7.4

1. Aug 4, 2012
    Great Graphics, Good Storyline, and Amazing Idea!
    I was actually surprised about the price,
    when most games like this is about, I don't know, 29 Euro or something.
    Great game, too bad my computer has problems with the lag.
    Well, what can I say, I have a rather old computer.
  2. May 31, 2014
    This is a beautiful idea for a game - myst (adventure) meets dreamfall (RPG) meets Journey (nonviolent exploration) meets an FPS without weapons. I loved it and highly encourage trying it. This is a novel, gorgeous play experience that is as simple as it is captivating. It is somewhat short, but I prefer quality to quantity. In the future, moar like this please! Let the creation of this new genre develop further! Expand
  3. May 31, 2014
    v : Conclusion below : v Options: The sound options are there. Individual sliders for Master-, Sound-, Music- and Voice volumes. Graphics are where it's lacking but fills its needs. Bloom and motion blur can be disabled and the FoV slider goes to 120. You won't need more FoV because the gameplay doesn't require it. Story: The game is a bedtime story told by a girls father about his journeys searching for his uncle. The narration feels a bit like Bastion but with what seems to be an inexperienced voice actor as some lines are poorly executed.
    Overall the storytelling feels like something I haven't seen too much of before and felt a bit fresh.

Gameplay:
    You run and jump from platforms and swing through levels with a magic grappling hook like Samus to reach the end. The game has you on a fixed path and only a couple of collectables can get you off that path for a brief moment. I don't think I've seen a more linear game.
    In certain places you can explore and look at the text and pictures on books and notes but nothing that will support the story.

Overall:
    It feels pretentious. It really does.
    The story is like the ham on a peperoni pizza. It's not supposed to be there at all. There is a language within the game with different symbols each representing a letter in our alphabet. I decided to decipher what texts I might encounter but it all makes so little sense.

Early on at the only cross roads in the entire game you can see some of this text hidden to the side but it makes no sense and I suppose it's supposed to be an inside joke on the devs part.
    Also, the devs don't think it's important either which is shown a moment later when another text appears and the companion reads that one out loud as well even though you could easily translate it with the letters you already had.
    It's not like it's important either as it only gives you a hint to the next room that you could have figured out by dying once.

The voice acting overall is pretty bad and the animations are stiff and inhuman.

Conclusion:
    11-12€ is too much for a game this short. It has close to no replay value if you don't intend to speed run it. I think steam sales and humble bundles has tainted me. I barely buy games at full price because you can often wait a could of months and it will be half off.
    I'd suggest trying other games that does this games job better.

For going fast and pretty visuals, Sonic Generations is a better game.
    For pretty visuals and pretentious story, Dear Esther is a better visual novel.
    For narrated story telling, Bastion is godlike.
    For swinging around, the Amazing Spiderman 2 should deliver a better experience (haven't played it).

The game simply doesn't deliver on any aspect to have me give it more than a 6.
  4. Jun 15, 2014
    An amazing idea for a game! Although more serious then Goat simulator, the magic is still there, and I absolutely love it! Great graphics, story, and gameplay! 10/10
  5. Jun 8, 2014
    This game title isn't particularly attracting, and since the publisher (Coffee Stain Studios) are responsible for the worst abomination of modern gaming (Goat Simulator) I wasn't expecting much from this game.

After launching the game, I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice visuals, smooth gameplay, nice controls and nice platforming, and most importantly not apparent bug at all. The
    small events and encounters happening in the game, and the story, while simple, prevent it from getting too boring. Still, the game is much too short, and the gameplay never get more complex than using the grappling hook to advance to the next platform. Expand

1. Jun 27, 2014
    The production by Gone North Games is able to offer a great gaming experience, which, however, suffers from a longevity may be inadequate. Despite this flaw is recommended buying the stock, and will not fail to satisfy lovers of the good platform supported by suggestive settings.
  2. Jun 26, 2014
    The best thing about A Story About My Uncle is its scenery design, which will often leave you with your mouth open, but the rest of the game is not that great.
  3. Jun 25, 2014
    A unique platform game with clever ideas, imaginative gameplay and a well written story. A Story About My Uncle is one of a few indie titles you can buy immediately without waiting for a flash sale or a bundle.