9.2

1. May 26, 2015
    I have played this game various times on every system its available on. And to this day, with well over 300 games played since, i can honestly say this is the single greatest game EVER created, and it will never be outdone. There are some that have came close in their own way, but never a complete package such as this.
  2. May 19, 2015
    this game is amazing the graphics are wow nice graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game has beautiful musics that make me happy (and bit sleepy) this game is goty for the present days this game is hyped and not like fnaf fnaf suck a lot this game is terrible but person say this game is goty
  3. May 17, 2015
    Just beat this game for the first time and although its not the masterpiece everyone says it is, I had a ton of fun and it is definitely up there in my "favourite games" catergory.

Plot: Link or [Insert your name here] is a boy who is a part of the Kokiri Race and lives in Kokiri Forest. Link's destiny is to defeat the evil Ganondorf (The Gerudo King) and save Princess Zelda. There is much to the story but I don't want to spoil too much.

Gameplay: The gameplay was pretty good for the most part, just gets extremely frusterating because of the lack of buttons on the N64 controller. I praise the Z-Targeting in the game as without it, it would be an extremely hard. The enemies that will piss you off the most are the bats and other flying creatures as they are the hardest to aim at.

Sound: I found OOT funny in the sense that Link always makes the HYAH HYEAH HEYA HUP for every action you do besides running or walking. Didn't come across too many SFX issues because everything I hit sounded exactly how I think it would sound in real life.

Music: This soundtrack is incredible. Its so memorable and I see how people can keep humming or whistling this song wherever you go. A personal favourite of mine is Kakoriko Town followed up by the Song of Storms song in the windmill (Both places centered around Kakoriko Town :D). I certainly can't wait to play Majoras Mask and see their memorable soundtracks too!!

Characters: 85% of characters are very minor and do nothing with the story, but they are memorable and you know what type of traits they carry. Like the couple swinging around in the Castle Marketplace which they do that 24/7 and never get tired. The only characters that you will probably remember are Zelda, Ganondorf and Mido that little prick.

Textures/Graphics/Design: That true N64 look, reused textures and the polygonal shapes everywhere. It looks aged as of today, but that still doesn't stop me from thinking how mind-blowing it was back in the day, a truly wonderful and unique world.

Random Notes: Although I bought this game at a garage sale for fairly cheap (N64 version), you are best off emulating it or getting the 3DS version (Pirating is wrong mkay) the N64 title is highly demanded will cost a lot.

Do you recommend? Yes
    How long did it take you to beat? Approx. 25 hours (I collected a lot of items and did the side quests)
    What's the best part about the game? The soundtrack
    What's the worst part about the game? The **** bats

Overall Ratings

Plot: 9/10 (Reviewing like I am played it in 1998, its unfair to compare it to newer games)
    Gameplay 8/10
    Sound 9/10
    Music 10/10
    Characters 9/10
    Textures/Graphics/Design 9/10

Overall 9/10

Awesome game, will be playing Majora's Mask and it better be just as good as Ocarina of Time and I bet it will.
  4. May 3, 2015
    Queda de frames absurdas abaixo de 10fps as vezes, jogo muito linear, devido a Hypie eu joguei achei muito chato, sistema de combate linear, historia fraca, graficos boms para o ano de lançamento, texturas ruims, sonoplastia HORRIVEL OBS: não vale a pena a compra do mesmo
  5. May 2, 2015
    Best game of all time, by alot for me because for me it's not just a game but it's my family. my father used to love this game before he died and he logged off in the temple of time the last time he played. when i checked his profile he was at the graveyard. It tries to communicate with me, it know's. this game should be worshiped as a god
  6. Apr 27, 2015
    First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do.First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do. But if you are like me and don't mind a refresher, Navi doesn't seem so obnoxious.

So Link wakes up and Navi basically explains the Deku Tree (the ONLY tree I know with a mustache) needs to see him. Now I as the player begin to move him around with the little joystick and make him run outside his little tree house. Looks like we're in a forest; the Kokiri Forest to be exact. First instinct is to explore around, learn how to pick up rocks and throw them, learn to break pots, run through grass to find stray rupees, and of course find out that Mido is a real jerk. Not sure how he does this, but he slides all the way around the area he is guarding and doesn't let you in because Link is "different" somehow. By the way, Mido is the leader of the Kokiri Forest children running around.

A bit peeved, I run around looking for a sword and shield just like Navi told me to do after saying 'Hello' to Mido (ironically, Link cannot speak). As I find the sword and shield buy dodging rolling boulders and cutting people's lawns for any money I found, I noticed something strange. All these kids running around... not ONE. SINGLE. ADULT!! It was like watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy and wondering the same thing: who watches these children? Does anybody care at all what happens to them!? So I get the sword and shield and shove them in Mido's face and he begrudgingly lets me pass. Off to visit the Deku Tree!

Apparently this old sap was dying and I had to go inside his mouth and kill something to make him feel better. This is the first dungeon of the game. This is where the puzzle aspect comes into play. I was climbing webs, pushing blocks, looting chests, getting lost, freaking out at these huge spiders with skulls as abomens as they drop from the ceiling, and, my favorite hobby, burning things with sticks! Eventually I reached a point where I just couldn't go further. So, got lost again and bumped my head into a chest containing a slingshot. This slingshot was going to help further my progress by allowing me to shoot things from a safe distance.

Finally found the last room where the apparent evil that was killing the Deku Tree was hiding and boy was it dark! Walking around cautiously I hear the same sound that the spiders made when they were moving. Of course, I look up to see if I was right... oh I was right alright. In fact, I was so right the game went widescreen, zoomed in on this spider and it reveals one big orange eye that glares at me with such contempt. The eight-legged freak drops from the ceiling and some white text appears: Parasitic Armored Arachnid GOHMA! I believed myself to be knee deep in scat at this point, so I ran around frantically hoping Navi would say something useful for once! Gohma gets close to me and stands upright, focusing a red glaring eye upon me. Navi finally uses her magical power to pause the game and hint that I should poke its eye. Really Navi? You want me to irritate this guy by poking it in the DAMN EYE!? Fine. I'll shoot a pebble in the eye and see if Gohma gets some more redness and asks Ben Stein for some eyedrops. Apparently shooting a slingshot hurt a lot more than I thought! Gohma falls down and her eye is flashing all sorts of colors. I pull out my twig-sized sword and hack away. Gohma gets back up after 4 slashes and we do this dance allover again. Run around, stand in fear as Gohma begins to stare into my soul with her crimson gaze, fling a pebble in her eye, watch her fall down, pull out twig, smack her with it, and then she dissipates.

Got that out of the way, but apparently the Deku Tree's doctor only gave him so much time to live. In other words, I was too late. The tree was dying and he gives Link a Kokiri Emerald. I guess I should keep it. After all, it's a parting gift and it is shiny. But there is more to this game than just killing time in dungeons, solving puzzles, laying the smack down on spiders bigger than any boot you will ever find, and then watching the trees die! There are mini-games, sidequests, weapons galore, secrets, fairies, engrossing story developments, songs to play, adventures to be had, and NPCs who may strike you as odd, peculiar, creepy, and even pretty. The game's main mechanic has got to be the Ocarina of Time. It is used in many places to open doors, raise water levels, turn night into day, teleport Link to previous locations, and even make it rain! I would say more, but I don't want to spoil anything else. OoT is just a timeless classic that never gets old.
  7. Apr 21, 2015
    This game is brilliant. The game itself shows the gaming audience that graphics do not make a good game. The story is legendary. The game play is awesome. Any chance you can, BUY IT!!!!!
  8. Apr 20, 2015
    It's practically a crime to say that Ocarina of Time is a bad game. The story is timeless, the gameplay is great and the bosses are really awesome. The only thing that sucks about this game is that stupid Water Temple. It is still an amazing game, but in my opinion, it isn't my favorite Zelda game.
  9. Apr 18, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 is one of the most overhyped games in existence, its got bland gameplay. Absolutely terrible combat mechanics and runs at a staggering twenty frames per second (16 in PAL regions)
  10. Apr 8, 2015
    O jogo proporciona um mundo incrível, onde a imaginação consegue te uma visão extraordinária, a criatividade predomina em vários detalhes, a aventura no jogo é cativante, e sua originalidade, suas características principais, da ao jogador um mundo onde não é apenas aquilo que mostra, mas é também o que o jogador sente e imagina!
  11. Mar 29, 2015
    3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play it again. OoT is on a whole different level. A level higher than Halo, CoD, Destiny, and all those other overated games. OoT is a must play for gamers around the world! Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2015
    1,000/10 .............................................................................................................................................
  13. Mar 22, 2015
    A revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay andA revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay and timelessness of the game certainly do. Ocarina of Time is a marvelous experience. Expand
  14. Mar 22, 2015
    Un gran juegazo, de los mejores de la historia me trae muy buenos recuerdos una pena que estuviera en ingles.

Graficazos y grandes personajes en una historia emocionante.
  15. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich sollten allein schon für die vergangene Arbeit , die für diese Legende in Ideen und Features übergegangen sind , mindestens 3 Punkte hergegeben werden . Keine Ahnung , was sich manche unter gut vorstellen ;D Dieser Klassiker gehört gewürdigt und verdient die 99 % vollkommen zu Recht ^-^
  16. Mar 12, 2015
    Whilst not perfect as nothing is, this game managed to fully immerse me in it's simple yet captivating storyline, gameplay and art style.

I'm trying to not be bias, due me being a Legend of Zelda fan, but I can truly say that if you give this game a chance that lasts longer than 20 minuites (I truly believe the first twenty can be the worst part in the game) then you'll be rewarded the points I have just described.

As others have said, a true classic. The 3DS version is also, brilliant.
  17. Jub
    Mar 8, 2015
    This game is still my favourite.

From start to finish it's an absolute pleasure to play, which is something that I can't say about many games. I'm sitting here trying to think of things that I don't like about it but I'm stumped. So here's the things I like about it; Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world
    This game is still my favourite.

Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world exploration, levelling system (or lack of), abilities. There's probably more but you get the point.

I could write pages and pages about this game but there's no point. I've played hundreds and hundreds of games over the course of several decades and I still love this game. And this isn't just nostalgia - I've revisited the game multiple times since my original playthrough in 1998 and it still is THAT good. This is something I've tried with other games but sadly they have not withstood the test of time anywhere near as well.

There are aspects to this game that developers should be using for their games today - an example of this is the levelling system. No need to for XP bars, skill trees or any of that nonsense. Just keep it simple. You're health goes up slowly as you make progress but doubly as you explore more areas and find secrets. You find new items which reward you with new abilities. It's all you need. Levelling shouldn't be a big deal and should basically be invisible to the player.

Anyways, there's only a few reasons why you would be reading my review;
    1. You've played the game and like it - hello (see '2' if you're looking to play it again).

2. You haven't played the game - then I suggest you get the 3DS version. It's the best legitimate version available. If you don't want that then you can get it on the Wii eShop. I'll also remind you that the WiiU has a Wii inside it [not everyone knows this]. So yes, you can play OoT on your WiiU but you'll need an old controller.

3. You've played the game and don't like it - thanks for reading anyway.

I probably could have left this blank and just let the date of my review say everything I need. It's 17 years later and I'm still talking about it.
  18. Mar 7, 2015
    The game is playable, but too difficult to proceed in certain sections for younger gamers, which will lead to frustration at being stuck. A Zelda game like Majora's Mask has less situations in which players are unable to continue past a certain spot. Hopefully going forward, Nintendo will lean more on the Majora's Mask model than on Ocarina of Time.
  19. Feb 28, 2015
    Zelda ocarina p4p all time. ................................................................................................................................
  20. Feb 21, 2015
    I played this game on my wii in 2014. And it was awesome. The only thing I disliked was that for me im used to GIANT worlds like in minecraft. So its felt small.
  21. Feb 19, 2015
    Played this game for the first time this past week and it has to be one of my favourite games of all time. The story is engaging, every character that has more than one line has some sort of depth, and the gameplay is flawless. For whatever reason, this has been the number one game to hate for the collective hipster and fanboy that is the internet. I came to this conclusion because whenPlayed this game for the first time this past week and it has to be one of my favourite games of all time. The story is engaging, every character that has more than one line has some sort of depth, and the gameplay is flawless. For whatever reason, this has been the number one game to hate for the collective hipster and fanboy that is the internet. I came to this conclusion because when you ask someone why they hate it, they say its overrated then leave without giving any solid arguments. Are you insane? Seriously this is the closest thing you can get to a masterpiece in games. Giving this anything below an 8 would be a sin. Also I prefer the 3DS version, where they fix a few of the problems the N64 game had. And the obvious addition of 3D and better graphics. Expand
  22. Feb 18, 2015
    Simply fantastic is every way possible!
    Even after 20 years this game will still be legendary and bring out the inner child that once ever loved this game! Why? Because unlike a lot of games today, Ocarina of Time tells a tale of values and lessons that need to be learned whether you're a busy adult or a child looking forward to grow up without the use of blood and gore!
    The game's story
    Simply fantastic is every way possible!
    The game's story is based on a saying, "Past mistakes can affect your future, and you will one day have to have the courage to face them eventually in life." Might as well be one of the best things to learn in life.

Plot/Story: 10/10

As for gameplay, fun as always. Easy to use controls and intense battles with catchy background music to get your blood pumping hard! Dungeons are a bit tricky at times but that's what makes it fun and exciting!

A MUST PLAY BEFORE YOU DIE!
  23. Feb 18, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favourite game of all time and will be until I find a game that has made me feel the same way or better because that game is amazing, the scope (for an n64 its amazing), the story is what a Zelda story should be like and the final boss Ganon is the most amazing final boss you will ever see, the only game that has come close is shadow of the colossus. Expand
  24. Feb 18, 2015
    this is one of the best games i ever played IF not the best , its one of those games where you can say '' i used a walkthrough , but i still enjoyed it '' everything about it is great EVERYTHING
  25. Jan 30, 2015
    I've banged a lot of Legend of Zelda games in my day, but few have brought me to climax like Ocarina of Time. I was like, "Whoa", every time I heard the boss music start playing. Oh My God! The it was so amazing. Please play this game and do your best to destroy anyone who claims it is not one of the best games ever. Go Fourth and Destroy them with your words. Ganon straight turns into aI've banged a lot of Legend of Zelda games in my day, but few have brought me to climax like Ocarina of Time. I was like, "Whoa", every time I heard the boss music start playing. Oh My God! The it was so amazing. Please play this game and do your best to destroy anyone who claims it is not one of the best games ever. Go Fourth and Destroy them with your words. Ganon straight turns into a demon pig like the original game, and you **** him up with the master sword like byaaah! Expand
  26. Jan 23, 2015
    One of the best games of all, with many puzzles and how they interact to continue in history, certainly one of the best zelda and a great soundtrack with great songs and melodies I love.
  27. Jan 23, 2015
    I have stated in other game reviews that nothing is perfect but this IS!
    There is nothing left to say after all these years since its release.
    It is a masterpiece in all aspects, but the story is remarkable.
    I complete this game 100% over and over.
    PERFECT!
  28. Jan 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so first of all people who gave this a game a 0 don't deserve to rate games. A game that is a 0 dosent work. 1 is a game where everything is so bad and its barley and game etc. This game came out in 98 and set the bar so high few games still have managed to hit that bar. When this game came out in 98 people where mind blown. It was one of the games in history that changed gaming. This game has aged well, Many people who are new gamers who are used to graphics and dramatic scenes may not like it as much because its old but will still enjoy it so much. This game has great music, characters, terrain, and probably the best development of any video game. Link the hero of time starts off as a lazy kid who is rejected by everybody in the kokiri village. He dosent even have his own fairy. But as you progress through the story Link keeps getting stronger and stronger just enough to beat the next boss. Towards the mid point of the game where you get the ocarina of time Link finally meets ganandorf. Link With great courage draws his sword and weapon but is easily knocked off by ganandorf. Ganandorf then laughs and leaves in pursuit of the princess. Link has gotten strong but not nearly strong enough. The sages knew link could not take on ganon at this age so they put link into a deep 7 year sleep. Now Link (matured) has been informed what has happend to hyrule and now he must find all the sages in order to beat ganon and save hyrule. So link sets off running around hyrule, temple to temple gaining even more strength and weapons. In the end Link is now strong enough to face the evil lord in a epic showdown between shadow vs light, the hero of time who possesses the triforce of courage vs the evil demon king who possesses the triforce of power. After a long epic struggle Link the hero of time prevails and defeats Ganon stabbing him with the master sword in the head. Link went from the the lazy boy without a fairy to a Legend who saved hyrule from complete destruction. Expand
  29. Jan 19, 2015
    This game is beyond any rating possible, my childhood and adult main game. If this game didn't exist then I wouldn't be playing games as much as I do today. Basically, it was a life changer and every person that says they're a gamer but haven't played this game isn't living up to the name 'gamer'. I just wish developers would put this much heart into making a game like they did for this.
  30. Jan 4, 2015
    I really found this game to be one of the more disappointing games in the Legend Of Zelda Series. I found the dungeons very repetitive and the story lacked in plot twist and there was no character development at all.
    The graphics have not improved at all and the enemy's do not get harder as the games go on.
    overall i found Ocarina of Time to be a massive disappoint,
  31. Jan 2, 2015
    Easily the best Legend of Zelda. I never quite liked the other Legends of Zelda but this was pure awesomeness. It rightfully gets the best score on meta critic ever.
  32. Dec 31, 2014
    "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time" I'm going to give this game as definitive of a review as possible for anyone on the fence, whether its the gamecube, 3ds or N64 version. This is a spoiler free review. To keep it as spoiler free as possible im going to be somewhat brief. This game is a perfect example of overcoming forces that you previously would not be able to overcome. its a"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time" I'm going to give this game as definitive of a review as possible for anyone on the fence, whether its the gamecube, 3ds or N64 version. This is a spoiler free review. To keep it as spoiler free as possible im going to be somewhat brief. This game is a perfect example of overcoming forces that you previously would not be able to overcome. its a story of triumph, much like any other zelda game. However, this one is special. Ocarina of Time is a pioneer of the genre. being arguably one of the most innovative games of all time being the first 3D Adventure game, as well as bringing Z-targeting to the table, that every game nowadays uses in one form or another. This game has a special way of immersing you into it and taking you for the rollercoaster the game is. Plot twists and all, If you even dare to consider yourself a gamer this is a must play, otherwise you are missing out on what will be known as the best game of all time for years to come. if a game is ever to come that is greater than that of Ocarina, i will be swept off my feet.

Conclusion: No matter what blocks you from playing this game, get through it. play it somehow one way or another. whether on the N64, Gamecube, Wii virtual console, 3DS anything. just please do not emulate this game because this is a game worthy of being paid for.
  33. Dec 27, 2014
    What can i say that hasnt already been said. The game is perfect it has no flaws what so ever. It was probably the most beautiful game ever also I think i speak to everyone when we one the game we cried at how great the ending was also the game was basically perfect.
  34. Dec 27, 2014
    where do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zeldawhere do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zelda theres no doubt this is the best game of all time 10 great fairys outta 10 Expand
  35. Dec 15, 2014
    Hablemos un poco de Mario 64... Como juego se ha convertido en un estandar y su historia, niveles y retos lo han vuelto sin duda en un juego inmortal... Ahora, que hacemos si colocamos todo esto en juego por segunda vez, pero en uno de Zelda? Sale el mejor juego de la historia.
  36. Dec 10, 2014
    This is one of the best games of all time. There isn't much else to be said about it. I'm sure every gamer has played this by now, and if you haven't. You need too. It doesn't even feel like it's aged poorly. I don't hand out 10s often, this game is well deserving of it. I wish I got into this as a kid.
  37. Dec 9, 2014
    without a doubt the best game ever made not just on the nostalgia factor but for the sheer fun that comes with exploring the vast world of hyrule! also modern gaming can take a leaf or 2 out of this game. Back when games were powered by a good script and story instead of being heavily relied on graphics.
  38. Dec 8, 2014
    This game ruins the greatest franchise, of all time, Velvet Sundown. The story, is absolute nonsense, gameplay? No existant. and on top of that there's mario characters I'm a Starfox game. This is a disgrace to games in general. Quirky but terrible. 12/10
  39. Dec 2, 2014
    This is the best game the human intellect will ever produce. A trully remarakable masterpiece, simply the greatest videogame of all time. No other game can surpass this perfection
  40. Nov 28, 2014
    Besides lack of replay value this game is astonishing it has such a great story line its one of the Zelda games that I will rank along with Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Majora's mask.
    This game set the stage for Windwaker and has a dynamic serious world full of interesting enemies characters puzzles items and more.
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game with great atmosphere and a mysterious story.
    The only Zelda game I would rate significantly higher in terms of construction would be a Link to the Past now that game was INCREDIBLE now I know that you would think that this game would not have good replay value but it DOES because a Link to the past had all of the great story and characters with the GREATEST Zelda puzzles of ALL time its so great I have not beaten it since
  41. Nov 23, 2014
    There really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves usThere really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves us with a great mystery that would dwell within the minds of theorists until recently. Without this game, where would we be today? Ocarina of Time will forever endure as among video games' finest achievements. Expand
  42. Nov 22, 2014
    Simply an amazing game by any stretch. If you any sort of gamer, it is essential that you play this game. Playing this game is a great experience.I cannot express how well this set the groundbreaking for today's gaming world. PLAY IT.
  43. Nov 21, 2014
    Put simply I still have not played a game replicate the experience of Ocarina of Time and this remains a benchmark that has not been achieved again.
  44. Nov 19, 2014
    My all time favorite game. Played it back in 1998 on the N64 and boy it was amazing. Up to this day no game left a bigger impression on me than OoT. A true masterpiece. Even 16 years later I still cherish it for what it was back then (damn I feel old now).
  45. Nov 14, 2014
    maybe its just me but i find this game to not be that fun i know i did not enjoy playing it, i would like to hear why so many people think its the best game of all time to me it is just not fun the game play is not that great the story bad nothing good in this game
  46. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever made. This was nintendos first step into 3d with zelda and the result was perfect. The dungeons have great layouts. The bosses are fun. A game that everyone should play. Its 10 out of 10
  47. Nov 11, 2014
    I can understand that you don't love this game because it's not your type of game. If you prefer FPS above a good old Action-Adventure game, ok fine. It's your choice if you want to buy this. But if you just slap a rating on this game without even knowing what this game is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64 but you can also play it on an emulator which is sadly not that awesome. This game is probably one of the best LoZ games of all time and could even get the title of best video game of all time!
    If you love the fantasy genre and if you love action-adventure games, you should check this game out because you will have a load of fun with this masterpiece.
  48. Nov 7, 2014
    10/10 means the best game you've ever seen. You could only give one game in history 10/10 and let me tell you this one is it. Fantastic level design, great graphics for the time, great story line, excellent camera and controls, excellent game play and challenging puzzles make this game head and shoulders ahead of any other
  49. Nov 6, 2014
    What a fantastic game! The gameplay is highly addictive, characters are memorable because of it's own personality, greatly designed temples, and Perfect music!

If you want a story with many exciting parts, then this is a must-try game!
  50. Nov 5, 2014
    The best game of all time by some length! Amazing story, loveable characters, true game progression. I've loved and love all the Zelda games but this is still by far the best!
  51. Nov 5, 2014
    its fun.................................................................................................................................................
  52. Nov 5, 2014
    Wow, where to begin. I'll start off by saying this game was simply amazing. It's not very difficult but it can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing, though you will learn. I play this game several times a year, and we're in 2014 now so that should speak volumes. One thing though is I play it on SNES, not N64. Though it's all the same, just with N64 you get better graphics.Wow, where to begin. I'll start off by saying this game was simply amazing. It's not very difficult but it can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing, though you will learn. I play this game several times a year, and we're in 2014 now so that should speak volumes. One thing though is I play it on SNES, not N64. Though it's all the same, just with N64 you get better graphics. This has to be one of the best video games ever made period. I mean look, with a critic score of 99, that should give you a hint as well as with a high user score. This is a classic so you definitely have to play it. Expand
  53. Oct 31, 2014
    If this is not the best game of all time is at least the best game of the Zelda series.
    Dungeons have a real difficulty to the player without being repetitive , and each offer a specific theme challenge.
    As for the music, they are very catchy and represent the game well and the different levels and situations. The optional quests are very well thought out and offer even more life. The
    The optional quests are very well thought out and offer even more life.
    The graphics are innovative for the time, although they have grown older.
    This game deserves its rating, 10/10.
  54. Oct 21, 2014
    It is just so nostalgic and good! With highs, and lows, surprises, and achievements! Best game ever! My childhood would've not been the same. This was the game that got me into the series, and there's no going back!
  55. Oct 21, 2014
    I play this game on the old N64 at least once every year. Amazing game! If for some reason you haven't played this game, PLAY IT!!!! This game has unforgettable puzzles and places.
  56. Oct 20, 2014
    THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. PERIOD. I have played videogames since I was 3 and I have never played anything that can even compare to this.
  57. Oct 19, 2014
    this is the best zelda game ever made if you love zelda you should get this game the level in this game has the best puzzle in a zelda game you will fall in love withs game
  58. Oct 16, 2014
    Pure magic in every way.
    Spiritually atmospheric, emotional, mysterious, challenging, dark and musical.
    This game has everything in it and one of my biggest inspirations. Because of this, I have loved every other Zelda title, especially Majora's Mask. I can't say any Zelda game is bad because of the reputation this gave to the franchise, and they are all quite similar. I can only say
    Pure magic in every way.
    Spiritually atmospheric, emotional, mysterious, challenging, dark and musical.
    This game has everything in it and one of my biggest inspirations.
    I can't say any Zelda game is bad because of the reputation this gave to the franchise, and they are all quite similar. I can only say "this could be better" but the game is amazing.

I could go on. This game is a gem. I'll end it with that.
  59. Oct 13, 2014
    The game is good, but for some reason I never managed to get into it as much as to other 3D Zelda games (maybe except Wind Waker). I played Majora's Mask before OoT and found it better in all aspects. The story and dungeons in this game are not bad at all, but I always felt like something was missing from the game. Nevertheless, the game is still really good.
  60. Oct 12, 2014
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a classic game that early gamers can learn on. It's difficulty level progresses slowly at first, but in a couple days you're trying to win Epona and are defeating the Phantom Gandoff. Also the game includes many great songs and has sufficient graphics! Online, many gamers say Legend of Zelda is the best. I agree! Think we're wrong? Play it yourself andLegend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a classic game that early gamers can learn on. It's difficulty level progresses slowly at first, but in a couple days you're trying to win Epona and are defeating the Phantom Gandoff. Also the game includes many great songs and has sufficient graphics! Online, many gamers say Legend of Zelda is the best. I agree! Think we're wrong? Play it yourself and you'll see why gamers everywhere are still raving about this amazing game! Expand
  61. Oct 6, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of the first games in which i picked up for the Nintendo 64 and continue to have it to this day, is an essential to the collection as it is, simply put, a masterpiece and really the centerpiece of excellence in the gaming industry at the time, Zelda really started my love for the Action-Adventure genre as it immersed the user in a world ofThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of the first games in which i picked up for the Nintendo 64 and continue to have it to this day, is an essential to the collection as it is, simply put, a masterpiece and really the centerpiece of excellence in the gaming industry at the time, Zelda really started my love for the Action-Adventure genre as it immersed the user in a world of fantasy, the one thing i truly love and appreciate about this game was the soundtrack and sound effects, for example there was nothing more satisfying than collecting jems and breaking jars, as well as fighting scenes when music picked up a notch. This game was one of the first games in which i actually experienced the use of music to submerge the user into the fantasy world. Really just a beautiful story and really truely a masterpiece at the time. Expand
  62. Sep 27, 2014
    wtf valve this isnt call of duty 9 i tried to quick scope with friends and set up trick shots but it said FaZe.exe was not running properly wtf 0/10 worst game ever
  63. Sep 25, 2014
    This is arguably the best entry in the Zelda series and possibly one of the greatest video games of all time. Its new 3D world opened so many new possibilities for graphics, puzzles, and items. The game is relatively difficult, so experienced gamers should find a challenge towards the end of the game, but newcomers won't be too intimidated. The dungeons are very beautifully andThis is arguably the best entry in the Zelda series and possibly one of the greatest video games of all time. Its new 3D world opened so many new possibilities for graphics, puzzles, and items. The game is relatively difficult, so experienced gamers should find a challenge towards the end of the game, but newcomers won't be too intimidated. The dungeons are very beautifully and interestingly designed; they hold some quite difficult puzzles that are fun to figure out. Expand
  64. Sep 24, 2014
    I know over 54 glitches and this is my favorite console game I ever played in my life! My second favorite game is League of Legends and its a 5.7 user score which sucks!
  65. Sep 20, 2014
    I've played many classic games in my life which includes: Metroid Prime, RE4, Mario Galaxy series, GTA games (not really classics in my opinion), Mass Effect 2, and other Zeldas and to this day, nothing still holds a candle to this game. This game is on a tier of its own, 20 years down the road and we're still talking about it.
  66. Sep 10, 2014
    Zelda OT was the game that ruined you. It set the standard. It explains why so many games today fail to be interesting or even entertaining. In fact, Zelda OT was the game I compared every single game I played to.
  67. Sep 9, 2014
    The game that really deserves "Best game ever" title, I got this when I was 13, it was such an awesome game, my best friend and I played it non-stop the entire weekend. I have never enjoyed a game at the same level since.
  68. Sep 3, 2014
    The legendary title in the legendary series. (ADMIT IT, IT'S NOT THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVER) But it was certainly perfect at the time of its release. 10/10 Game of 1998.
  69. Sep 2, 2014
    i love this game it has the best soundtrack in the zelda franchise good gameplay and good story
    but i feel its a bit overrated because i felt something missing and hyrule field felt empty
  70. Aug 28, 2014
    Ocarina of Time isn't as good as A Link to the Past, but does that mean it's a bad game? No. Ocarina of Time is still the masterpiece that it is. In everything, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the music, oh man the music, the characters, the atmosphere, the depth of the game. It was made in 1998 and it still holds up pretty well, there are a lot of secrets hidden around, there isOcarina of Time isn't as good as A Link to the Past, but does that mean it's a bad game? No. Ocarina of Time is still the masterpiece that it is. In everything, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the music, oh man the music, the characters, the atmosphere, the depth of the game. It was made in 1998 and it still holds up pretty well, there are a lot of secrets hidden around, there is that sense of purpose that keeps you going even if you're stuck in the Water Temple. I don't recommend this to gamers, to Nintendo fans, or to Zelda maniacs. When I talk with anyone about games, Ocarina of Time should be there. 10/10. Play it and play every Zelda game, they're just as great as OoT! Expand
  71. Aug 23, 2014
    this truly is the best game ever. its perfect. no flaws (unless you knit pick about link gaining pants :p) anyone who says it is not a 10 is trolling! outstanding, perfect, and better then any other game! The twists, the greatness, the game play, and the puzzles! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. perfect no matter how long it is no matter what is released this will be better then any zelda game, anythis truly is the best game ever. its perfect. no flaws (unless you knit pick about link gaining pants :p) anyone who says it is not a 10 is trolling! outstanding, perfect, and better then any other game! The twists, the greatness, the game play, and the puzzles! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. perfect no matter how long it is no matter what is released this will be better then any zelda game, any nintendo game, any video game, and heck; better then any form of entertainment made. truly a masterpiece and it is what makes the gaming world what it is today. but those games today will never achieve what ocarina of time did. perfection. no game is of a masterpiece as ocarina of time. no game will ever be perfect like this one. Expand
  72. Aug 22, 2014
    This is perfection, perfect gameplay, perfect presentation,it rewards you with you exploring, perfect length and side missions it's that good go get it
  73. Aug 19, 2014
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest Nintendo game ever made! Now if you think i'm some wacko who thinks every game is good, i'm NOT. Ocarina brings the innovative Zelda name to the innovative Nintendo 64, which is known for INNOVATION. This game proves that people like Halo or Resident Evil don't need to change the way they make their games to cash in on the success on Call ofLegend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest Nintendo game ever made! Now if you think i'm some wacko who thinks every game is good, i'm NOT. Ocarina brings the innovative Zelda name to the innovative Nintendo 64, which is known for INNOVATION. This game proves that people like Halo or Resident Evil don't need to change the way they make their games to cash in on the success on Call of Duty( even though personally, I do enjoy the Black ops story arc ). Even though it only sold 7.6 million copies ( which is not much compared to Call of Duty ) it is still frankly The greatest Nintendo game and maybe the best game EVAR made. Expand
  74. Aug 16, 2014
    Without a doubt the greatest game to have ever graced the cartridge format, any score under 10 is an insult to the video game industry. This game is proof that video games are a form of art with its outstanding graphics (for the time) and innovating gameplay. This game alone is a reason to get an n64. The game still holds up to the newest zeldas and surpasses even twilight princess. ItWithout a doubt the greatest game to have ever graced the cartridge format, any score under 10 is an insult to the video game industry. This game is proof that video games are a form of art with its outstanding graphics (for the time) and innovating gameplay. This game alone is a reason to get an n64. The game still holds up to the newest zeldas and surpasses even twilight princess. It would not be stretch to put this game up next to other greatest games of time Expand
  75. Aug 14, 2014
    Best (Zelda) game of all time and one great childhood memory. The mixture of story, fighting, exploring and puzzles is just perfect. If you missed that game I feel really sorry for you.
  76. Aug 7, 2014
    O melhor jogo de todos os tempos da historia deste planeta Terra!!!!!!!
    Não importa oque dizem sobre os pontos chatos como a nave de tão épico que é isso quase nem faz efeito nenhum na avaliação do game
  77. Aug 6, 2014
    Despite being released over 15 years ago, OoT is still considered the greatest Zelda game, with Zelda: Link to the Past a close 2nd.

The dungeons and puzzle designs were smart and epic. (Who could forget the twisted corridor in the Forest Temple, the mirror puzzles in the Spirit Temple, or the dreaded well). No level or side quest felt like a chore. The boss (Dark Link, Phantom Ganon, Twinrova to name a few) fights were all unique.

Most of all, the ocarina songs were all memorable and much better than the ones in the newer games. I still remember most of them.

Easy 10/10
  78. egg
    Aug 5, 2014
    Brilliant game. Incredible story. Excellent game play. Defining. Not the best game ever. Not the best Zelda game. Definitely recommend, however it's not as good as everyone says. 9/10 purely because it's overhyped, and other Zelda games are better (Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask). Definitely great and better than 99% of all games out there.
  79. Aug 3, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is and will always be my favorite game of all time just everything about the game is perfect the bosses, the music, the story, the characters, and the gameplay.
  80. Jul 29, 2014
    its perfect the most amazing game ever made the grafics,sound,history ,characters is simply perfect nintendo made not only a best game ever made but made a true legend
  81. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I stillThe best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I still recommend it for anyone that likes games. BEST GAME EVER! Expand
  82. Jul 22, 2014
    Anyone who doesn't love this game doesn't know a masterpiece when they see one. This game is the greatest game of all time, in my opinion. I can compare this game to Grand Theft Auto Five, both of which I have played and beaten multiple times. When playing GTA V I don't feel like I am truly connecting to the characters like I do in OoT. When plaing OoT I feel like I am a part of Link'sAnyone who doesn't love this game doesn't know a masterpiece when they see one. This game is the greatest game of all time, in my opinion. I can compare this game to Grand Theft Auto Five, both of which I have played and beaten multiple times. When playing GTA V I don't feel like I am truly connecting to the characters like I do in OoT. When plaing OoT I feel like I am a part of Link's adventure in Hyrule, I feel like I have really been to Hyrule. OoT offers just the right amount of emotions making it the greatest game of all time. After beating the game and seeing the final cutscene in Hyrule Casltle, 7 years before the adventure began, I feel like I truly experienced an adventuer in Hyrule. Expand
  83. Jul 20, 2014
    This is without a doubt the best video game in history, it did so many things that other games and franchises adapted thus changing the industry forever, there is no reason not to play this game as it holds up very well today as it did when it came out nearly 16 years ago.
  84. Jul 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's simple, we're in year 2014, I've just finished this game and all I have to say is: THEY WERE RIGHT,THIS IS THE BEST GAME OF THE HISTORY, the graphics (for 1998), the history, the MUSIC, the dungeons and quests, all is perfect, every character in this virtual world exists for something, they're not just people that fill a world (like most of the actual games), this is the best "open world" ever, even it isn´t considered an open world. 10/10 just because I can't evaluate it with an 11. Expand
  85. Jul 8, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is no less than the greatest game ever made in my opinion. It is, and probably always will be, my favorite video game. I first played this when I was 7 and since then I have probably beaten this game close to 20 times and every time I play it, I still love it. The songs are unforgettable, the dungeons are spectacular (even the Water Temple), and theThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is no less than the greatest game ever made in my opinion. It is, and probably always will be, my favorite video game. I first played this when I was 7 and since then I have probably beaten this game close to 20 times and every time I play it, I still love it. The songs are unforgettable, the dungeons are spectacular (even the Water Temple), and the characters are great. This game set the standard for all those after it; the best Zelda game and the best action-adventure game ever. Games today cannot compare to Ocarina of Time. Expand
  86. Jun 30, 2014
    Ahh the memories, I can't really write an in depth review on this one due to just how long ago it was I played this but I can remember absolutely loving it. I've not really got into a Zelda game since (I'm more of a Mario man really) but this was the first time a video-game really immersed me in a story. I was challenged and wowed on every corner and will always remember this as one of theAhh the memories, I can't really write an in depth review on this one due to just how long ago it was I played this but I can remember absolutely loving it. I've not really got into a Zelda game since (I'm more of a Mario man really) but this was the first time a video-game really immersed me in a story. I was challenged and wowed on every corner and will always remember this as one of the highlights of my video-game career. The music still gives me goosebumps, taking me back to when I used to play this as a wee nipper. A beautiful game and thoroughly deserving of the praise it keeps on getting. Expand
  87. Jun 29, 2014
    This game has helped shape the gaming industry, with new game mechanics like Z targeting and the amount of world you can make. Along with "Half Life" showed that games can be works of art, even surpassing books and movies, with the use of great scenery and story telling. People today criticize this game saying it is overrated and we only like it because of our nostalgia. Honestly they areThis game has helped shape the gaming industry, with new game mechanics like Z targeting and the amount of world you can make. Along with "Half Life" showed that games can be works of art, even surpassing books and movies, with the use of great scenery and story telling. People today criticize this game saying it is overrated and we only like it because of our nostalgia. Honestly they are sort of corrected, but they forget about the time period this game came out there was nothing like it and even today we still see ideas take from it into future games. This game features some of the most memorable soundtracks of all time. Most gamers can identify almost any song played from this game. Also this was one of the best games during the era. Including some of the best dungeons and bosses of any of the other games. Overall if you never played this game you really should, but remember you have to keep in mind that this game is almost sixteen years old. If you can keep that in mind it is one of the best gaming experiences ever created. Expand
  88. Jun 25, 2014
    Ic zér só gut ez egy nagyon kifinumult jatek lehet regi de azert sukar de ráadásul nem is rossz érted vegyed megfele ... most azonnal mert ezegy regi jatek de joooo
  89. Jun 19, 2014
    There's a reason this is considered by many as the greatest game of all time. It is not only the quintessential zelda game, but the greatest adventure ever created.
  90. Jun 5, 2014
    This is the game that really got me into video games in the first place. It will forever be one of the greatest masterpieces of all time. It has everything you could ever want; fighting, collecting, puzzles, leveling up, dungeons, mini-games, a good story, and creative characters. If you haven't played it, you haven't truly lived. It's the best.
  91. May 30, 2014
    Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series,Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series, (Twilight Princess and Windwaker) were much better, Ocarina of Time feels linear, the puzzles are easy, the temples are uncreative and the game just doesn’t pull me in and get me hokked on it like TP or WW, so to be honest, Ocatina of Time is really, really overated. Expand
  92. May 29, 2014
    BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. I have speed runed it on a crazy time. i have finished it 50 times + not even kidding. it's soo damn good. it's even better than conker's bad fur day!!
  93. May 25, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

The best game ever. It´s a pure state of art, gorgeous level design, breathtaking sound and pure magic. Thank you Miyamoto.
  94. May 22, 2014
    Anyone who gives this game anything but a perfect 10 is a dirty troll. This is the highest rated game ever, and for good reason. It lasts a long time (which many modern games don't), looked good for its day, and stands the test of time better than any other game in existence. This is the greatest game ever made.
  95. May 22, 2014
    Legendary of course. I love this game no matter how much old it is. Every element of this game is very balanced and fun. Story and those silent character with amazing expressions are truly impressive. I dream it on PC with ultra tech graphics
  96. May 20, 2014
    It came late at the en of 1998 but the game showed modeling superiority over metal gear solid and many other games that came out that year. The graphic detail were amazing; artistic but not the best compare to Banjo Kazooie and sill manages to get a perfect score on graphics. The unique targeting system inspire many games on to the future, using it to attack was oth innovative and uniqueIt came late at the en of 1998 but the game showed modeling superiority over metal gear solid and many other games that came out that year. The graphic detail were amazing; artistic but not the best compare to Banjo Kazooie and sill manages to get a perfect score on graphics. The unique targeting system inspire many games on to the future, using it to attack was oth innovative and unique creating tension to the difficult enemies. The camera showed improvements of viewing the setting of the game but it lack in some places of the game to show the very feet of LINK making it difficult to fight when you are on the edge of a rock, etc. But I both criticize the climbing to be bad to prevent a hit from an obstacle or enemy but also like it from showing the A button to climb a very innovative game indeed. Plus the 60 hour long game makes you forgive th game from not speaking it's a great adventure recommended for children tha like puzzles and swords I GAVE IT GAME OF THE YEAR= 9.255 by a close call to METAL GEAR 9.254. Expand
  97. May 1, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a gorgeous master piece that can be played again and again. In the land of Hyrule, you, as a young boy, discover that your destiny is greater than most. As you venture out to save Hyrule, many obstacles, enemies, and puzzles with confront you on your quest.

Ocarina of Time is a true treasure in the gaming world. Some moments of it seem awkward, but with those aside, it truly stands as one of the best games ever made. At the time, with it's graphics, game play and story, it truly did stand above the rest. And today, it still does. Challenging, puzzling, and fun. The Legend of Zelda series is a beautiful series, and this game is the pinnacle of that treasure. The story is brilliant, game play is easy to learn and has a high replay value. Ten out of ten.
  98. May 1, 2014
    Games can't get as good as this, and beats most of the new games. For any retro gamer, this game would be one that you will be playing again and again. A masterpiece of gaming and art.
  99. Apr 28, 2014
    This is an awesome game and will always be my favorite game. no matter how many times i play it. I don't care what you think but i love the graphics. I think the remake for the 3Ds suck(In my opinion).
  100. Apr 25, 2014
    TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen

This is, without a doubt, one of the all-time greatest games made. 50 years from now people will still be playing and enjoying this game... thoroughly.
  2. This Zelda adventure will undoubtedly withstand the test of time and take its place as one of the best games to ever grace a home system.
  3. My favorite game of all Time. It is the perfect example of a perfect and polished game. Every aspect of the game is virtually flawless.