9.2

Universal acclaim- based on 2089 Ratings

1. Dec 15, 2014
    Hablemos un poco de Mario 64... Como juego se ha convertido en un estandar y su historia, niveles y retos lo han vuelto sin duda en un juego inmortal... Ahora, que hacemos si colocamos todo esto en juego por segunda vez, pero en uno de Zelda? Sale el mejor juego de la historia.
  2. Dec 10, 2014
    This is one of the best games of all time. There isn't much else to be said about it. I'm sure every gamer has played this by now, and if you haven't. You need too. It doesn't even feel like it's aged poorly. I don't hand out 10s often, this game is well deserving of it. I wish I got into this as a kid.
  3. Dec 9, 2014
    without a doubt the best game ever made not just on the nostalgia factor but for the sheer fun that comes with exploring the vast world of hyrule! also modern gaming can take a leaf or 2 out of this game. Back when games were powered by a good script and story instead of being heavily relied on graphics.
  4. Dec 8, 2014
    This game ruins the greatest franchise, of all time, Velvet Sundown. The story, is absolute nonsense, gameplay? No existant. and on top of that there's mario characters I'm a Starfox game. This is a disgrace to games in general. Quirky but terrible. 12/10
  5. Dec 2, 2014
    This is the best game the human intellect will ever produce. A trully remarakable masterpiece, simply the greatest videogame of all time. No other game can surpass this perfection
  6. Nov 28, 2014
    Besides lack of replay value this game is astonishing it has such a great story line its one of the Zelda games that I will rank along with Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Majora's mask.
    This game set the stage for Windwaker and has a dynamic serious world full of interesting enemies characters puzzles items and more.
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game with great atmosphere and a mysterious story.
    The only Zelda game I would rate significantly higher in terms of construction would be a Link to the Past now that game was INCREDIBLE now I know that you would think that this game would not have good replay value but it DOES because a Link to the past had all of the great story and characters with the GREATEST Zelda puzzles of ALL time its so great I have not beaten it since
  7. Nov 23, 2014
    There really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves usThere really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves us with a great mystery that would dwell within the minds of theorists until recently. Without this game, where would we be today? Ocarina of Time will forever endure as among video games' finest achievements. Expand
  8. Nov 22, 2014
    Simply an amazing game by any stretch. If you any sort of gamer, it is essential that you play this game. Playing this game is a great experience.I cannot express how well this set the groundbreaking for today's gaming world. PLAY IT.
  9. Nov 21, 2014
    Put simply I still have not played a game replicate the experience of Ocarina of Time and this remains a benchmark that has not been achieved again.
  10. Nov 19, 2014
    My all time favorite game. Played it back in 1998 on the N64 and boy it was amazing. Up to this day no game left a bigger impression on me than OoT. A true masterpiece. Even 16 years later I still cherish it for what it was back then (damn I feel old now).
  11. Nov 14, 2014
    maybe its just me but i find this game to not be that fun i know i did not enjoy playing it, i would like to hear why so many people think its the best game of all time to me it is just not fun the game play is not that great the story bad nothing good in this game
  12. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever made. This was nintendos first step into 3d with zelda and the result was perfect. The dungeons have great layouts. The bosses are fun. A game that everyone should play. Its 10 out of 10
  13. Nov 11, 2014
    I can understand that you don't love this game because it's not your type of game. If you prefer FPS above a good old Action-Adventure game, ok fine. It's your choice if you want to buy this. But if you just slap a rating on this game without even knowing what this game is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64 but you can also play it on an emulator which is sadly not that awesome. This game is probably one of the best LoZ games of all time and could even get the title of best video game of all time!
    If you love the fantasy genre and if you love action-adventure games, you should check this game out because you will have a load of fun with this masterpiece.
  14. Nov 7, 2014
    10/10 means the best game you've ever seen. You could only give one game in history 10/10 and let me tell you this one is it. Fantastic level design, great graphics for the time, great story line, excellent camera and controls, excellent game play and challenging puzzles make this game head and shoulders ahead of any other
  15. Nov 6, 2014
    What a fantastic game! The gameplay is highly addictive, characters are memorable because of it's own personality, greatly designed temples, and Perfect music!

If you want a story with many exciting parts, then this is a must-try game!
  16. Nov 5, 2014
    The best game of all time by some length! Amazing story, loveable characters, true game progression. I've loved and love all the Zelda games but this is still by far the best!
  17. Nov 5, 2014
    its fun.................................................................................................................................................
  18. Nov 5, 2014
    Wow, where to begin. I'll start off by saying this game was simply amazing. It's not very difficult but it can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing, though you will learn. I play this game several times a year, and we're in 2014 now so that should speak volumes. One thing though is I play it on SNES, not N64. Though it's all the same, just with N64 you get better graphics.Wow, where to begin. I'll start off by saying this game was simply amazing. It's not very difficult but it can be challenging if you don't know what you're doing, though you will learn. I play this game several times a year, and we're in 2014 now so that should speak volumes. One thing though is I play it on SNES, not N64. Though it's all the same, just with N64 you get better graphics. This has to be one of the best video games ever made period. I mean look, with a critic score of 99, that should give you a hint as well as with a high user score. This is a classic so you definitely have to play it. Expand
  19. Oct 31, 2014
    If this is not the best game of all time is at least the best game of the Zelda series.
    Dungeons have a real difficulty to the player without being repetitive , and each offer a specific theme challenge.
    As for the music, they are very catchy and represent the game well and the different levels and situations. The optional quests are very well thought out and offer even more life. The
    The optional quests are very well thought out and offer even more life.
    The graphics are innovative for the time, although they have grown older.
    This game deserves its rating, 10/10.
  20. Oct 25, 2014
    I'm going to get so much hate but this is easily the most over rated game of all time. It is filled with flaws and does not deserve a 10/10 at all. Camera angle was annoying at times. Also this game is super linear it is a game about exploring and that is something you don't do. Also people say how beautiful the game is they are nostalgia blind it was good for its time but can't hold upI'm going to get so much hate but this is easily the most over rated game of all time. It is filled with flaws and does not deserve a 10/10 at all. Camera angle was annoying at times. Also this game is super linear it is a game about exploring and that is something you don't do. Also people say how beautiful the game is they are nostalgia blind it was good for its time but can't hold up today. For a more in depth Analysis of the game go check this guy on youtube named egoraptor. You need to watch his video if you are considering getting this game I wish I would've because i would've saved me 30$ because I did not find any joy out of this game. Saying it is FLAWLESS is ridiculous if you see someone who says that, that means that have not played this game in 20 years or ever. This game does have its charms like the music but the gameplay is glitchy and disengages you from the exploration. Traveling was annoying the story...... Well it is a legend of Zelda game what would expect it is boring. The very first legend of Zelda game is better since there is exploration and none of it is linear this game takes what makes a legend of Zelda game fun and gets rid of it. Rent this game or just avoid it. This review was made by a gamer who isn't driven by nostalgia like 90% of the people who say this game is a masterpiece because it is far from it Expand
  21. Oct 21, 2014
    It is just so nostalgic and good! With highs, and lows, surprises, and achievements! Best game ever! My childhood would've not been the same. This was the game that got me into the series, and there's no going back!
  22. Oct 21, 2014
    I play this game on the old N64 at least once every year. Amazing game! If for some reason you haven't played this game, PLAY IT!!!! This game has unforgettable puzzles and places.
  23. Oct 20, 2014
    THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME YOU WILL EVER PLAY IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. PERIOD. I have played videogames since I was 3 and I have never played anything that can even compare to this.
  24. Oct 19, 2014
    this is the best zelda game ever made if you love zelda you should get this game the level in this game has the best puzzle in a zelda game you will fall in love withs game
  25. Oct 16, 2014
    Pure magic in every way.
    Spiritually atmospheric, emotional, mysterious, challenging, dark and musical.
    This game has everything in it and one of my biggest inspirations. Because of this, I have loved every other Zelda title, especially Majora's Mask. I can't say any Zelda game is bad because of the reputation this gave to the franchise, and they are all quite similar. I can only say
    Pure magic in every way.
    Spiritually atmospheric, emotional, mysterious, challenging, dark and musical.
    This game has everything in it and one of my biggest inspirations.
    I can't say any Zelda game is bad because of the reputation this gave to the franchise, and they are all quite similar. I can only say "this could be better" but the game is amazing.

I could go on. This game is a gem. I'll end it with that.
  26. Oct 13, 2014
    The game is good, but for some reason I never managed to get into it as much as to other 3D Zelda games (maybe except Wind Waker). I played Majora's Mask before OoT and found it better in all aspects. The story and dungeons in this game are not bad at all, but I always felt like something was missing from the game. Nevertheless, the game is still really good.
  27. Oct 12, 2014
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a classic game that early gamers can learn on. It's difficulty level progresses slowly at first, but in a couple days you're trying to win Epona and are defeating the Phantom Gandoff. Also the game includes many great songs and has sufficient graphics! Online, many gamers say Legend of Zelda is the best. I agree! Think we're wrong? Play it yourself andLegend of Zelda Ocarina of Time is a classic game that early gamers can learn on. It's difficulty level progresses slowly at first, but in a couple days you're trying to win Epona and are defeating the Phantom Gandoff. Also the game includes many great songs and has sufficient graphics! Online, many gamers say Legend of Zelda is the best. I agree! Think we're wrong? Play it yourself and you'll see why gamers everywhere are still raving about this amazing game! Expand
  28. Oct 6, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of the first games in which i picked up for the Nintendo 64 and continue to have it to this day, is an essential to the collection as it is, simply put, a masterpiece and really the centerpiece of excellence in the gaming industry at the time, Zelda really started my love for the Action-Adventure genre as it immersed the user in a world ofThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was one of the first games in which i picked up for the Nintendo 64 and continue to have it to this day, is an essential to the collection as it is, simply put, a masterpiece and really the centerpiece of excellence in the gaming industry at the time, Zelda really started my love for the Action-Adventure genre as it immersed the user in a world of fantasy, the one thing i truly love and appreciate about this game was the soundtrack and sound effects, for example there was nothing more satisfying than collecting jems and breaking jars, as well as fighting scenes when music picked up a notch. This game was one of the first games in which i actually experienced the use of music to submerge the user into the fantasy world. Really just a beautiful story and really truely a masterpiece at the time. Expand
  29. Sep 27, 2014
    wtf valve this isnt call of duty 9 i tried to quick scope with friends and set up trick shots but it said FaZe.exe was not running properly wtf 0/10 worst game ever
  30. Sep 25, 2014
    This is arguably the best entry in the Zelda series and possibly one of the greatest video games of all time. Its new 3D world opened so many new possibilities for graphics, puzzles, and items. The game is relatively difficult, so experienced gamers should find a challenge towards the end of the game, but newcomers won't be too intimidated. The dungeons are very beautifully andThis is arguably the best entry in the Zelda series and possibly one of the greatest video games of all time. Its new 3D world opened so many new possibilities for graphics, puzzles, and items. The game is relatively difficult, so experienced gamers should find a challenge towards the end of the game, but newcomers won't be too intimidated. The dungeons are very beautifully and interestingly designed; they hold some quite difficult puzzles that are fun to figure out. Expand
  31. Sep 24, 2014
    I know over 54 glitches and this is my favorite console game I ever played in my life! My second favorite game is League of Legends and its a 5.7 user score which sucks!
  32. Sep 20, 2014
    I've played many classic games in my life which includes: Metroid Prime, RE4, Mario Galaxy series, GTA games (not really classics in my opinion), Mass Effect 2, and other Zeldas and to this day, nothing still holds a candle to this game. This game is on a tier of its own, 20 years down the road and we're still talking about it.
  33. Sep 10, 2014
    Zelda OT was the game that ruined you. It set the standard. It explains why so many games today fail to be interesting or even entertaining. In fact, Zelda OT was the game I compared every single game I played to.
  34. Sep 9, 2014
    The game that really deserves "Best game ever" title, I got this when I was 13, it was such an awesome game, my best friend and I played it non-stop the entire weekend. I have never enjoyed a game at the same level since.
  35. Sep 3, 2014
    The legendary title in the legendary series. (ADMIT IT, IT'S NOT THE BEST ZELDA GAME EVER) But it was certainly perfect at the time of its release. 10/10 Game of 1998.
  36. Sep 2, 2014
    i love this game it has the best soundtrack in the zelda franchise good gameplay and good story
    but i feel its a bit overrated because i felt something missing and hyrule field felt empty
  37. Aug 28, 2014
    Ocarina of Time isn't as good as A Link to the Past, but does that mean it's a bad game? No. Ocarina of Time is still the masterpiece that it is. In everything, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the music, oh man the music, the characters, the atmosphere, the depth of the game. It was made in 1998 and it still holds up pretty well, there are a lot of secrets hidden around, there isOcarina of Time isn't as good as A Link to the Past, but does that mean it's a bad game? No. Ocarina of Time is still the masterpiece that it is. In everything, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the music, oh man the music, the characters, the atmosphere, the depth of the game. It was made in 1998 and it still holds up pretty well, there are a lot of secrets hidden around, there is that sense of purpose that keeps you going even if you're stuck in the Water Temple. I don't recommend this to gamers, to Nintendo fans, or to Zelda maniacs. When I talk with anyone about games, Ocarina of Time should be there. 10/10. Play it and play every Zelda game, they're just as great as OoT! Expand
  38. Aug 23, 2014
    this truly is the best game ever. its perfect. no flaws (unless you knit pick about link gaining pants :p) anyone who says it is not a 10 is trolling! outstanding, perfect, and better then any other game! The twists, the greatness, the game play, and the puzzles! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. perfect no matter how long it is no matter what is released this will be better then any zelda game, anythis truly is the best game ever. its perfect. no flaws (unless you knit pick about link gaining pants :p) anyone who says it is not a 10 is trolling! outstanding, perfect, and better then any other game! The twists, the greatness, the game play, and the puzzles! EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. perfect no matter how long it is no matter what is released this will be better then any zelda game, any nintendo game, any video game, and heck; better then any form of entertainment made. truly a masterpiece and it is what makes the gaming world what it is today. but those games today will never achieve what ocarina of time did. perfection. no game is of a masterpiece as ocarina of time. no game will ever be perfect like this one. Expand
  39. Aug 22, 2014
    This is perfection, perfect gameplay, perfect presentation,it rewards you with you exploring, perfect length and side missions it's that good go get it
  40. Aug 19, 2014
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest Nintendo game ever made! Now if you think i'm some wacko who thinks every game is good, i'm NOT. Ocarina brings the innovative Zelda name to the innovative Nintendo 64, which is known for INNOVATION. This game proves that people like Halo or Resident Evil don't need to change the way they make their games to cash in on the success on Call ofLegend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest Nintendo game ever made! Now if you think i'm some wacko who thinks every game is good, i'm NOT. Ocarina brings the innovative Zelda name to the innovative Nintendo 64, which is known for INNOVATION. This game proves that people like Halo or Resident Evil don't need to change the way they make their games to cash in on the success on Call of Duty( even though personally, I do enjoy the Black ops story arc ). Even though it only sold 7.6 million copies ( which is not much compared to Call of Duty ) it is still frankly The greatest Nintendo game and maybe the best game EVAR made. Expand
  41. Aug 16, 2014
    Without a doubt the greatest game to have ever graced the cartridge format, any score under 10 is an insult to the video game industry. This game is proof that video games are a form of art with its outstanding graphics (for the time) and innovating gameplay. This game alone is a reason to get an n64. The game still holds up to the newest zeldas and surpasses even twilight princess. ItWithout a doubt the greatest game to have ever graced the cartridge format, any score under 10 is an insult to the video game industry. This game is proof that video games are a form of art with its outstanding graphics (for the time) and innovating gameplay. This game alone is a reason to get an n64. The game still holds up to the newest zeldas and surpasses even twilight princess. It would not be stretch to put this game up next to other greatest games of time Expand
  42. Aug 14, 2014
    Best (Zelda) game of all time and one great childhood memory. The mixture of story, fighting, exploring and puzzles is just perfect. If you missed that game I feel really sorry for you.
  43. Aug 7, 2014
    O melhor jogo de todos os tempos da historia deste planeta Terra!!!!!!!
    Não importa oque dizem sobre os pontos chatos como a nave de tão épico que é isso quase nem faz efeito nenhum na avaliação do game
  44. Aug 6, 2014
    Despite being released over 15 years ago, OoT is still considered the greatest Zelda game, with Zelda: Link to the Past a close 2nd.

The dungeons and puzzle designs were smart and epic. (Who could forget the twisted corridor in the Forest Temple, the mirror puzzles in the Spirit Temple, or the dreaded well). No level or side quest felt like a chore. The boss (Dark Link, Phantom Ganon, Twinrova to name a few) fights were all unique.

Most of all, the ocarina songs were all memorable and much better than the ones in the newer games. I still remember most of them.

Easy 10/10
  45. egg
    Aug 5, 2014
    Brilliant game. Incredible story. Excellent game play. Defining. Not the best game ever. Not the best Zelda game. Definitely recommend, however it's not as good as everyone says. 9/10 purely because it's overhyped, and other Zelda games are better (Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask). Definitely great and better than 99% of all games out there.
  46. Aug 3, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is and will always be my favorite game of all time just everything about the game is perfect the bosses, the music, the story, the characters, and the gameplay.
  47. Jul 29, 2014
    its perfect the most amazing game ever made the grafics,sound,history ,characters is simply perfect nintendo made not only a best game ever made but made a true legend
  48. Jul 24, 2014
    The best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I stillThe best game ever. Amazing history, amazing graphics for N64, amazing game-play, amazing difficult (yes, this is the bad news - water temple is nearly impossible - ok, it's not that much, but it's really hard). And what to say about the music of the game? I played this game for the first time on 1999 and I still can remember all songs! This game was an icon on my childhood and I still recommend it for anyone that likes games. BEST GAME EVER! Expand
  49. Jul 22, 2014
    Anyone who doesn't love this game doesn't know a masterpiece when they see one. This game is the greatest game of all time, in my opinion. I can compare this game to Grand Theft Auto Five, both of which I have played and beaten multiple times. When playing GTA V I don't feel like I am truly connecting to the characters like I do in OoT. When plaing OoT I feel like I am a part of Link'sAnyone who doesn't love this game doesn't know a masterpiece when they see one. This game is the greatest game of all time, in my opinion. I can compare this game to Grand Theft Auto Five, both of which I have played and beaten multiple times. When playing GTA V I don't feel like I am truly connecting to the characters like I do in OoT. When plaing OoT I feel like I am a part of Link's adventure in Hyrule, I feel like I have really been to Hyrule. OoT offers just the right amount of emotions making it the greatest game of all time. After beating the game and seeing the final cutscene in Hyrule Casltle, 7 years before the adventure began, I feel like I truly experienced an adventuer in Hyrule. Expand
  50. Jul 20, 2014
    This is without a doubt the best video game in history, it did so many things that other games and franchises adapted thus changing the industry forever, there is no reason not to play this game as it holds up very well today as it did when it came out nearly 16 years ago.
  51. Jul 16, 2014
    I'm going to get so much hate but this is easily the most over rated game of all time. It is filled with flaws and does not deserve a 10/10 at all. Camera angle was annoying at times. Also this game is super linear it is a game about exploring and that is something you don't do. Also people say how beautiful the game is they are nostalgia blind it was good for its time but can't hold upI'm going to get so much hate but this is easily the most over rated game of all time. It is filled with flaws and does not deserve a 10/10 at all. Camera angle was annoying at times. Also this game is super linear it is a game about exploring and that is something you don't do. Also people say how beautiful the game is they are nostalgia blind it was good for its time but can't hold up today. For a more in depth Analysis of the game go check this guy on youtube named egoraptor. You need to watch his video if you are considering getting this game I wish I would've because i would've saved me 30$ because I did not find any joy out of this game. Saying it is FLAWLESS is ridiculous if you see someone who says that, that means that have not played this game in 20 years or ever. This game does have its charms like the music but the gameplay is glitchy and disengages you from the exploration. Traveling was annoying the story...... Well it is a legend of Zelda game what would expect it is boring. The very first legend of Zelda game is better since there is exploration and none of it is linear this game takes what makes a legend of Zelda game fun and gets rid of it. Rent this game or just avoid it. This review was made by a gamer who isn't driven by nostalgia like 90% of the people who say this game is a masterpiece because it is far from it. Expand
  52. Jul 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's simple, we're in year 2014, I've just finished this game and all I have to say is: THEY WERE RIGHT,THIS IS THE BEST GAME OF THE HISTORY, the graphics (for 1998), the history, the MUSIC, the dungeons and quests, all is perfect, every character in this virtual world exists for something, they're not just people that fill a world (like most of the actual games), this is the best "open world" ever, even it isn´t considered an open world. 10/10 just because I can't evaluate it with an 11. Expand
  53. Jul 8, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is no less than the greatest game ever made in my opinion. It is, and probably always will be, my favorite video game. I first played this when I was 7 and since then I have probably beaten this game close to 20 times and every time I play it, I still love it. The songs are unforgettable, the dungeons are spectacular (even the Water Temple), and theThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is no less than the greatest game ever made in my opinion. It is, and probably always will be, my favorite video game. I first played this when I was 7 and since then I have probably beaten this game close to 20 times and every time I play it, I still love it. The songs are unforgettable, the dungeons are spectacular (even the Water Temple), and the characters are great. This game set the standard for all those after it; the best Zelda game and the best action-adventure game ever. Games today cannot compare to Ocarina of Time. Expand
  54. Jun 30, 2014
    Ahh the memories, I can't really write an in depth review on this one due to just how long ago it was I played this but I can remember absolutely loving it. I've not really got into a Zelda game since (I'm more of a Mario man really) but this was the first time a video-game really immersed me in a story. I was challenged and wowed on every corner and will always remember this as one of theAhh the memories, I can't really write an in depth review on this one due to just how long ago it was I played this but I can remember absolutely loving it. I've not really got into a Zelda game since (I'm more of a Mario man really) but this was the first time a video-game really immersed me in a story. I was challenged and wowed on every corner and will always remember this as one of the highlights of my video-game career. The music still gives me goosebumps, taking me back to when I used to play this as a wee nipper. A beautiful game and thoroughly deserving of the praise it keeps on getting. Expand
  55. Jun 29, 2014
    This game has helped shape the gaming industry, with new game mechanics like Z targeting and the amount of world you can make. Along with "Half Life" showed that games can be works of art, even surpassing books and movies, with the use of great scenery and story telling. People today criticize this game saying it is overrated and we only like it because of our nostalgia. Honestly they areThis game has helped shape the gaming industry, with new game mechanics like Z targeting and the amount of world you can make. Along with "Half Life" showed that games can be works of art, even surpassing books and movies, with the use of great scenery and story telling. People today criticize this game saying it is overrated and we only like it because of our nostalgia. Honestly they are sort of corrected, but they forget about the time period this game came out there was nothing like it and even today we still see ideas take from it into future games. This game features some of the most memorable soundtracks of all time. Most gamers can identify almost any song played from this game. Also this was one of the best games during the era. Including some of the best dungeons and bosses of any of the other games. Overall if you never played this game you really should, but remember you have to keep in mind that this game is almost sixteen years old. If you can keep that in mind it is one of the best gaming experiences ever created. Expand
  56. Jun 25, 2014
    Ic zér só gut ez egy nagyon kifinumult jatek lehet regi de azert sukar de ráadásul nem is rossz érted vegyed megfele ... most azonnal mert ezegy regi jatek de joooo
  57. Jun 19, 2014
    There's a reason this is considered by many as the greatest game of all time. It is not only the quintessential zelda game, but the greatest adventure ever created.
  58. Jun 5, 2014
    This is the game that really got me into video games in the first place. It will forever be one of the greatest masterpieces of all time. It has everything you could ever want; fighting, collecting, puzzles, leveling up, dungeons, mini-games, a good story, and creative characters. If you haven't played it, you haven't truly lived. It's the best.
  59. May 30, 2014
    Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series,Lots of Zelda fans claim Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda, if not the best game of all time, I strongly disagree, I played up until the Fire Temple and I just couldn't finish, the game itself was boring and the world ws empty, the only places that were there were places you needed to be for the main storyline, the game lacked in charm and felt dull and bland. My favorites in the series, (Twilight Princess and Windwaker) were much better, Ocarina of Time feels linear, the puzzles are easy, the temples are uncreative and the game just doesn’t pull me in and get me hokked on it like TP or WW, so to be honest, Ocatina of Time is really, really overated. Expand
  60. May 29, 2014
    BEST GAME OF ALL TIME. I have speed runed it on a crazy time. i have finished it 50 times + not even kidding. it's soo damn good. it's even better than conker's bad fur day!!
  61. May 25, 2014
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 10 Gameplay: 10 Fun/Story: 10

The best game ever. It´s a pure state of art, gorgeous level design, breathtaking sound and pure magic. Thank you Miyamoto.
  62. May 22, 2014
    Anyone who gives this game anything but a perfect 10 is a dirty troll. This is the highest rated game ever, and for good reason. It lasts a long time (which many modern games don't), looked good for its day, and stands the test of time better than any other game in existence. This is the greatest game ever made.
  63. May 22, 2014
    Legendary of course. I love this game no matter how much old it is. Every element of this game is very balanced and fun. Story and those silent character with amazing expressions are truly impressive. I dream it on PC with ultra tech graphics
  64. May 20, 2014
    It came late at the en of 1998 but the game showed modeling superiority over metal gear solid and many other games that came out that year. The graphic detail were amazing; artistic but not the best compare to Banjo Kazooie and sill manages to get a perfect score on graphics. The unique targeting system inspire many games on to the future, using it to attack was oth innovative and uniqueIt came late at the en of 1998 but the game showed modeling superiority over metal gear solid and many other games that came out that year. The graphic detail were amazing; artistic but not the best compare to Banjo Kazooie and sill manages to get a perfect score on graphics. The unique targeting system inspire many games on to the future, using it to attack was oth innovative and unique creating tension to the difficult enemies. The camera showed improvements of viewing the setting of the game but it lack in some places of the game to show the very feet of LINK making it difficult to fight when you are on the edge of a rock, etc. But I both criticize the climbing to be bad to prevent a hit from an obstacle or enemy but also like it from showing the A button to climb a very innovative game indeed. Plus the 60 hour long game makes you forgive th game from not speaking it's a great adventure recommended for children tha like puzzles and swords I GAVE IT GAME OF THE YEAR= 9.255 by a close call to METAL GEAR 9.254. Expand
  65. May 15, 2014
    The score probably tells you exactly what I think of the game already, but I'll elaborate a little more. I don't think the game has aged perfectly, and I do acknowledge that some of the later games are more polished in some areas. But I think it not being perfectly polished is to be expected. It had the extremely difficult task of taking a series that had been in 2D and translating it intoThe score probably tells you exactly what I think of the game already, but I'll elaborate a little more. I don't think the game has aged perfectly, and I do acknowledge that some of the later games are more polished in some areas. But I think it not being perfectly polished is to be expected. It had the extremely difficult task of taking a series that had been in 2D and translating it into 3D, and it had to make sure that it kept the elements that made its predecessors good while also bringing new elements and innovations of its own. The end result, nothing short of a masterpiece. It got so many things right on the first try it's rather staggering, and it's small wonder that it was so highly acclaimed when it came out. And while there are some flaws, and it hasn't aged perfectly, overall it has withstood the test of time. It's a classic, and no Zelda that has come out since has had quite the same impact. Expand
  66. May 1, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a gorgeous master piece that can be played again and again. In the land of Hyrule, you, as a young boy, discover that your destiny is greater than most. As you venture out to save Hyrule, many obstacles, enemies, and puzzles with confront you on your quest.

Ocarina of Time is a true treasure in the gaming world. Some moments of it seem awkward, but with those aside, it truly stands as one of the best games ever made. At the time, with it's graphics, game play and story, it truly did stand above the rest. And today, it still does. Challenging, puzzling, and fun. The Legend of Zelda series is a beautiful series, and this game is the pinnacle of that treasure. The story is brilliant, game play is easy to learn and has a high replay value. Ten out of ten.
  67. May 1, 2014
    Games can't get as good as this, and beats most of the new games. For any retro gamer, this game would be one that you will be playing again and again. A masterpiece of gaming and art.
  68. Apr 28, 2014
    This is an awesome game and will always be my favorite game. no matter how many times i play it. I don't care what you think but i love the graphics. I think the remake for the 3Ds suck(In my opinion).
  69. Apr 25, 2014
    TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen TenOuttaTen
  70. Apr 18, 2014
    If you're going to say something like 'this game has not aged well', then just don't. This is the original N64 version released back in 1998, it wouldn't have aged at all. Its story and gameplay, while simple by today's standards, was the best of the best back in its day. Remember that not many games back then had such a grand story, not to mention complex gameplay.
  71. Apr 15, 2014
    I usually write longer, more detailed reviews than this, but nothing i can say hasn't already been said by anybody who has played this game and has half a mind. This game is Flawless. The only game i would ever give an 11/10 to. Everything from the level design to the music to the story and characters to the game play to the massive amount of content packed into the cartridge isI usually write longer, more detailed reviews than this, but nothing i can say hasn't already been said by anybody who has played this game and has half a mind. This game is Flawless. The only game i would ever give an 11/10 to. Everything from the level design to the music to the story and characters to the game play to the massive amount of content packed into the cartridge is perfect. The only thing i can complain about is now the graphics and the inventory system are a bit dated. But when these are the only things to complain about in a 15+ year old game, then you know its a masterpiece. While this isn't my personal favorite Zelda, it may be technically the best one. The only people giving this game a 7 and below are A) Fanboys of other zelda games or B) Fanboys of other consoles that wouldn't know a true masterpiece if it hit them in the head like a bullet from the gun of a generic FPS. If you're debating getting this game whether it be on the VC, the 3ds version or an actual N64 cartridge any fan of the action/adventure genre should play this game. And if you're a Zelda fan and haven't played this game, then the first part of this sentence is a lie. Expand
  72. Apr 14, 2014
    The game is pretty good. I will say that. But it really isn't the best game of all time. I'm not going to criticize the graphics, because although they look primitive now, they were good at the time. To be honest, the graphics were amazing for the time, and are still usable today.The music is brilliant and really fits in with the game."But!" I hear you scream at me from a passing car: "WhyThe game is pretty good. I will say that. But it really isn't the best game of all time. I'm not going to criticize the graphics, because although they look primitive now, they were good at the time. To be honest, the graphics were amazing for the time, and are still usable today.The music is brilliant and really fits in with the game."But!" I hear you scream at me from a passing car: "Why have you given it a 7 out of ten then?" And I will tell you why.
    1: The inventory system. Now, sure, it is good that the game even HAS an inventory system, but it is incredibly slow.There is nothing more annoying than when fighting an adorable deku shrub, you have to pause the game, and equip something. Surely there could have been an easier way to do this?
    2:The dungeons. The dungeons are awful. Lots of people will disagree, but The dungeons seem to repeat themselves. Solve a puzzle with a torch, open a door. Solve a puzzle with a moveable block, open a door. And the water dungeon? Wow. That was just an awful level.You have to agree on this.Possibly one of the worst levels ever.
    3: The age rating!! I remember playing this when I was about 5, the game being a 3+, or an E for everyone.So, I happily ran through kokiri village, trying to get to the deku tree. I was cautious when I got in. The music was pretty creepy, to say the least. I progressed, though, and slowly creeped my way around . Then, guess what? a huge spider jumped down from the ceiling! I sprinted downstairs! My Dad had to do the level for me! I was also scared of the stalchild.But, anyway, the village next to hyrule was my favourite place. I loved it. I wasn't bothered about the poe's that used to come out to the graveyard at night. I was curious, and decided to enter a house. House of skulltula. It was dark and quite creepy. Ominous music played. I had the courage to move forward. Suddenly, a 5 meter long skulltula Popped down from the ceiling! I screamed and wouldn't play it for days! Make it a 7+!
  73. Apr 7, 2014
    It's a good game but I don't think it's the best game of all time like a lot of fanboys like to indicate. It isn't even the best game on the n64. That honor goes to golden eye. I think Majora's mask was better. As far as greatest games ever I think Final fantasy 7, Mass Effect 2, Skyrim, Mario, GTA 5, and Metal Gear Solid are all much better. I also think A Link To The Past is better than this.
  74. Mar 31, 2014
    This is still one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, games of all time. I have beaten this game countless times and it never gets old. The story is enchanting and the music is a masterpiece. How many games are so thought out that you must go back in time to finish certain dungeons? This is greatness in it's finest form. Go buy an n64 and buy this game. I cannot recommend this gameThis is still one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, games of all time. I have beaten this game countless times and it never gets old. The story is enchanting and the music is a masterpiece. How many games are so thought out that you must go back in time to finish certain dungeons? This is greatness in it's finest form. Go buy an n64 and buy this game. I cannot recommend this game enough. My kids will play this game before they play any xbox or ps games. Expand
  75. Mar 31, 2014
    this game is very good, but not the best game of all time, its a little too open ended sometime, hyrule field, the main open area of the game, is kinda bland, with not a lot to do in between places. it does have a great story and awesome controls, and a lot of different weapons ans items to chose from, and challenging dungeons. like i said its a great game and it still holds up even today,this game is very good, but not the best game of all time, its a little too open ended sometime, hyrule field, the main open area of the game, is kinda bland, with not a lot to do in between places. it does have a great story and awesome controls, and a lot of different weapons ans items to chose from, and challenging dungeons. like i said its a great game and it still holds up even today, but a bit overrated, maybe the most overrated game of all time?, come get me fanboys Expand
  76. Mar 24, 2014
    The Most fun Action/Adventure Game Nintendo has made for the players of Nintendo. I Give this game a Supreme Master Piece i'd like to give it a 11/10. and why the Negative scores this game is a Masterpiece
  77. Mar 24, 2014
    There's a special magic to this game that cannot be matched, even to this day. In all my years of gaming, playing everything from CoD to Final Fight, from Banjo Kazooie to League of Legends, from Final Fantasy Tactics and Mother to Fallout III and Fire Emblem: Awakening, across two decades of gaming, there has never been a game as perfectly put together as this one. Every pixel in thisThere's a special magic to this game that cannot be matched, even to this day. In all my years of gaming, playing everything from CoD to Final Fight, from Banjo Kazooie to League of Legends, from Final Fantasy Tactics and Mother to Fallout III and Fire Emblem: Awakening, across two decades of gaming, there has never been a game as perfectly put together as this one. Every pixel in this game is a legacy in and of itself and leaves a truly lasting impression, a LANDMARK in the mind to any who have experienced it. What is there to say about this game, truly? Well simply put, it is a masterpiece. Like the Mona Lisa, or Michelangelo's David. A Truly beautiful work of art that deserves to be recognized with full acclaim as something that shaped the future of all art of its kind and stands to this day as a testimony to the power and creative spirit that goes into the creation of Video Games. The story is simple, though not as simple as it initially seems. The world is chalk full of hidden bits that scream of a deeper mysticism binding this world, from the simple and obvious Hyrule Field skeletons to the subtle and beautiful spinning of the whimsical-but-also-dark Windmill Hut, appropriately dubbed "?". The music is simply majestic, from the haunting trills of the Forest Temple and its distorted Link screams to the fantastic, iconic... LEGENDARY ocarina songs. The graphics were unbelievable for the time... and honestly... the only part that doesn't hold up to this day is the texture resolution as the models are decent. They're not cutting edge, but everything animates smoothly and looks nice, with smooth arcs, etc. The story is classic, iconic... legendary.. and even takes a decent amount of twisting and turning. The gameplay is immaculate and perfectly executed, with the series' best (in my opinion) puzzles combined with the smooth and fantastic difficulty curve lead the player to be immersed in the pleasing swordplay and item based advancement.

In short, Ocarina of Time still holds up to this day, standing the test of time to be, in this humble player's opinion, still the greatest game ever made. In all the years since, no game has managed to top it and I don't think one ever will.
  78. Mar 19, 2014
    Uno de los mejores zeldas jamas creado,una historia que te tiene atado hasta el final de juego,unos controles que no son tan comodos,pero te adaptas despues de semanas, un 9,lo unico que no me gusto ademas del control,fue a la molesta Navi diciendote HEY,LISTEN!,HEY,LISTEN! al inicio del juego
  79. Mar 14, 2014
    The best game in the franchise. It was made at the best time of Nintendo. I'd buy a Nintendo 64 and a cartridge of this game without any doubt, only to remember the good times.
  80. Mar 14, 2014
    by far my favorite game. it's pretty long, has amazing dungeons, sidequests, bosses, enemies, characters, items, story, AND gameplay. I recommend this to everyone. hands-down.
  81. Mar 14, 2014
    Even though I have played through this twice now I really can't see why this is the best game ever, but I still had fun with it and it is something I can definitely recommend to anyone who wants a good adventure game
  82. Mar 12, 2014
    played this game a lot when was younger... just got an emulator to play it again... I still love it... people need to remember that this game was created in 1998, not 2014. We have come a huge way since then in graphics. The game it self is still one of my top favorites and I think will be the only game with a perfect score. those that voted with a "0" ether didn't play the game allplayed this game a lot when was younger... just got an emulator to play it again... I still love it... people need to remember that this game was created in 1998, not 2014. We have come a huge way since then in graphics. The game it self is still one of my top favorites and I think will be the only game with a perfect score. those that voted with a "0" ether didn't play the game all the way or are just hating on Zelda in general. I bet I bet if there is a remake, It will be the best game of all time Expand
  83. Mar 11, 2014
    Ocarina of Time is a legendary video game that all gamers should have in their possession. It truly is one of the best adventure games ever made. Playing this game was an honor.
  84. Mar 8, 2014
    This game have all Music, nice gameplay a good history I consider this like ones of the best of the gaming
    a Masterpiece also I can still so many times, The legend of zelda one of the best sagas but Ocarina the best game, thank you miyamoto, thank you nintendo
  85. Mar 6, 2014
    This game its amazing, since the start any gamer would see this as a great piece of art. The dungeons have a great intuitive way to solve puzzles and the history shows great dynamic.
  86. Feb 21, 2014
    Ocarina of time is easily one of my favorite games ever. It was my first Zelda and its also my favorite. Everyone giving this game a score below a 6 either doesn't know what a good game is or just hates Nintendo for no reason.
  87. Feb 18, 2014
    This is the best game of all time.. Any system, any time. HANDS DOWN. PERIOD! So good. If you are really playing this game for the first time, play it on the 3ds. It's so beautiful, challenging, engaging... It's just the best.
  88. Feb 7, 2014
    Apart from getting lost all the time, I enjoyed the action, story and adventure in this game. It's aged well and is just the right length of time to not start dragging. I can still see why it became a classic even if it's not one of mine.
  89. Feb 6, 2014
    Is this the best video game of all time? I personally think some of the newer RPG's like Fallout and Skyrim do it better, but that's just my opinion. Great story, characters, hell, everything is great about this damn game. Perfect game, up their with Super Mario 64 and GoldenEye007 for best N64 game ever.
  90. Feb 5, 2014
    Truly a masterpiece! This game encompasses the true soul of the Zelda franchise. The feeling of adventure, peril and overwhelming responsability for the wellbeing of the land of Hyrule has a well thought out and everlong presence in this installment of the Zelda series. Some may claim nostalgia glasses, yet; comparing this game to a new age release really points out the obvious flaws inTruly a masterpiece! This game encompasses the true soul of the Zelda franchise. The feeling of adventure, peril and overwhelming responsability for the wellbeing of the land of Hyrule has a well thought out and everlong presence in this installment of the Zelda series. Some may claim nostalgia glasses, yet; comparing this game to a new age release really points out the obvious flaws in present day game design. 10/10! Expand
  91. Jan 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was amazing, I still remember the time I finished this game it was the best thing that can ever happen in my Childhood. There is a reason why this game is the best. Expand
  92. Jan 19, 2014
    In my opinion this is the best game of all time one thing Nintendo does is make you care about characters. It tells an extremely complex tale with some serious messages yet does it in simple ways. The puzzles are still impressive today and the gameplay set the foundation for nearly every game with 3D combat since then it has lots of secrets and some of the best boss battles of all time.
  93. Jan 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. okay I'm no hater but... Ocarina of Time is OVERRATED! im not saying it's bad but it's not too good either. I'm no hater I really do like this game it's just people have only been criticizing Zelda games ONLY to this game! Majora's Mask came oh no one liked it because it was only compared to OoT! And Majora's Mask is MUCH better than Ocarina. The Oracle games come out, it's only compared to OoT. AGAIN. Wind Waker, Four Swords, Minish Cap? All such underrated games cuz OoT. I understand that people love this game but it's been 18 years since this game came out. Also it wasn't original. Oh. Same villain as the last 4 games, oh look time travel, seven sages, a princess that Link has never even met before. Also they really just made it REALLY obvious on what the sages are. The first and second they just tell you, the third is trying to take your place and save his people, the fourth you know who it is she's a water lady going to the water temple, the fifth is also given to you, the sixth the Gerudos tell you, and the seventh was pretty obvious. I mean CLEARLY Shiek was Zelda. Expand
  94. Dec 28, 2013
    Though not quite perfect, Ocarina of Time does suffer a bit (as with all N64 era games, some more so than others) from 3D controls, odd camera angles, and blurred textures. But all that aside, it is still one of the most accessible, enjoyable, and memorable Nintendo games to date.
  95. Dec 27, 2013
    My favorite game. The game was Zelda first step into the 3D world. The graphics, at the time were extremely good, the world was very vast. The music in the game is excellent, the gameplay is excellent, the story is excellent. This game is as close as you'll ever get to being perfect. I genuinely think its a solid 10/10 rating.
  96. Dec 20, 2013
    Yeah it was a bestselling game, and it was the first 3D Zelda game... but that doesn't make it great. The camera sucks sometimes, the controls are sketchy, the graphics are pretty bad and you spend almost as much time listening to that f***ing owl and Navi as you do in the Water Temple. But, hey, at least the rest of the game was good.
  97. Dec 18, 2013
    Definitely worth all of its praise. This classic gives me the best feeling of nostalgia and delivers on great gameplay, tricky puzzles and artistic landscape. I don't see myself ever getting tired of this game!
  98. Dec 16, 2013
    Best Zelda game ever made that introduced the 3D world and several items that would be part of the further games. If you are a Zelda fan it is a mandatory game to have in your collection.
  99. Dec 11, 2013
    I know you won't believe this, it's hard to accept i know, but this game does not get a 10/10. I know the gods of gaming will smite me where i stand, but that's just how it is.
    Browsing the scores on this site, i get the feeling the hardcore fans don't understand what a 10/10 means. "despite it's flaws, its a great game. 10/10" this is not at all what a 10/10 is for. a 10/10 signifies perfection, a word lost in a language that overuses powerful words to the point of them becoming meaningless. A perfect game has no flaws, so if some review site or some person gives a game a 10/10, I completely ignore them and all they have to say about the game, because rational thought has left their brain pan before the conversation started.
    "but what about the game, you blasphemous old crone?" you watch your tongue, you. I'm getting to that.
    lets start this by saying I'm new to the N64 and the Zelda franchise, I bought my console and a bunch of games a couple of years ago because i wanted to know what all the fuss was about, "ocarina of time" this, "goldeneye" that. I thought i was really missing something, and i was! i have N64 parties and just play games all night, its loads of fun to just mariokart and goldeneye all night.
    But this ocarina, I don't know about it. I was struggling to stay focused, the camera angles and ambiguous graphics, not to mention the outrageously laughable controller really takes it's toll on the fun-o-meter. i simply can't have fun when I'm frustrated with the basic elements of game design.
    The point of a good game, i think, is to be good regardless of age. ultima 4, super mario bros. and populous weren't just good in the 80s, they are still classics and staples of good game design. nostalgia is not an adequate reason to be a great game. i played some games i thought were awesome as a child, and replaying them, I still enjoy them. But as i got older, i started breaking the mechanics and general game structure down and analyzing them, those games wouldn't really hold up. If i gave someone a copy of that game and told him it's the best game of all time, i don't think he would agree with me.
    But anyway, aside from the obvious problems with camera angles and the god awful controls, which were far better than most N64 titles, i went on my way. I found the plot hooks very weak and unattractive, and the villain had very poor motivations. The dungeons were fairly easy, but there were some "WTF that's what i supposed to do?" moments, which are never good in any game. the combat mechanics, are surprisingly good! the programmers could wrestle with this beast of a controller and actually accomplish something nearly usable with it. so i appreciate the effort for that. most of the puzzles are fine, but some require trial-and-error to accomplish, which defeats the purpose of a puzzle, you may as well roll a die if that's how its going to work. the jumping puzzles sometimes like to bite you in the ass, but overall i've seen worse.
    It's not that the game is bad, its not, its just not that good. its just OK. its just a run of the mill psuedo-rpg that lots of people happen to have nostalgic connection to. its got a charm to it that is matched by other games. The datedness of it gives a sterile and bland aura to it, buts that's just it. bland. I simply couldn't be bothered playing it anymore, it just got too unengaging and i just stopped playing and that was it.
    overall It's worth a try, maybe you will be one of the many followers of it, but this game has not aged well at all. But what do i know, go out there and find games you do like and stop reading this silly review.
    but seriously, i enjoy listening to the music more than the game.
    9/10 music
    6/10 visuals
    8/10 game play
    6/10 story
    4/10 re-playability
    5/10 atmosphere
    6/10 controls
  100. Dec 7, 2013
    One of the best games of all time. Great gameplay. Good graphics (for its time). Being the first 3D zelda game it was really a step forward. The story is terrific as well.
  101. Nov 25, 2010
    Anyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side questsAnyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side quests and collectibles, and considering the fact that this game was made in 1998 the graphics are amazing. The only real downside is that the game is somewhat linear and you can't continue on after beating the final boss, but that doesn't detract from the huge amount of fun I had playing this game. This has to be one of if not the best games ever made just as the others have said. Collapse

This is, without a doubt, one of the all-time greatest games made. 50 years from now people will still be playing and enjoying this game... thoroughly.
  2. This Zelda adventure will undoubtedly withstand the test of time and take its place as one of the best games to ever grace a home system.
  3. My favorite game of all Time. It is the perfect example of a perfect and polished game. Every aspect of the game is virtually flawless.