9.2

1. Nov 20, 2011
    People say it's overrated. I played it in 2006 after beating WindWaker, Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. This was not my first Zelda and yet I still put it above all others and somehow I've grown nostalgic over it in such a short amount of time. Music is amazing, world is so expansive for such an old game, characters and story is interesting and it keeps gameplay and exploration freshPeople say it's overrated. I played it in 2006 after beating WindWaker, Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. This was not my first Zelda and yet I still put it above all others and somehow I've grown nostalgic over it in such a short amount of time. Music is amazing, world is so expansive for such an old game, characters and story is interesting and it keeps gameplay and exploration fresh throughout. Best Zelda game IMO and worthy of more than a 10/10. Expand
  2. Nov 29, 2011
    Pure freaking magic, trolls can rage against the game as much as they want; when a discussion of the greatest game of all time comes up, Ocarina stands as king.
  3. Dec 2, 2011
    ¿El mejor videojuego de la historia? Eso es imposible para cualquier videojuego pero... ¿El considerado mejor videojuego de la historia? Si, y se lo ha ganado a pulso. Un clasico atemporal que no puede faltar en tu coleccion junto a otros juegos de su quinta como Meta Gear Solid, FFVII, Super Mario 64, etc...
  4. Jan 7, 2012
    Whenever I find the rare game that I might give a 10 out of 10, the first thing I do is think 'Is it better than Ocarina of Time?' and always come up with no. This truly is the only game that is a 10 that I have played and probably the only one that exists. Remember, sometimes things become popular for a good reason (or because Will Smith is in it). The gameplay, story, length and puzzlesWhenever I find the rare game that I might give a 10 out of 10, the first thing I do is think 'Is it better than Ocarina of Time?' and always come up with no. This truly is the only game that is a 10 that I have played and probably the only one that exists. Remember, sometimes things become popular for a good reason (or because Will Smith is in it). The gameplay, story, length and puzzles all mesh together so well that this game can not be called anything but flawless. Expand
  5. Mar 7, 2012
    Easilly the greatest game ever made, when it was released, Nintendo took a huge risk, and it payed off, the enviorments still stand out to this very day, and the games music is some of the greatest in , the story is original, the characters are memorable, the controls are simple and fluent, it is a game flawless on all levels
  6. Jul 2, 2012
    This game is one of if not the Best game Ever made. Rather It Brings you nostalgia or not it is a Perfect masterpiece. And for all those 9 year old retard Call of duty Fans. Who by the way has never played a game other than First person Shooters. I say Shame on you. And if your one of those Graphics hating Retards. This game Had some of the Best Graphics of any game in 1998. And if yourThis game is one of if not the Best game Ever made. Rather It Brings you nostalgia or not it is a Perfect masterpiece. And for all those 9 year old retard Call of duty Fans. Who by the way has never played a game other than First person Shooters. I say Shame on you. And if your one of those Graphics hating Retards. This game Had some of the Best Graphics of any game in 1998. And if your Still irritated by the Graphics Buy the one for the 3ds it's graphics are Better. Point is The Games a outstanding. Expand
  7. Aug 29, 2012
    What can I say that hasn't been said?Nothing.It's almost if not completely perfect! Gameplay is pure,Zelda awesomeness.Oh yeah and if you said it was boring,it's because you suck at it and you only like fps games where all you do is run in and go,"I'M RAMBO!!!!BAMBLAMCHIGGABOOM!". These people are what I call "fraggots" fps nerds who hate anything without guns and judge everything byWhat can I say that hasn't been said?Nothing.It's almost if not completely perfect! Gameplay is pure,Zelda awesomeness.Oh yeah and if you said it was boring,it's because you suck at it and you only like fps games where all you do is run in and go,"I'M RAMBO!!!!BAMBLAMCHIGGABOOM!". These people are what I call "fraggots" fps nerds who hate anything without guns and judge everything by graphics.Hence the word "frag" coming from "frag grenade",often used in fps games.Though Nintendo geeks can get annoying,too.But,I've gotten sidetracked.The controls,story,graphics (for it's time),gameplay,characters, and overall nostalgia are amazing.A 10 out of 10.An almost (if not completely) perfect game! Expand
  8. Jul 28, 2012
    This is the single best no not only game but entertainment package. Ever. In my opinion and in many others. For many many many reasons. This game invented targeting systems which has been used my many many many games since. I think it has the best and easiest to grasp and relate too stories in a game ever. Its so simple yet if you want to get into it enough you will notice that nintendoThis is the single best no not only game but entertainment package. Ever. In my opinion and in many others. For many many many reasons. This game invented targeting systems which has been used my many many many games since. I think it has the best and easiest to grasp and relate too stories in a game ever. Its so simple yet if you want to get into it enough you will notice that nintendo has given you so much depth to read about and explore in the game. IT IS AN EPIC MY FRIENDS. Expand
  9. Aug 10, 2012
    Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made; I need not give the full title of this game let alone explain the ranking. Words cannot describe this game. It was the first 3D Zelda game, and it's one of the most epic games of all time. This game is old, but it never gets old. It's stood the test of time, and after 12 years this game is still the best. I have never heard anyone saying anythingOcarina of Time is the best game ever made; I need not give the full title of this game let alone explain the ranking. Words cannot describe this game. It was the first 3D Zelda game, and it's one of the most epic games of all time. This game is old, but it never gets old. It's stood the test of time, and after 12 years this game is still the best. I have never heard anyone saying anything remotely negative about this game, so I know that this is the correct ranking. This is THE golden standard of video games. This game is the reason I will never sell my Nintendo 64. Critic score is a 99? Anything less than a 100 is a sham. It's very true that there's no such thing as a perfect game, but everything in the world is completely arbitrary without an accepted standard. This game is the standard because it's the highest rated game of all time (Guinness World Records officially named it such). You have no choice but to compare this game to every other game. it is perfect in every way. It never gets boring and everything about it is just...perfect. Expand
  10. Aug 9, 2012
    Easily the BEST game i have ever played! From the beautiful world of hyrule, to the lovable characters, to the fun, and brutal dungeons, this game achieves everything with perfection. There is literally nothing bad i can say about this game. It is video games biggest achievement, has been the highest rated game since release, and anyone who disagrees is a hater, never played, or justEasily the BEST game i have ever played! From the beautiful world of hyrule, to the lovable characters, to the fun, and brutal dungeons, this game achieves everything with perfection. There is literally nothing bad i can say about this game. It is video games biggest achievement, has been the highest rated game since release, and anyone who disagrees is a hater, never played, or just crazy. Just know that OOT will always be better than your favorite game. :) Expand
  11. Aug 21, 2012
    i am a huge zelda-fan, cause this serie is fantastic in gameplay and atmospheric music, and naturally i loved also this game that time. it was a huge step forward for videogames as "Tomb Raider" and "GTA III" were and in those days when "Ocarina of Time" was released it was with no doubt the best game. And though i am always happy to see that "Ocarina o.T." is on the first place in somei am a huge zelda-fan, cause this serie is fantastic in gameplay and atmospheric music, and naturally i loved also this game that time. it was a huge step forward for videogames as "Tomb Raider" and "GTA III" were and in those days when "Ocarina of Time" was released it was with no doubt the best game. And though i am always happy to see that "Ocarina o.T." is on the first place in some all-Time-charts, cause this serie has deserved this place, i think it's not a timeless jewel. Gameplay and everything was great, but this early 3D-graphics on Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 feel so dated today, that i even prefer the graphics of the 16-bit era (Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, ...). A great game, for sure! an amazing game, yes! but today the graphics destroy this experience more than in even older games. So i give just a 9 out of 10. Expand
  12. Aug 26, 2012
    Simply brilliance. Combat is amazing, puzzles are well thought out, best video game soundtrack in my opinion (sorry Final Fantasy fans), perfect game time (not so long that it gets boring, but not too short that you wish there was more), interesting story and cool items. This is a game that just screams "Hello Childhood". 10/10 :)
  13. Sep 2, 2012
    This game deserves nothing less than a 10, and we all know it!!! What an epic adventure this game is. The graphics, music, gameplay were and still can be considered marvelous. Due to graphics nowadays most 64 titles are somewhat hard to really get into, but this game will be playable for years, maybe decades to come. If you haven't played through this game, do whatever is necessary to doThis game deserves nothing less than a 10, and we all know it!!! What an epic adventure this game is. The graphics, music, gameplay were and still can be considered marvelous. Due to graphics nowadays most 64 titles are somewhat hard to really get into, but this game will be playable for years, maybe decades to come. If you haven't played through this game, do whatever is necessary to do so because you will not regret it. Seriously, my life would not be the same without playing this game, except I would have the 5 hours back it took me figure out the passage under the moving platform in the water temple! Expand
  14. Nov 6, 2013
    This is the best game I've ever played. Ever. It should come with a warning label that says, "Every game after this will feel like a slight disappointment." It's story is wonderful, and has plenty of undertones that add depth to a seemingly simple storyline. The game play is perfect. Puzzles are challenging but not impossible, the open world is fun to explore, and Link's arsenal ofThis is the best game I've ever played. Ever. It should come with a warning label that says, "Every game after this will feel like a slight disappointment." It's story is wonderful, and has plenty of undertones that add depth to a seemingly simple storyline. The game play is perfect. Puzzles are challenging but not impossible, the open world is fun to explore, and Link's arsenal of weapons provides a variety of playing styles.

This is my favorite game of all time, and I feel like everyone should be given the chance to play this masterpiece.
  15. Jan 3, 2013
    Just the Greatest game of all time!!! FACT THAT IT HAS GREAT STORY, GAME-PLAY, CONTROLS, SIDE-QUEST, GREAT EVERYTHING, AND THE MUSIC OH MY GOD THE FRICKING MUSIC (sorry cant cruse)
  16. May 22, 2013
    One of the greatest games of all time, if not THE greatest. This was the game that broke down boundaries for gamers and for the first time really showed what a game can represent to people. You can speak to any gamer in the world and they all have their own personal Ocarina of Time moment.
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    My Favorite Game of All Time, The Legend of Zelda: OoT was my introduction to the series, and since have completed it numerous times and found it to be the all around perfection of Adventure gaming for all Ages.

But to explain why this means so much, I have to explain the situation the time of this games release, I'm currently 21, I was born back in 1992, and the N64 and PlayStation where dominating the market, both having their own stellar titles and being a kid of 6 years old at the time of the game's 1998 release censorship was always unheard of in my family. I was sneaking around a large Military base in my favourite series "Metal Gear Solid" and capping zombies left, right and center in "Resident Evil 2", whilst happily stopping Gruntilda in "Banjo Kazooie" and getting lost in paintings in the superb "Super Mario 64".

As soon as you load up this Game, The Introduction will NEVER leave your memory, Koji Kondo's Introductory music will attach itself to your brain and along with the cinematic of a young adult riding his horse through the vast Hyrule field sums up everything you need to know that this is going to be quite the Adventure.

The story involves a young boy living in the woods with other equally aged kids, who is summoned by the forest deity "The Great Deku Tree" who sends the boy named "Link" and his new Companion "Navi" the fairy on a Journey to save the Land of Hyrule and it's Princess "Zelda" from the Evil tyrant "Ganondorf".

And from there on an Epic tale that spans several years begins, interacting with the many citizens and species of the lands, revisiting them years later to see how their domains have stood the test of time, and of course dungeons and puzzles all expertly crafted around fantastic tools you'll discover and ultimately need to take down some of gaming's most memorable foes.

Again just writing this down you KNOW this game is Legend, obviously take note that I had not played the superb games in the series beforehand, and this was my introduction to superbly crafted 3-D gaming space suddenly do you realize just how much Ocarina of Time, has raised the bar, set the standard and still to this day is the pinnacle of Adventure Gaming.

I have to say that I never really had problems with the controls (I heard many people found them clustered), I will admit, I tend to rate things on how well they will stand the test of time, On an unrelated topic "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is my favourite movie as I've seen it countless times and never tire or find boredom in any part of it's running time, that's also this game, not once do I have any bitterness towards any part, I guess on repeated playthroughs did I realize that I couldn't wait to play the 2nd Act of this game where the abundance of development really soaks in.

Receiving more Items, Learning Ocarina melodies, Dungeon and Cave exploration (I really find myself wanting to play it again right now). It remains just as relevant now as it did 15 years ago...

Final Verdict: I better end here because in all honesty I could go on forever, it needs to be played to be believed, and I hope anyone reading this "got" how much this game means the way I felt about it years ago and even today. Play it! see the epitome of the Zelda series in all it's glory, many a port exists 10/10. I'm gonna go listen to some Koji Kondo!
  18. Jul 14, 2013
    If you watch the negative scores... it's only haters and people who never played the game... some even say Bad graphics... it was 1998 ffs and some say no story... lol, just lol, play the game before doing the review.
    I love this game for the simple fact that it makes you get in front of your tv and makes you want not to stop playing it. It's so good. my favourite game ever
  19. Aug 2, 2013
    The best game of all time for obvious reasons you can read it from a real reviewer. just wanted to give it my 10, so i have to give 150 charecters i will say this game is where real 3D graphic deep story telling hit the mainstream, then we get the timetravel the boss fights all for its time at the very pinnacle of excellence
  20. Aug 7, 2013
    One of the greatest of all time, nearly perfect in every way: graphics, sound, story and gameplay. It still retains its value years later with every replay.
  21. Sep 16, 2013
    aahhh my child hood, brings back memories. this game may not be impressive in terms of today but back then it was a masterpiece and took gaming to whole other level
  22. Oct 14, 2013
    one of the best games of all time
    ignore the reviews by the trolls (ie all the ones in the red)
    without any doubt in my mind, this was my favorite game growing up, and it wasnt until i was around the age of 13 that i actually finished it. i popped it in recently, and it STILL lives up to its reputation, Graphics dont make a good game, sure Majoras Mask looks better, but without focusing
    one of the best games of all time
    ignore the reviews by the trolls (ie all the ones in the red)
    i popped it in recently, and it STILL lives up to its reputation, Graphics dont make a good game, sure Majoras Mask looks better, but without focusing on side quests, OOT is much longer and gives you more playtime and replay value.
    a total of 10 dungeons, Memorable bosses and plot points.
    EVEN without the Promised Ura Zelda Addon (that WAS said to have been finished by miyamoto on autust 25th on a tvshow back in 2000, but added no plans to release it) this game is pretty solid on its one.
  23. Sep 24, 2013
    The legend of Zelda is a beautiful game, good graphics for the time, excellent story, good bosses, a plot magnifies definitely one of the best Zelda games and the world of the story.
  24. Oct 3, 2013
    I did chuckle at some of the bad reviews involving a moan about Navi and the graphics. These people obviously don't have the balls to finish it, or the brains to. They belong to the Playstation generation, and as far away from Hyrule as possible.

Still after all these years (and it's been a few) it's the greatest game of all time. Graphics aside you can't make this game any better than it already is. There is no story in any other game that will grab you and pull you in like this one. Traveling forwards and backwards through time is just pure genius and it's a journey that everyone should experience until the end.

So many legendary moments that help this game cement itself as the greatest there ever was. Brilliant ingenious weapons and a targeting system that was way ahead of it's time. Plenty of fun side quests to do along the way if you fancy a change from the main storyline. The main temples are challenging but satisfying as you progress, Nothing beats the feeling of completing the water temple for the first time.

The world of Hyrule just seems massive. From Hyrule field and all the temples, how did they squeeze it all on to one N64 cartridge? So many places to explore and secrets to find. Coupled with the excellent catchy soundtrack that you'll be humming along to for days.

The whole game just builds up the tension and excitement until you find yourself climbing that long staircase with the organ playing in the background to face the final challenge.

Then when it's all over you must "Go home where you are supposed to be...the way you are supposed to be"

It's a masterpiece, totally flawless and an unforgettable journey from the beginning to the end. Experience it for yourself and on completion realise that you'll never quite feel the same again.......
  25. Oct 18, 2013
    Ocarina of time is the best n64 best game and the best adventure game of ever.
    an Excellent soundtrack with unforgables melodies,an excellent story. a innovative game with a perfect gameplay and a great open world.
    a masterpiece...
    a legend of nintendo
  26. Oct 22, 2013
    This game here is basically the best game ever made. Sure you may have your opinions but it's pretty much agreed worldwide that this game is perfect and deserves the praise it gets. The story, the gameplay, the fights, the bosses, the soundtrack, and pretty much everything else is perfect, Everyone should get the chance to experience this masterpiece.
  27. Oct 23, 2013
    Verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, verry, good game
  28. Oct 30, 2013
    Poetic, beautiful, clever, creative, funny, creepy,... this game plays with your feelings just like the best films and books do.
    A unique and extremely powerful adventure that every person claiming he is a gamer should have played to.
    Ocarina of Time is and always will be the best game ever made.
    Every game has a story, but only one is a legend.
  29. Nov 9, 2013
    Firstly, allow me to state an absolute that I'll probably get downvoted to Oblivion for pointing out: This game is, in a very obvious sense, overrated. This, however, has no correlation with its quality; I simply mean to make the fact apparent that some 10/10 reviews, well, shouldn't be as inflated as they are despite the amazing quality of this game. And anyone saying that "people votingFirstly, allow me to state an absolute that I'll probably get downvoted to Oblivion for pointing out: This game is, in a very obvious sense, overrated. This, however, has no correlation with its quality; I simply mean to make the fact apparent that some 10/10 reviews, well, shouldn't be as inflated as they are despite the amazing quality of this game. And anyone saying that "people voting 8's or 7's are idiots" are really nothing more than just stubborn giga-fans. That being said, my critique is as follows:

There's no denial that this game is a great experience for apt Zelda fans. It presents a wonderful, new environment to the player, an arguably mega-fluid combat system, a light, yet invest-worthy engine, and most of all, a mood-setter that can be matched by few other games. Immersion is in near totality, with its only shortcomings being the limitations of the time. There's little that can be said against the game.

However, there is in fact, even in this masterpiece, room for some error:
    The main problem in the game, though not overwhelmingly prominent, is the slight feeling of emptiness associated with plot-carrying. If you choose to look at it standalone, there is a present problem in the fact that the game never truly reaches the point that you feel the overwhelming need to "push on" towards the end-result (which I'll not spoil). You feel, rather than working with Link to reach a goal, that you're watching the story play out for you. The problem with deciding the factoring of this error into a numeric review is the fact that the fault of this is halfway between the creators themselves, but also the simple limitations of the time. The only thing that's stopping me from giving this a full 10/10 is the likely possibility that this error could have been fixed, or at least improved with more consideration into immersion, no matter the era. And to be fair, a 10/10 implies a perfect game. Meaning there would be NO POSSIBILITY for ANY improvement in the game, which this game barely falls short of.

There's not much more to say. This is, arguably, one of the greatest games ever made, and is near-perfect aside from it's minor immersion flaw. But I'd recommend this game to anyone in a heartbeat. The environment, the gameplay, the whole feeling of it is just about as close to near-flawless as a game could be at that era.
  30. Nov 22, 2013
    The best video game of ALL THE TIME for me. Best memory of my childhood with A Link To The Past and Majora's Mask. This game is epic. PLAY IT, PLAY IT AGAIN
  31. Nov 23, 2013
    I still love playing this game even today.

It's classic Zelda, but revamped to 3-D for the first time. It's reinvented the way we do gaming with the lock-on targeting. The dungeons are great, and the quest is lengthy, with many hidden secrets. Not to mention that this game arguably has the Legend of Zelda's best soundtracks, it should be on any gamers list of must plays.
  32. Dec 28, 2013
    Though not quite perfect, Ocarina of Time does suffer a bit (as with all N64 era games, some more so than others) from 3D controls, odd camera angles, and blurred textures. But all that aside, it is still one of the most accessible, enjoyable, and memorable Nintendo games to date.
  33. Oct 20, 2014
    THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. PERIOD. I have played videogames since I was 3 and I have never played anything that can even compare to this.
  34. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever made. This was nintendos first step into 3d with zelda and the result was perfect. The dungeons have great layouts. The bosses are fun. A game that everyone should play. Its 10 out of 10
  35. Apr 18, 2011
    This is my favorite game of all-time. While people are entitled to their opinions, anyone who negatively rates OoT either generally dislikes the action/RPG genre (as opposed to the game itself), or is too dumb to play. For those that criticize the graphics; they were among the best when it was released. For those that criticize the gameplay; OoT had dozens of game mechanics that haveThis is my favorite game of all-time. While people are entitled to their opinions, anyone who negatively rates OoT either generally dislikes the action/RPG genre (as opposed to the game itself), or is too dumb to play. For those that criticize the graphics; they were among the best when it was released. For those that criticize the gameplay; OoT had dozens of game mechanics that have become staples int he genre.

Not only is the great in and of itself, but it is also a superb continuation of the Zelda series, flawlessly bringing the 2D world of Zelda to three dimensions.
  36. Jun 6, 2011
    And now here's a good one. It is the highest rated for a reason. It has a really good adventure, and is unbelievably starts off easy and then it gets hard, then it's easy again. Nice!
  37. DiegoV.
    Feb 20, 2004
    Perfect.
  38. Apr 17, 2011
    i cant help but want to find where the people who rated this bad and punch them in the face. after taking them from their troll memes, and their call of duty modern warefare...... a perfect game
  39. Jun 7, 2011
    The reason I chose The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I went to PlayN'Trade a year ago was because my friend had it for his N64 and it seemed cool, at the time i thought Zelda was for nerds....now i regret saying that cause this game changed me for the rest of the year...I loved the story line and I spent HOURS in the doungens trying to beat the jellyfish,the fake Ganondorf and aThe reason I chose The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time when I went to PlayN'Trade a year ago was because my friend had it for his N64 and it seemed cool, at the time i thought Zelda was for nerds....now i regret saying that cause this game changed me for the rest of the year...I loved the story line and I spent HOURS in the doungens trying to beat the jellyfish,the fake Ganondorf and a bunch of other stuff.....oh man and i told my Dad to do most of the Adult Link stuff cause I was "busy" with school but I loved the Hours I spent in this because those were great hours spent,Thank you The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time you are simply great. Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2010
    I don't have word for this game. Maybe... Perfect? Epic? Unstoppable? Unbeatable? Irresistible? Sensational......? The songs, bgs, sfx, graphifcs, characters, history, all of this game is incridlebe. 11/10
  41. Mar 13, 2011
    The face of god, I just saw it.
  42. Aug 31, 2011
    one of the greatest game of all time no doubt about it. Giving this game anything less than a 10 is outragous. Nothing these days can even be on the same sentence as this.
  43. ArneL.
    Apr 1, 2004
    It's a masterpiece there will never be a better game. i could return and play for hour and hour again.
  44. SteveE.
    Jun 29, 2004
    This is the greatest game of all time.
  45. Simon.W.
    Aug 22, 2005
    This game is the work of enlightened genius. Euphoric and powerful gameplay make this the best game that i have ever played and i would be surprised if anything ever surpassed it. If someone knocks it im surprised.
  46. Eddie
    Aug 5, 2005
    Best adventure game ever made.
  47. CoryP.
    Aug 5, 2008
    This is the best game I've ever played. I have been waiting for an experience like this since I first played it 10 years ago but it hasn't come along. Not even subsequent Zeldas can match the feeling you got when you played this game for the first time. Before Ocarina, Chrono Trigger was the game that offered that wonderful feeling of perfection.
  48. Onrust
    Nov 11, 2009
    Simply put the best game ever made. People who rate this anything below 10 never played it when it first game out. This game redefined the entire game industry and set a new standard. The experience that i have had with this game has not been matched and will never be matched again. If you havent played this yet, do so, now, it is part of your gaming education!
  49. TalesP.
    May 1, 2003
    The best game ever...
  50. ErkinA.
    Aug 9, 2008
    I have only played emulation. It was really good but really hard.
  51. RhodyT.
    Jun 12, 2008
    The game that brought the Zelda series (one of the greatest series' in video games) into 3D and revolutionized the whole genre. Not as great if you're picking it up and playing it for the first time now, ten years later, but it's hard to deny that this is one of the best, if not THE best game ever made.
  52. TrentP
    Jun 15, 2008
    All time favourite game. Best game ever made.
  53. Jun 10, 2011
    Ocarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than mostOcarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than most games we get now, 13 years later. Gameplay is solid to the bone and set a tradition into its future successors, the story is epic as hell and the replay value is unprecedentedly legendary. If you love games, this is an essential play. You can't call yourself a gamer until you played this. Expand
  54. Nov 28, 2010
    This is, without a doubt, the best game ever created. Even to this day, years after it was made, I still love the game. If you haven't played the game, and own a Wii, pick it up on the virtual console, it is well worth the $10 they are charging for it.
  55. RobT.
    Jan 3, 2004
    Flawless in every way, teaching the player everything they need to know, and remaining interesting and fun help make this game simply perfect.
  56. Hugge
    Jan 9, 2004
    What can I say that hasn't already been said... the best game ever made. Period.
  57. Jun 12, 2011
    People that don't like this game... just don't like video games, and I'm surprised they're here reviewing them. 10/10. King of kings. Ocarina of Time.
  58. GageW
    Mar 29, 2004
    I am, by nature, a skeptic - some say cynic. I don't buy into critics reviews - be it movies, music, or games (remember how we all got rooked on Lost in Translation?). That said, I was wary about playing a game that was 5+ years old - especially one garnering so many effusing laudations - and coming to me free via GC. How could it possibly compete with the best today had to offer? I am, by nature, a skeptic - some say cynic. I don't buy into critics reviews - be it movies, music, or games (remember how we all got rooked on Lost in Translation?). That said, I was wary about playing a game that was 5+ years old - especially one garnering so many effusing laudations - and coming to me free via GC. How could it possibly compete with the best today had to offer? Well, the skeptic in me was silenced, the cynic transmogrified. After finishing the game I was both elated and melancholic - the greatest game I had ever played was over. I went ahead and played through both Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, each notable, deserving, and great in its own right. But neither, nor any game before or since, has matched what Miyamoto delivered (including Miyamoto himself) in terms of sheer gaming experience. Sure, one can argue the graphics today are better, the sound crisper, the controls snappier. But make no mistake about it. This is the Citizen Kane -- or Casablanca, Godfather, GWTW if you prefer -- of the gaming industry. A feat accomplished once in a lifetime. One which is quickly becoming a piece of nostalgia, at once both glorified and dismissed for its status, while still standing the test of time as the front-runner to the greatest game of them all. Expand
  59. Mcn
    Oct 10, 2006
    I wish I wish I still had this game. Get this game as soon as it comes out on Wii virtual console.
  60. DanielA.
    Jun 30, 2006
    Quite certainly the greatest video game ever made. To date, nothing has topped it, and I have a strong suspicion that nothing ever will.
  61. NestorB
    Aug 30, 2008
    Best game on N64, best game of its time. This games amazing story and innovative gameplay are both testaments to its spot as #1 game on metacritic.
  62. CaseJ.
    Aug 8, 2007
    I'd have given it a ten if it forced you to use its ingenious dodgeing system more i mean its better to just stab most of the time and its not hard to figure out, only time where you need to use it is against golden nuckles. being easy is its only major flaw but maybe ill play through with 3 hearts. beats playing most modern day games thats for sure.
  63. Jun 2, 2011
    Awesome classic masterpiece, this is the best game from zelda that i have played. I barely give ten out of ten to games, few ones have the chance any way. This game music, set pieces,gameplay,characters everything is made magnificently. I just cant describe nothing more on this, everything is almost perfect.
  64. May 25, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. The music, the story, the gameplay...all of it is spectacular. There is really not much else for me to say. If you give this game below 7, you are out of your mind.
  65. YanniT.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Find me a better adventure game than Zelda and ill show you a guy with cream of wheat for brains!
  66. JacksonM.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Absolutely awesome, awesome game, but there's one huge problem with it. Just one, but it's that severe. The Water Temple. By god, that's one of the worst designed levels in the history of gaming and a seizure-maker, undoubtably.
  67. AnthonyE
    Oct 25, 2009
    A visual and audio stunner, this game is incredible. Those who find there is no depth to the story are looking in all the wrong places. You really care about the characters, and Navi the fairy becomes almost like a real life friend. Backed up by a stunning music score which is good enough to listen to even when not playing the game, this would be my favourite game of all time if it A visual and audio stunner, this game is incredible. Those who find there is no depth to the story are looking in all the wrong places. You really care about the characters, and Navi the fairy becomes almost like a real life friend. Backed up by a stunning music score which is good enough to listen to even when not playing the game, this would be my favourite game of all time if it weren't for its successor, Majora's Mask. Expand
  68. Justinc
    Jan 19, 2010
    Just brilliant, JUST OMG AWESOME STORY! I kept playing this for like 23th times and still haven't get enough for this. It brought back memories of classic zelda :3
  69. BrandonJ
    Jan 21, 2010
    Best and longest story line of its time still holds the record for the highest metacritic rating, and who can post bad about it?
  70. Dec 2, 2010
    "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is probably the best Zelda, if not (one of) the best game(s) of all time. This game has everything an Action Adventure fan can ask for: Excellent gameplay, great music and even though the graphics are not up-to-date, the style fits the game. The level-design is great and the story is good too. The puzzles are never too difficult nor too easy and the"The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is probably the best Zelda, if not (one of) the best game(s) of all time. This game has everything an Action Adventure fan can ask for: Excellent gameplay, great music and even though the graphics are not up-to-date, the style fits the game. The level-design is great and the story is good too. The puzzles are never too difficult nor too easy and the whole world contains many secrets. The only negative point is the framerate, but after all, this game is over 10 years old. And the framerate is a barely an issue at all. "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is a game where you never get bored, no matter how many times you play it and if there's one game that can be called "perfect", it's this one. If your still haven't played this masterpiece, you can either download it for the Virtual Console or wait for the 3DS version with a better graphics. Expand
  71. Dec 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm usually against overrated games, but this game is deservedly so. The game starts out like a cheesy kids' game, and seems innocent enough. Then, a third of the way through, link gets imprisoned in a deep sleep for 7 years. The awakening is one of the most powerful things I've experienced in a game. You leave the building you slept in, and you immediately notice a darker tone to the area than when you entered. A red ring hovers over a previously dormant volcano ominously, signifying its turning active. The castle town, once thriving and bustling, now has its buildings charred and undead (the enemy's name is called redead) walk the streets. The castle itself, once peaceful, is replaced by a dark and sinister tower hovering over a pool of lava.
    There are many more reasons why everyone should play this game obviously, but that is my favorite moment in the game, and even the series. The other games are great too, but they don't quite live up to this.
  72. Dec 15, 2010
    OK.Ocarina of Time is a amazing game, but is not the best game ever.It was the best game until the release of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.Ocarina of Time got really good graphics(better than Super Mario 64's graphics), great music and incredible gameplay.People who give an 0, 1, 2,3 or 4 maybe didn't played it enough to find out the coolness of the game.The 3D gameplay is reallyOK.Ocarina of Time is a amazing game, but is not the best game ever.It was the best game until the release of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.Ocarina of Time got really good graphics(better than Super Mario 64's graphics), great music and incredible gameplay.People who give an 0, 1, 2,3 or 4 maybe didn't played it enough to find out the coolness of the game.The 3D gameplay is really impressive, just like the Mario franchise was turned from 2D to 3D it became amazing, the same to Ocarina of Time.Maybe if I could made this review in 2007 before Mario Galaxy I could say is the best game ever, but I can't........Still this game got a perfect 10! Expand
  73. Dec 17, 2010
    Not only was Ocarina of Time a great game, but it was much more. It was the cornerstone of the game industry's transition to 3D, and proof of concept that a franchise could make that quantum leap. Others had tried and failed, and the results ranged from mediocre to horrid (the older 3D Castlevania titles certainly come to mind, or Superman 64... and those are just the first two that INot only was Ocarina of Time a great game, but it was much more. It was the cornerstone of the game industry's transition to 3D, and proof of concept that a franchise could make that quantum leap. Others had tried and failed, and the results ranged from mediocre to horrid (the older 3D Castlevania titles certainly come to mind, or Superman 64... and those are just the first two that I thought of.) The gameplay was flawless and the graphics were a marvel for their time and the constraints of the Nintendo 64. It's not just the game itself, it's what it did for the industry and for console gaming in general. Add in a plot that remains the best of any Zelda game and you have an instant classic that remains a legend today. This isn't just nostalgia speaking - I just finished what was about my 20th replay. It's still just as good now as it was twelve years ago. If that's not the mark of a truly amazing game, I don't know what is. It's a shame I can't give this game an 11, because it is the one game that truly deserves one. Expand
  74. Jan 19, 2011
    ...And yet there's negative reviews. (I laugh hysterically for three quarters of an hour) A ten from me requires a lot of work, but why should I give it a nine or below? OK, Link moves a bit too slow, it's never really clear what to do and the first dungeon is boring but as much as I wanted to give it a lower score for that, I just couldn't. It's such a fun game and it really gets you...And yet there's negative reviews. (I laugh hysterically for three quarters of an hour) A ten from me requires a lot of work, but why should I give it a nine or below? OK, Link moves a bit too slow, it's never really clear what to do and the first dungeon is boring but as much as I wanted to give it a lower score for that, I just couldn't. It's such a fun game and it really gets you thinking. If you don't smile as you're playing this, you're dead insane. Expand
  75. Jan 8, 2011
    Greatest game in history. The entire Legend of Zelda series has an incredible storyline and every character had it's own unique personality that made them instantly recognisable and very easily loved or hated, including the silent hero Link, the annoying yet lovable Navi, the temperamental and enigmatic Happy Mask Salesman; the list could go on. At the time of the game's release, nothingGreatest game in history. The entire Legend of Zelda series has an incredible storyline and every character had it's own unique personality that made them instantly recognisable and very easily loved or hated, including the silent hero Link, the annoying yet lovable Navi, the temperamental and enigmatic Happy Mask Salesman; the list could go on. At the time of the game's release, nothing could compare to the experience this game gave you - it encapsulated you. Despite having only a linear single player, many people return again and again to play through the game, and that is a testament to it's greatness. Expand
  76. Jun 16, 2011
    There's nothing left to say. This is widely considered THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. Look it up :) I just hope the 3D remake can reach the same (if not better) Metacritic score!!!!!
  77. Zelda
    Aug 7, 2004
    Greatest Game ever!!!
  78. Nov 28, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. An absolute must play for everyone ever. If you call yourself a gamer and have never played this or Majora's Mask, you are a fail.
  79. Puffy
    Oct 5, 2005
    This is one of the best games for the n64...... i luv this game ....its got plenty of action ....... ive read reviews of the ones who gave it bad scores..... most likey they havent played it at all......if u dont have or get this game u dont no what ur missin ... the graphics are great they are not bad..... the sound is cool...... it has plenty of cool ideas .......hardest level. to me isThis is one of the best games for the n64...... i luv this game ....its got plenty of action ....... ive read reviews of the ones who gave it bad scores..... most likey they havent played it at all......if u dont have or get this game u dont no what ur missin ... the graphics are great they are not bad..... the sound is cool...... it has plenty of cool ideas .......hardest level. to me is water temple .... favorite temple is the forest temple that temple is just whoa...... that temple says it all....... very challagein.... makes u think.......... n cool music......if i were anyone who wanted a great game this be the game i recomend .......so go buy it dont wait u dont no what ur missing. Expand
  80. Mar 22, 2011
    i would deffinitly call this the best in the zelda franchise and ive played just about all of them . its very long around 40-60 hours depending on what you all do and how fast you solve the puzzles which are very well done . every thing about this game was done remarkably well minus the story which is very simple and has little draw and is basically the same plot in every zelda game ...i would deffinitly call this the best in the zelda franchise and ive played just about all of them . its very long around 40-60 hours depending on what you all do and how fast you solve the puzzles which are very well done . every thing about this game was done remarkably well minus the story which is very simple and has little draw and is basically the same plot in every zelda game ... find and save zelda from gannon or some form of his. that aside zelda was never built on its story but its clever puzzles and intresting gameplay . if you are just getting into zelda you should deffinitly go back and check out this one . it deserves the high marks it gets .also it has one of the best final boss fights in the franchise . Expand
  81. Jun 18, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. What to say about it? Perfection? Well... no game is perfect but Ocarina of Time came pretty damn close. Few games in history have ever come close to what Ocarina of Time has achieved in greatness and popularity. If you have never played it. Play it! Even if it isn't your cup of tea, I promise you can still respect what it did for the gamingThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. What to say about it? Perfection? Well... no game is perfect but Ocarina of Time came pretty damn close. Few games in history have ever come close to what Ocarina of Time has achieved in greatness and popularity. If you have never played it. Play it! Even if it isn't your cup of tea, I promise you can still respect what it did for the gaming world and how it is influencing it to this day. Expand
  82. markh.
    Feb 12, 2008
    I base this rating not on nostalgia but on the simple fact that, when i played ocarina at the time it came out it was a perfect game. No game before or since has come close to the experience that this game was. Now like with all games of that period the graphics are dated, making the game look crude to people who have not played it before. However, it still stands up for many who had the I base this rating not on nostalgia but on the simple fact that, when i played ocarina at the time it came out it was a perfect game. No game before or since has come close to the experience that this game was. Now like with all games of that period the graphics are dated, making the game look crude to people who have not played it before. However, it still stands up for many who had the good fortune to explore hyrule in 98-99 as the best gaming experience ever, and will be forever remembered by them. Expand
  83. AndreaP.
    Aug 1, 2008
    One of the best games I have EVER played. It's flawless. The myriad of characters pull you into the game and Hyrule is large and vast. There's plenty of sidequests to get you distracted if you can't handle a boss and a variety of mini-games you can play for extra stuff. I have played PS2 games and I'm a fan of Final Fantasy. I have played the 360 with Halo and One of the best games I have EVER played. It's flawless. The myriad of characters pull you into the game and Hyrule is large and vast. There's plenty of sidequests to get you distracted if you can't handle a boss and a variety of mini-games you can play for extra stuff. I have played PS2 games and I'm a fan of Final Fantasy. I have played the 360 with Halo and Oblivion. At least a decade later I'm always finding myself going back to the old N64 and putting that golden cartridge in. It's stunning even today. Expand
  84. KimiA.
    Feb 8, 2003
    Undeniably flawless, and quite possibly the best game I'v ever played. I think the reviewers had it in a nutshell when they said people would still be talking about it 5 or 10 years afterward (And playing it too. I went through it again for the hell of it only a month ago). Simply put, if you'v never played this game, then you are doing yourself a great disfavour. While Majoras Undeniably flawless, and quite possibly the best game I'v ever played. I think the reviewers had it in a nutshell when they said people would still be talking about it 5 or 10 years afterward (And playing it too. I went through it again for the hell of it only a month ago). Simply put, if you'v never played this game, then you are doing yourself a great disfavour. While Majoras Mask can be hard to get into, OoT pulls you in from the start. It's the depth and immersiveness which makes this game so great, that tantalising quality which makes you just want to explore everything to the full, and get such wonderful enjoyment while doing it. And even once you've done that you still want to go and play it again... and again. Superb stuff. Expand
  85. ShravanM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Perfection.
  86. AndrewG.
    Jul 9, 2006
    this game is the single greatest game in the history of gaming. nothing has topped it, and the only thing that might is twilight princess. the grpahics were stunning for its time, and are still better than some current-gen games. the story-telling is fantastic and the characters are memorable. people who give this game less than a 10 probably havent played the game and just assume that this game is the single greatest game in the history of gaming. nothing has topped it, and the only thing that might is twilight princess. the grpahics were stunning for its time, and are still better than some current-gen games. the story-telling is fantastic and the characters are memorable. people who give this game less than a 10 probably havent played the game and just assume that just because Link is an elf that the game is automatically bad. before you judge, how about playing the game first? i feel sorry for those people, because theyre missing out on the best game of all time. Expand
  87. FredC.
    Aug 6, 2006
    This game brought me to tears. Yes, I litterly cried as I was riding on Epona over Hyrule field. This is the greatest game of all time. That can not be argued. It just can't.
  88. BoBBoBBy
    Aug 7, 2006
    This is like a mesh of all the favorites Puzzles Fantasy RPG Fighting and prolly many more i flippin love this game!
  89. Yoshiir0x
    Oct 23, 2005
    The best game ever. Nuff said.
  90. Dec 28, 2010
    This is the best fking game in existence. It is right up there with the original Super Mario Bros. Classics like this and compelling and such enriched stories like this don't come often. Regardless of age, this game will wisk you into the zelda world and have you fulfilling Link's task as if it were you own. it's a chef d'oeuvre and an exemplary title of what any game should aspire to be.This is the best fking game in existence. It is right up there with the original Super Mario Bros. Classics like this and compelling and such enriched stories like this don't come often. Regardless of age, this game will wisk you into the zelda world and have you fulfilling Link's task as if it were you own. it's a chef d'oeuvre and an exemplary title of what any game should aspire to be. This is the highest rated game in Metacritic and deserves it. There are moments when you will cry out of sadness or joy, this is truly a magnificent masterpiece and Nintendo's most cherished game. Expand
  91. Nov 20, 2011
    I play games in the hope that one day, a game will come along and make me feel how I felt at the end of Ocarina of Time. Have you ever come to the end of something and just known, right there, that you will never again experience anything within that same medium so magical ever again? That is how I felt.

Whether or not this is the best game ever is beyond my power to debate, but all I know is that in 1998, before I had internet conection, before I read gaming magazines, I played this game. From the second I turned it on, Hyrule remained forevermore a fixed point in my life, far more so than it ever had in LttP.

There is nostalgia, and then there is whatever this game did to me. In some ways I almost resent it.
  92. Nov 16, 2010
    Probably the best game in the series (and probably best game ever ). Why? Fun, Easy to learn controls, Good story, Not to long - not to short, Amazing replay value. this game is simply a masterpiece! can't wait for the 3DS remake.
  93. Apr 10, 2011
    What is there to say when everything is so perfect? The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a gem. Its superb action-adventure elements, game and level design, plot, visuals, soundtrack, everything from this game was masterfully crafted. One of the few games that has stood the test of time. Simply marvelous!
  94. PaulP.
    Jul 19, 2007
    Best Game of all time and will never be out matched by any game ever.
  95. MaddieS.
    Sep 27, 2005
    I think this game is one of the best on Gamecube! My brother got it and I thought it was so cool I had to buy a memory card and make my own files.
  96. OmarB.
    Apr 3, 2007
    This game is the best game to be created on this Earth. I became a Nintendo fan because of this game. People still love oot 9 years after it's release. I hope they make a 10th year edition or something. Oot is better than tp because you can't beat the classics...and this is one of them.
  97. AlexW.
    Jul 24, 2005
    Best game ever made!!!!!
  98. Carly
    May 19, 2007
    Hands down the best video game not just out of the whole series, but that I've ever played.
  99. Oct 17, 2012
    It's Super Mario 64 mixed with Lord of the Rings epicness. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a damn fine game to play any time at all. Who doesn't love Link time-travelling between the present and the future using the Temple of Time as the portal?

When I first played this I was overwhelmed by how epic it was. They just don't make video games like this anymore, except for the recent Zelda games.
  100. Feb 7, 2014
    Apart from getting lost all the time, I enjoyed the action, story and adventure in this game. It's aged well and is just the right length of time to not start dragging. I can still see why it became a classic even if it's not one of mine.

This is, without a doubt, one of the all-time greatest games made. 50 years from now people will still be playing and enjoying this game... thoroughly.
  2. This Zelda adventure will undoubtedly withstand the test of time and take its place as one of the best games to ever grace a home system.
  3. My favorite game of all Time. It is the perfect example of a perfect and polished game. Every aspect of the game is virtually flawless.