6.4

1. Dec 28, 2013
    It's a great adventure game, when it comes down to it. I had to reference a walkthrough 3 or 4 times for puzzles that I either didn't feel like spending hours on, or for puzzles that were simply non-intuitive via the interface (like, actions or events that after I had read the answer made me think "gee, I thought of that 30 minutes ago, and it didn't work the way I tried to implement it...").

The voice acting is mediocre, but I could care less about that. If this game had no voice acting, and consisted of text subtitles only, you would find that the dialogue and conversations are great anyway, and provoke the same human emotions and reactions from you, the player, nonetheless. So, I can't rightfully take any strikes against this game for the voice acting--it's just so superficial.

Bottom line, great story, great comic-art graphics, nice music, and absolutely worth playing!
  2. Dec 30, 2013
    At the beginning I was very sceptic to that game. I thought it would be just another mumbo jumbo about the ecology. But when I started the game it completely drew me in. The story was amazing and led me to the masterful ending.
    Story and ending aren't the only great thing in that game. It also has very climatic music, beautiful drawn locations and difficult riddles.
    I can't not mention
    about awesome characters with their unique and complex personalities and stories. I really liked Fay and Bent. Expand

1. Jan 6, 2013
    If you are truly desperate for good puzzles and sumptuous art, then you could do worse than play A New Beginning, but I found it impossible to look past the many issues and really enjoy the few things it manages to do right.
  2. Dec 17, 2012
    It's a back and forth battle, as it's an enjoyable experience, but one that falls short of the adventure game and technological standards many have come to expect. If there was only a little bit more polish, A New Beginning – Final Cut could have been a unforgettable adventure.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    I am glad to finally see an adventure game that uses its narrative potential to address some important ecological themes and ideas. Even though the conclusion of the sci-fi story seems a little unrewarding, I always had a good time playing the game. Puzzles are generally solid, the hand painted graphics are beautiful and most of the (German) voice acting is well done. A New Beginning may not be perfect, but it's mature, surprising and quite simply fun to play.