• Publisher: Acclaim
  • Release Date: Feb 28, 1997
  • Also On: PC
8.0

1. Feb 18, 2015
    This game deserves 11 out of 10 but I can't do more, so I can only give a 10. I love the weapons and graphics;although, some people who are bad at it say the levels are too hard. To me the levels are fine and not too confusing since I have a pretty good memory. I still have this awesome game, and wish that more games would follow this example. If you see a negative review they are probablyThis game deserves 11 out of 10 but I can't do more, so I can only give a 10. I love the weapons and graphics;although, some people who are bad at it say the levels are too hard. To me the levels are fine and not too confusing since I have a pretty good memory. I still have this awesome game, and wish that more games would follow this example. If you see a negative review they are probably wrong. A lot of people that I know also like this game, so if you haven't tried it, go ahead and try it today! I am almost certain you will like it! Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2012
    Turok showed the way for the next generation first person shooters!Back in 1997 when i first got my hands on this DIAMOND i was thralled by its presence!ULTRA graphics,VICIOUS enemies,HUGE arsenal,UNBELIEVABLE music...So don't listen to BenjaminB.s sh*tty review.........PERIOD!
    ps.also the boss fights were EPIC!
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    All i have to say is if you want a fun shooter that is adventure and B.C. like.Then this game is really for you and should be on shelves.If you're not used to the c-buttons being that you move then maybe not.The game has one flaw but other than that this game is awesome! There is no loading time and it is fast paste and adventurous in all means this is a buy!
  4. Mar 11, 2012
    This is the oldest FPS I have ever played. From what I have played, it is pretty cool, with some clever gameplay. The only problems are the awkward and extremely diffucult controls and the camera, which slightly hurts the experience.
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    Its a great FPS for its time the AI is really stupid but you will be playing the game due to its silliness. The game also doesnt really have music but sounds that make you feel like you are there. Graphics are just funny to look at I really recommend this game the price is about a dollar now.
  6. Jul 24, 2011
    I absolutely loved this game as a kid. It was the first FPS I owned on the Nintendo 64, and I just loved it. The setting of it was great, exploring the jungle, climbing through ancient ruins, wandering through caves and underwater passages, it's just great. I definitely logged more hours with this game than any other, even after Goldeneye came around a few months later, this was still myI absolutely loved this game as a kid. It was the first FPS I owned on the Nintendo 64, and I just loved it. The setting of it was great, exploring the jungle, climbing through ancient ruins, wandering through caves and underwater passages, it's just great. I definitely logged more hours with this game than any other, even after Goldeneye came around a few months later, this was still my favorite FPS on the N64. But just because I'm having a blast of nostalgia doesn't mean that everything I have to say about this game is necessarily a good thing. Its one of the best games on the Nintendo 64, but it still has its flaws. Some very obvious, others not so significant. First off, Turok... is hard. It has a very fair difficulty curve, but the majority of the game requires the player to wander aimlessly through a landscape that usually has a whole jumble of paths that lead to areas very far away, often leading to nowhere important or the player comes to find out that they cannot proceed without having pressed a button or switch somewhere else. Each level contains multiple artifacts that the player must collect in order to access other maps, which means that there are many different locations the player must go through to get them, and they will most likely have to play the level again multiple times in order to get the rest. Every time a level is restarted, all enemies, puzzles, doors, and items are reset. So you have to kill everything ALL OVER again, hit all the buttons ALL OVER again, etc. It can be very tedious at times, especially if one gets lost, which is guaranteed to happen many, many times. Getting lost in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter is extremely frustrating due to the extreme case of multiple-path syndrome that Turok is notorious for, and can also be very deadly: Every enemy you kill re-spawns a short time later. Meaning, you can never actually kill an enemy permanently, regardless if you leave the level or not. They just keep coming and coming. If you get lost, and end up in areas you've already been, there's a very good chance everything you just killed in that room is back again, ready to blow you away just as it did the last 5 or 6 times you passed through. The first few times you play Turok, it's can be daunting. But once you get the game nailed down, it's very enjoyable. It has very good length and and lots of re-playability. Lots of secrets to find, lost of hidden areas to explore, just overall a good time no mater how many times you play it. It's a classic, a staple game for the Nintendo 64 that should be in everyone's collection. Expand
  7. Jan 24, 2011
    I loved this game so much and I am still waiting for a game to capture the same type of atmosphere this game did back in the day with limited resources.
  8. JakeS.
    Jan 26, 2010
    its the best game i ever played for the n64 i have been playing it fo years till this day finding out new secrets i went to ebay to by a system to save last week just for this game i never seen a game better then this
  9. Starfire
    Oct 23, 2007
    Exploring the misty, dinosaur-infested worlds here was an eye-opening experience. It was an unusually mature N64 title, with sudden attacks and pounding, rhythmic music; the colours and the sense of moving through vast areas helped as well. It used the N64 in a unique way and showed what was possible when 3rd parties really used the machine well.
  10. BenjaminB.
    Apr 2, 2007
    It's a stupid, linear 1st person shooter with a lack of enemy-intelligence.
  11. Andrew
    Aug 20, 2005
    This is one of the stepping stones in FPS history. It opened the door for games like Serious Sam. Also it was one of the first uniquely mature games, exclusive to the N64. You wanted Turok, you had to go NIntendo.
  12. Sam
    Apr 4, 2005
    Turok was for me a truely unique and awe-inspiring experience at the time. My Nintendo 64 days would not have been the same without the Turok series, and the first part (Dinosaur Hunter) still remains the be the best ever Turok, even after all this time.
  13. Turok
    Aug 12, 2004
    The Best dinosaur game ever. Too bad the series has fallen from grace. (Because of the horrible, wretched evolution)
  14. RobertC.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Probably the first first-person shooter I ever played...so I have to hold homage to it, plus the fact it's a great game.
  15. Uter
    Sep 5, 2003
    There aren't many 1st person shooters on par with this 1 player adventure. Something a little strange is that there's no deathmatch multiplayer. But they fixed that with Turok 2. Turok 2 is the better game, but the 1 player adventure here is a little more fun.

1. This game has some serious replay. With all the hidden secrets and the pieces of the Chronoscepter (I hope I spelled that right) to find, you'll be playing this game for quite awhile.
  2. After the smoke clears, and the nuclear radiation fades, Turok: The Dinosaur Hunter is one of the finest games in video game history. It combines every element that makes a good game flawlessly.
  3. Turok's flashy stuff notwithstanding, it is the game's incredibly rich and complex level construction and enemy AI that will keep your heart pounding and the sweat beading until the very end.