A Valley Without Wind 2 PC

7.2

1. Jun 22, 2013
    I was a massive fan of the first game, A Valley Without Wind, so naturally I was looking forward to this. The music is great, but all greatness ends there. The removal of mouse controls was a bad move, and the controls they put in it's place are appalling. The new story looks promising, but lacks depth, which is required in an RPG, though this is a hybrid between strategy and RPG granted,I was a massive fan of the first game, A Valley Without Wind, so naturally I was looking forward to this. The music is great, but all greatness ends there. The removal of mouse controls was a bad move, and the controls they put in it's place are appalling. The new story looks promising, but lacks depth, which is required in an RPG, though this is a hybrid between strategy and RPG granted, but Arcen Games could do better. The enemy design is basic, and the difficulty increase is a huge jump from the standard difficulty in the first game, which might not be appreciated by those who were not veterans. I liked how Arcen Games set up the first game, but the attempt to add a detailed story takes away from the main game and slows it down, which is not good for a platformer at heart. My view may be outdated, as I played the game in very early alpha, but recently I did play it again and not much had changed. I recommend heading to the Arcen Games website, downloading the soundtrack to A Valley Without Wind 2, then jump on Steam and buy the first game. Right now this is definitely not worth it. Expand

1. CD-Action
    Apr 5, 2013
    By the end arcade sequences get a bit tedious but tactical manoeuvres are still fun. It might not be for everyone but I did go down with the ‘one more round’ syndrome. [CD-Action 04/2013, p.76]
  2. PC Gamer UK
    Mar 30, 2013
    Procedurally generated levels and items offer plenty of possibilities, but if they're not guided by a designer's hand, it's always going to feel amateur. [Apr 2013, p.109]
  3. Mar 7, 2013
    When you get right down to it, A Valley Without Wind 2 is just a bad game. I can’t think of anybody who I’d recommend play this title. The heavy use of randomization means that all the character is sucked out of the game, while the awful controls leave this a title devoid of any fun. Pass on this title, and go play AI War instead; you’ll be glad you did.