10,000,000 PC

7.3

1. Jan 18, 2013
    I was kind of disappointed with this game as it kind of looks like one of those retro-style gems that pop up every once in a while. It was not. The game is very simple, involving a man who has to constantly run through a dungeon over and over until he earns 1,000,000 pixel-money to get out. It doesn't really attempt any sort of plot. Anyway, the gameplay consists of your man who constantlyI was kind of disappointed with this game as it kind of looks like one of those retro-style gems that pop up every once in a while. It was not. The game is very simple, involving a man who has to constantly run through a dungeon over and over until he earns 1,000,000 pixel-money to get out. It doesn't really attempt any sort of plot. Anyway, the gameplay consists of your man who constantly runs and stops whenever he runs into a monster or a chest/door. You then have to match damage icons to kill the monsters or key icons to open to locks. That is pretty much the entire gist of the gameplay. There are some other icons mixed in that give you shields or items or resources, but the game is extremely fast paced and doesn't allow for any sort of planning. You just match things as quickly as possible, vaguely aiming for keys or damaging buttons, and even though the game tells you to clear the other useless tiles in-between encounters, you're not actually able to because that in-between time is about 0.5 seconds. Thus, you should really only look at this game if you're interested in an action game, rather than a puzzle game. Other than that 'mini-game' section, you can buy upgrades in between rounds. Really the game seems to work like a cheap Flash game in which it's pretty much impossible to get anywhere near the finishline based on your own skill, so you need to constantly run the dungeon in order to get resources to upgrade yourself. It's kind of annoying when you spam damaging combos but can't kill a monster simply because you're not supposed to. You're supposed to run the dungeon 10 more times and then upgrade the damage that your tiles do. It's not all bad. You do get some items while you play that hurt enemies or change your tiles a little bit. You can also active potions that change the gameplay a little bit. But it doesn't really make up for the boring gameplay. I don't think I'd mind so much if you couldn't get the exact same game on the iPhone for less than half the price. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2013
    I never feel as though I am playing on a competitive level, I always feel behind the curve. When I advance a level, I feel as though it was a fluke. The entire play of the game feels random, I topped out on my ability to match squares long ago. Now I just take the good tiles when they come, and suffer when they don't. Every once in a while I do really well, and it pushes me to the nextI never feel as though I am playing on a competitive level, I always feel behind the curve. When I advance a level, I feel as though it was a fluke. The entire play of the game feels random, I topped out on my ability to match squares long ago. Now I just take the good tiles when they come, and suffer when they don't. Every once in a while I do really well, and it pushes me to the next difficulty level. But I don't feel my advances have anything to do with my skill. Usually it's a very lucky set of combos that pushes me to the next level. In between times I grind hopelessly against monsters, just to save some loot to slowly upgrade myself before I fluke into the next level.

Best thing about this game:
    Sound

Worst thing about the game:
    Gameplay
  3. Mar 27, 2013
    After a while the game starts to become a little bit of monotonous. But that´s okay! 10,000,000 is a lot of fun, and I have ran the same dungeon over and over again. A classical indiegame.
  4. AWG
    Jun 4, 2013
    10,000,000 surprised me: I was expecting some lame RPG-themed tile-matching repetitive and plain stuff but I got a very addictive and challenging game, that stole almost 10 hours of my Steam time.
  5. May 11, 2015
    For a matching game, this one was fun, but still rode the boring bus to drooltown pretty quick. I had higher expectations (my own fault possibly), and was let down by mind numbing play over and over again. If I had my money back, I would not buy this again.

1. PC Gamer UK
    Mar 30, 2013
    Its lighthearted retro puzzling gets under your skin very quickly. It's unlikely to stay there more than a couple of days, but for four quid that's plenty sufficient. [Apr 2013, p.85]
  2. Jan 28, 2013
    That said, the iOS version is superior for the simple fact that the mouse controls on the computer are more fiddly. We recommend that you try out 10,000,000, but if you have an iOS device, playing with the touch screen is the way to go.
  3. Jan 27, 2013
    10.000.000 is built on a solid foundation: subtle retro-style graphics, nice music, and, what is more important, the engrossing chaos of a real-time puzzle. At first, you can't put the game down, but then you realize that all that doesn't hold a candle to Puzzle Quest and Clash of Heroes. Bite-sized play sessions and minimalistic gameplay are a good fit for mobile platforms, but as far as time-killers go on PC, this one lacks depth.