9.2

1. Diesel
    Aug 21, 2009
    This game is revolutionarya nd anyone who is rating this low is either brain dead or too young to remember it or has never played it. A Masterpiece. My #2 game of all time behind Super Metroid by a hair.
  2. PhilMad
    Jan 11, 2010
    Simply the greatest game of all time, with engaging story, enemies and puzzles this game will have you being nostalgic fr the rest of your life.
  3. Justinc
    Jan 19, 2010
    Just brilliant, JUST OMG AWESOME STORY! I kept playing this for like 23th times and still haven't get enough for this. It brought back memories of classic zelda :3
  4. BrandonJ
    Jan 21, 2010
    Best and longest story line of its time still holds the record for the highest metacritic rating, and who can post bad about it?
  5. MichelleP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    This is the best game ever. The graphics are excellent, and sometimes you feel like your Link himslef. The scares are first-rate as well (especially the Royal Family's Tomb... That was so frightenting!) I don't know how anyone could have the brains to give it a 6 or lower.
  6. JamesK.
    Mar 22, 2002
    Easily the best game I have EVER played.
    Apr 26, 2002
    Do I really need to say anything? The best game ever made for systems of the 32- and 64-bit era in any genre. An immersive world, amzing graphics and music, awesome controls (Z-targeting and C Button attacking), and tons of side quests make this game a must have for not just adventure fans, but for anyone who has ever played a video game.
  8. DanniR.
    Aug 16, 2002
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME!! i have completed it three times now and i still can't get enough...ahem i actually have two copies of the game because i lost one and couldn't bare the thought of not playing it until i found it...i wish there was a way to give a higher score cuz i would give it 4MILLION OUT OF TEN! its just completely brilliant...
  9. AnderrrrewT.
    Sep 15, 2002
    Geez it's a good game but I don't think it deserves a 98 overall! The graphics (even for their time) were a little muddy and low polygon, and some of the gameplay elements were rather contrived. plus it's sort of short. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the first game of it's kind, and the gameplay itself is amazingly intuitive, and the dungeon design isGeez it's a good game but I don't think it deserves a 98 overall! The graphics (even for their time) were a little muddy and low polygon, and some of the gameplay elements were rather contrived. plus it's sort of short. Don't get me wrong, it's probably the first game of it's kind, and the gameplay itself is amazingly intuitive, and the dungeon design is great, but it certainly isn't without flaw. The music is sort of cheesy too. but what the f..... do I know. Expand
  10. AnthonyK.
    Nov 21, 2003
    This game is perfect in every single way. i have now played it about 15 times through and still haven't got bored of it. it a masterpiece.
  11. MorganW.
    Dec 3, 2003
    This game is perfect. I own a PS2 and a GC, but there is nothing like firing up the N64 and playing this again. After about 5 minutes the graphics seem as though they are next-gen because the game is so beautifully concieved. It is what video games should be.
  12. Uter
    May 23, 2003
    The most epic game ever. It's length combined with consistently high quality gaming make for 1 of the best games ever created.
  13. BenL.
    May 29, 2003
    This is the best game (period!) of all time! Truly an absolute masterpiece in every catagory. A word of advice to anyone reading this who hasn't played it yet (from whatever rock you've been living under), play it all the way through without interruption. It'll be the best gaming experience you'll probably ever have. As far as Shlim N. and Bob go, they should be taken This is the best game (period!) of all time! Truly an absolute masterpiece in every catagory. A word of advice to anyone reading this who hasn't played it yet (from whatever rock you've been living under), play it all the way through without interruption. It'll be the best gaming experience you'll probably ever have. As far as Shlim N. and Bob go, they should be taken out back and shot just for the sole purpose of cleansing the gene pool. It is said that no game is truly a "10," but ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 10. Expand
  14. Prognosticator
    Jun 24, 2003
    This is, unfortunately, the first Zelda game I've ever played, but it left quite an impression and now I am a Zelda fan through-and-through. For any of those losers who like Final Fantasy, get a life. Majora's Mask was cool, because of the vast expansion in surrealism and the variety of new worlds to visit, but it still pales greatly in comparison to Ocarina of Time. This is, This is, unfortunately, the first Zelda game I've ever played, but it left quite an impression and now I am a Zelda fan through-and-through. For any of those losers who like Final Fantasy, get a life. Majora's Mask was cool, because of the vast expansion in surrealism and the variety of new worlds to visit, but it still pales greatly in comparison to Ocarina of Time. This is, quite possibly the best game I have ever played. Shlim N., I bet you are another one of those Final Fantasy losers, aren't you? Expand
  15. KarlK.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Best game ever. nothing else to say but, get it. ... Now!
  16. Matt
    Jul 15, 2003
    There is just something about this game that capivates your imagination. nintendo blended gameplay and graphics along with puzzles beautifully. it should have a score of 100.
  17. BrendanO.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Simply Spiffing!! Awesome awesome awesome!!!!
  18. JohnB.
    Jan 21, 2004
    What I call the zenith of nintendo. Nintendo was at its prime when they made this game, their creative juices were flowing, and they finally released a game so unbelievable, I think a 99 is underrated. Probably the only, I repeat, ONLY problem with this game was that it ended. I was actually sad when I came to realize that I had beaten the game. It's a pity that most games nowadays What I call the zenith of nintendo. Nintendo was at its prime when they made this game, their creative juices were flowing, and they finally released a game so unbelievable, I think a 99 is underrated. Probably the only, I repeat, ONLY problem with this game was that it ended. I was actually sad when I came to realize that I had beaten the game. It's a pity that most games nowadays that are anything but perfect... *cough*windwaker*cough* Expand
  19. Alison
    Dec 6, 2004
    6 years later, and it is still my favorite game...ever! I just wrote a paper about it in one of my college classes and had to play it all over again once i began talking about how great it is. i think i've played it a million times now. go and play this game if you have been in a hole and have not done so yet.
  20. AlexanderW.
    Feb 21, 2004
    In my opinion, the best game ever.
  21. GageW
    Mar 29, 2004
    I am, by nature, a skeptic - some say cynic. I don't buy into critics reviews - be it movies, music, or games (remember how we all got rooked on Lost in Translation?). That said, I was wary about playing a game that was 5+ years old - especially one garnering so many effusing laudations - and coming to me free via GC. How could it possibly compete with the best today had to offer? I am, by nature, a skeptic - some say cynic. I don't buy into critics reviews - be it movies, music, or games (remember how we all got rooked on Lost in Translation?). That said, I was wary about playing a game that was 5+ years old - especially one garnering so many effusing laudations - and coming to me free via GC. How could it possibly compete with the best today had to offer? Well, the skeptic in me was silenced, the cynic transmogrified. After finishing the game I was both elated and melancholic - the greatest game I had ever played was over. I went ahead and played through both Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, each notable, deserving, and great in its own right. But neither, nor any game before or since, has matched what Miyamoto delivered (including Miyamoto himself) in terms of sheer gaming experience. Sure, one can argue the graphics today are better, the sound crisper, the controls snappier. But make no mistake about it. This is the Citizen Kane -- or Casablanca, Godfather, GWTW if you prefer -- of the gaming industry. A feat accomplished once in a lifetime. One which is quickly becoming a piece of nostalgia, at once both glorified and dismissed for its status, while still standing the test of time as the front-runner to the greatest game of them all. Expand
  22. AdityaS.
    Jun 19, 2004
    Awesome, even after 6 years.
  23. HaBo.
    Jul 27, 2004
    This game is really coooool! The windwaker isn't very good. Even though it's old, i still play it alot. im in the forest temple now.
  24. TylerA.
    Nov 17, 2005
    This is my favourite game of all time, I have the N64 and GameCube Master Quest versions. This game can never be beaten. We are up to the second generation of games now and I still can't find a better game. Perfect!
  25. SamD.
    Oct 12, 2005
    Nothing will ever touch this game's greatness. no matter how great the graphic get, no matter what happens in the future, this game will still destroy them all. best game....ever.
  26. JasonM.
    Nov 2, 2005
    There is absolutely nothing one can say to describe this game except perfect. Just perfect. Find me a game that changed the world more, and I'll GIVE you my copy (not gonna happen)
  27. JonnyW.
    Nov 21, 2005
    Greatest game ever. A completely immersive world, great story, charming people to meet. When I beat it for the first tiem, I was genuinely sad that I would never see any of these people again. Of course I got to see them again on my second, third, fourth, and fifth times through, but you know what I mean. Oh yes, I am still finding new secrets and areas, seven years and about about 100 Greatest game ever. A completely immersive world, great story, charming people to meet. When I beat it for the first tiem, I was genuinely sad that I would never see any of these people again. Of course I got to see them again on my second, third, fourth, and fifth times through, but you know what I mean. Oh yes, I am still finding new secrets and areas, seven years and about about 100 hours later. Expand
  28. BogdanN.
    Dec 30, 2005
    This is one of the best games of all time. The gameplay is great, the stroyline is fun and entertaining, and an impresivly long game for the N64. The single "dissappointing" thing about this game is that the graphics arent too great, but considering its for the N64, they are not bad at all.
  29. Yoshiir0x
    Oct 23, 2005
    The best game ever. Nuff said.
  30. MikeS.
    Dec 5, 2005
    The fact is this game has reached the pinnacle of the gaming expirience and the entire feel of the game is amazing, to the point that it has not been matched yet. There is an undeniable dept to this game making it the greatest game of all.
  31. Jared
    Jul 28, 2005
    So good i like the graphics and it is one of the best stories yet. i like zelda games and making it 3d makes it so much better.
  32. ZeroX
    Aug 17, 2005
    I LOVE this game so much I think it deserves your SOUL!!!!!!.I love this story and gameply so much!!!!>It deserves a 10 out of 10!!!
  33. DannyL.
    Nov 1, 2006
    This game was perfection. Nothing more to say. It was probably the best game ever. I'm interested in seeing how Twilight Princess will do. I can't wait.
  34. MichelleF.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This is one of the greatest games, if not the greatest game ever! If you haven't played it, go get it now!
  35. Kissme
    Jan 22, 2006
    The game is wicked and i love it me and me friend plays it all the time but sometimes i haves troble on it so me friend has to beat it fer me and that is all i got to say now soo i is a wicked game man.
  36. GanonS.
    Dec 26, 2006
    This game is the true definition of the word perfect. From the captivating plot to the little secrets, like playing the Song of Storms in the middle of those rocks near the entrance to goron city and getting a free 500 rupee to the immortal and extrmemly aggrivating running man who is the spawn of satan to cows in holes, OoT is my favorite game and I feel like I just made an emmy speech.
  37. FoxK.
    Dec 30, 2006
    If there is ever a debate about the greatest game ever, they obviously haven't played ocarine of time. The zelda series has always been outstanding, but this raises the bar to new levels. Twilight princess is the only game that can compete with OoT, yet it doesn't quite become that legend among games. If you haven't played Ocarina of TIme, you haven't lived.
  38. BenRussell
    Apr 13, 2006
    Best game of all time!
  39. ShaneS.
    Jul 17, 2006
    The poor game is eight years old now, yet it plays better than 90% of the modern day games out there. Honesly you could go back in time, stop nintendo from making it, and then release it this year with current gen graphics and it would still get perfect scores from even gamespot.
  40. JakeS.
    Aug 11, 2006
    Amazing, both now and for the time. In-depth and original gameplay, challenging dungeons, and a mix of classic and new style.
  41. JerkGuy
    Oct 11, 2007
    This game is a classic, I
  42. DonaldB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    This game deserves to be eternally recognized and honored for how amazingly fun and addictive it was and still is. No wonder they had to wait 2 years to release it on the good old 64, Nintendo was trying to figure out how to make cartridges out of crack.
  43. JakeM.
    Oct 13, 2007
    Quite simply, the best video game I've ever played. Everything, the game play, story, graphics... is perfect.
  44. BillH.
    Feb 13, 2007
    I've never been so impacted by a video game before. When it came out, I must've beat it 4 or 5 times, looking for every secret. Now, as I watch my sister play it for the first time, almost 10 years later, the game still looks beautiful and the game play still holds up. Absolute nostalgia watching link travel through time again. Deserves to be the Best video game of all time.
  45. M.Coolness
    Apr 14, 2007
    Best game ever made. A genuine masterpiece of video games.
  46. SamusA.
    Apr 14, 2007
    There is a 1 in 1,000,000,000 chance that any game in the future will ever top this masterpiece, save for Metroid Prime or another Zelda.
  47. JamesM.
    Apr 17, 2007
    A truly amazing gaming achievement. This masterpiece holds its own among the best titles available for every console. I was wondering when it first came out if we would be talking about it forever, and it seems like we probably will. If you have yet to play this game, may God have mercy on your soul. A 10 out of 10 for the most outstanding game of all time.
  48. Ben
    Jun 29, 2007
    This game without a doubt, is the single greatest game in history. Even after years of first beating it, I still would play it today. I really don't know what is so great about it to draw me in so deep.
  49. PaulP.
    Jul 19, 2007
    Best Game of all time and will never be out matched by any game ever.
  50. JosephN.
    Jul 22, 2007
    By far the best game you'll ever play. Hands down.
  51. MichaelK.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Enddor D. obviously does not know games. Ocarina of Time is one of the best installments in the Zelda series.
  52. KevinC.
    Sep 15, 2007
    Realistic, great sound, characters that stretch across all emotion, and a gigantic world to explore. It all adds up to the perfect game.
  53. JasonK.
    Jan 14, 2008
    This is the first Zelda game I ever played when I first played it I fell in love with it. Even after ten years I still consider it the best game of all time. I remmber how intimidated I was when I first fought Ganon I thought'Theres no way I can beat that!'.I truly did not want this game to end. It revolutionized gaming and without it gaming would'nt be like it is now.The This is the first Zelda game I ever played when I first played it I fell in love with it. Even after ten years I still consider it the best game of all time. I remmber how intimidated I was when I first fought Ganon I thought'Theres no way I can beat that!'.I truly did not want this game to end. It revolutionized gaming and without it gaming would'nt be like it is now.The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time is truly a master piece. Expand
  54. ThomasPshyk
    Dec 20, 2008
    There is nothing that can be said about this game that has not been said already, perfection is what it is. From the second you see Link waking up and you begin to explore the village, to when you get to the start screen and see the clouded world map and all the slots for more weapons and items, to when you get to your first dungeon, you don't know what to say, its just such a good There is nothing that can be said about this game that has not been said already, perfection is what it is. From the second you see Link waking up and you begin to explore the village, to when you get to the start screen and see the clouded world map and all the slots for more weapons and items, to when you get to your first dungeon, you don't know what to say, its just such a good game I don't know how there is nothing that comes close to this game yet (sure score wise there are games that come close but game play wise good luck). This game should be pulled apart bit by bit (pun intended =P) to discover how perfection is achieved. Those who rate this game lower than a 9 at the absolute minimum missed something in the game, and those of you giving 0-2, do you have any taste at all? I still remember when I first got the 3 gems together at the temple of time and went rocketing into the future and step into the town square surrounded by zombies, I called up all my friends telling them of my achievement, you could almost say I was way to happy for what I had accomplished. I have so many fond memories of this game that I will definitely pass this down to my kids. Long live The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for you have earned your spot in the halls of time. Expand
  55. MichaelL.
    Dec 22, 2008
    This game is the one and only perfect game. I can't believe some people are saying the game was hard. Right after my first time ever fighting(and beating) Ganon, I went back, popped on the iron boots and broken goron sword and fought him that way without finding near the challenge I was expecting. I'm guessing most people who say it was hard never took advantage of the This game is the one and only perfect game. I can't believe some people are saying the game was hard. Right after my first time ever fighting(and beating) Ganon, I went back, popped on the iron boots and broken goron sword and fought him that way without finding near the challenge I was expecting. I'm guessing most people who say it was hard never took advantage of the Z-targeting, side-step, back flip, and lunge attacks. The only games I could say that have improved sword fighting gameplay are windwaker and twilight princess for the same mechanics with more moves. The music is perfect, the dungeons are fun, the bosses feel like epic fights, and somehow the game has one of the most imersive stories despite its simplicity. I had really never played a zelda game either when I first rented this. Rather than return it I just payed for the game. I remember when I first put the three stones in at the temple of light when I was probably 8 years old, I thought this would be the last boss, the end of the game. I could not believe that 7 more dungeons yet awaited me. The first three dungeons were about the length of the average game back then. Me and my friends took turns playing this game nonstop until we beat it. My favorite game ever. Cannot be called anything less than perfect. Anyone who has never played it needs to. Expand
  56. BoomB.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Best game ever. This was my first zelda game and i have never been so absorbed into any other game since. I wish i could get amnesia just so i can play it all over again. Anyone that thinks its rubbish is an idiot. Go hit yourself with a hammer if you think so.
  57. VulcanT.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Personally I believe this is the best game ever and I still play it after almost 10 years of its launch. No matter what happens this will continue to be the greatest game of all times because of its excellent story.
  58. JayP.
    May 28, 2008
    Best Game ever, hands down.
  59. EricE.
    Jun 12, 2008
    Any game for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or Wii have absolutely nothing on the Nintendo 64's "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time." This game proves that great games do not need any fancy multi-player mode or graphics, although for its style the graphics are relatively astounding. I played this game when I was 9, and I plan on letting my kids, their kids, and their kids play it.
  60. Alec
    Jul 22, 2008
    This is one of two gaming pinnacles, next to Super Mario Bros. OOT is legendary, and is the closest you can get to perfect. And J-Mal J, you must really hate video games.
  61. Raven
    Aug 16, 2008
    I love this game, and all you ppl making it sound like crap stop it!! if you dont like it then dont play it!! duh!! i love link and zelda all the way. i love nintendo for making it!!
  62. JoeM
    Nov 11, 2009
    I played this game when i was six and it was probably one of the first games i have ever played i liked the story line of the game and it also makes you feel like a hero as your saving the world of ganon. I liked the graphics and it was on n64 i also like the way you can use the bow and the boomerang in first person and the way you can defeat the bosses with the weapons you have obtained
  63. jamiep
    Oct 12, 2009
    absolutely brilliant! captivating your mind and soul from start till the very end, this game brings feelings of joy as you explore and take in this magnificent . some would even go as far to say that Its still is the no.1 form of nostalgia today and the greatest game of all time!
  64. PriM
    Nov 22, 2009
    I'm playing this game for nearly 5 years now and i have completed this game nearly 50-60 times, still i cant resist playing it. Its unique characters and a marvelous storyline meets all the requirements to be a perfect game.
  65. AndrewE
    Oct 13, 2009
    It's 2009. This is still the best game i have ever played, no questions asked. I'm stunned that games like GTA4 or Bioshock are even mentioned in the same breath as this game, there's just no comparison, not in the gameplay, the story, the music, the graphics (with respect to the current competition of course). This is the game that is the benchmark for every video game out there.
  66. Anonomys
    Oct 21, 2009
    It's a good game but it is extremely overratted. the only thing it introducedus to the Zelda franchise was to introduce the games in 3-D and use 3 items instead of 1 or 2.
  67. PasinduS
    Dec 13, 2009
    This is, hands down the best game ever created. I played it as a kid over 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Sure, it was tough and made me spend the better part of 99' trying to beat the water temple but it was so worth it. I recently downloaded it for the virtual console and was amazed to rediscover the initial wonder I experienced. The graphics are horrendous by todays This is, hands down the best game ever created. I played it as a kid over 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Sure, it was tough and made me spend the better part of 99' trying to beat the water temple but it was so worth it. I recently downloaded it for the virtual console and was amazed to rediscover the initial wonder I experienced. The graphics are horrendous by todays standards but it just doesnt matter; the design; the bosses; the side quests are all top notch. If you own a Wii, you MUST play this. Expand
  68. Harry
    Dec 14, 2009
    Gaming perfection. This stands among an elite selection of games against which all other games should be judged.
  69. RickyD
    Dec 15, 2009
    Simply the best game that has ever been made, nothing will ever top this. Also the replay value of this game is simply amazing, i think ive beaten this game like 100 times and i enjoyed it no less than the first time i ever did.
  70. AshleyC
    Dec 6, 2009
    I just went back and played this game again, and it really was just as amazing as the first time. I've been a fan of the game for a decade now, and it really is one of the greatest games of all time.
  71. SeanK
    Mar 11, 2009
    Ocarina of Time Is without a doubt my favorite game I have ever played. When I was little all we had was a N64 I played less than an hour a day back then. When I got this game I started playing probaly 3hours. The first time I even just watched the game my eyes were glued to the screen. It had good graphics for its day, an amazing plot line, lovable characters, wonderful puzzles, Ocarina of Time Is without a doubt my favorite game I have ever played. When I was little all we had was a N64 I played less than an hour a day back then. When I got this game I started playing probaly 3hours. The first time I even just watched the game my eyes were glued to the screen. It had good graphics for its day, an amazing plot line, lovable characters, wonderful puzzles, frightning monsters and reat fighting mechanics. I've never played a better game and probably never will. Expand
  72. EirikM.
    Apr 12, 2009
    This game will, without a doubt, go down in history as the greatest game ever made. It's in every way perfect, with great controls, great graphics, and something for each and every one. The amount of secrets in this game will astound you. I, personally lost my n64 game, but luckily I got a new one in the Wind Waker collectors edition package. If you are skeptical to even try this This game will, without a doubt, go down in history as the greatest game ever made. It's in every way perfect, with great controls, great graphics, and something for each and every one. The amount of secrets in this game will astound you. I, personally lost my n64 game, but luckily I got a new one in the Wind Waker collectors edition package. If you are skeptical to even try this game, give it 5 minutes. No matter what, you will be hooked. Enjoy. Expand
  73. GaborA.
    Nov 11, 2003
    Flawless in every aspect except a very important one. There is no challenge what so ever. Puzzles and finding your way around only take patience and enemies/hazards are a joke. 20 hearts and three faries make it impossible to die and if you forget to pause it a die somehow then a farrie will revive you. A beautiful and fun game but its impossible to turn god mode off.
  74. ProfessorF.
    Nov 26, 2003
    I'm writing this in Nov. of 2003, so I guess most people don't play this anymore, what with the GC version out. This, is simply, a masterpiece. You marvel how someone could create a storyline so rich and full. The graphics are excellent too, for a N64 game. Truly, this will live on as a classic.
  75. ErdemB.
    Nov 25, 2004
    Gaming nirvana. I fell in love with this masterpiece as soon as I started playing it. Truly absorbing, eutophian gameplay.
  76. OlduvaiJ.
    Dec 29, 2005
    Best game ever, it made me feel as if I was actually in hyrule, something that not that many games make me feel. Quirky memorable characters, an amazing plot, a difficulty level honed to perfection, this is my only perfect 10.
  77. AlexandreC.
    Dec 11, 2006
    This is the greatest game I've ever experienced. I'm not a video game player, but this one was worth playing, just like Harry Potter books are worth it to book non-readers. This game is the perfect example to show how video games are the next step in story telling.
  78. ChrisA.
    Dec 29, 2006
    Just finished playing the game again, after 2 years of playing PS2, Xbox, and PC games and i got to say after 2 yeras of not playing , 2 this day I have not played any thing that cames close to THE GAME OF GAMES im 40 years old and I have played a LOT a LOT of games
  79. Stontonious
    Nov 11, 2007
    Very few games reach the perfection that this one easily achieves, but when they reach it, their universally known as masterful games with revolutionizing changes that shake the foundation of it's genre and the industry as a whole. Do yourself a favor, buy this game, play it, and find out why this game is always used as a measuring stick to separate the good games from the ones that Very few games reach the perfection that this one easily achieves, but when they reach it, their universally known as masterful games with revolutionizing changes that shake the foundation of it's genre and the industry as a whole. Do yourself a favor, buy this game, play it, and find out why this game is always used as a measuring stick to separate the good games from the ones that define that generation. Expand
  80. Kevin
    Nov 18, 2007
    It is a very good game, but no longer the masterpiece it once was. It has since been topped by Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Although it was certainly revolutionary, it is unfortunately quite dated now, but it is still a very solid game.
  81. Andrewthe6Yrgamer.
    Nov 24, 2007
    This game will hold a special place in my heart for all time. I was not playing video games when OoT came out, but I did eventually play it, and was smitten. . Twilight Princess is good, but it doesn't come close. to Ocarina. Everybody else has commented on the sound, gameplay, and story, so I won't. I'll just say this: Ocarina of Time is the best game I have ever played. This game will hold a special place in my heart for all time. I was not playing video games when OoT came out, but I did eventually play it, and was smitten. . Twilight Princess is good, but it doesn't come close. to Ocarina. Everybody else has commented on the sound, gameplay, and story, so I won't. I'll just say this: Ocarina of Time is the best game I have ever played. If you don't own it, buy it (On Virtual console for Wii, Master Quest or Collector's edition for Gamecube, or buy an N64 off Ebay and track down a copy of the game) It's that good. If you think Ocarina is a bad game, you fail at life and don't deserve to play video games. That's all I have to say about that. Expand
  82. BenF
    Nov 27, 2009
    No game makes me happier than this game. Best game ever! Haven't played it. From what I saw, it was awesome.
  83. EvanL
    Dec 31, 2009
    Undoubtedly the greatest game ever created. For such an amazing game to be released so early in the lifetime of console games is a feat nothing short of miraculous and has yet to be repeated. Nintendo conceived this game with such pure brilliance that all future games will stand upon its shoulders in attempts to duplicate its massive successes. The art of gaming has never felt so amazing Undoubtedly the greatest game ever created. For such an amazing game to be released so early in the lifetime of console games is a feat nothing short of miraculous and has yet to be repeated. Nintendo conceived this game with such pure brilliance that all future games will stand upon its shoulders in attempts to duplicate its massive successes. The art of gaming has never felt so amazing and probably never will again. Simply perfect. Expand
  84. Mar 22, 2011
    i would deffinitly call this the best in the zelda franchise and ive played just about all of them . its very long around 40-60 hours depending on what you all do and how fast you solve the puzzles which are very well done . every thing about this game was done remarkably well minus the story which is very simple and has little draw and is basically the same plot in every zelda game ...i would deffinitly call this the best in the zelda franchise and ive played just about all of them . its very long around 40-60 hours depending on what you all do and how fast you solve the puzzles which are very well done . every thing about this game was done remarkably well minus the story which is very simple and has little draw and is basically the same plot in every zelda game ... find and save zelda from gannon or some form of his. that aside zelda was never built on its story but its clever puzzles and intresting gameplay . if you are just getting into zelda you should deffinitly go back and check out this one . it deserves the high marks it gets .also it has one of the best final boss fights in the franchise . Expand
  85. Nov 19, 2010
    I don't have word for this game. Maybe... Perfect? Epic? Unstoppable? Unbeatable? Irresistible? Sensational......? The songs, bgs, sfx, graphifcs, characters, history, all of this game is incridlebe. 11/10
  86. Oct 17, 2012
    It's Super Mario 64 mixed with Lord of the Rings epicness. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a damn fine game to play any time at all. Who doesn't love Link time-travelling between the present and the future using the Temple of Time as the portal?

When I first played this I was overwhelmed by how epic it was. They just don't make video games like this anymore, except for the recent Zelda games.
  87. Oct 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Call us crazy, but when the final version of Zelda 64 arrived in the IGN64 offices, we stopped working, locked ourselves into a room with a big-screen TV and a surround system and played 17 hours straight. After only a few hours of sleep, we were back for more and we couldn't stop until we finished the game. Then, we started over again to find all the secrets. Expand
  88. Jun 10, 2011
    Ocarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than mostOcarina of Time. The title name alone is a legend among the gaming world. Ocarina of Time is the second Zelda game I ever played, Oracle of Seasons the first. A game that received more praise, offers and nominations as the greatest game of all time, OoT, to me, this is the SECOND greatest Zelda game, first being Windwaker but it is still a fantastic game and has more creativity than most games we get now, 13 years later. Gameplay is solid to the bone and set a tradition into its future successors, the story is epic as hell and the replay value is unprecedentedly legendary. If you love games, this is an essential play. You can't call yourself a gamer until you played this. Expand
  89. Feb 7, 2014
    Apart from getting lost all the time, I enjoyed the action, story and adventure in this game. It's aged well and is just the right length of time to not start dragging. I can still see why it became a classic even if it's not one of mine.
  90. Aug 4, 2011
    I played this game 13 years after its release and I can say that it definitely deserves a perfect score. Everthing comes together so well the game is very long, has an awesome world with a variety of settings, great puzzles, has a very epic story and ending and one thing that stood out for me is that the game is very rewarding, if one takes ones time exploring, collecting and doing sideI played this game 13 years after its release and I can say that it definitely deserves a perfect score. Everthing comes together so well the game is very long, has an awesome world with a variety of settings, great puzzles, has a very epic story and ending and one thing that stood out for me is that the game is very rewarding, if one takes ones time exploring, collecting and doing side missions one will get stronger and acquire things that simply make the game easier and by the end fight you will actually feel powerful after those many hours spent preparing.One of the best games i have ever played.10/10. Expand
  91. Dec 2, 2010
    "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is probably the best Zelda, if not (one of) the best game(s) of all time. This game has everything an Action Adventure fan can ask for: Excellent gameplay, great music and even though the graphics are not up-to-date, the style fits the game. The level-design is great and the story is good too. The puzzles are never too difficult nor too easy and the"The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is probably the best Zelda, if not (one of) the best game(s) of all time. This game has everything an Action Adventure fan can ask for: Excellent gameplay, great music and even though the graphics are not up-to-date, the style fits the game. The level-design is great and the story is good too. The puzzles are never too difficult nor too easy and the whole world contains many secrets. The only negative point is the framerate, but after all, this game is over 10 years old. And the framerate is a barely an issue at all. "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time" is a game where you never get bored, no matter how many times you play it and if there's one game that can be called "perfect", it's this one. If your still haven't played this masterpiece, you can either download it for the Virtual Console or wait for the 3DS version with a better graphics. Expand
  92. Jun 29, 2011
    greatest game in history. Funny the haters that just don't get it. Probably just stupid kids. I played this game for hours and hours, and felt more absorbed by its world than by any other game.
  93. Jun 23, 2011
    An amazing game for the N64. I am having trouble understanding all of the negative reviews. But (if they could think straight) the authors of the negatives would see that know one gives a crap about their reviews and 1 in 50 agree with them. I first played this game at my friends house and played it a little too long (judging by my bloodshot eyes and red face). After that, I purchased theAn amazing game for the N64. I am having trouble understanding all of the negative reviews. But (if they could think straight) the authors of the negatives would see that know one gives a crap about their reviews and 1 in 50 agree with them. I first played this game at my friends house and played it a little too long (judging by my bloodshot eyes and red face). After that, I purchased the GameCube remake and had just as much fun. Expand
  94. Nov 25, 2010
    Anyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side questsAnyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side quests and collectibles, and considering the fact that this game was made in 1998 the graphics are amazing. The only real downside is that the game is somewhat linear and you can't continue on after beating the final boss, but that doesn't detract from the huge amount of fun I had playing this game. This has to be one of if not the best games ever made just as the others have said. Expand
  95. Feb 4, 2012
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a creative, non-linear game with a vast world. The weapons and items are varied and unusual. There was side missions to keep the adventure fun and moving. The temples and bosses were well thought out. The warp songs are convenient, but hard to memorize. Time travel on top of all that made it a great quest. One of my friends said it perfectly whenThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was a creative, non-linear game with a vast world. The weapons and items are varied and unusual. There was side missions to keep the adventure fun and moving. The temples and bosses were well thought out. The warp songs are convenient, but hard to memorize. Time travel on top of all that made it a great quest. One of my friends said it perfectly when they said, "Can you think of a better game at the time?" My answer was "No, good point." There are a few problems I had with it though. The game kept abruptly stopping due to major perplexity and frustration, which stems from a lack of explanation or some subtle detail that was understandably overlooked. The game required the Internet more times than it required the ocarina. The beginning was mundane and underwhelming, but that was understandable because it was basically a tutorial so it was only irritating while you were playing it. Also, the water temple is agreed by most to be lengthy, repetitive, discreet, drawn-out, and questionable why the iron boots must be taken on and off an endless amount of times. At least, they fixed that in the remake for the Nintendo 3DS. Also, the fairy won't shut up through the entire game. She, or he, or whatever, wasn't helpful and kept interrupting gameplay for obvious info about the game. The only time I got peace and quiet is when I fought Ganondorf or when I shut the system off. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares about it. My favorite temple was the forest temple and the shadow temple. Both creative and large, much like the game. I mentioned all the game's flaws, and not a lot of its strong points. I don't mean to say the game is bad, hence the 8 I gave it. I just didn't mention a lot of its strong points because all the overrated 10's that smother the page can tell you that. What they forgot to tell you was its flaws. Overall, great game, challenging, classic, exploratory, but, sadly, overrated. Expand
  96. Aug 15, 2016
    99 metascore. 91 User reviews based on 3000 ratings? There is nothing else to be said. One of the most popular games, the best game ever (not for me) for the industry I mean, is at least in my top 10 of all time.

Detail: I finished more than 3000 games in my life... Only with 360 I played more than 800 and finished almost 350 titles. Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this

Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this game blew me away and will blow away too many people to play it for the first time even almost 20 years later! It is that epic
  97. Dec 28, 2010
    This is the best fking game in existence. It is right up there with the original Super Mario Bros. Classics like this and compelling and such enriched stories like this don't come often. Regardless of age, this game will wisk you into the zelda world and have you fulfilling Link's task as if it were you own. it's a chef d'oeuvre and an exemplary title of what any game should aspire to be.This is the best fking game in existence. It is right up there with the original Super Mario Bros. Classics like this and compelling and such enriched stories like this don't come often. Regardless of age, this game will wisk you into the zelda world and have you fulfilling Link's task as if it were you own. it's a chef d'oeuvre and an exemplary title of what any game should aspire to be. This is the highest rated game in Metacritic and deserves it. There are moments when you will cry out of sadness or joy, this is truly a magnificent masterpiece and Nintendo's most cherished game. Expand
  98. Aug 18, 2011
    The ultimate and definitive Zelda. Everything that Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and (especially) Twilight Princess are, they owe to Ocarina of Time.
  99. Nov 16, 2010
    Probably the best game in the series (and probably best game ever ). Why? Fun, Easy to learn controls, Good story, Not to long - not to short, Amazing replay value. this game is simply a masterpiece! can't wait for the 3DS remake.
  100. Nov 28, 2010
    This is, without a doubt, the best game ever created. Even to this day, years after it was made, I still love the game. If you haven't played the game, and own a Wii, pick it up on the virtual console, it is well worth the $10 they are charging for it.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.