The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

9.1

1. Jul 26, 2016
    Okay mate. This is like the most liked game in the universe. Why are you here? Buy the game.
    Do or do not.
    There is no try.
    Jesues that quote sucked.
    Buy it.
  2. Jul 25, 2016
    Metacritic sucks ass and people who rate games 0s and 1s should go back to f***ing kindegarten, grow the f*** up. Seriously, why are there user reviews on this f***ing site???? They suck a**
  3. Jul 23, 2016
    No game is perfect so I can't give it a 10. Even though I want to give it a 10 more than I want to be a billionaire... Yeah... It's that much of a video game master piece....... This is a fact guys... This is as close to perfect as a game has ever gotten everrrr....

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about why it's so great. The game speaks for itself. Just read all of the known critics reviews. I would just tell you the same stuff...

The only haters are morons/crazy people. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's true. This game is THAT amazing. If you don't like it something is wrong with you. You might as well say you don't like bacon if you don't like Ocarina of time lol.

It's the king. It's the goat. It's the Daniel day Lewis of gaming. It's the Jordan of gaming. It's the starry night of gaming. It's the Beatles of gaming. It's the Alexander the great of gaming. It's yeah yeah you get the idea...

Play this game or forever not know what it is to be in video game heaven. Or better yet... Play the 3ds version. It's a little bit better in many ways particularly just because you don't have to pause the game to put on those iron boots lol. Plus being able to play probably the greatest thing ever made in gaming history to date on the go is a godsend.

Of course the game isn't perfect as no game is... The water temple can be a bit frustrating which is understandable. Dang water level adjustments... Although Dark link is amazing so that kind of makes up for it... Also the game kind of takes a lot from link to the past and puts a 3d spin on it but hey... Lots of games are similar to lots of games. Big whoop. If you're going to kind of sort of copy a older game you might as well kind of sort of copy a good one like link to the past.
  4. Jul 3, 2016
    Wow! This game has good story and great worlds. The graphics and controls make me surprise of how good they are. Well for the N64. This game aged 100% well. This is my 2nd favorite N64 game. But this game is perfect so no worries if it's not my favorite. I 101% recommend it to everyone. This game will totally keep you entertained.
  5. Jun 22, 2016
    Perfect game, amazing dungeons, the music is wonderful and the characters and main story is just legendary.
    Love playing this game over and over since I was 7 years old. I grew up with Link and the Ocarina of Time and grew very fond of the other Zelda games.

A must for every true gamer.
  6. Jun 3, 2016
    + Incredible Graphics for the time
    +Incredible World and Atmosphere
    + Incredible Gameplay
    + Perfect Exploration
    + Perfect Soundtrack

- That one temple...
  7. May 19, 2016
    Absolutely agreeable as the best rated video game of all time. With it's intense graphics for its time, it's flawless. The only problem with it i say is the confusion on sometimes knowing where to go, but that doesn't factor into the game.
  8. May 15, 2016
    Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!
  9. May 15, 2016
    Actually i must say, what critics make right choose about this game)) Cool gameplay, normal storyline, normal graphics for 1996, and normal opening world. Nintendo - you the BEST :)
  10. May 13, 2016
    This game is amazing, creative dungeons, memorable characters and a fantastic story. I can't say much this game hasn't already been praised for. It is a classic game that is a must play for any gamer.
  11. May 12, 2016
    You have to laugh at some of these negative reviews, I mean seriously, just lol. Talking about the world being empty, or the graphics, or the controls, or this and that blah blah blah. Of course compare to todays open world games it won't have aged well, but at the time this was absolutely groundbreaking. Some people need to stick to COD rehashes.
  12. May 11, 2016
    This game has proven it's greatness by being referred to as the best game ever made. It is the very first 3D The Legend of Zelda game and was a step into the future for Zelda series and gaming in general. An amazing story complimented by great gameplay and a great musical score.Adventure awaits, if you haven't played this game yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
  13. May 8, 2016
    Everything was great. This game was so excited and fun. But I don't like the save system. It's so annoying. that make my game have a long playthrough. I personality like link. But not with princess Zelda. She not like a princess. She to strong to be a girl
  14. May 3, 2016
    What more needs to be said about this game? Just shy of 20 year anniversary and it's still just as incredible when you play through it now as it was the first time you did as a kid. Not many games become instant classics like this one. It'll be a long time before a game comes out that will supplant this game as my favorite game of all time!
  15. May 1, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a action-adventure video game developed and published by Nintendo.

In Ocarina of Time, the player controls Link in the land of Hyrule. Link sets out on a quest to stop Ganondorf, king of the Gerudo tribe, from obtaining the Triforce, a sacred relic that grants the wishes of its holder. He travels through time and navigates various dungeons to awaken the sages, who have the power to seal Ganondorf away forever. Music plays an important role; to progress, the player must learn to play several songs on an ocarina.
  16. Apr 29, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it isThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it is very hard to explain how great Ocarina of Time is to some one who has not played it, it is something to experience if you have not played it get on your N64 or 3DS. Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time uma obra de arte o jogo consegue ser incrível em tudo, muito impressionante para sua época, ele merece mesmo o titulo de melhor joga da historia, ele é um jogo quase perfeito.
  18. Apr 19, 2016
    Lo siento, no puedo ser objetivo con este juego. Marcó mi infancia, es el juego de mi vida. El juego que hizo que me aficionara a este mundillo y el que consiguió que considerara a los videojuegos como un arte. No es un análisis, simplemente es lo que este juego fue para mi. Me encantó y maravilló.
    Lo jugué de pequeño y me duró año y medio. Cuando eres un crío y te sumerges en este universo es magia pura. A mi entender irrepetible. ARTE.
  19. Apr 18, 2016
    Best game on N64 and One of the best Nintendo games . This game brought popularity N64 . This game One of the First good game from Nintendo . This is best The Legend of Zelda game with The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on GameCube . Beatiful graphics for 1998 , Best Levels on the N64 and Amazing Gameplay . 7/10 .
  20. Apr 1, 2016
    Starting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's aStarting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's a special concern on the characters' construction: all of them have personalities and, by being barely seen with expressionless faces, there is a plenty lot of them that have an inner connection with the story denouement.

Although made by a mainly cliché story where the hero save the princess, there are countless special features that makes the game beyond primordial and original. There are also enjoyable, time-lengthy side quests which turn The Legend of Zelda in a potential replay: you could finish it five times and there would still be something yet to be unveiled. The soundtrack works at it's best to swap between a comfort zone and sadness, epic insanity moments thanks to it's awesomeness composition.

In short, the final result is brilliantly delivered. It's touching. Emotional. Marvelous. An atemporal masterpiece. And - unquestionably - a must play.
  21. Mar 29, 2016
    This is the game that brought Hyrule into the third dimension and introduced the world to Z-Targeting (aka L-Targeting). It is a classic in every sense of the word. Ocarina of Time is filled with memorable characters and puzzle-like dungeons.
  22. Mar 29, 2016
    This game is brilliant as most of these reviews will tell you but it is not perfect here is why. The first major problem is the Water Temple as it is extremely confusing and requires so many keys to get into the multiple rooms. Also, the mini boss is much harder than the actual boss. Another problem I have with the game is that although all of the bosses in the game are good, not manyThis game is brilliant as most of these reviews will tell you but it is not perfect here is why. The first major problem is the Water Temple as it is extremely confusing and requires so many keys to get into the multiple rooms. Also, the mini boss is much harder than the actual boss. Another problem I have with the game is that although all of the bosses in the game are good, not many stand out as interesting or unique. This doesn't mean they are bad however as some of them are brilliant like the sisters in the Spirit Temple and the Forest Temple boss but the others are mediocre or to simple like the first boss in the Deku Tree.

The positives however are that the world feels unique and lived in, unlike some that feel unrealistic. Everything you do feels important no matter what the task is as you are helping a world that you can care so much about. The items are all interesting with some of the most common items in there as well. I always love to play the ocarina as all the songs are different and are brilliantly composed but that is true with every piece of music and I would sometimes find myself whistling song's like Saria's song (The Lost Woods theme tune) or Gerudo Valleys theme tune. Hyrule field is a bit empty but is still a beautiful place to just walk or ride around in. I also like the controls and the Z targeting but sometimes you might do something you don't want to but that rarely happens when I play. The dungeons and temples are fun (except the Water Temple) as it puts puzzles in certain environments and can't be found in other areas. The ending is fun and fulfilling but to make this as spoiler free as possible I'm not going to talk about it.

Thanks for reading.
  23. Mar 18, 2016
    I will just say something cause i know im a modern gamer but ill tell you this: I didn't know how a game could be before this N64 game arrived to my bedroom.
  24. Mar 15, 2016
    Probably my absolute favourite games of all time. It's the game I've replayed the most times and the game I look back to if someone asks me about my best childhood memories. I can't see anything wrong with it! I don't know if I'm blinded by the fact that I love the game from childhood or that the game is just perfect.

Even if you are a new gamer or an old gamer who never got the time to

Even if you are a new gamer or an old gamer who never got the time to play Ocarina of Time, I with all my heart recommend you to play it. Despite its age, the game plays flawlessly and the controls still works and feels comfortable. You will not regret it!

I just wish that I could go back in time to play it with new eyes again, because that really was the best feeling I've ever felt. When I get old and am in my death bed, I'd rather play Ocarina of Time than following the light at the end of the tunnel!
  25. Mar 15, 2016
    This overrated game is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time, and the definitive Zelda game. While I don't agree, I do think this is the Nintendo 64 at it's best. Some aspects of this game haven't aged well, but it's still a pretty decent game. The plot, while not as great as say, Wind Waker or A Link to The Past, is good, The graphics are... okay, and theThis overrated game is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time, and the definitive Zelda game. While I don't agree, I do think this is the Nintendo 64 at it's best. Some aspects of this game haven't aged well, but it's still a pretty decent game. The plot, while not as great as say, Wind Waker or A Link to The Past, is good, The graphics are... okay, and the soundtrack is amazing. This game, just like Mario 64 set a lot of standards. ALOT. It jumped the franchise into the 3D world perfectly, and that's something amazing. This is a fantastic game, it's just not my favorite... Please don't crucify me. Expand
  26. Mar 9, 2016
    This game was pretty enjoyable. I really liked a lot of things. Since this game is so heavily filled with puzzles they are a huge part of my score. Most of them are pretty good. The dungeons themselves are well made since I felt genuinely scared at certain parts. Something not a lot of games can do to me. The story is a bit lacking on its own however when put into the timeline it isThis game was pretty enjoyable. I really liked a lot of things. Since this game is so heavily filled with puzzles they are a huge part of my score. Most of them are pretty good. The dungeons themselves are well made since I felt genuinely scared at certain parts. Something not a lot of games can do to me. The story is a bit lacking on its own however when put into the timeline it is better. I wouldn't say this is the best Zelda game though. It is certainly up there though. Expand
  27. Mar 1, 2016
    OK so i love this game but and the controls are a bit weird but that's not what I really want to say what i want to say is that the people giving this bad reviews just because 'the graphics are dull' or 'it only runs at 20 fps' are ( not going to name any one because im just warning you about these people) not looking at the game but are looking for stuff to hate about it just so they canOK so i love this game but and the controls are a bit weird but that's not what I really want to say what i want to say is that the people giving this bad reviews just because 'the graphics are dull' or 'it only runs at 20 fps' are ( not going to name any one because im just warning you about these people) not looking at the game but are looking for stuff to hate about it just so they can go say cod is better or be a gaming hipster i know this is a bit of topic but let me just say people who review something that they find boring but give it a zero with nothing but cheap excuses are just as bad as the water temple. all joke aside i like the games idea of making you have to fight one on one with monsters and how the bosses each have there own mechanics. Expand
  28. Feb 26, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is by far my all-time favourite game, It brings together the classic Zelda formula with a surprisingly expansive world to explore. This game was and still is an instant classic and there is no experience that matches it.
  29. Feb 23, 2016
    El mejor juego de la historia, extenso, grandes gráficas para su generación, demasiado extenso y muy re-jugable, con muchas misiones secundarias, una banda sonora hermosa, temas memorables y con una gran personalidad, es un juego que te marca, que te involucra, en el cual no puedes ser indiferente ante muchos detalles, de igual forma la distribución del control excelente, un HITO en laEl mejor juego de la historia, extenso, grandes gráficas para su generación, demasiado extenso y muy re-jugable, con muchas misiones secundarias, una banda sonora hermosa, temas memorables y con una gran personalidad, es un juego que te marca, que te involucra, en el cual no puedes ser indiferente ante muchos detalles, de igual forma la distribución del control excelente, un HITO en la historia de los videojuegos. Expand
  30. Feb 19, 2016
    amei esse jogo, ele tem uma ótima história, um grande senário pra explorar que por sinal é muito bem feito, ótima trilha sonora, ótima jogabilidade. simplesmente o melhor jogo da 5 geração.
  31. Feb 9, 2016
    One of the best games for its time and for the Nintendo 64. If you missed this, how could you miss a game worth getting once in a lifetime? Not to worry, I bet there's still copies for this game and a Nintendo 64 somewhere in a store near you.
  32. Feb 5, 2016
    Greatest game ever made as a part of the greatest series ever made in terms of quality. j j
  33. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this gameThis game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this game so amazing. The soundtracks and effects, the movement dynamic (which wasn't perfect at the time, but still adds to the game), the characters, the story, everything. Trust me, you NEED TO PLAY THIS. This will always be my favorite game, no matter how amazing any new game might be. Legendary. Expand
  34. Feb 1, 2016
    Its been nearly 18 years since this game came out and nothing has beaten this masterpiece only thing that comes close in my opinion is shadow of colossus
  35. Jan 21, 2016
    I've got two words. Simple and Brilliant. Is there anything other to say? I want to say more but i can't. If you don't played this game yet shame on you! Play it! Seriously,go and buy it!
  36. Jan 14, 2016
    Meh, Undertale was better, plus i never grew up with nintendo so i dunno what's with all the love for this game, honestly, undertale should take the cake for best f-ing game on metacritic.
  37. Jan 6, 2016
    Muy posiblemente el mejor juego de todos los tiempos y con méritos propios mas que un videojuego es una obra de arte y junto con super mario 64, ocarina of time es el padre de los videojuegos modernos
  38. Dec 27, 2015
    Best video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bossesBest video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bosses and dungeons, great gameplay. Accessories were so cool, loved the Ocarina and the horse, characters... Expand
  39. Dec 24, 2015
    First - All those 183 negative Reviews can be completely ignored. They are made by people who hate the game because they hate Zelda or arent made for the Genre at all. The Game is NOT! reviewed by any objective means. Just overread them. Most of those people are probably in puberty.

Now to the game: Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than

Now to the game:

Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than Castlevania 64, which has awful graphics, controls and gameplay, but is comparable) it was the 2. Nintendo 64 Game with really good Controls. It was also, after Mario 64 , the first Action Adventure worth playing on Nintendo 64.

The Game is packed full with secrets, collectables and content. You were introduced to Epona, a now iconic Horse in the Zelda Universe and could also ride it - In a fun and entertaining way.

The characters, for the time, were scary or hilarious, entertaining or evil. You could tell pretty fast what kind of NPC you are facing, which was a challenge due the lack of high resolution textures.

Link, the main character, was sympathic and easy to love.

The graphics, for it times, were amazing. You felt like LIVING in Hyrule and everything you did wasnt just Link, it was you.

The amount of dungeons was impressive. So much content for a N64 Game wasnt something you could just expect. Even compared to AAA Titles today, the Game still stands out as high class.

To be fair, the 3D Remake for the 3DS wasnt necessary. But it gave people today the chance to play this Masterpiece, so it is absolutely fine.

Sure, for me, this title offers also nostalgic feelings and memories of months of entertainment. But isnt that also something the game achieved? Entertain me in 98 and made me fall in love?

The Game is dated. It is, absolutely. If you want to play it, buy the 3DS Version and enjoy a great Adventure while you are in the train, bus or at home on the couch.
  40. Dec 23, 2015
    I am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch whereI am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch where you could finish the game in 10 mins. anyway i did play through it some more. i liked some of the stuff but i just rage quitted at the water temple. i betcha this game hadnt got a water temple it would have got 100% people saying "Best Game EVER" and stuff like that. now te super mario 64 was revolutionary and one of the best games ever made for it. so was goldeneye. but i still cant forgive nintendo for the disaster of this game. rather play ride to hell retribution Expand
  41. Dec 16, 2015
    Is this game overrated? Yes, very much so. It isn't the best game ever made. But it is still a better game than most.

Let's cover the good stuff first. As far as immersive and enjoyable game worlds go, Ocarina of Time is damn good. It has been the influence for every open-world game since. The story, while fairly cliche when taken as a whole, is actually quite enjoyable. This incarnation of Hyrule is iconic, with the locations and music of this land engraved into the minds of anyone who has played this game. Speaking of the music, there is not a single tune from this game that isn't recognizable. The gameplay is standard Zelda fare, although a new (for the time) Z-Targeting mechanic makes the game more combat-oriented than it's predecessors.

And this is when we take a look at OoT's two fundamental flaws.

The first carries on from than combat-oriented comment. The gameplay is combat-oriented, but the world isn't. It's still a puzzle game, although a very simple one. The combat feels incredibly disconnected from the rest of the game. You are rarely, if ever, required to be aware of your surroundings during a fight. There is a much bigger flaw however: a new dimension has been added and pixels have been swapped for polygons but the design hasn't budged an inch. You still push blocks. You still throw bombs. You still fight bats. Only now, it's in three spectacular dimensions. But there many cases where things that worked in A Link to the Past don't work in Ocarina of Time. Bats used to be fun, easy enemies, now they are a pain in the arse. Bombs still have a throw arc, meaning that you really have no idea where they will land. The "throwing the bomb down a few floors to activate a switch" challenge returns and, put simply, doesn't work, due in no small part to the fact that you cannot see where you supposed to be throwing the thing.

Frankly, if you love this game, what I have said won't matter. If you hate this game, you'll wonder why I have given this game such a high score after basically pointing out two major flaws. I still like this game. It's not perfect, but hey, what game is?
  42. Dec 14, 2015
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores 최고의 단순히 최고 Просто лучший из лучших Einfach das Beste vom Besten Simpliciter optima optimis Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα 簡直是最好的最好的 Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších 最高の簡単で最良の Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores
    최고의 단순히 최고
    Просто лучший из лучших
    Einfach das Beste vom Besten
    Simpliciter optima optimis
    Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα
    簡直是最好的最好的
    Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších
    最高の簡単で最良の
    Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
  43. Dec 8, 2015
    This is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. OneThis is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. One of the only titles to warrant not the simple title of a game, but an art that tried to be more than just fun and evolved into a life experience. Expand
  44. Nov 25, 2015
    The MASTER PIECE by exelence, this title is an after and before in the videogame history. No game has ever even get close to Ocarina, and now i think it will never be supered.
  45. Nov 19, 2015
    Incredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are andIncredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are and can be a form of art. Expand
  46. Nov 15, 2015
    Only when I played this game, I understood this is a game - a legend of the game industry. Nintendo been able to do a legend. It's a pity, what not 100 out of 100.
  47. Nov 13, 2015
    I only gonma say: Perfect game a master piece of the n64 era this is my favorite rpg of all times. I dont know whats wrong with those 174 negative critics maybe this game was too hard for them lol really this deserve even more than a 10
  48. Nov 8, 2015
    I won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds betterI won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds better controls (In my opinion), better graphics (Some of the stuff looks terrible and hasn't aged well), portability, 3D, Master Quest, and so many more advantages. As for N64: A master piece that has aged badly, with a very much superior port. Expand
  49. Nov 6, 2015
    O jogo inovou sua época, se tornou referência para os subsequentes. A jogabilidade, com aqueles quebra-cabeças únicos e enredo envolvente, nunca serão batidos. Best game ever!
  50. Nov 5, 2015
    Este Juego para mi es una puñetera obra maestra del sector del entretenimiento ,Graficos espectaculares en la epoca,Enemigos increibles ,es una pasada
  51. Nov 3, 2015
    One of the greatest, if not the greatest video game of all time. It plays better than most modern games nowadays. Take note from this, game designers.
  52. Oct 31, 2015
    Best N64 game and BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! MUST. BUY.!!! For a reason this is the top rated game in Metacritic history, still no game has tied with it or surpassed it.
  53. Oct 23, 2015
    Not my favorite zelda game, but its... ok, you got me, its the greatest game of all time.

Revolutionary, Epic, Well-written and Beautiful are just a few words words to describe this perfect game.
  54. Oct 23, 2015
    I can't stress this enough; this game is one of very few I can say "Wow, this is absolutely phenomenal" to. It's deserved, too; this is not only the grandfather of modern Zelda games, but arguably better than even newer ones, which is extraordinary.
  55. Oct 23, 2015
    What is there to say, anyone that has played this game it's just going to be a prettier version of the best game ever. To anyone playing this for the first time, I am truly jealous. It's not nostalgia that makes this game great, it is the game it self. It stands the test of time and even beats some current games. Easily my favorite game of all time.
  56. Oct 18, 2015
    This game is not as special as people say it is. Graphics, even if kinda basic, have aged decently, but the story is heavily borrowed from A Link To The Past and the gameplay is as vanilla as a 3D Zelda game gets. The dungeons are also not either as interesting as other Zelda games, but some of the puzzles are well designed. I think you can skip this one.
  57. Oct 17, 2015
    So I never played a Zelda game until this one, and when I wan't even half way trough the game, it became my favorite of all time. This review is not a nostalgia because I beat the game about a month ago and it was brilliant. Get it on the virtual console if you can.
  58. Oct 15, 2015
    Ocarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too longOcarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too long to be attacked. If you want a real review, watch Egoraptor's video on Youtube comparing it to Link to the Past. Expand
  59. Oct 12, 2015
    This is quite honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life. Many will say this game is overrated but it is not it gets the recognition it deserves.
  60. Oct 5, 2015
    Best game all time!!!
    (PT-BR) Sem dúvida alguma um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, uma verdadeira obra-prima. revolucionário, muito da jogabilidade que temos hoje em dia foram criadas em Ocarina Of Time!
  61. Oct 5, 2015
    Jogo muito bom e alucinante,as músicas,gameplay e jogatina espetaculares,tudo em uma perfeita sicronia na história.Revolucionario até hoje em dia...
  62. Oct 3, 2015
    My favourite game of all time, music, enviroment, all is **** perfect. Ojalá llegara al 10.0,is a pretty good game. Zelda franquise is the best in the world.
  63. Sep 28, 2015
    O game é simplesmente perfeito para a sua época, tudo desse jogo é PERFEITO! Existem pessoas sem bom senso que estão avaliando ele com conceitos da atualidade, opiniões que não podem ser levadas em consideração.

The game is just perfect for its time, all of the game is PERFECT! There are people with no common sense who are evaluating it with concepts of today, that opinions can not be taken into account.
  64. Sep 24, 2015
    Definitely this is the best game ever created, nice graphics for 1998, legit story, gameplay and songs. This is the only game near the perfection no one going to make a game better than this.
  65. Sep 16, 2015
    Not even all the compliments on earth will ever begin to describe this masterpiece. The most important milestone on gaming history, this game teached every game afterwards how a plot and OST should be written, how gameplay should be, how characters development should become, etc.
    This game sets the foundation for every RPG and it's mechanics were updated and used in many many games such as the "The Z-targeting" camera feature.
    The fact most newcomers to the gaming world hate this masterpiece just adds to it's legendary status.
    The best Game ever created forever.
  66. Sep 8, 2015
    quite simply perfection, love the story the graphics the game play every gamer needs to play this game it is as simple as that everything in the story culminates in such an incredible ending this game is just gold I cherish it as I know you will too.
  67. Sep 2, 2015
    this is hands down one of the best zelda games ever made. great story with amazing plot with great charcter design. if you have an n64 play this game right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  68. Aug 28, 2015
    Is the best game in my childhood and still remains a great game and a great up to this point, I feel cool that this game be the first in the sequence of Metacritic, bravo to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Childhood memories will always superb here.
  69. Aug 22, 2015
    As many others i played this game as a child and loved it, i later went back to it and oh my..

If you actually play this critically nowadays this game is dead set in mediocrity. The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies. The World is vast and empty. And the puzzles are centered around utilizing 3d space(because it was new) and NOTHING else! Worst of all the

The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies.
    The World is vast and empty.
    Worst of all the whole world is centered around 3d objects set in a 2d recipe and it does not match! Enemies will at time appear on top of you or behind you and the camera is no use at those points it's only good for targeting.

Now i wouldn't go as far as to say that this game is bad but to me time has revealed a badly aged and poorly designed "classic"
  70. Aug 22, 2015
    O JOGO É QUASE PERFEITO. PARA ÉPOCA ELE TEM GRÁFICOS LINDO. OS SONS SÃO MUITO MELHORES QUE QUALQUER JOGO DE 1998. SUA JOGABILIDADE E DE SE INVEJAR. O NÍVEL DE DIVERSÃO NEM SE FALA.
  71. Aug 20, 2015
    Playing this game as a kid would make your stomach tickle due to being overwhelmed by all the new things, Everything about this game had such a magical reminiscent ambiance. The graphics were the best of the best back then, textures on characters looked so clean, beautiful, and the enemies looked bad ass.
    The characters were charismatic and were so interesting.The story line would just pull you in forcing you to desire to know whats going to happen next getting more and more serious.And THAT Soundtrack oh my god...did it leave a scar in my mind for ever, hearing it again as an adult just brought back magical child hood memories and hit me like a feel hammer. Ending the game made me rethink of the songs ive heard all the people ive met and rescued all the demons i slayed and left me in tears.

Truly a tear droping master piece, nothing like it for years to come 10/10
  72. Aug 11, 2015
    A master piece, doing allusion to the temple of time, Ocarina of Time it is an very advanced work for his time, simply the best game of all time.

It is a timeless work, it showed that video games can also make you mourn, laugh, that the hairs stand on end in your skin when you return to listening to his music and they can be considered art. Simply the best game ever.
  73. Aug 10, 2015
    The MUSIC and the SPACE from a 28mb game is absolutely mind blowing for me. I love this game more than a lot of things in life, I have a tattoo on my right shoulder, not because IM a Zelda fanatic, but because when I'm older I want to remember some happy memories in a difficult area of my adolescence.

There's a reason why this sits on the helm of all games.
  74. Aug 10, 2015
    What can be said about this game that has not already been said? Its truly a masterpiece that will always be remembered in the gaming community. Those who rates this game poorly only try to piss people off. 10/10 no doubt.
  75. Aug 9, 2015
    About this game i can only say that is perfect. I cant express by words how much i love this game. This game for that time was the King of The Hill and for me i think is still a masterpiece. I still continue playing after years he makes me happy, and remember my childhood. Its a masterpiece to remember for years and generations.
  76. Aug 3, 2015
    This is truly a masterpiece. The opening cinematic still gives me shivers. The boss fights are still exciting. The music is still just as great as it always was. This is a TRUE adventure - one that never seems to grow old. I wish I could relieve it again for the first time.
  77. Jul 25, 2015
    For 1998, this game had everything possible. Great graphics and storyline, as far as open world, horseback riding, great music, etc. Just everything was at the highest level. As we know, this was the era of 3D gaming. Many have tried to move other great games from 2D to 3D and not anyone were successful. Miyamoto and the rest, but they did it. I played all the parts Zelda And this was madeFor 1998, this game had everything possible. Great graphics and storyline, as far as open world, horseback riding, great music, etc. Just everything was at the highest level. As we know, this was the era of 3D gaming. Many have tried to move other great games from 2D to 3D and not anyone were successful. Miyamoto and the rest, but they did it. I played all the parts Zelda And this was made in memory of me most and gave me the results "WoW !! This is amazing."

I do not understand why people say it's overrated. It's that something old is better than new it means that is overrated? Noooo! The young do not understand. For them, it's already weak graphics old control system, etc. but in 1998, this game had everything. Since it is so overrated that the TP is modeled on oot and WW? (a treehouse, spider boss (Gohma), Ganon again is a in top tower in castle, blue and red Tunick, Water dungeons like water dungeons of OOT (floors) and fight the boss is reminiscent of the WW) and much much more.

OOT gave much novelty and freshness in this series
  78. Jul 20, 2015
    HOLY HELL THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME. Yes, it may be a bit overblown, but that does not mean it is not amazing, buy this game, in any way, on the Wii, Wii U, N64, DS. 5000 characters is not enough to sum up how awesome this game is!
  79. Jun 29, 2015
    This is without a doubt the best game ever made for its time. It invented many gameplay elements that have been reused not only for other Zelda games, but for tons of games in the entire action-adventure genre. The secrets that fill Hyrule to the brim give this game tons of replay value, and I find myself playing through it over and over again. It has exciting boss fights, challengingThis is without a doubt the best game ever made for its time. It invented many gameplay elements that have been reused not only for other Zelda games, but for tons of games in the entire action-adventure genre. The secrets that fill Hyrule to the brim give this game tons of replay value, and I find myself playing through it over and over again. It has exciting boss fights, challenging dungeons, and while its story is a little simple, it gave the first really thorough explanation of the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce. There were so many ways Nintendo could have messed up their first 3D Zelda game, and they carried it out perfectly. Any issues this game has are so minor that there's no way they could ever keep it from being the most revolutionary video game the world has ever seen. Expand
  80. Jun 21, 2015
    Being the first 3D Zelda game introduced to the series, Ocarina of Time is considered by many to be the best game of all time, it is fun, exciting, and very enjoyable.

Plot: The game starts off with the main character Link laying in bed, he has a nightmare with the main villain chasing the princess of Hyrule. The Great Deku Tree summons a fairy by the name of Navi to aid Link in his

Plot:
    The game starts off with the main character Link laying in bed, he has a nightmare with the main villain chasing the princess of Hyrule. The Great Deku Tree summons a fairy by the name of Navi to aid Link in his quest to save Hyrule from destruction. Navi finds LInk in his bed and tells him the Great Deku Tree has summoned him. Link agrees to visit the Great Deku Tree and learns that he has placed a curse on him by the main villain of the game, he is asked to remove the curse. Once Link removes the curse the Deku Tree tells him that Hyrule is in danger, he asks Link to find the princess of the land and begins his quest to save Hyrule.

Gameplay:
    You begin the game with nothing in your inventory, you have to find a sword to fight your way through the monsters you encounter in the game along with a shield to go with it. You find rupees which are used as the currency in the game to buy items, this is very useful for buying potions and miscellaneous items such as deku sticks, nuts, seeds, and arrows to aid Link. The combat is very easy to learn right off the bat, you find a sword and can side slash, jump slash, or stab your opponents.

The game is open world with tons of collectibles to collect throughout, such as extra heart pieces, gold skulltullas to upgrade wallet capacity, and secret locations. You encounter dungeons you must to do progress the main game, every dungeon is enjoyable to play through, the puzzles are simple to learn, and the bosses are uniquely designed. At the end of each dungeon will earn an extra heart container to increase health capacity, plus you will earn an item that you need to progress. The Water Temple is the hardest dungeon in the game, the layout is confusing to learn, but nevertheless still very fun to play through every time.

Graphics:
    The game looks fantastic, it is beautiful to look at, much like Super Mario 64. The game can lag at times depending on what console you play on (Virtual Console, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, iQue), it is an old game after all.

Music:
    The original score is just as great as any other Zelda game, being composed by Koji Kondo, his score is as great as the previous games. The music sets the mood no matter where you are in the game, the score is one of the best in video game history.

Final Opinion:
    Ocarina of Time is considered to be the greatest game ever made, there is so much to do in the game that it will keep you entertained all the way through. The story is well written, the gameplay is very fun, the graphics are nice to look at, and the original score is just the icing on the cake.
  81. Jun 17, 2015
    AWESOME MASTERPIECE, what else can I say about this game, that anybody don't say? *.* awesome graphics for his time, memorable music, charismatic characters. A MUST HAVE for Nintendo 64
  82. Jun 5, 2015
    It's the masterpiece. Flawless. Incredible. Fun. Everything you would ever want in a video game. If you never loved this masterpiece and absolutely incredible game, then start right now.
  83. May 28, 2015
    A fantastic game and my first zelda game. This game is one of the best N64 games you can find and should please any fans of puzzle and action games alike
  84. May 26, 2015
    I have played this game various times on every system its available on. And to this day, with well over 300 games played since, i can honestly say this is the single greatest game EVER created, and it will never be outdone. There are some that have came close in their own way, but never a complete package such as this.
  85. May 19, 2015
    this game is amazing the graphics are wow nice graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game has beautiful musics that make me happy (and bit sleepy) this game is goty for the present days this game is hyped and not like fnaf fnaf suck a lot this game is terrible but person say this game is goty
  86. May 17, 2015
    Just beat this game for the first time and although its not the masterpiece everyone says it is, I had a ton of fun and it is definitely up there in my "favourite games" catergory.

Plot: Link or [Insert your name here] is a boy who is a part of the Kokiri Race and lives in Kokiri Forest. Link's destiny is to defeat the evil Ganondorf (The Gerudo King) and save Princess Zelda. There is much to the story but I don't want to spoil too much.

Gameplay: The gameplay was pretty good for the most part, just gets extremely frusterating because of the lack of buttons on the N64 controller. I praise the Z-Targeting in the game as without it, it would be an extremely hard. The enemies that will piss you off the most are the bats and other flying creatures as they are the hardest to aim at.

Sound: I found OOT funny in the sense that Link always makes the HYAH HYEAH HEYA HUP for every action you do besides running or walking. Didn't come across too many SFX issues because everything I hit sounded exactly how I think it would sound in real life.

Music: This soundtrack is incredible. Its so memorable and I see how people can keep humming or whistling this song wherever you go. A personal favourite of mine is Kakoriko Town followed up by the Song of Storms song in the windmill (Both places centered around Kakoriko Town :D). I certainly can't wait to play Majoras Mask and see their memorable soundtracks too!!

Characters: 85% of characters are very minor and do nothing with the story, but they are memorable and you know what type of traits they carry. Like the couple swinging around in the Castle Marketplace which they do that 24/7 and never get tired. The only characters that you will probably remember are Zelda, Ganondorf and Mido that little prick.

Textures/Graphics/Design: That true N64 look, reused textures and the polygonal shapes everywhere. It looks aged as of today, but that still doesn't stop me from thinking how mind-blowing it was back in the day, a truly wonderful and unique world.

Random Notes: Although I bought this game at a garage sale for fairly cheap (N64 version), you are best off emulating it or getting the 3DS version (Pirating is wrong mkay) the N64 title is highly demanded will cost a lot.

Do you recommend? Yes
    How long did it take you to beat? Approx. 25 hours (I collected a lot of items and did the side quests)
    What's the best part about the game? The soundtrack
    What's the worst part about the game? The **** bats

Overall Ratings

Plot: 9/10 (Reviewing like I am played it in 1998, its unfair to compare it to newer games)
    Gameplay 8/10
    Sound 9/10
    Music 10/10
    Characters 9/10
    Textures/Graphics/Design 9/10

Overall 9/10

Awesome game, will be playing Majora's Mask and it better be just as good as Ocarina of Time and I bet it will.
  87. May 2, 2015
    Best game of all time, by alot for me because for me it's not just a game but it's my family. my father used to love this game before he died and he logged off in the temple of time the last time he played. when i checked his profile he was at the graveyard. It tries to communicate with me, it know's. this game should be worshiped as a god
  88. Apr 27, 2015
    First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do.First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do. But if you are like me and don't mind a refresher, Navi doesn't seem so obnoxious.

So Link wakes up and Navi basically explains the Deku Tree (the ONLY tree I know with a mustache) needs to see him. Now I as the player begin to move him around with the little joystick and make him run outside his little tree house. Looks like we're in a forest; the Kokiri Forest to be exact. First instinct is to explore around, learn how to pick up rocks and throw them, learn to break pots, run through grass to find stray rupees, and of course find out that Mido is a real jerk. Not sure how he does this, but he slides all the way around the area he is guarding and doesn't let you in because Link is "different" somehow. By the way, Mido is the leader of the Kokiri Forest children running around.

A bit peeved, I run around looking for a sword and shield just like Navi told me to do after saying 'Hello' to Mido (ironically, Link cannot speak). As I find the sword and shield buy dodging rolling boulders and cutting people's lawns for any money I found, I noticed something strange. All these kids running around... not ONE. SINGLE. ADULT!! It was like watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy and wondering the same thing: who watches these children? Does anybody care at all what happens to them!? So I get the sword and shield and shove them in Mido's face and he begrudgingly lets me pass. Off to visit the Deku Tree!

Apparently this old sap was dying and I had to go inside his mouth and kill something to make him feel better. This is the first dungeon of the game. This is where the puzzle aspect comes into play. I was climbing webs, pushing blocks, looting chests, getting lost, freaking out at these huge spiders with skulls as abomens as they drop from the ceiling, and, my favorite hobby, burning things with sticks! Eventually I reached a point where I just couldn't go further. So, got lost again and bumped my head into a chest containing a slingshot. This slingshot was going to help further my progress by allowing me to shoot things from a safe distance.

Finally found the last room where the apparent evil that was killing the Deku Tree was hiding and boy was it dark! Walking around cautiously I hear the same sound that the spiders made when they were moving. Of course, I look up to see if I was right... oh I was right alright. In fact, I was so right the game went widescreen, zoomed in on this spider and it reveals one big orange eye that glares at me with such contempt. The eight-legged freak drops from the ceiling and some white text appears: Parasitic Armored Arachnid GOHMA! I believed myself to be knee deep in scat at this point, so I ran around frantically hoping Navi would say something useful for once! Gohma gets close to me and stands upright, focusing a red glaring eye upon me. Navi finally uses her magical power to pause the game and hint that I should poke its eye. Really Navi? You want me to irritate this guy by poking it in the DAMN EYE!? Fine. I'll shoot a pebble in the eye and see if Gohma gets some more redness and asks Ben Stein for some eyedrops. Apparently shooting a slingshot hurt a lot more than I thought! Gohma falls down and her eye is flashing all sorts of colors. I pull out my twig-sized sword and hack away. Gohma gets back up after 4 slashes and we do this dance allover again. Run around, stand in fear as Gohma begins to stare into my soul with her crimson gaze, fling a pebble in her eye, watch her fall down, pull out twig, smack her with it, and then she dissipates.

Got that out of the way, but apparently the Deku Tree's doctor only gave him so much time to live. In other words, I was too late. The tree was dying and he gives Link a Kokiri Emerald. I guess I should keep it. After all, it's a parting gift and it is shiny. But there is more to this game than just killing time in dungeons, solving puzzles, laying the smack down on spiders bigger than any boot you will ever find, and then watching the trees die! There are mini-games, sidequests, weapons galore, secrets, fairies, engrossing story developments, songs to play, adventures to be had, and NPCs who may strike you as odd, peculiar, creepy, and even pretty. The game's main mechanic has got to be the Ocarina of Time. It is used in many places to open doors, raise water levels, turn night into day, teleport Link to previous locations, and even make it rain! I would say more, but I don't want to spoil anything else. OoT is just a timeless classic that never gets old.
  89. Apr 21, 2015
    This game is brilliant. The game itself shows the gaming audience that graphics do not make a good game. The story is legendary. The game play is awesome. Any chance you can, BUY IT!!!!!
  90. Apr 20, 2015
    It's practically a crime to say that Ocarina of Time is a bad game. The story is timeless, the gameplay is great and the bosses are really awesome. The only thing that sucks about this game is that stupid Water Temple. It is still an amazing game, but in my opinion, it isn't my favorite Zelda game.
  91. Apr 18, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 is one of the most overhyped games in existence, its got bland gameplay. Absolutely terrible combat mechanics and runs at a staggering twenty frames per second (16 in PAL regions)
  92. Mar 29, 2015
    3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play it again. OoT is on a whole different level. A level higher than Halo, CoD, Destiny, and all those other overated games. OoT is a must play for gamers around the world! Expand
  93. Mar 22, 2015
    1,000/10 .............................................................................................................................................
  94. Mar 22, 2015
    A revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay andA revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay and timelessness of the game certainly do. Ocarina of Time is a marvelous experience. Expand
  95. Mar 22, 2015
    Un gran juegazo, de los mejores de la historia me trae muy buenos recuerdos una pena que estuviera en ingles.

Graficazos y grandes personajes en una historia emocionante.
  96. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich sollten allein schon für die vergangene Arbeit , die für diese Legende in Ideen und Features übergegangen sind , mindestens 3 Punkte hergegeben werden . Keine Ahnung , was sich manche unter gut vorstellen ;D Dieser Klassiker gehört gewürdigt und verdient die 99 % vollkommen zu Recht ^-^
  97. Mar 12, 2015
    Whilst not perfect as nothing is, this game managed to fully immerse me in it's simple yet captivating storyline, gameplay and art style.

I'm trying to not be bias, due me being a Legend of Zelda fan, but I can truly say that if you give this game a chance that lasts longer than 20 minuites (I truly believe the first twenty can be the worst part in the game) then you'll be rewarded the points I have just described.

As others have said, a true classic. The 3DS version is also, brilliant.
  98. Jub
    Mar 8, 2015
    This game is still my favourite.

From start to finish it's an absolute pleasure to play, which is something that I can't say about many games. I'm sitting here trying to think of things that I don't like about it but I'm stumped. So here's the things I like about it; Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world
    This game is still my favourite.

Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world exploration, levelling system (or lack of), abilities. There's probably more but you get the point.

I could write pages and pages about this game but there's no point. I've played hundreds and hundreds of games over the course of several decades and I still love this game. And this isn't just nostalgia - I've revisited the game multiple times since my original playthrough in 1998 and it still is THAT good. This is something I've tried with other games but sadly they have not withstood the test of time anywhere near as well.

There are aspects to this game that developers should be using for their games today - an example of this is the levelling system. No need to for XP bars, skill trees or any of that nonsense. Just keep it simple. You're health goes up slowly as you make progress but doubly as you explore more areas and find secrets. You find new items which reward you with new abilities. It's all you need. Levelling shouldn't be a big deal and should basically be invisible to the player.

Anyways, there's only a few reasons why you would be reading my review;
    1. You've played the game and like it - hello (see '2' if you're looking to play it again).

2. You haven't played the game - then I suggest you get the 3DS version. It's the best legitimate version available. If you don't want that then you can get it on the Wii eShop. I'll also remind you that the WiiU has a Wii inside it [not everyone knows this]. So yes, you can play OoT on your WiiU but you'll need an old controller.

3. You've played the game and don't like it - thanks for reading anyway.

I probably could have left this blank and just let the date of my review say everything I need. It's 17 years later and I'm still talking about it.
  99. Mar 7, 2015
    The game is playable, but too difficult to proceed in certain sections for younger gamers, which will lead to frustration at being stuck. A Zelda game like Majora's Mask has less situations in which players are unable to continue past a certain spot. Hopefully going forward, Nintendo will lean more on the Majora's Mask model than on Ocarina of Time.
  100. Feb 28, 2015
    Zelda ocarina p4p all time. ................................................................................................................................
  101. Jun 6, 2011
    And now here's a good one. It is the highest rated for a reason. It has a really good adventure, and is unbelievably starts off easy and then it gets hard, then it's easy again. Nice!

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.