A Story About My Uncle PC

7.3

1. May 31, 2014
    This is a beautiful idea for a game - myst (adventure) meets dreamfall (RPG) meets Journey (nonviolent exploration) meets an FPS without weapons. I loved it and highly encourage trying it. This is a novel, gorgeous play experience that is as simple as it is captivating. It is somewhat short, but I prefer quality to quantity. In the future, moar like this please! Let the creation ofThis is a beautiful idea for a game - myst (adventure) meets dreamfall (RPG) meets Journey (nonviolent exploration) meets an FPS without weapons. I loved it and highly encourage trying it. This is a novel, gorgeous play experience that is as simple as it is captivating. It is somewhat short, but I prefer quality to quantity. In the future, moar like this please! Let the creation of this new genre develop further! Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2012
    Great Graphics, Good Storyline, and Amazing Idea!
    I was actually surprised about the price,
    when most games like this is about, I don't know, 29 Euro or something.
    Great game, too bad my computer has problems with the lag.
    Well, what can I say, I have a rather old computer.
  3. Jun 15, 2014
    An amazing idea for a game! Although more serious then Goat simulator, the magic is still there, and I absolutely love it! Great graphics, story, and gameplay! 10/10
  4. Aug 6, 2014
    A great game which combines a lovely story with good gameplay. Can get a bit frustrating sometimes, but the satisfaction you get when you complete a puzzle compensates it.
    An unique experience that is worth all the money.
  5. Mar 7, 2017
    This game features an extremely beautiful world! This was one of the fewest games in which I paused to applaud the beauty of the surroundings. The village felt so alive - not with the crowd but with its citizens living out their lives. You could see the villagers and get a "feel" of what they're feeling like right now. One guy has climbed the second floor of his shelf-like open hut and isThis game features an extremely beautiful world! This was one of the fewest games in which I paused to applaud the beauty of the surroundings. The village felt so alive - not with the crowd but with its citizens living out their lives. You could see the villagers and get a "feel" of what they're feeling like right now. One guy has climbed the second floor of his shelf-like open hut and is sleeping while an open book lies in front of him. Another is staring at the sky, 2 people are talking to each other. The grandma is searching for something. Really lovely world and combine all this with the game's lighting and it's an enchanting experience.

The puzzles are also fantastic. It's incredible to go about hopping from place to place using your limited powers and see more and more of this beautiful world. The puzzles are very satisfying and it's not a pain to repeat them once or twice but generally they're quite easy.

However, the only cons that this game has is the last 25% (Monastry - falling block level onwards). This level is ridiculously tough and it breaks the whole experience of the game. There were lots of people complaining about this level in the Steam forums a long time back (1.5-2 years back, don't exactly remember) but the game developer responded back saying he'll fix this level. However, this level and all subsequent levels from this point onwards remain with a very high level of difficulty. In fact, if you watch the Youtube walkthroughs after the jumping puzzle onwards you'll find that they too are dying over and over and over again. I'm not sure but the Dev just ditched the difficulty spikes in the last 30% of the game. I also tried using a cheat code but that too wasn't sufficient to cover it up. So -4 points for the horrible difficulty in the last 30%.

But +2 points for the beautiful, memorable, heartwarming ending. I kept thinking about the end long time after I had finished the game. This remains "a beautiful experience" in my memory even though I finished this game about 2 weeks earlier.
  6. Jan 17, 2015
    Great indie game, short and sweet. Manipulation of the three dimensional environment, nice story and very atmospheric/well done graphics makes this a unique and very enjoyable experience. Figuring out the game's puzzles is very satisfying. Definitely worth it if you are looking for a change of pace from your regular games.
  7. Nov 23, 2014
    I'll start with the fact that "A story about my uncle" is beautiful, it's a big and wonderful world and you want to explore it. The details in this world makes it even better. One of these details are the notes that you find laying around. They explain some miner things about the towns and about Fred and i think this gives the world so much more depth.
    While we're on the subject of
    While we're on the subject of details, why would you make a alphabet that's fake? I'd love to learn it and read the different things that are spread out threw the world. I mean they even have a book in the game that says witch letter is witch, but every time i tried to use it the sentences didn't make sense. Another thing that bugs me are the frog creatures, there modelling is so bad in comparison to the rest of the game i wish they could use more time on them. They have big eyes that stares in to your soul and it ruins a lot for me. Because of this the towns feel un-lively and deserted. And i can't forget about the hair on some of these characters, it looks awful, it's if you just put a mop on there head and said "done".
    Enough about the astethics , what's the story? Well the story is pretty simpel, you're the nephew of an adventurer called Fred who hasn't been seen for a while. So you go to his house, only to find out he's not there. You also find a suit and because you're a brat who doesn't respect others property you put it on. Then you continue to his lab and end up on a platform that sends you to a new world. Your mission is now to find Fred your uncle. I like the story, it's simpel with somewhat of a twist at the end that i won't spoil, even tho i'm not sure it's even a spoiler. I do have a problem and it's not as much as a problem with the story as the voices and the dialog. The dialog is so akward at some times. It feels so false and forced. The only voice i enjoyed was Freds voice. It fitted him pefectly and so did his dialog.
    The gameplay is pretty straight forward, but so much fun. The main mechanic in this game is that you got a suit that can shoot a beam at almost any surface and you get sucked to that surface, but once you used that one beam you got none left until you land on solid ground. You can upgrade it to have 3 beams. It's a really fun mechanic that doesn't get old. Now this isn't the only thing to keep you occupied, we also get a jetpack upgrade later in the game that lets you fly for about 20 seconds in one direction. When you use the jetpack you get the greatest feel ever. It's kinda hard to explain, but you feel like the most awesome kid in the street.
    All in all this game is great and it'll probably last about 3 hours for players that's good at first person platformers and 5 hours for newer people to the genra. It also has a time traile mod that gives it a little replay-value.
  8. Apr 14, 2015
    Best bedtime story ever i heard!!!!!! Can you imagine that you play as a kid in extreme environment armored by super suit with a lot abilities? This is awesome. You will play as coolest kid in the world!
  9. Apr 27, 2015
    I was very surprised by that game! The only negative in my opinion is the title itself: "A Story About My Uncle"... I read it sometimes and always thought this is a game about alcoholic problems etc., but it is not! It´s a fantastic journey into dreams!
    I really like this game because it´s like a game should be: FUN! And excitement! And NO killing and other negative things nowadays are common for "games". This is really a GOOD game to play:
    - the graphic is fantastic, I think it uses Unreal Engine 4? It really looks awesome!
    - the sound effects are atmospheric, the voice acting is great,
    - although the game is sometimes hard, due tue endless "lifes", it´s quite a challenge and makes fun!
    - I would say it´s a mix of Beyond Good & Evil and Mirrors Edge.

This is an Indie game which really rocks! I give it 10/10, because it´s great and even can compete with AAA-titles!
  10. May 14, 2017
    I'm only giving this masterpiece 9/10 cause it was too short (I completed it at 3h) but in overall it was a fantastic experience. The gameplay is really unique and innovative and swinging over huge distances is really satisfying. A must buy for everyone!
  11. Oct 25, 2015
    The game is totally amazing. With so much awesome games released is extremely hard to make an original title these day, but they made it! Graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, challenging and unique and the story and storytelling are really good. The game is made with passion and enthusiasm and so the result is a masterpiece! This game is definitely a must, and I can't wait for someThe game is totally amazing. With so much awesome games released is extremely hard to make an original title these day, but they made it! Graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is fun, challenging and unique and the story and storytelling are really good. The game is made with passion and enthusiasm and so the result is a masterpiece! This game is definitely a must, and I can't wait for some kind of sequel. Expand
  12. Nov 4, 2015
    A Story About My Uncle is a short yet very enjoyable adventure game with goose-bumping graphics and eye-popping game play elements. While I had issues with inconsistent maximum distances of the grapple and sometimes infrequent checkpoints (causing me to repeat some areas so much I almost punched my PC), A Story About My Uncle still deserves a lot of recognition.

I also found a deeper

I also found a deeper meaning of the ending on the internet. If that's true, they should've presented it somewhere at the end of the game! Damn! I would've loved to see the true meaning of the story, if there is such.
  13. Mar 5, 2016
    A great game and also really fun. I like how it is hard it is in the beginning which makes a challenging game. Plus the grapple hook mechanic is really fun.
  14. Jul 10, 2016
    Jugabilidad super original, muy bien ambientado, buenos gráficos, buena historia. Su mas gran problema es que es extremadamente corto, y con el potencial que parecía tener podrían haberlo alargado mas, pero igual es un muy buen juego para probarlo, la experiencia es única.

1. Apr 27, 2015
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Sep 14, 2014
    A Story About My Uncle has got a nice concept, great controls and some nice level design, but it feels like a game that could have been so much better with more depth and polish.
  3. Sep 4, 2014
    A good start for the Swedish software house, but the game lacks personality and the central part of the story isn't interesting as the incipit.