9.2

1. Nov 11, 2017
    Although this game doesn't hold up super well in comparison to the later games in the series, this doesn't hinder what might be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history. What starts out with a bright happy forest full of smiling children quickly turns dark, and keeps this tend of switching between light and dark themes throughout the entire story. see, this game is from theAlthough this game doesn't hold up super well in comparison to the later games in the series, this doesn't hinder what might be one of the greatest experiences in gaming history. What starts out with a bright happy forest full of smiling children quickly turns dark, and keeps this tend of switching between light and dark themes throughout the entire story. see, this game is from the generation of games i like to call the pre-perfection age, the era of games setting up and leading to what i believe are some of the best games ever, like Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Final Fantasy X. (this an opinion just to clarify.) This is one of those games that defined its genre on release, and inspired the games that perfected the formula. The story is long and interesting, using areas and plot points we have seen before but taking them to a whole other level. Each area is important to the plot and is packed with secrets and interesting puzzles. While the main central area, Hyrule Field, does feel empty by today's standards, you have to realize none of this had ever been done before, and to create such a massive and interesting world on the first try amazes me to this day. I always enjoy finding enemies to slash my sword into, and even today, it feels fairly smooth and responsive. each dungeon is special in its own way, with its own key puzzle mechanic being fleshed out in a plethora of ways. whether your traversing a giant tree, searching for hidden pathways using a magical all seeing lens, or exploring the ancient temple full of ghosts, phantoms, and some spooky-ass music, there is rarely a low point, or a bad mechanic in this game. rarely.
    While this game has some of the most memorable characters, places and moments in video game history, It easily has one the worst, most frustrating and awful moments in gaming history. THE WATER TEMPLE. I HATE THE WATER TEMPLE. What started out as a great mechanic, using music to raise and lower the water levels to access certain areas became the worst dungeon in Zelda history, and is why water themed dungeons get a bad rap. Its annoying to traverse, the underwater controls are frustrating and badly designed, and to top it all off, ITS CONFUSING AS HELL. I cant even do it today without a walk through and Ive done it more than once, at least 3 times. Did i also mention the bosses? they range from great! i love the mechanic and how it blends into the boss so seamlessly, and total garbage. (again, my opinion) Bongo Bongo, being the worst, is maddening to deal with, i never seam to get the battle right, i always die several times, getting shoved back really far into the dungeon, just to get back and get destroyed because of how awkward he it is to fight. the Golden skulltulla quest is also ridiculously hard to complete, because of how hidden they are with little to no clues as to whether or not they are there.
    This game is also nearing 20 years old, and was venturing into land unknown, and to create a game of this caliber has only been done a few times before. and the genre learned from its mistakes, taking into account all it did right and wrong, to create more stellar experiences. This game is a must play for everyone, and if you haven't played it yet, i highly suggest you do. you wont understand the amazing reviews and the greatness of the series if you don't experience this game at least once, so get off your couch, hop onto the Wii U, and download this. trust me, you'll thank me later.
  2. Nov 10, 2017
    Playing this game is extremely fun. You get a sense of excitement every time you enter a dungeon, and the special items in every dungeon are extremely rewarding. You get a sense of achievement every time you do any puzzle. The story line is also pretty good. Not to mention the side quests, perfect for completionists.
  3. Nov 8, 2017
    I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. It does take a while to get used to the controls at this day and age, and the game starts of a bit slow, resulting in me almost putting the game down but when the game gets going, it's impossible to put down, the story is better than most Zelda games and there is so much character in the world. The music is also just magnificent, soI was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. It does take a while to get used to the controls at this day and age, and the game starts of a bit slow, resulting in me almost putting the game down but when the game gets going, it's impossible to put down, the story is better than most Zelda games and there is so much character in the world. The music is also just magnificent, so there is no way I can't give this a 10/10 Expand
  4. Oct 31, 2017
    A Masterpiece that has stood the test of time and even to this day remains one of the best games on the market. From the very opening moments of the game I got the feeling that Ocarina of Time was going to be something special. There are very few games that grab hold of your imagination from the very start and keep you immersed the whole way through. It is a stunning achievement on almostA Masterpiece that has stood the test of time and even to this day remains one of the best games on the market. From the very opening moments of the game I got the feeling that Ocarina of Time was going to be something special. There are very few games that grab hold of your imagination from the very start and keep you immersed the whole way through. It is a stunning achievement on almost every level and when you compare it with other games of its generation it is in a class of its own. In recent years I often hear people say that Ocarina of Time is overrated I can only assume that those people never played it at the time of its release. Is it still the best Zelda game in every way? No, of course it isn't it's nearly 20 years old. The fact that it is still the best in some ways though is a testament to just how amazing it was. It set the bar in so many levels. When it came out there was nothing like it. It is nearly a perfectly balanced game, that set the bar for all games that followed. I replayed all of the 3D Zelda games recently and it still easily ranks near the top.

The Gameplay is good on almost every level. it is a nearly perfect blend of puzzle solving, exploration, combat and platforming. It also has a menu system that was genius for its time and made every item in your inventory easy to access. Certainly there are better menu systems in some of the new Zelda games but Ocarina of Time provided the general model that all those games built on. Combat is not the best but as you get more items it gets progressively deeper and actually requires more skill than the vast majority of similar games. While many of the boss battles are simple, each one requires a unique strategy that you need to learn through trial and error. Unlike many other games in the series there is very little repetition. There is a huge variety of puzzles and problem solving both in and out of dungeons. Another great thing about the puzzles is that as you progress further you need to use more of your items and skills together to solve. The game naturally trains you through the experience of your adventure, making progression very rewarding. The level of freedom in this game was simply amazing for its time and it took many years for it to be surpassed.

While Zelda games have never been known for great story lines, Ocarina of Time is easily one of the best. Unlike past Zelda games, the character of Link actually grows up and that transition is handled brilliantly. When Link is a child he deals with problems in a naive way. When you play as a child you feel like a child in a world full of mysteries that you don't understand. When Link eventually grows up it becomes immediately apparent that things were not as simple as they originally seemed and you are forced to face the hard realities of the adult world. The story is still relatively simple but it is a simple story told extremely well with many great twists and turns. The game does an excellent job of betraying your expectations. It also builds on the lore of the Zelda universe in a meaningful way. Like most Zelda games the story takes a backseat to the gameplay but it still provides plenty of memorable plot points. It was well paced and kept me engaged from beginning to end.

The world in Ocarina of Time is very small by modern standard but it felt massive for its time and due to its great design it still feels relatively large because of the sheer variety of locations. Each area has a very distinct feel and due to the pass of time each area changes dramatically. As you get more items you will also find yourself revisiting old areas and gaining access to them. Ocarina of Time has probably the best variety of dungeons in any Zelda game. Every single one feels unique and offers different highlights. There are 9 main dungeons 3 mini dungeons. Not only that but gaining access to each of the dungeons also requires some puzzle solving which makes it all the more rewarding. The sheer amount of areas and diversity of those areas insures that the game never gets repetitive. Not only are the environments well varied but as the game progresses you gain new ways to travel more efficiently which makes back tracking far easier. The game enables you to fast travel as soon as traversal starts to become a chore.

The Visuals might not seem like anything special now but at the time they were amazing. Seriously look back at other games of that gen and try to find games that have aged better graphically.

The Sound Design remains some of the best in any game. Not only is the music excellent it is used as a game mechanic in the most meaningful way I have seen in a game. It is without a doubt a masterpiece.

Ocarina of TIme is objectively a great game, people don't have to like it but to deny its excellence is plain ignorance. It was a leap forward in many areas and changed the way games are viewed. It is well deserving its accolades.
  5. Oct 31, 2017
    Não existe e nem vai existir um jogo mais perfeito que esse Zelda.
    Quem teve a oportunidade de jogá-lo no tempo de seu lançamento, sabe a coisa maravilhosa que é
  6. Oct 29, 2017
    Que decir de esta maravilla que no se haya dicho ya, está en lo más alto del olimpo de los videojuegos 20 años después
    Yo no creo que ningún juego pueda superar lo que transmitió Ocarina of time en su día, esos gráficos esa banda sonora ese Hyrule ese sistema de combate con el Z-targeting... que el único punto malo que se le achaca siempre sea la no traducción a los principales idiomas dice mucho de este juego, por eso no cosechó la nota perfecta en varios análisis
  7. Oct 28, 2017
    There is a reason this game is currently the #1 highest rated game of all time. It is simply amazing, and easily one of my all time favorite games. Definitely worth a playthough if you've never played it.
  8. Oct 27, 2017
    Best game ever made. Nothing else needs to be said. Look at all the top-video game of all time lists and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is always at the top spot.
  9. Oct 27, 2017
    Its easy to critiscize this game in this day and age, when others have had the good fortune to benefit from its trailblazing. Ocarina of Time was and is an experience you will not soon forget. It showed the player how these worlds could transcend just being a "game". This was the great epic fantasy of my childhood. Can't recommend it enough to those who for some reason have not played through it.
  10. Oct 23, 2017
    It's fantastic, with a wonderful story and I love it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  11. Oct 9, 2017
    Amazing game, hours of fun, my first ever video game and I still think it is the best game of all time. I just started up my old N64 this year and started playing the game again. So many memories. It really is an amazing game
  12. Sep 14, 2017
    Uma perfeição. Tudo nele era fantástico e revolucionário para a época.
    As dungeons eram muito desafiadoras, e o numero de missões secundárias era muito alto. O mundo aberto é lindo, e dá vontade de explorar cada canto de Hyrule
  13. Sep 14, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is perhaps my favorite game of all time. The story, characters, scenery, music, just everything is amazing. The first time I left the Kokiri forest and stepped out onto Hyrule field, and the amazing music started playing, I knew this game would be one of my favorites. This game is the closest to perfection as any game has ever come.
  14. Sep 12, 2017
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a great game don't get me wrong. But, it has a huge flaw. The camera angles and controls haven't aged well besides that Ocarina of Time is a fun adventure game for the Nintendo 64,
  15. Sep 10, 2017
    Hailed as a flawless masterpiece. While definitely deserving of praise during its release, the Ocarina of Time wasn't as perfect as its community believes it to be. It is still something worth playing today, preferably with the 3DS version.

Points against: Numerous fetch missions - The game itself would be a masterpiece if relegated to dungeons and exploration. However in order to do

Points against:
    Numerous fetch missions - The game itself would be a masterpiece if relegated to dungeons and exploration. However in order to do anything in the game, an NPC will demand you fetch some type of item or the quest line will forcibly require you to go and hunt down a tool necessary to reach a dungeon.
    Lack of direction - A lot of finding the right way to go in Zelda games is primarily luck based, Ocarina is no exception. Once the Owl stops feeding you directions, the expansive world area becomes a tedious adventure in finding things that you haven't done yet, and then finding the NPC that requires finding the item that you need to successfully advance. The later-game area is by far one of the most frustrating and confusing areas to traverse with little help in game other than to just attempt everything.
    Illusion of Difficulty - Most of the game isn't difficult, but really a period of waiting and countering. Dungeons are complex and rewarding, but often the slog of forced battles can become tedious and often just result in a player getting exhausted. In longer dungeons this becomes especially prevalent. Even the bosses are mostly just guard-and-wait type enemies.

Upsides:
    Dungeons and Exploration - The world of Hyrule is vast and immediately accessible, and encourages a lot of trial and error. Once the exploration becomes a mandatory event, it does lose a lot of luster.
    Content - The game is lush with content and items to collect and things to see and explore. With fishing, horse racing, poe-catching, even though there are some frustrating moments to those events, are a healthy distraction to the late game's issues regarding its lack of direction.
    Narrative - The series strongly continues to be flush with vibrant light scenes and dark tones, characters are engaging and perform their roles in the story without becoming overbearing or losing interest.
    Iron Knuckle - Best inclusion of an enemy. While most monsters are pursuit or guard-and-wait, the Iron Knuckle is a pure reactionary enemy that genuinely challenges the player with each encounter. If more enemies or bosses performed like the Iron Knuckle, then the game would definitely be stronger overall.
  16. Aug 24, 2017
    It's the greatest action RPG of all time. Iconic and memorable music, characters, landscapes and story make this epic tale of good and evil truly unforgettable.
  17. Aug 23, 2017
    There will never be a game that could revolutionize gaming the same way Ocarina of Time did almost 20 years ago. The combination of gameplay, visuals, music, and story is perfect. Many people believe this to be the best game ever made, and it's easy to see why.
  18. Aug 19, 2017
    Nintendo ha creado una obra maestra con esta joya del gaming, jugabilidad excelente y un género innovador para la epoca con graficos 3d. Simplemente perfecto. Un must-play para TODOS los gamers
  19. Aug 12, 2017
    This game is amazing! Awesome story, lovable characters that will grow on you as you progress, AMAZING side quests, and the ocarina is an awesome instrument! Overall the game is a 10/10 for me!
  20. Aug 11, 2017
    This game is amazing i love the dungeons, the controls are smooth do yourself a favor and download this game it is worth your time then stupid modern games like call of duty or GTA V Ocarina Of Time is better than them in every way.
  21. Aug 4, 2017
    This is 100% the best game ever created! I used to play this as a kid all the time and i hope that Nintendo will make a remastered version for Nintendo Switch. 10/10 for sure
  22. Aug 4, 2017
    Now, if you see my score you might be wondering why I didnt give it a ten. Well... this game is awesome don't get me wrong,but,it isn't flawless. For example,the game while having a large amount of content is extremely linear. Another thing is that,since the game is so linear once you've played trough it, you will most likely not play it again any time soon since aside from some trickyNow, if you see my score you might be wondering why I didnt give it a ten. Well... this game is awesome don't get me wrong,but,it isn't flawless. For example,the game while having a large amount of content is extremely linear. Another thing is that,since the game is so linear once you've played trough it, you will most likely not play it again any time soon since aside from some tricky side quests you will most likely have done pretty much everything. But even though it has some problems the game is a blast to play trough (save some boring sections) and since a normal playtrough can take months, by the time you finish you will most likely want to replay it! So do you get it? Yes, definitely. But keep in mind that even though the game is great its still a N64 game so dont expect 4k or HD.
    (Sorry if I misspelled some words, english isn't my first language.)
  23. Aug 1, 2017
    Ok... not all games are perfect, I'll say that...but if you are so picky too even look into every single stupid detail, of course you'll give it a 0/10. Obviously you shouldn't listen to the haters who give this game 0... but you shouldn't listen to the fans either. I'll give this game the fairest review that i can.
    Pros:
    -Breathtaking graphics, even though they couldn't match up to
    Pros:
    -Breathtaking graphics, even though they couldn't match up to Horizon, the scenery is way more animated style instead of real life style, witch kinda gives off a better vibe. And for all those who say"ok" graphics, it's probably because you play PS4 and can't appreciate nintendo graphics
    -great music. Lots of games"Like minecraft Pocket edition" who are based in open world experience forget the music, witch gives a sense of loneliness in the open world. This game has a soundtrack for every single place or time. And they're all great.
    -Stuff to do. A lot of people"like me"made the horrible decision to look up every single shrine, side quest, korok seed and locations and spoiled the entire game. I saw one of the reviews saying that"Oh it feels like you're just aimlessly walking around hyrule untile you get board"Thats because you don't bother looking for things to do! If you can't find anything, you're blind, cuz there are tons of hidden secrets, side quests, murderers that awiat you! If you don't bother even checking for stuff to do and just aimlessly walk on rocks all day, that's your fault! I found myself taking on enemy camps in the middle of an ocean!
    I could name a ton of other things that make this game great, but that will take ages....
    Cons:
    -Small frame rate issues: This may happen 1 to 3 times per cession when the game is overloaded with action, but nothing major
    -Ending: This is what i despise the most of this game, the ending! You'd think that this ending a 10/10 ign game would have a great ending....wrong, just wrong.
    The most bland, unthought part of the entire game. First, the boss!?! What in the hell were the creators thinking! I won't spoil, but the final boss is even easier then the sub bosses.
    Then we have the shortest unfinished cutscene! To make matters worse, the game resets to where you face ganon, like nothing changed. The main quest to destroy ganon is still incomplete, the only difference...a tiny star to remind you that you beat him....wtf. Other then that, nothing changed. The castle is still red evil, at least we could have had a regular castle not in golfed with guardians, but nope! You gotta deal with this stupid castle still filled with enemies and an incomplete story.
    -Save files: 1 save file for the entire game... Wanna start a new adventure, gonna have to erase your old story...sorry
    -Weapon variety: Ok so there are a lot of weapons in this game, but when you think about it, they're all the same, only devised in 3 categories: swords, spears, and heavies. These three categories of weapons all have a different move sets, but the initial weapons are exactly the same, sometimes with a few changes. Example: The master sword is the exact same as the royal sword, just with different looks, power and ability, they don't have somewhat like a different move pool. Makes things boring

That's about it for what i really have to hate about the game, otherwise it's great!
    Should you buy a switch for this game: if you are someone that likes action like cod, then don't. If you complain about 4K graphics or are way too picky with every single detail, don't buy it. If you hate nintendo and wish you had all of their money, don't buy it. If you're too lazy to search a huge 10000mile wide world, don't buy it
    In any other case, buy it! A fantastic game that should be enjoyed by everywone. Don't listen to the haters that give this game 0/10 or 5/10 and say that this game is horrible because of this or that. Just be aware of what you should look out for.
  24. Jul 17, 2017
    El mejor juego de todos los tiempos sólo superado por The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild.
    Una obra maestra que perdurará por los siglos de los siglos.
  25. Jun 1, 2017
    Best game ever but if played by today generation this game seems to hard to play
    ...............................................................................................................................................................
  26. May 31, 2017
    The best game ive ever played and ive played many games. Masterpiece. From start to finish i loved ever aspec of it sure by today's standards so people may not love it but for what it started and how it still impacts game almost 20 years later is a testament to its legacy.
  27. May 28, 2017
    For its time it is definitely a fantastic game and while I do not agree that it is the best Zelda, let alone the best game of all time, I think it very well deserves to be loved much. I think for a person that is not used to video games too much and does not want hyper-complex stories or super action games Zelda, and so especially Ocarina of Time is a great game with its solid gameplay,For its time it is definitely a fantastic game and while I do not agree that it is the best Zelda, let alone the best game of all time, I think it very well deserves to be loved much. I think for a person that is not used to video games too much and does not want hyper-complex stories or super action games Zelda, and so especially Ocarina of Time is a great game with its solid gameplay, nice world, beautiful soundtrack and characters. I personally think the learning curve of the game is because of the clunkiness of the game and a few monsters not unfair but still not perfect. The dungeons at times are really not my thing. Many Zeldas have their "stone wall rooms" in their dungeons but this one here has really a lot of them with just a few details. You just feel that the dungeons basically are a few blocks of rock (except for the first three). I had a lot of fun with the Water and Spirit Temple nonetheless - yes the Water Temple, can you believe it and some of the most memorable moments in the franchises history are a part of this game in my opinion.

Everyone who has not played this game shoud definitely do so.
  28. May 5, 2017
    Still arguably the best game ever. The only problem is the framerate, but that is forgivable. It's still got a great soundtrack, fun gameplay, and perhaps the best dungeons in a Zelda game
  29. Apr 29, 2017
    While I think it's got some flaws (like the controls may take time to get used to them for example) Ocarina Of Time deserves the praise that it gets. As a recent player of OOT, I'm impressed by its design and gameplay. The challenge that the game offers is fair and the puzzles are clever. The story feels like an epic fairytale. And the combat system was very ahead of its time. Basically, IWhile I think it's got some flaws (like the controls may take time to get used to them for example) Ocarina Of Time deserves the praise that it gets. As a recent player of OOT, I'm impressed by its design and gameplay. The challenge that the game offers is fair and the puzzles are clever. The story feels like an epic fairytale. And the combat system was very ahead of its time. Basically, I think that the combat system of this game has been an inspiration and built the standards for the Third Person Action-Adventure genre. With all that said, yeah, I give it a 10 as well. Expand
  30. Apr 27, 2017
    Mi juego favoriito de toda la historia, involucra de manera increible al jugador con la historia de link, no tiene huecos, las peleas son increibles, no hay fallos en la historia, y la jugabilidad es bastante rica, varia a lo largo de todo el juego y aun asi, la libertad es increible
  31. Apr 27, 2017
    Si no le ponen 10 son jotillos a a a a a aa,aa a a a a a aa a a a a aa a a a a a a a aa aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a aa a a mendigo perros
  32. Apr 7, 2017
    An engaging world with a story so classic it has firmly cemented itself as a masterpiece within the gaming world. This game has stood the test of time and continues to be one of the greatest games in the Zelda franchise despite the many games released since.

You will get no better an experience when it comes to 3D Zelda games than playing this beautiful classic. Pick it up today if you haven't already and give it a try, from the music to the characters to the puzzles to the world itself this game provides in all areas a perfect atmosphere for adventure.

This game can get no less than a 9/10, but personal bias means I HAVE to give it a 10.
    Truly a masterpiece in it's genre.
  33. Apr 6, 2017
    I was a bit skeptical at first because i had never played a 3d Zelda game but pleasantly surprised. It's a great game and it's worth playing for anyone.
  34. Apr 4, 2017
    This game is an absolute perfection. A masterpiece ahead of its time. And even today still kicks ass on several aspects, such as controls, cameras and dept.
  35. Apr 3, 2017
    Just came here to pay my tribute to the best game ever made. This game is so ahead of its time, the title alone is genius. The music is easily the best soundtrack you can find in a video game.
  36. Apr 1, 2017
    El mejor juego del mundo no hay rival para lo que fue este en su tiempo, un sistema de combate increible, graficos sublimes para la epoca, un soundtrack memorable y con grandes temas de la saga, no hay nada que se le compare a este clasico atemporal perdudara por siempre como uno de los grandes de la industria!!
  37. Apr 1, 2017
    Best goddamn game ever created. Perfect mix of music, feeling, story, game play and challenge.
    If you like playing games then you'll love this. definitely my most favorite game of all time.
  38. Mar 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely greatest game on the N64, and the best game ever created. Ocarina of Time gave us revolutionary 3D gameplay and an epic story not to mention one of the nicest looking games on the N64. The game design is truly second to none. You'll be exploring dungeons set in a desert, underwater, in a haunted mansion, in a graveyard and other interesting locales. Although the water dungeon can be infuriating if you miss a small key, the concept of having access to different rooms with different water elevations is genius. Although the music is in MIDI format, it was a staple in 1998, and the scores are amazing anyway! So many memorable tunes and epic pieces in this game!

If I'd mention the story once more, it's that it is an amazing coming of age story. Link as a child is not taken seriously by anyone and is even one shotted by Ganondorf before the time leap. (Also, this is the best incarnation of Ganondorf in a Zelda game in my opinion, as he antagonizes you throughout the game, and it becomes the players desire to finally put him in his place.... not to mention he screws all of Hyrule over after 7 years have passed!! The first time I saw that he followed you into the sacred realm was actually awe inducing. There I was expecting myself to continue on my journey with this sick sword and BAM there comes Ganondorfs theme and im like wtf!). Link then ages 7 years and has to find 6 sages before the showdown with Ganondorf with a totally warped Hyrule. They nailed the story in this game, And for people in 1998, it probably blew their minds. (especially with that Sheik reveal near the end). Honestly, I could go on and on about this game (also the final boss is my favorite final boss in gaming) but I'll stop here.

One of the most deserving games of a 10/10 ever.
  39. Mar 27, 2017
    Hace poco pude jugar a este título. Me parece un gran juego con multitud de puzles y cosas que hacer. A pesar del tiempo que tiene y la fecha en la que salió, me parece un buen juego para jugar hoy en dia.
  40. Mar 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Still the best game ever; game design, gameplay, atmosphere. Using story devices such as time travel and music as a gameplay device and vice versa. Revolutionary. Varied, vivid, organic, funny. Expand
  41. Mar 24, 2017
    Replayed OoT recently. It's amazing how the game can feel fresh, despite today's tech standards. This is, for me, the most optimized "Zelda Formula" experience, and I'm sure I'll replay this, again. And maybe again.
  42. Mar 21, 2017
    Good game, BRUTAL! I played it in 2017, in perspective to what I was playing in 1998, it was a top level in everything, I totally recommend it to all adventure game lovers.
  43. Mar 20, 2017
    Everything in this game is pure magical awesomeness.
    It starts great, but softly. Soundtrack enhances the experience to unexpected places. Gameplay is revolutionary and everything feels so perfected that i cannot avoid giving this game a 10
    Essential masterpiece.
  44. Mar 20, 2017
    It is really impresive how this videogame in the early 1998, wrote the rules of how should the adventure open world games. Amazing music, charismatic characters and great scenarios (Still with the polygonal graphics back there).

It is true that the story is very basic, but it is still effective to bring us a great adventure because of how it´s counted. A lot of good content, interesting puzzles. The best of the early 3D games and the first step of all great games today.
  45. Mar 19, 2017
    Pure freaking magic, trolls can rage against the game as much as they want; when a discussion of the greatest game of all time comes up, Ocarina stands as king.
  46. Mar 19, 2017
    At that time, it has fit all the graphics, sound and game play.
    That really got everything out, what in the still drinstecke this console and
    you saw that too! And that's why he gets also a score of 10/10
  47. Mar 15, 2017
    Game I played a ton through my childhood and I recently picked it up again, I have played through multiple times when I was young and older but the story does not get stale. The game play goes from combat to puzzle solving with massive theme of fantasy genre like the classic Zelda games. A huge arsenal of puzzle solving items which can also be used for combat with initiative. This game isGame I played a ton through my childhood and I recently picked it up again, I have played through multiple times when I was young and older but the story does not get stale. The game play goes from combat to puzzle solving with massive theme of fantasy genre like the classic Zelda games. A huge arsenal of puzzle solving items which can also be used for combat with initiative. This game is a masterpiece. Expand
  48. Mar 14, 2017
    Nothing short of a masterpiece, there are few games that can compare to the ocarina of time and I don't think any game will ever be more decorated than this one is
  49. Mar 11, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A obra-prima do mundo dos jogos com toda a certeza, Oot foi um grande pilar que estabeleceu grandes coisas que jogos de mesmo hoje em dia, depois de quase 19 anos, ainda utilizam. A história é simples e envolvente, cavalgar por Hyrule é uma sensação que perpetua até hoje com grande sentimento. Tudo no jogo é bem pensado, em como os itens podem ser usados, em como derrotar inimigos e depois da passagem de tempo tudo se intensifica, os puzzles, os Bosses, a história, os personagens. Mas enfim, é fantástico, outras importantes coisas para ressaltar são: as músicas, sejam as da Ocarina ou as do Overworld, todas simplesmente tidas como trabalhos de arte, relaxantes e tornam o jogo ainda mais prazeroso; o carisma dos NPCs, visto que grande parte deles têm um papel na história, seja para oferecerem coisas adicionais ou essenciais, são úteis além disso; a engenhosidade das coisas também impressiona de cara, o jeito das músicas ajudarem no jogo, sendo de tanta importância quanto os itens é maravilhoso. Portanto, uma obra-prima atemporal, podia falar de muitos mais pontos fortes, mas só jogando para conhecer o quão incrível essa obra é. Expand
  50. Mar 9, 2017
    for is is not as good as majora's mask, but its a perfect game. every temple y like magic, the sword.

thank you nintendo, than you link, thank you zelda!!
  51. Mar 9, 2017
    Joguei esse jogo a muito muito tempo, no N64, esse foi meu primeiro jogo da franquia zelda, fiquei apaixonado pela qualidade da historia, controles, trilha sonora, é um jogo que nunca esquecerei, depois de anos joguei novamente no 3DS, foi uma nostalgia.
  52. Mar 9, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is a stunning masterpiece with amazing storytelling, visuals, and 3D gameplay that was clearly ahead of the time it was released. This is the prime example of a game done write, in an artistic and innovative standpoint.
  53. Mar 8, 2017
    Quien no le de un 10 a este juego es un niño rata
    ocarina of time es el mejor juego de la historia.................................................................................
  54. Mar 7, 2017
    I played it when I was a kid... good times... but in so much time, there's only one game that can fight with it for the place of the best gamer ever... and it's Zelda Breath of the Wild ;D
    This is one of the BEST **** GAMES EVER!
  55. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is the best rated game of all time: its metascore is 99, and if that's not enough to convince you that this game is amazing, you must really hate video games.
  56. Mar 6, 2017
    One of the best games of all time. When this first released on the N64 it blew peoples minds. Even to this day it is still more playable than most modern games. A true masterpiece.
  57. Mar 6, 2017
    Esse jogo não é mais o melhor de todos os tempos, mas será para sempre o MAIOR de todos os tempos. (Translate: This game is not the best of all time anymore, but it'll always be the BIGGEST of all time)
  58. Mar 5, 2017
    Ich vergebe überragende 10 Punkte
    Zelda ist ein ein Traumgame auf der besten Konsoie der Switch immer
    Sonys Game Horizon wird brutal zerfetzt von Nintendo jetzt°°
    lg euer Andy Epica
  59. Mar 4, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is a revolutionary game, crafted with such perfection and precision only Nintendo can deliver!, the first Zelda game i played was Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS, i fell in love with it instantly!
  60. Mar 4, 2017
    One of the best games ever made.
    Played it back in the old days and until now there is no other game that can surpass this masterpiece !
    Probably the new Breath of the Wild will be as good as this. Still, if i had to chose between both of them, i would take the old one =)
  61. Mar 4, 2017
    No tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en su tiempo en una nintendo 64, hubiese quedado fascinado y un buen recuerdo de infancia. Pero gracias a los emuladores, me permitieron jugar esta maravillosa obra de arte, mas aún con las mejoras de hoy en día que se le puedan hacer.
  62. Mar 4, 2017
    As a game on its own, Ocarina of time is easily one of the finest video games ever created. However, as a Zelda game, it hasn't held up as well as some of the others. The main reason behind me saying that is the story. The story in ocarina of time is quite similar to same concept that had been used several times already prior to 1998. It follows the traditional "link must defeat Ganon andAs a game on its own, Ocarina of time is easily one of the finest video games ever created. However, as a Zelda game, it hasn't held up as well as some of the others. The main reason behind me saying that is the story. The story in ocarina of time is quite similar to same concept that had been used several times already prior to 1998. It follows the traditional "link must defeat Ganon and save hyrule" concept. But aside from the story being flat compared to other games, I can't find much of anything else wrong with this game. The gameplay is fun and intuitive, the dungeons have stood the test of time very well, it has a fantastic roster of bosses and mini bosses, and even the characters a quite memorable for their time. Overall, I believe there are better zelda games than Ocarina of time, but as a game in general, this is the pinnacle of 3D adventure games. Expand
  63. Mar 3, 2017
    Мама и папа всех современных дарксоулсов, Одна из лучших игр в этом жанре и просто настоящая легенда игропрома.
    Серьезных недостатков два:
    1. Неудобная камера, которая буквально выводит из себя. 2. Устаревшая графика Но в остальном! Замечательная игра, которую я хочу посоветовать просто всем. Ее не описать словами, это приключение, которое каждый должен пережить сам -- иначе и не
    Серьезных недостатков два:
    1. Неудобная камера, которая буквально выводит из себя.
    2. Устаревшая графика
    Но в остальном! Замечательная игра, которую я хочу посоветовать просто всем. Ее не описать словами, это приключение, которое каждый должен пережить сам -- иначе и не выйдет по достоинству оценить всю глубину этого шедевра.
    В 22 мб умещается геймплея больше, чем в 100-гиговых шлаках современной игроиндустрии.
  64. Mar 3, 2017
    one orf the best game eva

screw all u hatrs

dis game is da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  65. Mar 3, 2017
    What an incredible game! What an incredible story!
    Time goes by but this legend will not be forgotten as it made its landmark and became a legend in the gaming industry.
  66. Mar 3, 2017
    A masterpiece for the time it was launched, with a vast world, a perfect recreation in a three dimensional space of the saga playability. One of the best OSTs in videogame industry and a really immersive adventure with a perfect hero story that plays between two temporal lines.

All of that in a very limited hardware made to run cartridges with serious size limitations on that time (256 MB).

All of that in 1998...
  67. Mar 2, 2017
    Truly one of the greatest games of ALL TIME! HANDS DOWN!!! Great Story! Fantastic and Revolutionary Gameplay! Beautiful and Iconic Music! What hasn't been said about this game being a true masterpiece!
  68. Mar 2, 2017
    The best of the best. I think we'll never see a game like this in our lives. It is like the wise says: ''Zelda is Zelda''. If there is a perfect game, it's called Zelda Ocarina of Time.
  69. Mar 2, 2017
    This was my favorite game for many years when it came out. The puzzles are great, they don't treat you like a child. The graphics and story were great for its generation. The game is long, but stays detailed and maintains it's quality throughout.

The side quests in this game were much more rewarding than any of the hand-holdy stuff you see today.
  70. Feb 25, 2017
    Spectacular, Jaw dropping, Amazing! I absolutely love this game if I were trying to get any of my friends into gaming this is the 1 game I'd show them
  71. Feb 25, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is the best game ever created, and why? The game has an incredible lot to offer, and when it comes to historyline, it is amazingl. Everything else outside the story also is fabulous in every way.
  72. Feb 23, 2017
    This game literally invented the "Z targeting" system when combating enemies, a system that is used even to this days in the best RPG titles of the modern era like Dark Souls and many other games.

The music is absolutely amazing, the story and lore as well, the scope of the world and the horse riding mindblowing at the time. A classic that was not only an amazing game, but a big

A classic that was not only an amazing game, but a big one, and an impressive one, and a creative one.
  73. Feb 21, 2017
    Why play any other Zelda game? This is the best N64 and Link game ever made!!! The best graphics and the best story. Go play the game to understand how great OOT is.
  74. Feb 18, 2017
    One of the best games ever created and will always have a warm place in my heart. I remember when this was first released and was absolutely amazed and still it holds up today. Saying 10/10 doesn't give it enough justice.
  75. Feb 14, 2017
    If there's a Zelda game that deserves a 100 rating, it's this one. This classic game has an incredible story, and some incredible boss fights and dungeons (I actually liked the water temple). Literally every video game critics have called this game a masterpiece, if you haven't played this game yet go get it right away.
  76. Feb 12, 2017
    Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes.Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes. Should you play this game? Absolutely, this game is one of the most iconic games in video game history. Expand
  77. Jan 23, 2017
    .......................................Simply, the best videogame ever made...........................................................................
  78. Jan 20, 2017
    wonderful game, everything is as close as perfection as possible, I won't bore you with what everyone is already saying about how amazing this game is. But if you're on the fence about whether to give this classic a try, go read IGN's review.
  79. Jan 17, 2017
    juste le meilleur jeu de l'histoire rien a dire a par que si vous n'y avait pas joué vous avez raté un chef d'oeuvre des plus incroyable et palpitant avec une 3D énorme pour l’époque et un scénario devenu culte !
  80. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 95/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  81. Dec 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game ever, in his time the game haven´t comparation with others games. I hope a remake with Unreal 4 graphics and new areas for exploration.. Expand
  82. Dec 5, 2016
    little overrated but still one of the best Zelda games but still has problems like camera, and the pre rendered images look really bad, the mini games are awsome the ganon fight is awsome man !
  83. Nov 26, 2016
    С чего бы начать... Это лучшая игра на свете, она волшебна. Саундтрек великолепен. Геймплей шикарен. Сюжет простой но очаровательный 12/10
  84. Oct 31, 2016
    One of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be aOne of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be a jaded millennial, but I can definitely see why people loved this game so much. It really set the standard for what modern Zelda games are all about.

It goes through the same motions as all the others, of course. Go into a dungeon, get an item, use it to beat the boss. It's the standard thing that all Zelda games do over and over, but I'm not knocking points off of it because it did this first. Even if it wasn't the first to do it, I'd probably still love the game just as much. The world feels huge despite its actually relatively small size, feeling much larger and livelier than many of the much bigger open world games that I've played. There's tons to do, and no matter how many times I play the thing, I never find myself becoming bored. The world is fun to explore, and the dungeons are very well designed, never being a completely linear experience, but never feeling like it just leaves you without any clue as to what to do. I love exploring and figuring out the dungeons in this game, they're absolutely some of the best parts of the game. Of course I hear the Water Temple was some legendary rite of passage to separate the boys from the men, but I never found that much trouble with it. It was more complex than others, sure, but the same rules applied. Just explore rooms you haven't been to, yet. It wasn't really that difficult for me, even if it had three separate and sprawling floors.

Even as someone who jumped onto Ocarina of Time late, I can still feel the magic in this title. I fell in love with the game after the first dungeon, and I felt compelled to keep going through the story, exploring the dungeons and slaying the monsters, and the second half of the game feels even better than the first half when you're jumping back and forth through time. Shifting from child to adult form is the main selling point of this game, and it's used to solve puzzles and such things in certain sections of the game. Although only one dungeon really incorporates it completely, it can be used in exploration throughout the world, and it's always fun to come across something and experiment with time to see what works.

This is my personal favorite Zelda title, though I haven't played all of them, but even so I don't think my opinion is controversial. This is definitely a masterpiece, and any shortcomings it may have are overshadowed by its overall amazing quality and the magical experience it provides, even after all the years after its initial release.
  85. Oct 22, 2016
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics Story - The best to date Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics
    Story - The best to date
    Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal
    World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore
    Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot
    The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the world really makes you feel that you have an effect in it.
  86. Oct 21, 2016
    5/5: Love it. The Legend of Zelda series is one of the greatest franchises, with each game becoming a timeless classic. This game has defined every other game since its release, and with good reason. This game was the reason to own an N64.
  87. Oct 21, 2016
    Those who say that this game is boring, or something like that, want to compare in 2016 a 1998 game! They do not know what is a game made out of his time, simply a revolution in the gaming world, and all games later took inspiration from this masterpiece.

What is lacking today is this something different and innovative and that's what Zelda was then.
  88. Oct 12, 2016
    awesome game
    good and challenging gameplay
    awesome boss battles
    very good story
    and the graphics for a n64 game is not bad at all it's pretty cool
    one of my favorite games of all time
  89. Oct 6, 2016
    Still my favorite game since 1998 (I was 8 years old back then).
    The graphics didn't age really wel (hence the 3DS version), but the rest of the game was en is perfect to me.
  90. Sep 30, 2016
    The greatest video game of all time i have ever played in my life, everything about this game is flawless cant say anything negative about it. 10/10 well done shigeru!!
  91. Sep 18, 2016
    great game just a tad bit overrated. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but a pretty darn good game. I honestly prefer majora's mask but this will be in many gamers hearts for years to come
  92. Sep 15, 2016
    If you haven't played it yet and are wondering if you should try such an old game, I say run! Do it now! I just replayed it for the first time after many years and it retains all of its magic. A masterpiece by anyone's standards. At worst you'll love it. I envy you the experience of playing it for the first time. Still here? Go play you lucky b...
  93. Aug 28, 2016
    Here it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armorHere it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armor bikini). And the goblin king guy wants to find the triangle and beat you with it or whatever. 69/10 some great skin flute playing! Expand
  94. Aug 16, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a action-adventure video game developed and published by Nintendo.

+ Revolutionary Gameplay
    + Great Link Adventure
    - Empty Overworld
    - Some Boring Puzzles
    - No Real Reason to Explore
  95. Aug 15, 2016
    99 metascore. 91 User reviews based on 3000 ratings? There is nothing else to be said. One of the most popular games, the best game ever (not for me) for the industry I mean, is at least in my top 10 of all time.

Detail: I finished more than 3000 games in my life... Only with 360 I played more than 800 and finished almost 350 titles. Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this

Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this game blew me away and will blow away too many people to play it for the first time even almost 20 years later! It is that epic
  96. Aug 1, 2016
    It's impossible for humans to be perfect, let alone create something perfect, but among videogames, Ocarina of Time is the one title that gets closer to perfection. Claiming it is the best videogame of all time undoubtely falls into subjection, but no one can deny how it changed the world of electronic entertainment and the lives of millions of players around the world.
  97. Jul 25, 2016
    Metacritic sucks ass and people who rate games 0s and 1s should go back to f***ing kindegarten, grow the f*** up. Seriously, why are there user reviews on this f***ing site???? They suck a**
  98. Jul 23, 2016
    No game is perfect so I can't give it a 10. Even though I want to give it a 10 more than I want to be a billionaire... Yeah... It's that much of a video game master piece....... This is a fact guys... This is as close to perfect as a game has ever gotten everrrr....

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about why it's so great. The game speaks for itself. Just read all of the known critics reviews. I would just tell you the same stuff...

The only haters are morons/crazy people. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's true. This game is THAT amazing. If you don't like it something is wrong with you. You might as well say you don't like bacon if you don't like Ocarina of time lol.

It's the king. It's the goat. It's the Daniel day Lewis of gaming. It's the Jordan of gaming. It's the starry night of gaming. It's the Beatles of gaming. It's the Alexander the great of gaming. It's yeah yeah you get the idea...

Play this game or forever not know what it is to be in video game heaven. Or better yet... Play the 3ds version. It's a little bit better in many ways particularly just because you don't have to pause the game to put on those iron boots lol. Plus being able to play probably the greatest thing ever made in gaming history to date on the go is a godsend.

Of course the game isn't perfect as no game is... The water temple can be a bit frustrating which is understandable. Dang water level adjustments... Although Dark link is amazing so that kind of makes up for it... Also the game kind of takes a lot from link to the past and puts a 3d spin on it but hey... Lots of games are similar to lots of games. Big whoop. If you're going to kind of sort of copy a older game you might as well kind of sort of copy a good one like link to the past.
  99. Jul 3, 2016
    Wow! This game has good story and great worlds. The graphics and controls make me surprise of how good they are. Well for the N64. This game aged 100% well. This is my 2nd favorite N64 game. But this game is perfect so no worries if it's not my favorite. I 101% recommend it to everyone. This game will totally keep you entertained.
  100. Jun 22, 2016
    Perfect game, amazing dungeons, the music is wonderful and the characters and main story is just legendary.
    Love playing this game over and over since I was 7 years old. I grew up with Link and the Ocarina of Time and grew very fond of the other Zelda games.

A must for every true gamer.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.