The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Aug 18, 2011
    The ultimate and definitive Zelda. Everything that Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and (especially) Twilight Princess are, they owe to Ocarina of Time.
  2. May 30, 2013
    If I had to choose one game to play in my lifetime, this is it, no contest.
    This is a landmark in not just gaming, but art as a whole, and deserves recognition as such.
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    It's simply a win. There is nothing else to it. Read whaT EVERYBODY ELSE SAID! They have covered it all. But if you don't get this game, i'll find you.
  4. Feb 24, 2013
    The game that is considered by many the greatest of all time. I am just thankful to have witnessed this epic adventure back then and i´ll never forget the experience that i have made with OoT.
  5. Jul 23, 2011
    @bob and JamesF are you serious?????? stop hating you retards. this game is arguably the best zelda game ever created and zelda is one of the best series of games ever created. you can't just give it a 0!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Dec 23, 2011
    Just play it, if you don't think it's the greatest game ever (considering it's time) then sell all of your consoles, give away all of your games, and never play a video game again, you are not worthy!
  7. Jul 18, 2011
    What Is there to say other than AMAZING! Ladies, Gentlemen and all Members Of the Gaming World, If you have a Nintendo 64, but don't have this game, you are a total n00b. Ocarina Of Time is my absolute favorite game on the Nintendo 64. Hell, it's so good it actually made me flip out my 64 and start playing it again. This game right here is the reason most gamers get their Nintendo 64 outWhat Is there to say other than AMAZING! Ladies, Gentlemen and all Members Of the Gaming World, If you have a Nintendo 64, but don't have this game, you are a total n00b. Ocarina Of Time is my absolute favorite game on the Nintendo 64. Hell, it's so good it actually made me flip out my 64 and start playing it again. This game right here is the reason most gamers get their Nintendo 64 out again, and its not hard to understand why. Without a doubt, the back story, plot and setting of the whole game is definitely well made to fit with the story of Hyrule, and the legend that is the Legend Of Zelda series that started on the NES. The battles and triumphs and the twist that splits the series in two, none of it would be possible without Shigeru Myamoto's brilliant mind and logic. The game flourishes in a brilliant Open-world setting, as we gamers agree, the best type of game there is (Grand Theft Auto and LA Noire are examples of Open World Games). Brilliant gameplay, especially being the first 3D Zelda game in which all others based off of, and I think people can have continuous fun hours on end just messing around with the Ocarina lol. Expand
  8. Jul 18, 2011
    This game is really perfection. I played it when I was still just a little girl, and now more than 10 years later I play it again... and still love it. All the ones that gave the game a negative score are just here to rage at the popularity of this game. Because it's the best one ever made. And it deserves a worthwhile remake.
  9. Jul 21, 2011
    anybody who doesnt give this game a 10 or 9 shouldnt be on this website and doesnt no wat gaming is.its one thing if u dont like rpg. but if thats the case that just dont rate the game
  10. Sep 12, 2011
    The greatest game ever made. Simple as that. Playing it again, 13 years after first play, and may not feel as fresh and original but the levels are still as brilliantly fun to play through and the redoing of the puzzles still feels a joy, never a chore. There is nothing to fault this game over.
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    Still the best game ever. The only problem is the framerate, but that is forgivable. It's still got a great soundtrack, fun gameplay, and perhaps the best dungeons in a Zelda game
  12. Sep 6, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is definitely the greatest game of all time, even to this day, no one has told a story as well as Nintendo has, and defined gameplay in a way that still stands above everything else all these years
  13. Nov 18, 2011
    This is by far the best game i have played. Anyone who is giving this negative results go back to your generic shooter x franchise. This game really is the godfather, the dark knight, or lord of the rings of the game world.
    I don't like the godfather, but would still rate it nearly perfect as it is just so well made and executed, just like this game. It feels like everything in the game has been thought about, perfect pacing, exquisite level design, intriguing story, and just that x factor any perfect form of media has without the need for modern day effects or graphics.
    This shows if a game, film, book or album can be just as good now than.it was when released even if visually it might be dated.
    By the way this comes from some who does appreciate modern day visuals and owns a top end pc which maxes any title thrown at it.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    So many of this games negative reviews are about poor graphics or boring gameplay, which is a problem because they're reviewing this game through the eyes of today, which is impossible to do so seeing as it was released in 1998. This game is THE blueprint, not on for Zelda games but any Zelda-inspired game since. The reasons this game is cited as "The Best Game of All Time" are many, allSo many of this games negative reviews are about poor graphics or boring gameplay, which is a problem because they're reviewing this game through the eyes of today, which is impossible to do so seeing as it was released in 1998. This game is THE blueprint, not on for Zelda games but any Zelda-inspired game since. The reasons this game is cited as "The Best Game of All Time" are many, all of which are accurate. It was really the first game evr to break through what is known as the "polygon ceiling". Franchises just couldn't make the jump to 3D correctly, either failing miserably like Bubsy or having to sacrifice something to make the grade meaning those games lost exactly what made the series good (Castlevania is the one that springs to mind here). OoT, however, not only showed everyone how 3D should be done, but how games should be done in general by having a great, fun story with plenty of twists and turns along the way, great controls that were simple to pick up and play and a massive amount of innovations with Z-Targeting being the most prevalent. Enjoyiing that lock-on in any game ever? You have Ocarina to thank for that. The puzzles were brilliant because they showcased the 3D perfectly, making you have to utilise spacial awareness by, for example, standing at a vantage point to fire an arrow through a lit torch so it sets on fire and ignites an extinguished torch at the other end of the room. No 3D game did that, which is why it was the pinnacle of the new revolution. The game is enormous even today, with in-depth side-quests that can easily detract you from the story for hours. Puzzles aren't out of reach for anyone so you don't have to be a genius to carry on with the story. Yes, sometimes the puzzles are more of the same, but that is really all they could do at the time with technology and memory constraints. This game was so big, a GamePak with increased memory was made just for this game, that later on became the standard memory allowance. The music is instantly recognisable and most of the well-known Zelda tracks are from this game, the only main song missing is the Zelda theme at the start instead opting for original music which, while an excellent piece is a little disappointing. Even after a decade, it's still the highest scored game ever on this site and there is a reason for that. This is not just a great Zelda game, but the greatest game of all time. If you haven't played this game in any of it's forms, you can't call yourself a gamer. Expand
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    Definitely greatest game on the N64, and the best game ever created. Ocarina of Time gave us revolutionary 3D gameplay and an epic story not to mention one of the nicest looking games at least on the N64. The game design is truly second to none. I consider the Water Temple to be one of the best designed temples of all time. Although the music is in MIDI format, it was a staple in 1998, andDefinitely greatest game on the N64, and the best game ever created. Ocarina of Time gave us revolutionary 3D gameplay and an epic story not to mention one of the nicest looking games at least on the N64. The game design is truly second to none. I consider the Water Temple to be one of the best designed temples of all time. Although the music is in MIDI format, it was a staple in 1998, and the scores are amazing anyway! This game is 10/10 no doubt. Expand
  16. Nov 22, 2011
    Among the best games of all time simply for being the most innovative game. Masterful gameplay, amazing sound track, a nice story, and the land of Hyrule to explore. A definite must have for any gamer.
  17. Feb 2, 2012
    THE BEST GAME EVER MAID!!!! the best game of nintendo 64.Incredible history,its impossible not love this amazing game! And come others Legends of Zelda, but only Ocarina of Time, is in the heart of all gamers in the world!
  18. Apr 1, 2012
    This game was and is a masterpiece. Top 3 of all-time, maybe #1 for me (at least tied). The brilliance of this game will endure for the history of gaming. Absolutely spectacular....13 years later I'm giving this game the review it deserves.
  19. Apr 1, 2012
    Best game ever. Best story, best sound track... Already forgotten how many times finished it.... And I continue playing... Ocarina Of Time is the best Legend Of Zelda game, and worth anybody's time whom intends to play
  20. Aug 21, 2012
    i am a huge zelda-fan, cause this serie is fantastic in gameplay and atmospheric music, and naturally i loved also this game that time. it was a huge step forward for videogames as "Tomb Raider" and "GTA III" were and in those days when "Ocarina of Time" was released it was with no doubt the best game. And though i am always happy to see that "Ocarina o.T." is on the first place in somei am a huge zelda-fan, cause this serie is fantastic in gameplay and atmospheric music, and naturally i loved also this game that time. it was a huge step forward for videogames as "Tomb Raider" and "GTA III" were and in those days when "Ocarina of Time" was released it was with no doubt the best game. And though i am always happy to see that "Ocarina o.T." is on the first place in some all-Time-charts, cause this serie has deserved this place, i think it's not a timeless jewel. Gameplay and everything was great, but this early 3D-graphics on Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 feel so dated today, that i even prefer the graphics of the 16-bit era (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, ...). A great game, for sure! an amazing game, yes! but today the graphics destroy this experience more than in even older games. So i give just a 9 out of 10. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2013
    This is the best game I've ever played. Ever. It should come with a warning label that says, "Every game after this will feel like a slight disappointment." It's story is wonderful, and has plenty of undertones that add depth to a seemingly simple storyline. The game play is perfect. Puzzles are challenging but not impossible, the open world is fun to explore, and Link's arsenal ofThis is the best game I've ever played. Ever. It should come with a warning label that says, "Every game after this will feel like a slight disappointment." It's story is wonderful, and has plenty of undertones that add depth to a seemingly simple storyline. The game play is perfect. Puzzles are challenging but not impossible, the open world is fun to explore, and Link's arsenal of weapons provides a variety of playing styles.

This is my favorite game of all time, and I feel like everyone should be given the chance to play this masterpiece.
  22. Jan 3, 2013
    Just the Greatest game of all time!!! FACT THAT IT HAS GREAT STORY, GAME-PLAY, CONTROLS, SIDE-QUEST, GREAT EVERYTHING, AND THE MUSIC OH MY GOD THE FRICKING MUSIC (sorry cant cruse)
  23. Dec 16, 2013
    Best Zelda game ever made that introduced the 3D world and several items that would be part of the further games. If you are a Zelda fan it is a mandatory game to have in your collection.
  24. Aug 13, 2013
    video game industry described it the best game ever and it was the game of the year. It was his big world, the amazing graphics in that year, the gameplay, the history and the duration it created a game model that companies still use. sry my bad english but if you still doubt my words, prove it 10/10
  25. Aug 5, 2013
    My Favorite Game of All Time, The Legend of Zelda: OoT was my introduction to the series, and since have completed it numerous times and found it to be the all around perfection of Adventure gaming for all Ages.

But to explain why this means so much, I have to explain the situation the time of this games release, I'm currently 21, I was born back in 1992, and the N64 and PlayStation where dominating the market, both having their own stellar titles and being a kid of 6 years old at the time of the game's 1998 release censorship was always unheard of in my family. I was sneaking around a large Military base in my favourite series "Metal Gear Solid" and capping zombies left, right and center in "Resident Evil 2", whilst happily stopping Gruntilda in "Banjo Kazooie" and getting lost in paintings in the superb "Super Mario 64".

As soon as you load up this Game, The Introduction will NEVER leave your memory, Koji Kondo's Introductory music will attach itself to your brain and along with the cinematic of a young adult riding his horse through the vast Hyrule field sums up everything you need to know that this is going to be quite the Adventure.

The story involves a young boy living in the woods with other equally aged kids, who is summoned by the forest deity "The Great Deku Tree" who sends the boy named "Link" and his new Companion "Navi" the fairy on a Journey to save the Land of Hyrule and it's Princess "Zelda" from the Evil tyrant "Ganondorf".

And from there on an Epic tale that spans several years begins, interacting with the many citizens and species of the lands, revisiting them years later to see how their domains have stood the test of time, and of course dungeons and puzzles all expertly crafted around fantastic tools you'll discover and ultimately need to take down some of gaming's most memorable foes.

Again just writing this down you KNOW this game is Legend, obviously take note that I had not played the superb games in the series beforehand, and this was my introduction to superbly crafted 3-D gaming space suddenly do you realize just how much Ocarina of Time, has raised the bar, set the standard and still to this day is the pinnacle of Adventure Gaming.

I have to say that I never really had problems with the controls (I heard many people found them clustered), I will admit, I tend to rate things on how well they will stand the test of time, On an unrelated topic "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is my favourite movie as I've seen it countless times and never tire or find boredom in any part of it's running time, that's also this game, not once do I have any bitterness towards any part, I guess on repeated playthroughs did I realize that I couldn't wait to play the 2nd Act of this game where the abundance of development really soaks in.

Receiving more Items, Learning Ocarina melodies, Dungeon and Cave exploration (I really find myself wanting to play it again right now). It remains just as relevant now as it did 15 years ago...

Final Verdict: I better end here because in all honesty I could go on forever, it needs to be played to be believed, and I hope anyone reading this "got" how much this game means the way I felt about it years ago and even today. Play it! see the epitome of the Zelda series in all it's glory, many a port exists 10/10. I'm gonna go listen to some Koji Kondo!
  26. Jul 14, 2013
    If you watch the negative scores... it's only haters and people who never played the game... some even say Bad graphics... it was 1998 ffs and some say no story... lol, just lol, play the game before doing the review.
    I love this game for the simple fact that it makes you get in front of your tv and makes you want not to stop playing it. It's so good. my favourite game ever
  27. Aug 7, 2013
    One of the greatest of all time, nearly perfect in every way: graphics, sound, story and gameplay. It still retains its value years later with every replay.
  28. Aug 23, 2013
    A masterpiece. The BEST game on the N64 and maybe the best game on a system. If anyone ever tells you why do you like N64 more than PS1, just say "Ocarina of Time"
  29. Aug 29, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a true masterpiece, and a shiny example what Nintendo can actually do (especially nintendo of japan).
    This game is without a doubt the most in depth masterpiece ive ever had the luxury to play, from start to the end its got it all, emotion, playability, storyline, atmosphere, danger, its just taking the biscuit and shoving it right in its gob of the n64s power. The game is immense, atmospheric, dangerous, vast. Its such a quest sometimes you are that involved in it you would be forgiven to think your actually there. The climb up the volcano is epic in its own right and thats just the beginning. The graveyard is scary. Get to ride horseback and also see your character grow. The game is incredible and if you own an n64 get it!
  30. Aug 31, 2013
    soundtrack, graphics, playability, story, characters, originality all 100. I don't know whay GTA IV is the first position on the list of best rated games if zelda is 99 and gta IV is 98.
  31. Apr 18, 2014
    If you're going to say something like 'this game has not aged well', then just don't. This is the original N64 version released back in 1998, it wouldn't have aged at all. Its story and gameplay, while simple by today's standards, was the best of the best back in its day. Remember that not many games back then had such a grand story, not to mention complex gameplay.
  32. Sep 16, 2013
    aahhh my child hood, brings back memories. this game may not be impressive in terms of today but back then it was a masterpiece and took gaming to whole other level
  33. Sep 18, 2013
    That's probably the best game of my childhood. Sometime I wish that i could erase my memory to play this game like I played it the first time. So this game is a 10 out of 10!
  34. Oct 14, 2013
    one of the best games of all time
    ignore the reviews by the trolls (ie all the ones in the red)
    without any doubt in my mind, this was my favorite game growing up, and it wasnt until i was around the age of 13 that i actually finished it. i popped it in recently, and it STILL lives up to its reputation, Graphics dont make a good game, sure Majoras Mask looks better, but without focusing
    one of the best games of all time
    ignore the reviews by the trolls (ie all the ones in the red)
    i popped it in recently, and it STILL lives up to its reputation, Graphics dont make a good game, sure Majoras Mask looks better, but without focusing on side quests, OOT is much longer and gives you more playtime and replay value.
    a total of 10 dungeons, Memorable bosses and plot points.
    EVEN without the Promised Ura Zelda Addon (that WAS said to have been finished by miyamoto on autust 25th on a tvshow back in 2000, but added no plans to release it) this game is pretty solid on its one.
  35. Sep 20, 2013
    the best game of zelda¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
  36. Sep 21, 2013
    this game is 90! and still has one of the best stories of all action rpg. was the only reason to buy a nintendo 64 in those years. is the best game :O
  37. Sep 22, 2013
    If you can see how beautiful this game is, it's because you know about amazing and gorgeous histories, this is one of the best games ever created and i think it is one of the best Zelda games ever
  38. Sep 24, 2013
    It's incredible how Nintendo could do such an amazing game with just 25MB and another game developers couldn't do better with 15 GB
    This is the best game ever made...by far
  39. Sep 24, 2013
    The legend of Zelda is a beautiful game, good graphics for the time, excellent story, good bosses, a plot magnifies definitely one of the best Zelda games and the world of the story.
  40. Sep 28, 2013
    I can belive that some people don't like Zelda games,
    for example i don't like Gta games, but I recognize that in the genre are unbeatable. For this people that rate this game 0 or 1 or 5 are very childish.. because this game, in is genre, is perfect.
    For me, this is the best game of all times, i pleyed this game over 10 times, on N65, Gamecube and 3ds. Of course is a 10/10
  41. Oct 3, 2013
    I did chuckle at some of the bad reviews involving a moan about Navi and the graphics. These people obviously don't have the balls to finish it, or the brains to. They belong to the Playstation generation, and as far away from Hyrule as possible.

Still after all these years (and it's been a few) it's the greatest game of all time. Graphics aside you can't make this game any better than it already is. There is no story in any other game that will grab you and pull you in like this one. Traveling forwards and backwards through time is just pure genius and it's a journey that everyone should experience until the end.

So many legendary moments that help this game cement itself as the greatest there ever was. Brilliant ingenious weapons and a targeting system that was way ahead of it's time. Plenty of fun side quests to do along the way if you fancy a change from the main storyline. The main temples are challenging but satisfying as you progress, Nothing beats the feeling of completing the water temple for the first time.

The world of Hyrule just seems massive. From Hyrule field and all the temples, how did they squeeze it all on to one N64 cartridge? So many places to explore and secrets to find. Coupled with the excellent catchy soundtrack that you'll be humming along to for days.

The whole game just builds up the tension and excitement until you find yourself climbing that long staircase with the organ playing in the background to face the final challenge.

Then when it's all over you must "Go home where you are supposed to be...the way you are supposed to be"

It's a masterpiece, totally flawless and an unforgettable journey from the beginning to the end. Experience it for yourself and on completion realise that you'll never quite feel the same again.......
  42. Oct 13, 2013
    I remember when this game came out.. my friend got it, and all 5 of us played taking turns to save the kingdom. after countless hours and a sleepless night at 7am the next morning we had beaten the game. no small feat and it took 5 minds to help solve everything. I must say that is by far and away the funnest time i have ever had on a video game bar none this games story is just insanelyI remember when this game came out.. my friend got it, and all 5 of us played taking turns to save the kingdom. after countless hours and a sleepless night at 7am the next morning we had beaten the game. no small feat and it took 5 minds to help solve everything. I must say that is by far and away the funnest time i have ever had on a video game bar none this games story is just insanely awesome.. and i dub it the BEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME! Expand
  43. Oct 18, 2013
    Ocarina of time is the best n64 best game and the best adventure game of ever.
    an Excellent soundtrack with unforgables melodies,an excellent story. a innovative game with a perfect gameplay and a great open world.
    a masterpiece...
    a legend of nintendo
  44. Oct 22, 2013
    This game here is basically the best game ever made. Sure you may have your opinions but it's pretty much agreed worldwide that this game is perfect and deserves the praise it gets. The story, the gameplay, the fights, the bosses, the soundtrack, and pretty much everything else is perfect, Everyone should get the chance to experience this masterpiece.
  45. Oct 23, 2013
    Verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, good game
  46. Mar 31, 2014
    This is still one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, games of all time. I have beaten this game countless times and it never gets old. The story is enchanting and the music is a masterpiece. How many games are so thought out that you must go back in time to finish certain dungeons? This is greatness in it's finest form. Go buy an n64 and buy this game. I cannot recommend this gameThis is still one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, games of all time. I have beaten this game countless times and it never gets old. The story is enchanting and the music is a masterpiece. How many games are so thought out that you must go back in time to finish certain dungeons? This is greatness in it's finest form. Go buy an n64 and buy this game. I cannot recommend this game enough. My kids will play this game before they play any xbox or ps games. Expand
  47. Oct 30, 2013
    Poetic, beautiful, clever, creative, funny, creepy,... this game plays with your feelings just like the best films and books do.
    A unique and extremely powerful adventure that every person claiming he is a gamer should have played to.
    Ocarina of Time is and always will be the best game ever made.
    Every game has a story, but only one is a legend.
  48. Nov 9, 2013
    Firstly, allow me to state an absolute that I'll probably get downvoted to Oblivion for pointing out: This game is, in a very obvious sense, overrated. This, however, has no correlation with its quality; I simply mean to make the fact apparent that some 10/10 reviews, well, shouldn't be as inflated as they are despite the amazing quality of this game. And anyone saying that "people votingFirstly, allow me to state an absolute that I'll probably get downvoted to Oblivion for pointing out: This game is, in a very obvious sense, overrated. This, however, has no correlation with its quality; I simply mean to make the fact apparent that some 10/10 reviews, well, shouldn't be as inflated as they are despite the amazing quality of this game. And anyone saying that "people voting 8's or 7's are idiots" are really nothing more than just stubborn giga-fans. That being said, my critique is as follows:

There's no denial that this game is a great experience for apt Zelda fans. It presents a wonderful, new environment to the player, an arguably mega-fluid combat system, a light, yet invest-worthy engine, and most of all, a mood-setter that can be matched by few other games. Immersion is in near totality, with its only shortcomings being the limitations of the time. There's little that can be said against the game.

However, there is in fact, even in this masterpiece, room for some error:
    The main problem in the game, though not overwhelmingly prominent, is the slight feeling of emptiness associated with plot-carrying. If you choose to look at it standalone, there is a present problem in the fact that the game never truly reaches the point that you feel the overwhelming need to "push on" towards the end-result (which I'll not spoil). You feel, rather than working with Link to reach a goal, that you're watching the story play out for you. The problem with deciding the factoring of this error into a numeric review is the fact that the fault of this is halfway between the creators themselves, but also the simple limitations of the time. The only thing that's stopping me from giving this a full 10/10 is the likely possibility that this error could have been fixed, or at least improved with more consideration into immersion, no matter the era. And to be fair, a 10/10 implies a perfect game. Meaning there would be NO POSSIBILITY for ANY improvement in the game, which this game barely falls short of.

There's not much more to say. This is, arguably, one of the greatest games ever made, and is near-perfect aside from it's minor immersion flaw. But I'd recommend this game to anyone in a heartbeat. The environment, the gameplay, the whole feeling of it is just about as close to near-flawless as a game could be at that era.
  49. Nov 22, 2013
    The best video game of ALL THE TIME for me. Best memory of my childhood with A Link To The Past and Majora's Mask. This game is epic. PLAY IT, PLAY IT AGAIN
  50. Nov 23, 2013
    I still love playing this game even today.

It's classic Zelda, but revamped to 3-D for the first time. It's reinvented the way we do gaming with the lock-on targeting. The dungeons are great, and the quest is lengthy, with many hidden secrets. Not to mention that this game arguably has the Legend of Zelda's best soundtracks, it should be on any gamers list of must plays.
  51. Dec 27, 2013
    My favorite game. The game was Zelda first step into the 3D world. The graphics, at the time were extremely good, the world was very vast. The music in the game is excellent, the gameplay is excellent, the story is excellent. This game is as close as you'll ever get to being perfect. I genuinely think its a solid 10/10 rating.
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    Though not quite perfect, Ocarina of Time does suffer a bit (as with all N64 era games, some more so than others) from 3D controls, odd camera angles, and blurred textures. But all that aside, it is still one of the most accessible, enjoyable, and memorable Nintendo games to date.
  53. Jan 19, 2014
    In my opinion this is the best game of all time one thing Nintendo does is make you care about characters. It tells an extremely complex tale with some serious messages yet does it in simple ways. The puzzles are still impressive today and the gameplay set the foundation for nearly every game with 3D combat since then it has lots of secrets and some of the best boss battles of all time.
  54. Mar 11, 2014
    Ocarina of Time is a legendary video game that all gamers should have in their possession. It truly is one of the best adventure games ever made. Playing this game was an honor.
  55. Apr 25, 2014
    TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen
  56. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I stillThe best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I still recommend it for anyone that likes games. BEST GAME EVER! Expand
  57. Oct 20, 2014
    THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. PERIOD. I have played videogames since I was 3 and I have never played anything that can even compare to this.
  58. Nov 5, 2014
    its fun.................................................................................................................................................
  59. Nov 11, 2014
    I can understand that you don't love this game because it's not your type of game. If you prefer FPS above a good old Action-Adventure game, ok fine. It's your choice if you want to buy this. But if you just slap a rating on this game without even knowing what this game is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64 but you can also play it on an emulator which is sadly not that awesome. This game is probably one of the best LoZ games of all time and could even get the title of best video game of all time!
    If you love the fantasy genre and if you love action-adventure games, you should check this game out because you will have a load of fun with this masterpiece.
  60. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever made. This was nintendos first step into 3d with zelda and the result was perfect. The dungeons have great layouts. The bosses are fun. A game that everyone should play. Its 10 out of 10
  61. Nov 21, 2014
    Put simply I still have not played a game replicate the experience of Ocarina of Time and this remains a benchmark that has not been achieved again.
  62. Nov 22, 2014
    Simply an amazing game by any stretch. If you any sort of gamer, it is essential that you play this game. Playing this game is a great experience.I cannot express how well this set the groundbreaking for today's gaming world. PLAY IT.
  63. Dec 27, 2014
    where do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zeldawhere do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zelda theres no doubt this is the best game of all time 10 great fairys outta 10 Expand
  64. Jan 23, 2015
    I have stated in other game reviews that nothing is perfect but this IS!
    There is nothing left to say after all these years since its release.
    It is a masterpiece in all aspects, but the story is remarkable.
    I complete this game 100% over and over.
    PERFECT!
  65. Jan 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so first of all people who gave this a game a 0 don't deserve to rate games. A game that is a 0 dosent work. 1 is a game where everything is so bad and its barley and game etc. This game came out in 98 and set the bar so high few games still have managed to hit that bar. When this game came out in 98 people where mind blown. It was one of the games in history that changed gaming. This game has aged well, Many people who are new gamers who are used to graphics and dramatic scenes may not like it as much because its old but will still enjoy it so much. This game has great music, characters, terrain, and probably the best development of any video game. Link the hero of time starts off as a lazy kid who is rejected by everybody in the kokiri village. He dosent even have his own fairy. But as you progress through the story Link keeps getting stronger and stronger just enough to beat the next boss. Towards the mid point of the game where you get the ocarina of time Link finally meets ganandorf. Link With great courage draws his sword and weapon but is easily knocked off by ganandorf. Ganandorf then laughs and leaves in pursuit of the princess. Link has gotten strong but not nearly strong enough. The sages knew link could not take on ganon at this age so they put link into a deep 7 year sleep. Now Link (matured) has been informed what has happend to hyrule and now he must find all the sages in order to beat ganon and save hyrule. So link sets off running around hyrule, temple to temple gaining even more strength and weapons. In the end Link is now strong enough to face the evil lord in a epic showdown between shadow vs light, the hero of time who possesses the triforce of courage vs the evil demon king who possesses the triforce of power. After a long epic struggle Link the hero of time prevails and defeats Ganon stabbing him with the master sword in the head. Link went from the the lazy boy without a fairy to a Legend who saved hyrule from complete destruction. Expand
  66. Mar 12, 2015
    Whilst not perfect as nothing is, this game managed to fully immerse me in it's simple yet captivating storyline, gameplay and art style.

I'm trying to not be bias, due me being a Legend of Zelda fan, but I can truly say that if you give this game a chance that lasts longer than 20 minuites (I truly believe the first twenty can be the worst part in the game) then you'll be rewarded the points I have just described.

As others have said, a true classic. The 3DS version is also, brilliant.
  67. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich sollten allein schon für die vergangene Arbeit , die für diese Legende in Ideen und Features übergegangen sind , mindestens 3 Punkte hergegeben werden . Keine Ahnung , was sich manche unter gut vorstellen ;D Dieser Klassiker gehört gewürdigt und verdient die 99 % vollkommen zu Recht ^-^
  68. Aug 11, 2015
    A master piece, doing allusion to the temple of time, Ocarina of Time it is an very advanced work for his time, simply the best game of all time.

It is a timeless work, it showed that video games can also make you mourn, laugh, that the hairs stand on end in your skin when you return to listening to his music and they can be considered art. Simply the best game ever.
  69. Oct 15, 2015
    Ocarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too longOcarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too long to be attacked. If you want a real review, watch Egoraptor's video on Youtube comparing it to Link to the Past. Expand
  70. Mar 6, 2017
    One of the best games of all time. When this first released on the N64 it blew peoples minds. Even to this day it is still more playable than most modern games. A true masterpiece.
  71. May 13, 2016
    This game is amazing, creative dungeons, memorable characters and a fantastic story. I can't say much this game hasn't already been praised for. It is a classic game that is a must play for any gamer.
  72. Mar 6, 2017
    Esse jogo não é mais o melhor de todos os tempos, mas será para sempre o MAIOR de todos os tempos. (Translate: This game is not the best of all time anymore, but it'll always be the BIGGEST of all time)
  73. Sep 30, 2016
    The greatest video game of all time i have ever played in my life, everything about this game is flawless cant say anything negative about it. 10/10 well done shigeru!!
  74. Feb 14, 2017
    If there's a Zelda game that deserves a 100 rating, it's this one. This classic game has an incredible story, and some incredible boss fights and dungeons (I actually liked the water temple). Literally every video game critics have called this game a masterpiece, if you haven't played this game yet go get it right away.
  75. Mar 3, 2017
    one orf the best game eva

screw all u hatrs

dis game is da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  76. Mar 7, 2017
    I played it when I was a kid... good times... but in so much time, there's only one game that can fight with it for the place of the best gamer ever... and it's Zelda Breath of the Wild ;D
    This is one of the BEST **** GAMES EVER!
  77. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is the best rated game of all time: its metascore is 99, and if that's not enough to convince you that this game is amazing, you must really hate video games.
  78. Mar 8, 2017
    Quien no le de un 10 a este juego es un niño rata
    ocarina of time es el mejor juego de la historia.................................................................................
  79. Apr 18, 2011
    This is my favorite game of all-time. While people are entitled to their opinions, anyone who negatively rates OoT either generally dislikes the action/RPG genre (as opposed to the game itself), or is too dumb to play. For those that criticize the graphics; they were among the best when it was released. For those that criticize the gameplay; OoT had dozens of game mechanics that haveThis is my favorite game of all-time. While people are entitled to their opinions, anyone who negatively rates OoT either generally dislikes the action/RPG genre (as opposed to the game itself), or is too dumb to play. For those that criticize the graphics; they were among the best when it was released. For those that criticize the gameplay; OoT had dozens of game mechanics that have become staples int he genre.

Not only is the great in and of itself, but it is also a superb continuation of the Zelda series, flawlessly bringing the 2D world of Zelda to three dimensions.
  80. Jun 6, 2011
    And now here's a good one. It is the highest rated for a reason. It has a really good adventure, and is unbelievably starts off easy and then it gets hard, then it's easy again. Nice!
  81. DiegoV.
    Feb 20, 2004
    Perfect.
  82. Apr 17, 2011
    i cant help but want to find where the people who rated this bad and punch them in the face. after taking them from their troll memes, and their call of duty modern warefare...... a perfect game
  83. Jun 7, 2011
    The reason I chose The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I went to PlayN'Trade a year ago was because my friend had it for his N64 and it seemed cool, at the time i thought Zelda was for nerds....now i regret saying that cause this game changed me for the rest of the year...I loved the story line and I spent HOURS in the doungens trying to beat the jellyfish,the fake Ganondorf and aThe reason I chose The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I went to PlayN'Trade a year ago was because my friend had it for his N64 and it seemed cool, at the time i thought Zelda was for nerds....now i regret saying that cause this game changed me for the rest of the year...I loved the story line and I spent HOURS in the doungens trying to beat the jellyfish,the fake Ganondorf and a bunch of other stuff.....oh man and i told my Dad to do most of the Adult Link stuff cause I was "busy" with school but I loved the Hours I spent in this because those were great hours spent,Thank you The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time you are simply great. Expand
  84. Nov 19, 2010
    I don't have word for this game. Maybe... Perfect? Epic? Unstoppable? Unbeatable? Irresistible? Sensational......? The songs, bgs, sfx, graphifcs, characters, history, all of this game is incridlebe. 11/10
  85. Mar 13, 2011
    The face of god, I just saw it.
  86. Aug 31, 2011
    one of the greatest game of all time no doubt about it. Giving this game anything less than a 10 is outragous. Nothing these days can even be on the same sentence as this.
  87. ArneL.
    Apr 1, 2004
    It's a masterpiece there will never be a better game. i could return and play for hour and hour again.
  88. SteveE.
    Jun 29, 2004
    This is the greatest game of all time.
  89. Simon.W.
    Aug 22, 2005
    This game is the work of enlightened genius. Euphoric and powerful gameplay make this the best game that i have ever played and i would be surprised if anything ever surpassed it. If someone knocks it im surprised.
  90. Eddie
    Aug 5, 2005
    Best adventure game ever made.
  91. CoryP.
    Aug 5, 2008
    This is the best game I've ever played. I have been waiting for an experience like this since I first played it 10 years ago but it hasn't come along. Not even subsequent Zeldas can match the feeling you got when you played this game for the first time. Before Ocarina, Chrono Trigger was the game that offered that wonderful feeling of perfection.
  92. Onrust
    Nov 11, 2009
    Simply put the best game ever made. People who rate this anything below 10 never played it when it first game out. This game redefined the entire game industry and set a new standard. The experience that i have had with this game has not been matched and will never be matched again. If you havent played this yet, do so, now, it is part of your gaming education!
  93. TalesP.
    May 1, 2003
    The best game ever...
  94. ErkinA.
    Aug 9, 2008
    I have only played emulation. It was really good but really hard.
  95. RhodyT.
    Jun 12, 2008
    The game that brought the Zelda series (one of the greatest series' in video games) into 3D and revolutionized the whole genre. Not as great if you're picking it up and playing it for the first time now, ten years later, but it's hard to deny that this is one of the best, if not THE best game ever made.
  96. TrentP
    Jun 15, 2008
    All time favourite game. Best game ever made.
  97. Jun 10, 2011
    Ocarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than mostOcarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than most games we get now, 13 years later. Gameplay is solid to the bone and set a tradition into its future successors, the story is epic as hell and the replay value is unprecedentedly legendary. If you love games, this is an essential play. You can't call yourself a gamer until you played this. Expand
  98. Nov 28, 2010
    This is, without a doubt, the best game ever created. Even to this day, years after it was made, I still love the game. If you haven't played the game, and own a Wii, pick it up on the virtual console, it is well worth the $10 they are charging for it.
  99. Nov 16, 2011
    This game was wayyy ahead of its time. That just just how amazing this game is and always be. Anyone that gives this game a low score, is just probably just jealous to how amazing this game is. The characters, the storyline, the game play is truly amazing. A must-play for ANY gamer!!
  100. RobT.
    Jan 3, 2004
    Flawless in every way, teaching the player everything they need to know, and remaining interesting and fun help make this game simply perfect.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.