franchise. It has one of the most powerful soundtracks of the series, the deepest and most meaningful story and characters, and some of the best dungeons and items in Zelda history. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've played and I still go back to it over and over. I very highly recommend Majora's Mask to anyone who likes Zelda or action/adventure games. Expand
  87. Nov 29, 2011
    Zelda fans should stop arguing about the quality of Majora's mask and Ocarina of Time because it hurts both games reputation but instead realize that the Zelda franchise as a whole includes two of the greatest games ever made that simply both deserve perfect scores.
  88. Nov 23, 2011
    Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Wtb Majoras Mask 3ds remake. this is the best game ever made. Thats all I have to say. Expand
  89. Nov 20, 2011
    It lives up to the standards of its previous game in the series in a strange yet amazing way. The plot and music were my favorites parts because they were so memorable and amazing. In a way its not as good as Ocarina of Time but also its better than Ocarina of Time, altogether. But these two games were both classic masterpieces which brings back so much melancholic nostalgia for me.
  90. Nov 13, 2011
    My favorite zelda title to date. i know some people dislike the game because the flowing time made them feel rushed, but by playing the song of time backwards you can slow down time to 1/3 the normal rate. With this I always had plenty of time to spare when trying to meet a deadline, and never once felt pressured. I've been playing for years and still find myself discovering new things. This game is a true masterpiece. Expand
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Majora's Mask is definitely a step in a different direction in terms of a traditional Zelda game. Fortunately, this is a good thing, as a simple enough initial story involving the saving of the world from doom in a span of 3 days, is superseded by a vast array of stories of the characters all over the game. These stories really define the mood of Majora's Mask, and make this game the most story involved Zelda yet. This game is definitely weird though, probably the most unusual Zelda game ever. Although there are only 4 dungeons, they are expertly designed and clever. The gameplay is tweaked in Majora's Mask, as you use masks to complete tasks, overcome obstacles and defeat enemies. This game deserves a 9.7, but doesn't deserve a perfect 10, so I gave it a 9/10. Expand
  92. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game!!! Easily the best zelda game ever. Great story, mechanics, characters, graphics, sound, gameplay, music, price, system, coding and boss battles.
  93. Nov 9, 2011
    My favourite game of all time. Truly the greatest Zelda game ever created.
    The dungeons are challenging, the bosses are awesome, the characters are deep, and what really shines through is the atmosphere. I've never played a game before or since that has managed to create the incredible sense of doom that Majora's Mask creates. You really feel for the characters, and you will do anything
    you can to save them from the moon that will inevitably (or so they think) crash into the earth and destroy everything that they know and love. Nintendo took a huge gamble with the 3-day-system, a gamble that has without a doubt paid off, it's one of the most innovative things I've seen in a game in well, ever. I wish more developers would try out drastic new things like Majora's Mask did, because you never know, it could end changing gaming forever.

I can't recommend this game enough, if you're tired of the same old zelda formula, or the formula video games in general tent to follow, then pick this up on the Wii shop or emulate it, you wont regret it.
  94. Nov 8, 2011
    This game lives up to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time's standards, even though it is not as good. This time, Young Link appears in a place known as Termina and must fight a new enemy.
  95. Nov 6, 2011
    Majoras Mask, Is a game that tops Ocarinia of Time in so many ways. In it's mechanism (time and masks), in its Game-play, Story and dungeon design. The game is most probably the darkest and grittiest game zelda game. Just because you play as young link doesn't mean its all happy, vibrant, instead there is a gritty feeling, a constant feeling of the inevitable death as you race against the evil Looking Moon, to save the world.

On a graphical side, so much more could had been done, if the team had more then a year to make this game, blurry textures, some of which don't quite make sense, and the use of repeated assets from OoT. It makes you think if the out-world design could had also been better with some more time in the oven. Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the out-world design, it rivals this of Oot, but you cant stop thinking that the Giant looming Cactai looking structure in the horizon just looks out of place and weird. This is a game I don't know what to rate, on one hand it surpasses Oot which would make it a perfect 10 but on the other-hand, the lack of polish and strange design design and reused assets clearly shout "this game should had been in the oven a bit more". 9/10
  96. Oct 23, 2011
    this game is amazing, what actually a sequel has to be, improved visuals, difrnt more complex gameplay , darker story...and totally compatible with oot i still prefer oot cause was way more revolutionary in terms of innovation but still a true masterpiece.... ah i nearly forgot to say all the h8rs Fk you go n play cod online and leave true gamers enjoy real games
  97. Oct 15, 2011
    naturally, this being the best zelda game ( but its hit n miss, 3 day cycle...) it gets a 9, as it has the same flaws as oot, but slightly better story, and generally more likeable, and gets a 92%... almost flawless
  98. Sep 4, 2011
    i remember playing this game when it first came out, on preorder, i actually got it in the mail a day early for some reason and was one of the first non-nintendo personel to play the game. the first thing i remember the moment i started the game and saw Link riding his horse slowly through the forest, was how outrageously amazing the graphics were, no game rivalled those graphics for years, the next time i was ever astonished by graphics was when i started up Twilight princess 6 years later. the storyline also was a massive contribution to the game's overall epicness. it was one of the first videogames to ever introduce a truly dark storyline and it turned zelda games into something for adults, not just kids. the game is so immersive that i actually almost cried the first time i failed and the moon fell into the city and killed everyone, it felt almost as if the game characters were real, so well developed. the number of underlying stories was also incredible, almost every single character in the game had a secret, and there were hundreds of characters.
    the most touching moment in the game was when you reunite anju and kafei during the final hour, while the ground is shaking and the moon is burning a hole through the atmosphere. they run to eachother and hold eachother close, then look out the window, waiting for the moon to kill them both, to send them to a place where they can be together forever.
    No game, ever, has given off emotion like that, the moment i see 'Dawn of the First Day, 72 Hours Remain' i completely forget who i am, i dim the lights and forget that i am in my basement confined by concrete walls, looking at pixels on a plasma screen TV. for a few hours, i can be Link, and i can save the world from certain doom. this game, to me, was a small taste of what videogames could have been, if someone truly tried to make something emotional again, something not just fun, but something that could make you experience every emotion, anger, sadness, fear. maybe in a few years they will figure out what Majora's mask did that no other game could, but right now, Majora's mask and its big brother 'ocarina of time', hold a special place in the memories of my childhood, something that i really wish could be repeated, something that makes me feel those emotions again. i'm sorry, i thought ocarina of time would be the only game i gave a 10/10, ever, but majoras mask was just too brilliant, i couldnt give it anything less.
    -Robert Siegfried
  99. Aug 17, 2011
    The graphics are improved, the storyline is tighter if somewhat less epic in scope. All in all, Majora's Mask is a worthy sequel to Ocarina of time. A must-play for all Legend of Zelda fans, and really for anyone who owns an N64.
  100. Jun 26, 2011
    Majora's Mask is not perfect, by any means. The biggest flaw by far is the save system, which, while experimental and unique, didn't quite work. But it was an interesting concept, ruined by terrible execution. That's my only problem with Majora's Mask. Other than that, it is an amazing, challenging, inspired game that rivals Ocarina of Time as one of the best Zelda games ever made. Come on, it's a Zelda game: they don't make bad Zelda games! Expand

1. Where Majora rises to the top is its concept – three days to save the world. The execution of the idea is flawless: time means everything and the player always has to be aware. The save system is absolutely perfect, letting players feel comfortable in controlling time but still keeping them on the edge of their seats when things get hairy.
  2. Stunning, optimized graphics; immersive, rich sound; refined, complex, and deep gameplay; and a mature, gripping plot make it a game that you won't want to miss.
  3. Da Graphics: To say nothing short of astonishing is an understatement.