The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Apr 29, 2017
    While I think it's got some flaws (like the controls may take time to get used to them for example) Ocarina Of Time deserves the praise that it gets. As a recent player of OOT, I'm impressed by its design and gameplay. The challenge that the game offers is fair and the puzzles are clever. The story feels like an epic fairytale. And the combat system was very ahead of its time. Basically, IWhile I think it's got some flaws (like the controls may take time to get used to them for example) Ocarina Of Time deserves the praise that it gets. As a recent player of OOT, I'm impressed by its design and gameplay. The challenge that the game offers is fair and the puzzles are clever. The story feels like an epic fairytale. And the combat system was very ahead of its time. Basically, I think that the combat system of this game has been an inspiration and built the standards for the Third Person Action-Adventure genre. With all that said, yeah, I give it a 10 as well. Expand
  2. Apr 27, 2017
    Mi juego favoriito de toda la historia, involucra de manera increible al jugador con la historia de link, no tiene huecos, las peleas son increibles, no hay fallos en la historia, y la jugabilidad es bastante rica, varia a lo largo de todo el juego y aun asi, la libertad es increible
  3. Apr 27, 2017
    Si no le ponen 10 son jotillos a a a a a aa,aa a a a a a aa a a a a aa a a a a a a a aa aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a aa a a mendigo perros
  4. Apr 21, 2017
    For its time it is definitely a fantastic game and while I do not agree that it is the best Zelda, let alone the best game of all time, I think it very well deserves to be loved much. I think for a person that is not used to video games too much and does not want hyper-complex stories or super action games Zelda, and so especially Ocarina of Time is a great game with its solid gameplay,For its time it is definitely a fantastic game and while I do not agree that it is the best Zelda, let alone the best game of all time, I think it very well deserves to be loved much. I think for a person that is not used to video games too much and does not want hyper-complex stories or super action games Zelda, and so especially Ocarina of Time is a great game with its solid gameplay, nice world, beautiful soundtrack and characters. I personally think the learning curve of the game is because of the clunkiness of the game and a few monsters not unfair but still not perfect. The dungeons at times are really not my thing. Many Zeldas have their "stone wall rooms" in their dungeons but this one here has really a lot of them with just a few details. You just feel that the dungeons basically are a few blocks of rock (except for the first three). I had a lot of fun with the Water and Spirit Temple nonetheless - yes the Water Temple, can you believe it and some of the most memorable moments in the franchises history are a part of this game in my opinion.

Everyone who has not played this game shoud definitely do so.
  5. Apr 7, 2017
    An engaging world with a story so classic it has firmly cemented itself as a masterpiece within the gaming world. This game has stood the test of time and continues to be one of the greatest games in the Zelda franchise despite the many games released since.

You will get no better an experience when it comes to 3D Zelda games than playing this beautiful classic. Pick it up today if you haven't already and give it a try, from the music to the characters to the puzzles to the world itself this game provides in all areas a perfect atmosphere for adventure.

This game can get no less than a 9/10, but personal bias means I HAVE to give it a 10.
    Truly a masterpiece in it's genre.
  6. Apr 6, 2017
    I was a bit skeptical at first because i had never played a 3d Zelda game but pleasantly surprised. It's a great game and it's worth playing for anyone.
  7. Apr 4, 2017
    This game is an absolute perfection. A masterpiece ahead of its time. And even today still kicks ass on several aspects, such as controls, cameras and dept.
  8. Apr 3, 2017
    Just came here to pay my tribute to the best game ever made. This game is so ahead of its time, the title alone is genius. The music is easily the best soundtrack you can find in a video game.
  9. Apr 1, 2017
    El mejor juego del mundo no hay rival para lo que fue este en su tiempo, un sistema de combate increible, graficos sublimes para la epoca, un soundtrack memorable y con grandes temas de la saga, no hay nada que se le compare a este clasico atemporal perdudara por siempre como uno de los grandes de la industria!!
  10. Apr 1, 2017
    Best goddamn game ever created. Perfect mix of music, feeling, story, game play and challenge.
    If you like playing games then you'll love this. definitely my most favorite game of all time.
  11. Mar 30, 2017
    I was very disappointed by this game, as it didn't live up to the high standard set by its predecessors. I completed my first run of the game the day I got it to 100% completion, and found it to have very little replay value. The combat is mostly waiting for openings to be able to damage your foes which isn't real difficulty, it just feels like difficulty. The game is also WAY too linearI was very disappointed by this game, as it didn't live up to the high standard set by its predecessors. I completed my first run of the game the day I got it to 100% completion, and found it to have very little replay value. The combat is mostly waiting for openings to be able to damage your foes which isn't real difficulty, it just feels like difficulty. The game is also WAY too linear for a Zelda, with the story taking precedence over the gameplay.

While it was really Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link that introduced most of Ocarina of Time's issues to the series, it was Ocarina of Time that really cemented them into the future installments, making them all part of the regular formula, which knocks my review of this game down much further.

It's a fun enough few hours, but you're better off getting a much better game in the series, like Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, the original NES Zelda, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening, or the Oracle games (as one connected game; they don't hold up as well separately.) Any of those will give you more fun for a longer time, more world to explore, and better dungeon puzzles to solve.

Even Zelda 2 at least makes more use of vertical space. With VERY few exceptions (one Deku Tree puzzle and the Water Temple), Ocarina of Time's puzzles are very 2D. Even Link to the Past used height for more of its puzzles than this game did. The graphics might be more 3D, but the gameplay is not.
  12. Mar 29, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Definitely greatest game on the N64, and the best game ever created. Ocarina of Time gave us revolutionary 3D gameplay and an epic story not to mention one of the nicest looking games on the N64. The game design is truly second to none. You'll be exploring dungeons set in a desert, underwater, in a haunted mansion, in a graveyard and other interesting locales. Although the water dungeon can be infuriating if you miss a small key, the concept of having access to different rooms with different water elevations is genius. Although the music is in MIDI format, it was a staple in 1998, and the scores are amazing anyway! So many memorable tunes and epic pieces in this game!

If I'd mention the story once more, it's that it is an amazing coming of age story. Link as a child is not taken seriously by anyone and is even one shotted by Ganondorf before the time leap. (Also, this is the best incarnation of Ganondorf in a Zelda game in my opinion, as he antagonizes you throughout the game, and it becomes the players desire to finally put him in his place.... not to mention he screws all of Hyrule over after 7 years have passed!! The first time I saw that he followed you into the sacred realm was actually awe inducing. There I was expecting myself to continue on my journey with this sick sword and BAM there comes Ganondorfs theme and im like wtf!). Link then ages 7 years and has to find 6 sages before the showdown with Ganondorf with a totally warped Hyrule. They nailed the story in this game, And for people in 1998, it probably blew their minds. (especially with that Sheik reveal near the end). Honestly, I could go on and on about this game (also the final boss is my favorite final boss in gaming) but I'll stop here.

One of the most deserving games of a 10/10 ever.
  13. Mar 27, 2017
    Hace poco pude jugar a este título. Me parece un gran juego con multitud de puzles y cosas que hacer. A pesar del tiempo que tiene y la fecha en la que salió, me parece un buen juego para jugar hoy en dia.
  14. Mar 26, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Still the best game ever; game design, gameplay, atmosphere. Using story devices such as time travel and music as a gameplay device and vice versa. Revolutionary. Varied, vivid, organic, funny. Expand
  15. Mar 24, 2017
    Replayed OoT recently. It's amazing how the game can feel fresh, despite today's tech standards. This is, for me, the most optimized "Zelda Formula" experience, and I'm sure I'll replay this, again. And maybe again.
  16. Mar 21, 2017
    Good game, BRUTAL! I played it in 2017, in perspective to what I was playing in 1998, it was a top level in everything, I totally recommend it to all adventure game lovers.
  17. Mar 20, 2017
    Everything in this game is pure magical awesomeness.
    It starts great, but softly. Soundtrack enhances the experience to unexpected places. Gameplay is revolutionary and everything feels so perfected that i cannot avoid giving this game a 10
    Essential masterpiece.
  18. Mar 20, 2017
    It is really impresive how this videogame in the early 1998, wrote the rules of how should the adventure open world games. Amazing music, charismatic characters and great scenarios (Still with the polygonal graphics back there).

It is true that the story is very basic, but it is still effective to bring us a great adventure because of how it´s counted. A lot of good content, interesting puzzles. The best of the early 3D games and the first step of all great games today.
  19. Mar 19, 2017
    Pure freaking magic, trolls can rage against the game as much as they want; when a discussion of the greatest game of all time comes up, Ocarina stands as king.
  20. Mar 19, 2017
    At that time, it has fit all the graphics, sound and game play.
    That really got everything out, what in the still drinstecke this console and
    you saw that too! And that's why he gets also a score of 10/10
  21. Mar 15, 2017
    Game I played a ton through my childhood and I recently picked it up again, I have played through multiple times when I was young and older but the story does not get stale. The game play goes from combat to puzzle solving with massive theme of fantasy genre like the classic Zelda games. A huge arsenal of puzzle solving items which can also be used for combat with initiative. This game isGame I played a ton through my childhood and I recently picked it up again, I have played through multiple times when I was young and older but the story does not get stale. The game play goes from combat to puzzle solving with massive theme of fantasy genre like the classic Zelda games. A huge arsenal of puzzle solving items which can also be used for combat with initiative. This game is a masterpiece. Expand
  22. Mar 14, 2017
    Nothing short of a masterpiece, there are few games that can compare to the ocarina of time and I don't think any game will ever be more decorated than this one is
  23. Mar 11, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A obra-prima do mundo dos jogos com toda a certeza, Oot foi um grande pilar que estabeleceu grandes coisas que jogos de mesmo hoje em dia, depois de quase 19 anos, ainda utilizam. A história é simples e envolvente, cavalgar por Hyrule é uma sensação que perpetua até hoje com grande sentimento. Tudo no jogo é bem pensado, em como os itens podem ser usados, em como derrotar inimigos e depois da passagem de tempo tudo se intensifica, os puzzles, os Bosses, a história, os personagens. Mas enfim, é fantástico, outras importantes coisas para ressaltar são: as músicas, sejam as da Ocarina ou as do Overworld, todas simplesmente tidas como trabalhos de arte, relaxantes e tornam o jogo ainda mais prazeroso; o carisma dos NPCs, visto que grande parte deles têm um papel na história, seja para oferecerem coisas adicionais ou essenciais, são úteis além disso; a engenhosidade das coisas também impressiona de cara, o jeito das músicas ajudarem no jogo, sendo de tanta importância quanto os itens é maravilhoso. Portanto, uma obra-prima atemporal, podia falar de muitos mais pontos fortes, mas só jogando para conhecer o quão incrível essa obra é. Expand
  24. Mar 9, 2017
    for is is not as good as majora's mask, but its a perfect game. every temple y like magic, the sword.

thank you nintendo, than you link, thank you zelda!!
  25. Mar 9, 2017
    Joguei esse jogo a muito muito tempo, no N64, esse foi meu primeiro jogo da franquia zelda, fiquei apaixonado pela qualidade da historia, controles, trilha sonora, é um jogo que nunca esquecerei, depois de anos joguei novamente no 3DS, foi uma nostalgia.
  26. Mar 9, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is a stunning masterpiece with amazing storytelling, visuals, and 3D gameplay that was clearly ahead of the time it was released. This is the prime example of a game done write, in an artistic and innovative standpoint.
  27. Mar 8, 2017
    Quien no le de un 10 a este juego es un niño rata
    ocarina of time es el mejor juego de la historia.................................................................................
  28. Mar 7, 2017
    I played it when I was a kid... good times... but in so much time, there's only one game that can fight with it for the place of the best gamer ever... and it's Zelda Breath of the Wild ;D
    This is one of the BEST **** GAMES EVER!
  29. Mar 7, 2017
    lo e comprado por las notas tan altas que tenia y es una m... nada aconsejable, con graficos de hace 20 años, controles toscos, pesima jugabilidad... no eches vuestro dinero a nintendo, digo, a la basura
  30. Mar 6, 2017
    This game is the best rated game of all time: its metascore is 99, and if that's not enough to convince you that this game is amazing, you must really hate video games.
  31. Mar 6, 2017
    One of the best games of all time. When this first released on the N64 it blew peoples minds. Even to this day it is still more playable than most modern games. A true masterpiece.
  32. Mar 6, 2017
    Esse jogo não é mais o melhor de todos os tempos, mas será para sempre o MAIOR de todos os tempos. (Translate: This game is not the best of all time anymore, but it'll always be the BIGGEST of all time)
  33. Mar 5, 2017
    Ich vergebe überragende 10 Punkte
    Zelda ist ein ein Traumgame auf der besten Konsoie der Switch immer
    Sonys Game Horizon wird brutal zerfetzt von Nintendo jetzt°°
    lg euer Andy Epica
  34. Mar 4, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is a revolutionary game, crafted with such perfection and precision only Nintendo can deliver!, the first Zelda game i played was Ocarina of Time 3D for the 3DS, i fell in love with it instantly!
  35. Mar 4, 2017
    One of the best games ever made.
    Played it back in the old days and until now there is no other game that can surpass this masterpiece !
    Probably the new Breath of the Wild will be as good as this. Still, if i had to chose between both of them, i would take the old one =)
  36. Mar 4, 2017
    No tuve la oportunidad de jugarlo en su tiempo en una nintendo 64, hubiese quedado fascinado y un buen recuerdo de infancia. Pero gracias a los emuladores, me permitieron jugar esta maravillosa obra de arte, mas aún con las mejoras de hoy en día que se le puedan hacer.
  37. Mar 4, 2017
    As a game on its own, Ocarina of time is easily one of the finest video games ever created. However, as a Zelda game, it hasn't held up as well as some of the others. The main reason behind me saying that is the story. The story in ocarina of time is quite similar to same concept that had been used several times already prior to 1998. It follows the traditional "link must defeat Ganon andAs a game on its own, Ocarina of time is easily one of the finest video games ever created. However, as a Zelda game, it hasn't held up as well as some of the others. The main reason behind me saying that is the story. The story in ocarina of time is quite similar to same concept that had been used several times already prior to 1998. It follows the traditional "link must defeat Ganon and save hyrule" concept. But aside from the story being flat compared to other games, I can't find much of anything else wrong with this game. The gameplay is fun and intuitive, the dungeons have stood the test of time very well, it has a fantastic roster of bosses and mini bosses, and even the characters a quite memorable for their time. Overall, I believe there are better zelda games than Ocarina of time, but as a game in general, this is the pinnacle of 3D adventure games. Expand
  38. Mar 3, 2017
    To be honest, I find this game to be mediocre at best, but that may be just because of my playstyle. There's way too much waiting, and it calls "find an eyeball on the wall" a puzzle. Also, you have to wait for the game to tell you WHY you want to go somewhere, even though you just want to go there. I really don't want to seem like a hater(in fact, I love Wind Waker), but I just don't likeTo be honest, I find this game to be mediocre at best, but that may be just because of my playstyle. There's way too much waiting, and it calls "find an eyeball on the wall" a puzzle. Also, you have to wait for the game to tell you WHY you want to go somewhere, even though you just want to go there. I really don't want to seem like a hater(in fact, I love Wind Waker), but I just don't like this game Expand
  39. Mar 3, 2017
    The original Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time marked a defining point in Nintendo's history. With its great anticipation, people were anxiously waiting to dive in what appeared to be the greatest game of all time. Indeed it was amazing. Great experience overall.
  40. Mar 3, 2017
    Мама и папа всех современных дарксоулсов, Одна из лучших игр в этом жанре и просто настоящая легенда игропрома.
    Серьезных недостатков два:
    1. Неудобная камера, которая буквально выводит из себя. 2. Устаревшая графика Но в остальном! Замечательная игра, которую я хочу посоветовать просто всем. Ее не описать словами, это приключение, которое каждый должен пережить сам -- иначе и не
    Серьезных недостатков два:
    1. Неудобная камера, которая буквально выводит из себя.
    2. Устаревшая графика
    Но в остальном! Замечательная игра, которую я хочу посоветовать просто всем. Ее не описать словами, это приключение, которое каждый должен пережить сам -- иначе и не выйдет по достоинству оценить всю глубину этого шедевра.
    В 22 мб умещается геймплея больше, чем в 100-гиговых шлаках современной игроиндустрии.
  41. Mar 3, 2017
    one orf the best game eva

screw all u hatrs

dis game is da best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  42. Mar 3, 2017
    What an incredible game! What an incredible story!
    Time goes by but this legend will not be forgotten as it made its landmark and became a legend in the gaming industry.
  43. Mar 3, 2017
    A masterpiece for the time it was launched, with a vast world, a perfect recreation in a three dimensional space of the saga playability. One of the best OSTs in videogame industry and a really immersive adventure with a perfect hero story that plays between two temporal lines.

All of that in a very limited hardware made to run cartridges with serious size limitations on that time (256 MB).

All of that in 1998...
  44. Mar 2, 2017
    Truly one of the greatest games of ALL TIME! HANDS DOWN!!! Great Story! Fantastic and Revolutionary Gameplay! Beautiful and Iconic Music! What hasn't been said about this game being a true masterpiece!
  45. Mar 2, 2017
    The best of the best. I think we'll never see a game like this in our lives. It is like the wise says: ''Zelda is Zelda''. If there is a perfect game, it's called Zelda Ocarina of Time.
  46. Mar 2, 2017
    This was my favorite game for many years when it came out. The puzzles are great, they don't treat you like a child. The graphics and story were great for its generation. The game is long, but stays detailed and maintains it's quality throughout.

The side quests in this game were much more rewarding than any of the hand-holdy stuff you see today.
  47. Mar 2, 2017
    It's fantastic, with a wonderful story and I love it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  48. Feb 25, 2017
    Spectacular, Jaw dropping, Amazing! I absolutely love this game if I were trying to get any of my friends into gaming this is the 1 game I'd show them
  49. Feb 25, 2017
    Ocarina of Time is the best game ever created, and why? The game has an incredible lot to offer, and when it comes to historyline, it is amazingl. Everything else outside the story also is fabulous in every way.
  50. Feb 23, 2017
    This game literally invented the "Z targeting" system when combating enemies, a system that is used even to this days in the best RPG titles of the modern era like Dark Souls and many other games.

The music is absolutely amazing, the story and lore as well, the scope of the world and the horse riding mindblowing at the time. A classic that was not only an amazing game, but a big

A classic that was not only an amazing game, but a big one, and an impressive one, and a creative one.
  51. Feb 21, 2017
    Why play any other Zelda game? This is the best N64 and Link game ever made!!! The best graphics and the best story. Go play the game to understand how great OOT is.
  52. Feb 18, 2017
    One of the best games ever created and will always have a warm place in my heart. I remember when this was first released and was absolutely amazed and still it holds up today. Saying 10/10 doesn't give it enough justice.
  53. Feb 14, 2017
    If there's a Zelda game that deserves a 100 rating, it's this one. This classic game has an incredible story, and some incredible boss fights and dungeons (I actually liked the water temple). Literally every video game critics have called this game a masterpiece, if you haven't played this game yet go get it right away.
  54. Feb 12, 2017
    Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes.Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes. Should you play this game? Absolutely, this game is one of the most iconic games in video game history. Expand
  55. Jan 23, 2017
    .......................................Simply, the best videogame ever made...........................................................................
  56. Jan 20, 2017
    wonderful game, everything is as close as perfection as possible, I won't bore you with what everyone is already saying about how amazing this game is. But if you're on the fence about whether to give this classic a try, go read IGN's review.
  57. Jan 17, 2017
    juste le meilleur jeu de l'histoire rien a dire a par que si vous n'y avait pas joué vous avez raté un chef d'oeuvre des plus incroyable et palpitant avec une 3D énorme pour l’époque et un scénario devenu culte !
  58. Jan 14, 2017
    I enjoyed this game, but I did not get much play time out of it. sadden :( memememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememe
  59. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 95/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  60. Jan 2, 2017
    Best game of all time? PAH! Don't let critic reviews fool you, this journey through hyrule is FAR from perfect, but it's still pretty darn good! The story is immersive and lovely, the graphics are great...for 1998, and Link (the name of the hero but you can name him whatever you want) controls tightly and is pretty responsive, whereas Mario is pretty slippery. But the dungeon designs areBest game of all time? PAH! Don't let critic reviews fool you, this journey through hyrule is FAR from perfect, but it's still pretty darn good! The story is immersive and lovely, the graphics are great...for 1998, and Link (the name of the hero but you can name him whatever you want) controls tightly and is pretty responsive, whereas Mario is pretty slippery. But the dungeon designs are pretty dated and the gameplay can get...repetitive to say the least. Also, any "rek th0s n00bs" Call of Duty kid who just so happens to have and N64 will be put off by the dated graphics. If your one of those whiny little jerks who thinks a game is the spawn of satan just because the characters look like a mess of triangles, I reccomend the 3DS remake. While I don't think this game is as good as everyone says, I still think it's a solid puzzle/adventure game and it's worth checking out if you have an old N64 collecting dust Expand
  61. Dec 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game ever, in his time the game haven´t comparation with others games. I hope a remake with Unreal 4 graphics and new areas for exploration.. Expand
  62. Dec 5, 2016
    little overrated but still one of the best Zelda games but still has problems like camera, and the pre rendered images look really bad, the mini games are awsome the ganon fight is awsome man !
  63. Dec 3, 2016
    This is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds everThis is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds ever doesn't help. Not to mention the camera is horrid. IF you want a more detailed review I suggest Egoraptor's video on the game. Expand
  64. Nov 26, 2016
    С чего бы начать... Это лучшая игра на свете, она волшебна. Саундтрек великолепен. Геймплей шикарен. Сюжет простой но очаровательный 12/10
  65. Nov 24, 2016
    This was my first Zelda game, and it was pretty fun... until I got the Master Sword. After that, the game just became very obscure side quests that are necessary to complete the game and bad dungeon. The music is amazing as is some of the bosses, but it is far from being one of the best game of all time.
  66. Oct 31, 2016
    One of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be aOne of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be a jaded millennial, but I can definitely see why people loved this game so much. It really set the standard for what modern Zelda games are all about.

It goes through the same motions as all the others, of course. Go into a dungeon, get an item, use it to beat the boss. It's the standard thing that all Zelda games do over and over, but I'm not knocking points off of it because it did this first. Even if it wasn't the first to do it, I'd probably still love the game just as much. The world feels huge despite its actually relatively small size, feeling much larger and livelier than many of the much bigger open world games that I've played. There's tons to do, and no matter how many times I play the thing, I never find myself becoming bored. The world is fun to explore, and the dungeons are very well designed, never being a completely linear experience, but never feeling like it just leaves you without any clue as to what to do. I love exploring and figuring out the dungeons in this game, they're absolutely some of the best parts of the game. Of course I hear the Water Temple was some legendary rite of passage to separate the boys from the men, but I never found that much trouble with it. It was more complex than others, sure, but the same rules applied. Just explore rooms you haven't been to, yet. It wasn't really that difficult for me, even if it had three separate and sprawling floors.

Even as someone who jumped onto Ocarina of Time late, I can still feel the magic in this title. I fell in love with the game after the first dungeon, and I felt compelled to keep going through the story, exploring the dungeons and slaying the monsters, and the second half of the game feels even better than the first half when you're jumping back and forth through time. Shifting from child to adult form is the main selling point of this game, and it's used to solve puzzles and such things in certain sections of the game. Although only one dungeon really incorporates it completely, it can be used in exploration throughout the world, and it's always fun to come across something and experiment with time to see what works.

This is my personal favorite Zelda title, though I haven't played all of them, but even so I don't think my opinion is controversial. This is definitely a masterpiece, and any shortcomings it may have are overshadowed by its overall amazing quality and the magical experience it provides, even after all the years after its initial release.
  67. Oct 22, 2016
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics Story - The best to date Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics
    Story - The best to date
    Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal
    World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore
    Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot
    The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the world really makes you feel that you have an effect in it.
  68. Oct 21, 2016
    5/5: Love it. The Legend of Zelda series is one of the greatest franchises, with each game becoming a timeless classic. This game has defined every other game since its release, and with good reason. This game was the reason to own an N64.
  69. Oct 21, 2016
    Those who say that this game is boring, or something like that, want to compare in 2016 a 1998 game! They do not know what is a game made out of his time, simply a revolution in the gaming world, and all games later took inspiration from this masterpiece.

What is lacking today is this something different and innovative and that's what Zelda was then.
  70. Oct 12, 2016
    awesome game
    good and challenging gameplay
    awesome boss battles
    very good story
    and the graphics for a n64 game is not bad at all it's pretty cool
    one of my favorite games of all time
  71. Oct 6, 2016
    OK, please don't kill me for this, but I think this game is just a little overrated. There. I said it. Apart from it being an amazing game, I do have a lot of nostalgia for it, but when I went and bought the 3DS version, I started picking up on some of the mistakes. The combat isn't overly impressive, and the puzzles get tedious after a while. There have been many better titles, such asOK, please don't kill me for this, but I think this game is just a little overrated. There. I said it. Apart from it being an amazing game, I do have a lot of nostalgia for it, but when I went and bought the 3DS version, I started picking up on some of the mistakes. The combat isn't overly impressive, and the puzzles get tedious after a while. There have been many better titles, such as Portal 2, to name one of them. But for it's time it was amazing. Also it aged really well. So imma gonna give it an 8 out of 10. Expand
  72. Oct 6, 2016
    Still my favorite game since 1998 (I was 8 years old back then).
    The graphics didn't age really wel (hence the 3DS version), but the rest of the game was en is perfect to me.
  73. Sep 30, 2016
    The greatest video game of all time i have ever played in my life, everything about this game is flawless cant say anything negative about it. 10/10 well done shigeru!!
  74. Sep 21, 2016
    Bad controls, uninteresting story, uninteresting game play. It's good for its time, but it has aged horribly. Not to mention I don't find the style or formula for the Zelda series fun at all.
  75. Sep 19, 2016
    I played it for the first time last year and was shocked by how bad the graphics were. Seriousl, games released in 2008 have better graphics and effects than this garbage. Not to mention the gameplay is boring and unoirinal. I got about 30 minutes in before quitting. It's so hard because the controls suck. 0/10.
  76. Sep 18, 2016
    great game just a tad bit overrated. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but a pretty darn good game. I honestly prefer majora's mask but this will be in many gamers hearts for years to come
  77. Sep 15, 2016
    If you haven't played it yet and are wondering if you should try such an old game, I say run! Do it now! I just replayed it for the first time after many years and it retains all of its magic. A masterpiece by anyone's standards. At worst you'll love it. I envy you the experience of playing it for the first time. Still here? Go play you lucky b...
  78. Aug 28, 2016
    Here it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armorHere it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armor bikini). And the goblin king guy wants to find the triangle and beat you with it or whatever. 69/10 some great skin flute playing! Expand
  79. Aug 16, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a action-adventure video game developed and published by Nintendo.

+ Revolutionary Gameplay
    + Great Link Adventure
    - Empty Overworld
    - Some Boring Puzzles
    - No Real Reason to Explore
  80. Aug 15, 2016
    99 metascore. 91 User reviews based on 3000 ratings? There is nothing else to be said. One of the most popular games, the best game ever (not for me) for the industry I mean, is at least in my top 10 of all time.

Detail: I finished more than 3000 games in my life... Only with 360 I played more than 800 and finished almost 350 titles. Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this

Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this game blew me away and will blow away too many people to play it for the first time even almost 20 years later! It is that epic
  81. Aug 1, 2016
    It's impossible for humans to be perfect, let alone create something perfect, but among videogames, Ocarina of Time is the one title that gets closer to perfection. Claiming it is the best videogame of all time undoubtely falls into subjection, but no one can deny how it changed the world of electronic entertainment and the lives of millions of players around the world.
  82. Jul 25, 2016
    Metacritic sucks ass and people who rate games 0s and 1s should go back to f***ing kindegarten, grow the f*** up. Seriously, why are there user reviews on this f***ing site???? They suck a**
  83. Jul 23, 2016
    No game is perfect so I can't give it a 10. Even though I want to give it a 10 more than I want to be a billionaire... Yeah... It's that much of a video game master piece....... This is a fact guys... This is as close to perfect as a game has ever gotten everrrr....

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about why it's so great. The game speaks for itself. Just read all of the known critics reviews. I would just tell you the same stuff...

The only haters are morons/crazy people. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's true. This game is THAT amazing. If you don't like it something is wrong with you. You might as well say you don't like bacon if you don't like Ocarina of time lol.

It's the king. It's the goat. It's the Daniel day Lewis of gaming. It's the Jordan of gaming. It's the starry night of gaming. It's the Beatles of gaming. It's the Alexander the great of gaming. It's yeah yeah you get the idea...

Play this game or forever not know what it is to be in video game heaven. Or better yet... Play the 3ds version. It's a little bit better in many ways particularly just because you don't have to pause the game to put on those iron boots lol. Plus being able to play probably the greatest thing ever made in gaming history to date on the go is a godsend.

Of course the game isn't perfect as no game is... The water temple can be a bit frustrating which is understandable. Dang water level adjustments... Although Dark link is amazing so that kind of makes up for it... Also the game kind of takes a lot from link to the past and puts a 3d spin on it but hey... Lots of games are similar to lots of games. Big whoop. If you're going to kind of sort of copy a older game you might as well kind of sort of copy a good one like link to the past.
  84. Jul 3, 2016
    Wow! This game has good story and great worlds. The graphics and controls make me surprise of how good they are. Well for the N64. This game aged 100% well. This is my 2nd favorite N64 game. But this game is perfect so no worries if it's not my favorite. I 101% recommend it to everyone. This game will totally keep you entertained.
  85. Jun 22, 2016
    Perfect game, amazing dungeons, the music is wonderful and the characters and main story is just legendary.
    Love playing this game over and over since I was 7 years old. I grew up with Link and the Ocarina of Time and grew very fond of the other Zelda games.

A must for every true gamer.
  86. Jun 3, 2016
    + Incredible Graphics for the time
    +Incredible World and Atmosphere
    + Incredible Gameplay
    + Perfect Exploration
    + Perfect Soundtrack

- That one temple...
  87. May 19, 2016
    Absolutely agreeable as the best rated video game of all time. With it's intense graphics for its time, it's flawless. The only problem with it i say is the confusion on sometimes knowing where to go, but that doesn't factor into the game.
  88. May 15, 2016
    Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!
  89. May 15, 2016
    Actually i must say, what critics make right choose about this game)) Cool gameplay, normal storyline, normal graphics for 1996, and normal opening world. Nintendo - you the BEST :)
  90. May 13, 2016
    This game is amazing, creative dungeons, memorable characters and a fantastic story. I can't say much this game hasn't already been praised for. It is a classic game that is a must play for any gamer.
  91. May 12, 2016
    You have to laugh at some of these negative reviews, I mean seriously, just lol. Talking about the world being empty, or the graphics, or the controls, or this and that blah blah blah. Of course compare to todays open world games it won't have aged well, but at the time this was absolutely groundbreaking. Some people need to stick to COD rehashes.
  92. May 11, 2016
    This game has proven it's greatness by being referred to as the best game ever made. It is the very first 3D The Legend of Zelda game and was a step into the future for Zelda series and gaming in general. An amazing story complimented by great gameplay and a great musical score.Adventure awaits, if you haven't played this game yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
  93. May 8, 2016
    Everything was great. This game was so excited and fun. But I don't like the save system. It's so annoying. that make my game have a long playthrough. I personality like link. But not with princess Zelda. She not like a princess. She to strong to be a girl
  94. May 3, 2016
    What more needs to be said about this game? Just shy of 20 year anniversary and it's still just as incredible when you play through it now as it was the first time you did as a kid. Not many games become instant classics like this one. It'll be a long time before a game comes out that will supplant this game as my favorite game of all time!
  95. May 1, 2016

In Ocarina of Time, the player controls Link in the land of Hyrule. Link sets out on a quest to stop Ganondorf, king of the Gerudo tribe, from obtaining the Triforce, a sacred relic that grants the wishes of its holder. He travels through time and navigates various dungeons to awaken the sages, who have the power to seal Ganondorf away forever. Music plays an important role; to progress, the player must learn to play several songs on an ocarina.
  96. Apr 29, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it isThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it is very hard to explain how great Ocarina of Time is to some one who has not played it, it is something to experience if you have not played it get on your N64 or 3DS. Expand
  97. Apr 24, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time uma obra de arte o jogo consegue ser incrível em tudo, muito impressionante para sua época, ele merece mesmo o titulo de melhor joga da historia, ele é um jogo quase perfeito.
  98. Apr 19, 2016
    Lo siento, no puedo ser objetivo con este juego. Marcó mi infancia, es el juego de mi vida. El juego que hizo que me aficionara a este mundillo y el que consiguió que considerara a los videojuegos como un arte. No es un análisis, simplemente es lo que este juego fue para mi. Me encantó y maravilló.
    Lo jugué de pequeño y me duró año y medio. Cuando eres un crío y te sumerges en este universo es magia pura. A mi entender irrepetible. ARTE.
  99. Apr 18, 2016
    Best game on N64 and One of the best Nintendo games . This game brought popularity N64 . This game One of the First good game from Nintendo . This is best The Legend of Zelda game with The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on GameCube . Beatiful graphics for 1998 , Best Levels on the N64 and Amazing Gameplay . 7/10 .
  100. Apr 1, 2016
    Starting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's aStarting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's a special concern on the characters' construction: all of them have personalities and, by being barely seen with expressionless faces, there is a plenty lot of them that have an inner connection with the story denouement.

Although made by a mainly cliché story where the hero save the princess, there are countless special features that makes the game beyond primordial and original. There are also enjoyable, time-lengthy side quests which turn The Legend of Zelda in a potential replay: you could finish it five times and there would still be something yet to be unveiled. The soundtrack works at it's best to swap between a comfort zone and sadness, epic insanity moments thanks to it's awesomeness composition.

In short, the final result is brilliantly delivered. It's touching. Emotional. Marvelous. An atemporal masterpiece. And - unquestionably - a must play.
  101. Nov 25, 2010
    Anyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side questsAnyone who gives the masterpiece below a 7 or an 8 is either just here to hate on the astounding zelda franchise, doesn't know a DAMN good game or is insane. The dungeons are interesting and unique, the characters are interesting and have personality, the story is highly engaging, the combat is varied, fluid, and fun, the items are amazing, there are a plethora of interesting side quests and collectibles, and considering the fact that this game was made in 1998 the graphics are amazing. The only real downside is that the game is somewhat linear and you can't continue on after beating the final boss, but that doesn't detract from the huge amount of fun I had playing this game. This has to be one of if not the best games ever made just as the others have said. Collapse

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.