A Valley Without Wind PC

6.8

1. Jul 17, 2012
    Your first time in AVWW is like playing a MMO for the first time except their is no n00b chat to lead you in the right direction. Sure there are signs in-game that tell you things you need to know, but the game is so foreign in design that the general hints will probably still have you scratching your head. It did for me anyways. I know what you're thinking, "So far this doesn't sound likeYour first time in AVWW is like playing a MMO for the first time except their is no n00b chat to lead you in the right direction. Sure there are signs in-game that tell you things you need to know, but the game is so foreign in design that the general hints will probably still have you scratching your head. It did for me anyways. I know what you're thinking, "So far this doesn't sound like a review worthy of 9/10.' Well my fellow gamer you are so wrong.

To start off let me say that I am reviewing this game as of version 1.2. From what I can tell a lot has changed since it's initial release less than 3 months ago and I am glad I waited to purchase it. I won't go into the changes just how the game is now. The overall platforming has a retro feel, but still very fluid and easy to navigate. Your character responds to the slightest of key presses and can change direction in air. That is a good thing as you will find yourself jumping and dodging a lot.

Combat is... very confusing at first. You have a spell bar 1-9 that constitutes all your attacks you can use. The 1 slot is bound to Mouse 1 and the 2 slot is Mouse 2. The other spells must be cast via the number bar. Mana is regenerated automatically and very quickly, however if you spam a spell or try to use a spell too powerful for your character you can find yourself in a tricky situation. Each and every spell has an elemental attribute which works well or not for certain monsters. The way you can tell what a monster's weakness and resistance is, is by pausing the game and mousing over the monster in question. The pause button is set by default to 'p' which I quickly moved to the 'f' key as I find myself pausing quite a lot. Not just to check monsters either, but also to change equipment and spells, all of which you can do while in combat.

This game, as with all self-respecting games, feels that the player not only learns from wining, but also from dying. Death is a permanent situation in AVWW. You will find yourself picking new players and starting again. However death does not take away your inventory of spells or equipment, but you may run into your old ghosts along the way.

You also control a settlement where you can build buildings that help you or your people, but only if you find the plans for a building in a mission. Which was a great frustration to me when I first started. I had began the game with the idea of a Platforming/RPG/Action/Adventure/City Builder/Crafting would be a lot like Minecraft and Terraria meets confusing graphics and some other new twists. I started the game and fought my way through the opening platforming/tutorial part and made it to my settlement. The message at the top of the screen said I wasn't producing enough food and my citizens were starving. "No problem," I thought, "I'll just build a farm..." No sir! As it turns out crafting is mainly for spells. With spells they tell you automatically what spells you can craft and how close you are to getting the materials for other spells. With building you first need to find the plans. You probably won't find plans for a farm in the first 5hrs of play. So what keeps your citizens from dying? Well, as it turns out they don't starve to death. Their hunger level only affects their mood and their mood affects how well they preform missions that you send them on and you can't really send them on missions until you train them and you really can't train them until you build a few building that specialize in their certain profession AND their professions affect which missions they will be willing to go on! If you understood that, then I think you will like this game. I just wish the game had laid it out like that. I had to search Google for 2 days before I found that piece of info. However, even though I was frustrated my settlers where going to dye from starvation I kept finding myself returning to play. Coming back for just a few missions. Just a little bit more play-time.

You see, AVWW is all about sticking with it. I know that's been said in other reviews, but it's good advice and a mantra you should recite every so often. For me, I played the game for 30 minutes. Then an hour a while later. Next thing you know I'm at work wondering what I'm going to do in AVWW once I get home. This game will suck you in, but you have to give it time, don't force it. There is a lot going on, a lot to do, and no n00b chat to hand hold you to level 20.
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    The most unique game I've played in a while, and it's commendable that Arcen have tried something different in this age of AAA copypasta sequels. AVWW is part platformer, part RPG.The gameplay revolves around exploration for resources and completion of missions, aiming to purge five large continents (the last one endless, actually) of overlords that hinder the regrowth of civilization.The most unique game I've played in a while, and it's commendable that Arcen have tried something different in this age of AAA copypasta sequels. AVWW is part platformer, part RPG.The gameplay revolves around exploration for resources and completion of missions, aiming to purge five large continents (the last one endless, actually) of overlords that hinder the regrowth of civilization. There's much to do, and some elements, such as managing each continent's settlement, are actually optional. From the outset, you can choose what to focus on first - do you want to put together a selection of spells? Or maybe focus on establishing a food supply for the settlement? Or just rush things along by finding a wind shelter so you can make your way through the deadly wind to the nearest lieutenant's tower? The various aspects are intertwined, too: for example, if you want to get a wind shelter, you can either explore outdoors or in caverns for secret missions that may offer it as a reward, or you can try to put together enough Consciousness Orbs to just buy it. If you choose to develop your settlement, you can task survivors with finding specific resources, sparing you the trouble.

Combat can be complex and satisfying, with dozens of spells that can be modified for longer range, more power, or many other benefits. Enchants are even more potent, giving your entirely new abilities such as preventing falling damage or making you harder to spot. There's a great amount of depth here, and each aspect of the game can be made easier or more difficult, as needed.

There's an ungodly amount of procedurally-generated areas and rooms on each continent, let alone an entire world, but the game warns against completionism. Thanks to the clever map display, you can easily tell which areas have little of interest, and where there may be rooms with valuable resources. This makes exploration a breeze, rather than a grind. AVWW also offers the option of multiplayer, in your or someone else's world. The official number of supported players in a world is 8, but you can have up to 200 players if you set the limit that high. Multiplayer works well in my experience, increasing the difficulty of enemies based on the number of players in a region. Whatever progress you make is kept in that world, so the main concern here is finding a world that will stay hosted for some time, as jumping between multiplayer worlds you may get fed up with rebuilding your spellbook and enchants.

What's very commendable is the post-launch support Arcen have provided. There have been several updates, and important game elements have been overhauled, along with the introduction of new content. Something that's often mentioned about AVWW is the uneven graphical style, which seems to put a lot of players off. I personally don't see it, though I'd have preferred more fitting and lively character models. This is far overshadowed by the gameplay, and as the graphics aren't downright offensive, I say this is a nitpick at worst. AVWW in general seems to be a 'love it or hate it' kind of deal, so just try the demo. Regardless of how you feel about the game, Arcen's commitment to improving their games long after launch and to listening to their playerbase is worth supporting.
  3. Aug 16, 2012
    A fabulous single or multiplayer game. Easy to jump into and out of at anytime, which is great for those of us that don't always know if they have 30 minutes or 5 hours to play. Slick controls, great visuals (yes, they are different from your run-of-the-mill current generation 3D graphics, but that doesn't make them bad), incredible variations in enemies, spells, land scape, missions,A fabulous single or multiplayer game. Easy to jump into and out of at anytime, which is great for those of us that don't always know if they have 30 minutes or 5 hours to play. Slick controls, great visuals (yes, they are different from your run-of-the-mill current generation 3D graphics, but that doesn't make them bad), incredible variations in enemies, spells, land scape, missions, challenges, things to do, etc etc. Also, the developers are INCREDIBLY attentive to their community, updating their games (even older games like AI War) VERY frequently (daily and weekly depending on the urgency of the matter) and also willing to listen to complaints and concerns. Anyone who has played the game since BETA, or even just glances at the MASSIVE amounts of changes since then, know that ARCENGAMES (the developer) will do whatever is best for the community and their game.

What is AVWW? Well, it's a platformer, exploration, RPG, side scrolling, action, management, adventure game. You can play at anytime either single player or multiplayer and it's pretty seemless. People can drop in and out of your world (or you can do that in theirs) for a few minutes, hours, or days of fun. Excellent game, highly recommend... maybe not for COD kiddies that don't understand anything beyond point and shoot... but even they should enjoy this masterpiece.
  4. Jun 24, 2012
    Seeing the (weird) hype around this game, I had to try out the demo, because I couldn't understand it from screenshots alone, as it's honestly the most horrible thing I ever saw, there are no words to describe how awful this game looks. There is nothing retro about it, it simply looks like a bunch of random images mixed together with absolutely no taste. I love retro pixel art and this isSeeing the (weird) hype around this game, I had to try out the demo, because I couldn't understand it from screenshots alone, as it's honestly the most horrible thing I ever saw, there are no words to describe how awful this game looks. There is nothing retro about it, it simply looks like a bunch of random images mixed together with absolutely no taste. I love retro pixel art and this is totally nothing like it, unlike what some are pretending when talking about this game.

So I thought, maybe the game is an undercover gem, maybe the gameplay is great? But no, it's as horrible as the graphics, the randomness only help making the game even more boring. It's also no metroidvania as some pretend, as a metroidvania relies on carefully, human-crafted levels, and this can't work with random-generated levels.

I also don't understand how Steam let this pass, if this meets their quality requirement, it means it must be pretty low. So this game looks bad and is bad, but I encourage you to try out the demo to see for yourself. I give 1 "for the effort", though (but I see some weren't as nice). But IMHO, there are styles a programmer can choose from when he's not an artist.
  5. Aug 16, 2012
    Seeing this game mentioned as an insider's tip several times and reading about how you could build your own settlements, I decided to try it for myself, hoping that it would surprise me with depth or atmosphere. No such luck:

The graphics look like a patchwork gallery of placeholder art. I wouldn't mind SNES-style graphics or cartoon characters at all, but in this case, nothing fits together and it looks like the artist had taken random 3D models and rendered them into sprites for the characters, photographed some trees and painted some houses in Photoshop.

As I tried to ignore the off-putting graphics patchwork, I looked for interesting gameplay. Again, the game had nothing at all to offer. Run around, kill ever-repeating randomly placed enemies. Sometimes you encounter buildings, which you can enter. Inside, several stories with rooms full of more the same enemies. Five houses later, having shot the same few enemies in dozens of randomly-generated rooms, all you can think is: "Kill. Me. Now."

So where is the game's motivation? Is it the story? Nope, there is none. You can't even complete the game as you'll walk over one randomly generated world or boredom after the next forever. Leveling? Nothing motivating here, just a simplistic, uninteresting number play. Building settlements? Oh great, more pointless houses to spent time walking around in.

After giving this game several hours of my time, which have all been spent in utter boredom, I asked myself why I'm doing this for the final time and I just shrugged and deleted it. It's not even horrible enough to leave a bad taste... it's only empty, pointless and forgettable.
  6. Aug 16, 2012
    I really wanted to like A Valley without wind but after about 12 hours I just had to call it quits. It doesn't go anywhere other then the same things over and over. I tried out a couple things and learned some stuff that wasn't in (but should have been in) the big whopping encyclopedia, but was still stuck trying to earn money and keep my people happy and well, it felt like a super cheapI really wanted to like A Valley without wind but after about 12 hours I just had to call it quits. It doesn't go anywhere other then the same things over and over. I tried out a couple things and learned some stuff that wasn't in (but should have been in) the big whopping encyclopedia, but was still stuck trying to earn money and keep my people happy and well, it felt like a super cheap version of Terraria. Expand
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    A fantastic game supported by a fantastic company. I am a long time player of their other excellent game, AI wars and these developers bring a breath of fresh air to the scene. They are very involved in the community, with the leads of the projects in direct contact with players and fans on the official forums, often taking good ideas from the players and implementing them into the gameA fantastic game supported by a fantastic company. I am a long time player of their other excellent game, AI wars and these developers bring a breath of fresh air to the scene. They are very involved in the community, with the leads of the projects in direct contact with players and fans on the official forums, often taking good ideas from the players and implementing them into the game all while keeping everyone informed on what they are currently working on. The game itself is well done although a little repetitive, and I highly recommend it. Expand
  8. Apr 27, 2012
    This looks like it should be so much fun, but it never seems to happen. I keep playing it longer and longer hopping I that the game is just a slow starter, but it does not seem to ever get better. Maybe like Terraria they will release a big patch in a year or so that will make the game truly fun. So much potential that just never goes any where.
  9. Apr 30, 2012
    The game brings back a ton of good memories of old platformers, then blows them all away with the depth of a strategy/rpg. The terrain is a mix of procedurally generated and user/dev created rooms which leads to an endless variety of situations. You can choose to go dungeon diving for treasure staches, fight dozens of types of monsters on the way, complete missions, and build up yourThe game brings back a ton of good memories of old platformers, then blows them all away with the depth of a strategy/rpg. The terrain is a mix of procedurally generated and user/dev created rooms which leads to an endless variety of situations. You can choose to go dungeon diving for treasure staches, fight dozens of types of monsters on the way, complete missions, and build up your settlement.
    Multiplayer is also supported, so you can do all of these things with a group of friends which allows you to take greater advantage of specialization/customization of spells and enchant bonuses. Multiplayer has a great mechanic for helping players catch up to the current game progress even if the continent has been advanced to the higher levels.
    All in all, this is a great game that is well worth the price. The amount of enjoyment out of playing this game will only increase over time since these developers are well know for adding beta updates on a weekly or even more frequent basis (with occasional "stable" updates through steam if you choose to not download the beta updates in game). The devs are very active on the forums and really respond to community feedback.
    Between the depth of game already available, and the future content that will be added by the devs, this game is a great purchase that gets better the more you play.
  10. May 2, 2012
    This has to be, by far, the worst game I've played. I don't know how other players have reviewed it above a five, and even then, that's being generous. Not only is this game not fun to play, it actively punishes people for playing multiplayer. It utilizes a loot system (if you can even call it that) where whoever picks up an item first keeps it. Without the ability to drop items, orThis has to be, by far, the worst game I've played. I don't know how other players have reviewed it above a five, and even then, that's being generous. Not only is this game not fun to play, it actively punishes people for playing multiplayer. It utilizes a loot system (if you can even call it that) where whoever picks up an item first keeps it. Without the ability to drop items, or even tell what many of them are before picking them up, it creates frustration between even the most well meaning players. Except that some items don't function this way, and will stay on the ground for other players to pick up. And some are shared amongst all the players when picked up.

Enemies also scale proportionally to the number of players in such a manner that additional players don't actually contribute significantly more damage to fights. The graphics are terrible, the animations are absolute **** and the audio sounds like what you would expect to hear as Cthulu awakens and attempts to turn the world towards insanity and chaos. The in game audio options also don't work, so if you can't isolate and mute the application's sound, then you'll stop playing even quicker than I did (it's a good thing, trust me).

I really wanted to like this game. I was looking for something that had the cooperative feel and exploration aspect of Terraria and Minecraft, but this has nothing. Attrocious sound, terrible gameplay (I don't know what these people talking about strategy are referring to, Energy Orb has almost 2x the damage per mana and one of the highest DPS in the game, which makes it the best ability even against enemies with resistance to it, and the AI is absolutely easy to abuse garbage), and a total lack of direction or plot. A game can exist without direction OR without plot, but not without both.

After nearly five hours of hoping this game would change, of reading the forums and seeing other players with similar complaints get flamed out for "playing wrong," I can see absolutely no redeeming qualities in this game. And the developers have the galls to charge money for this waste of time. The only reasons I gave this game a 2 over a 0 is because no one takes 1 or 0 reviews seriously, but also because this game is a PERFECT example of **** design that might, some day, be used in a classroom as what NOT to do.

This doesn't even cover the awful minimap, how the core design of random generation is flawed, the unintuitive and clunky menus, and the dozen other major flaws with the game. Trust me, stay away from this game. A Valley Without Wind might have potential in a year or two, but by then I will have forgotten about it and be playing far superior free flash games.
  11. May 2, 2012
    A Valley Without Wind is a game you've really got to stick with. It has randomly-generated worlds, tons of monsters and spells, and it just seems like it'll be a fantastic game. Unfortunately, it just doesn't live up to what I expected it to be. The gameplay is deep, and you will notice how hours go by without even noticing them, but it just gets boring after a while, grinding to get theA Valley Without Wind is a game you've really got to stick with. It has randomly-generated worlds, tons of monsters and spells, and it just seems like it'll be a fantastic game. Unfortunately, it just doesn't live up to what I expected it to be. The gameplay is deep, and you will notice how hours go by without even noticing them, but it just gets boring after a while, grinding to get the right materials. It doesn't always feel like a grind, but you can tell it's there. It's a mediocre game that could be greatly improved with a large patch later. Expand
  12. May 15, 2012
    I invested in this game at alpha level believing i was getting a good deal but this was a horrible waste of time and money. The game places the player in the role of a chosen one called the glyph bearer who explores randomly generated 2d levels, casting dull spells and killing enemies with no intelligence, just character levels. The levels are repetitive and bland, repeating the sameI invested in this game at alpha level believing i was getting a good deal but this was a horrible waste of time and money. The game places the player in the role of a chosen one called the glyph bearer who explores randomly generated 2d levels, casting dull spells and killing enemies with no intelligence, just character levels. The levels are repetitive and bland, repeating the same basic gameplay over and over. If you're looking for a 2d game try Trine or Trine 2 or even braid for a better experience. Don't waste your time with this. Expand
  13. May 2, 2012
    The game promised customization and a game that adapts to your play style. Unfortunately, what the game actually delivers on is an endless cycle of exploring levels that differ only by changing the background and re-skinning mobs with identical AI. There are no customization choices, only recolors of spells that do essentially the same thing. There are no choices in characterThe game promised customization and a game that adapts to your play style. Unfortunately, what the game actually delivers on is an endless cycle of exploring levels that differ only by changing the background and re-skinning mobs with identical AI. There are no customization choices, only recolors of spells that do essentially the same thing. There are no choices in character progression other than increasing your health or increasing your damage (losing all your health results in permanent death though, so this is really a non option). Its hard to put into words just how poorly this game was designed.

A shining example of what not to do.
  14. May 4, 2012
    A Valley Without Wind is a game that you'll either love or hate. Personally I find this to be the most unique refreshing and entertaining platformer I've played in a very long time. The world is extremely vast and there are multiple ways to approach it. The graphical style is nice and once again refreshing. However there are two types of gamers that should not approach this title. TheA Valley Without Wind is a game that you'll either love or hate. Personally I find this to be the most unique refreshing and entertaining platformer I've played in a very long time. The world is extremely vast and there are multiple ways to approach it. The graphical style is nice and once again refreshing. However there are two types of gamers that should not approach this title. The first being completionists. The world is massive and randomly generated. If you run around trying to discover ever little nook and cranny you will quickly feel like you're playing a repetitive grind. If you found yourself picking up every single object when you played skyrim you might want to stay clear of this title... The game provides plenty of hints in the map system and via the in-game encyclopedia about what you might want to do. The idea is to strategically focus on the completion of certain elements to advance in the world, not to do everything possible. If you do so you will have a lot of fun in this game. However if you're unable to break free from the linear mindset so many previous titles have imposed on you, you will quickly get bored. Second any 3d graphics realism snobs will be disappointed. If you're looking for a game that looks like reality with a very linear story than you should probably go play Mass Effect 3 or better yet go to a cinema and watch a movie, it will be way cheeper...
    That being said if you're looking for something new (oddly done with a retro look) then give this game a shot. You can't go wrong with the low price.
  15. Apr 26, 2012
    After checking out the screenshots and stuff I thought it looked pretty interesting, so I went and got it. It has a bunch of really interesting ideas like settlement building and things, but after about an hour and a half, I just realised I wasn't having fun at all.
  16. May 28, 2012
    "Give it a chance!"

I won't bother to really "review" the game, as this has been done plenty, and with as often as this game is getting updated right now, anything negative I have to say may be outdated/fixed by tomorrow. This is mostly for people who have already played Valley and decided they don't like it. If you play this and ignore all the 'beta' changes and only install, say,
    "Give it a chance!"

If you play this and ignore all the 'beta' changes and only install, say, official/forced Steam updates, you're completely missing out on the fact that the developers are in constant communication with their players and tweak the game constantly, often based directly off of player suggestions/submissions.

This game is evolving constantly...if you don't like it this week..try it again next week. Devs have added a whole slew of monsters to populate zones with unique creatures, and removed the ubiquitous "esper" enemy types from most zones.

Core game mechanics are tweaked heavily (in a good way) on a weekly basis sometimes, and there's a constant stream of tweaks and additions coming in almost every day.

I went from being bored fighting the two enemy types that existed when I first installed this game, to being pleasantly surprised after installing the "beta" updates the launcher found. And I've been following their changelog for 3 weeks now and in that time they've fleshed out the game in MAJOR ways, tweaked things about missions, area generation, boss fights, and core game mechanics that players found annoying or brutal, and just generally 'fixed the hell out of the game' in this time.

Arcen well understands that just because a game has hit its official release stage doesn't mean it's perfect or achieved all that it can become, and if you give them a chance, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I doubt A Valley Without Wind will ever boast masterful storytelling or characterization, because it's just not that kind of game, but I eagerly look forward to the continuing depth and breadth that this game promises to provide.

I love this game. I love what it is, I love what it isn't, I love what it has evolved into even in just the few weeks I've had it, and I know I will love what it will become. I love its imagination, and on the same token, I love how it leaves room for MY imagination in the same manner as roguelikes do by not attempting to charm me with another trope-filled token-barebones-story like every other adventure game I've ever played does. The wonder and mystery of a world in which very LITTLE is explained is very much apparent here for those willing to see it.

That said, however, AVWW could still achieve so much more (and I'm quite certain it one day will, Arcen's reputation being what it is) if it were to delve deeper into the backstory and origins of the Cataclysm and the Wind, as well as deepen the currently skeletal city-building mechanic.

Bottom line is: you /definitely/ haven't seen everything A Valley Without Wind has to offer--none of us have, and it will probably be years before anyone has. ;)
  17. May 14, 2012
    I tried the trial and got tired after like 20 minutes of gameplay which were no fun at all. The graphics are terrible by any standard even for someone that likes retro games like me. The camera movement is spasmodic and need a little smoothing too. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
  18. Aug 28, 2012
    This game is way too underrated. Many people start off complaining about the graphics, but it really hits a nostalgia spot in my heart. It reminds me of those old 90s games that tried to make really hi resolution, realistic graphics that ended up looking just out of place. But that was what made it cool. It made the environment really noticeable, and better yet, UNPREDICTABLE.This game is way too underrated. Many people start off complaining about the graphics, but it really hits a nostalgia spot in my heart. It reminds me of those old 90s games that tried to make really hi resolution, realistic graphics that ended up looking just out of place. But that was what made it cool. It made the environment really noticeable, and better yet, UNPREDICTABLE. prediction in a game is what makes a gamer lose interest. If the gamer knows what happens before it happens, then it's no fun. Next, we have the world. I would go far as to say it's too big. yes, i know it is endless, but the depth that each part of this endless world goes is nearly disturbing. sometimes i quit playing purely because there is so much exploring, it gets overwhelming, as well as this game can make you feel lonely, so be sure you bring a friend. as far as what you can make, do, and accomplish in this world, don't think about it, because it will make you light headed. but this game, it's absolutely incredible. Expand
  19. May 7, 2012
    Great game, beautiful 2D graphics, beautiful retro soundtrack, enjoyable old-school gameplay with new twists. However, contrary to other people, i suggest you don't play this in a "grinding" style. It can get boring if you play it over and over for long periods of time. Play it in sections, each time relaxed and enjoying the exploration side of the game, and stop when it feels like it'sGreat game, beautiful 2D graphics, beautiful retro soundtrack, enjoyable old-school gameplay with new twists. However, contrary to other people, i suggest you don't play this in a "grinding" style. It can get boring if you play it over and over for long periods of time. Play it in sections, each time relaxed and enjoying the exploration side of the game, and stop when it feels like it's starting to be "too much work". The game is huge but as you can imagine in such a platforming game, even with RPG elements, it's not easy to get a lot of variation in this style of game, so you have to prevent your own burnout. If you do that, i guarantee this is one game you'll be wanting to pick up at least once every day for an hour. Should be a long lasting fun. They also update with incredible speed and regularity, so things are fixed as soon as you see them or even before. Great devs. Expand
  20. May 30, 2013
    Strange style, strange story, strange music and strange concept incorporated into a highly addictive ensemble. With literally thousands of dungeons and many diverse missions and regions you can spent many hours exploring and progressing through the vast world of Environ.

It does get a bit repetitive over time, but still there is a good number of content just waiting to be explored.
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    This game has changed a lot since it was first released. The graphics are the only real drawback now. This is a fun game for people looking for metroidvania gameplay, lots of stuff to find, procedural worlds, and infinite play value, if you don't mind the repetition. And frankly, I find this game's repetition much more preferable than games where you have to fight the exact same fightsThis game has changed a lot since it was first released. The graphics are the only real drawback now. This is a fun game for people looking for metroidvania gameplay, lots of stuff to find, procedural worlds, and infinite play value, if you don't mind the repetition. And frankly, I find this game's repetition much more preferable than games where you have to fight the exact same fights over and over. But forget these reviews and just go try the demo. Expand
  22. May 16, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. games like this awesome, people cant see it very good game i really like this. everybody should buy one in my opinion. games like these not developing anymore.. Expand

1. Jul 17, 2012
    Valley lacked any redeeming fun factor to make up for the time I spent playing the game. While the game offers plenty of opportunity to explore a wide world, there is no real story that explains where you are going or where you are.
  2. PC Gamer
    Jun 19, 2012
    A hideous collage of unconsidered platforming and vapid combat in a procedural world bleached of meaning. [Aug 2012, p.70]
  3. PC PowerPlay